The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 142 views: 90,760
bill5 4 weeks ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 152 views: 106,826
puremix.net 10th January 2020

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 172 views: 174,442
Tascam238 9th September 2019

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 93,895
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 41,808
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 45,916
Jules 1st February 2011

I would like to know, are they good for mixing purposes? Do your mix translate? i am about to buy my first pair of monitor and...

nickalpha
replies: 4 views: 168
nickalpha 2 minutes ago

Working on my home studio and about to get some monitors, entry level ones to start with. Anything in the $500 range that can get...

nickalpha
replies: 23 views: 549
nickalpha 4 minutes ago

Hi!:) I'm doing a mix with alot of MIDI instruments and I think there's too much going on in the center. I know that the bass...

e95e
replies: 7 views: 350
bill5 7 minutes ago

Hi there, Which microphone types would you use to record this trad instrument called "tammorra" or...

RandomPerson
replies: 6 views: 545
CJ Mastering 23 minutes ago

Maybe there's a term for it? How do you do it? When the vocal part gets louder, the reverb gets obviously louder. Listen to...

Simpleton
replies: 5 views: 248
CJ Mastering 55 minutes ago

Hello, I just have a quick question re: Sample rates. I like to work in 48/32bit float as that is really the best I can do...

jah
replies: 5 views: 201
CJ Mastering 1 hour ago

Hello there! This is Q, who is a musician(key player)and also learning noob engineer. Built little home studio that can 4-6...

shimoyjk
replies: 1 views: 160
CJ Mastering 1 hour ago

I'm thinking of purchasing some affordable monitors (probably Mackie's or entry-level Yamaha's) just to help ensure I'm not...

EasyToAssemble
replies: 1 views: 100
CJ Mastering 1 hour ago

I would appreciate advice on connecting a MIDI sound module to my setup. Windows 10 Pro computer Cubase, Halion, Dorico...

Doc K
replies: 3 views: 185
Doc K 1 hour ago

I currently have a Focusrite Saffire Pro 14 and I plan on recording vocals soon. My audio chain is RODA NT1A mic --> Warm...

kompulsive
replies: 4 views: 240
CJ Mastering 2 hours ago

As you may know, I've written a book called 'Mixing Secrets For The Small Studio', in which I set out a step-by-step mixing...

triviul
replies: 2 views: 334
Quetz 7 hours ago

Hey All ! I have multi strand Litz wire speaker wire and I'm sure that when I wire all the strands together they will be...

Gorquin
replies: 5 views: 307
Quetz 7 hours ago

Interface Headphone Output Specs: Maximum Power 47 mW / channel @ 56Ω Frequency Response 20 Hz – 20 kHz (±0.5 dBu, unity...

biglearner
replies: 1 views: 234
CJ Mastering 16 hours ago

I watched about 25 videos and read dozens of forum posts about gain staging but it seems like no one agrees with each...

Hip Hop Head
replies: 21 views: 1,499
fabiospark 17 hours ago

A few years ago I helped put a new sound system in an elementary school gym. Here are the components I've got now: Soundcraft...

oim7e
replies: 6 views: 247
12ax7 20 hours ago

Hello! I’m having some doubts regarding the input level of the Warm Audio WA76 (or any other hardware units). I...

Patog
replies: 8 views: 326
BT64 21 hours ago

Hi gang Im using a Shure sm7b with a 286s into a focusrite 2i2 interface. Im also using a cloudlifter after the mic for the...

patriot
replies: 3 views: 235
patriot 21 hours ago

Hi to All, I was wondering how to manage connectivity and control with many devices. Setup: Yamaha MU80 - INPUT:...

znaj
replies: 1 views: 367
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hey, i'm interested to know what you guys think the dynamic range of the kick and snare should be in rock/punk music. Where do...

L Audio
replies: 4 views: 308
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hi guys I have a universal audio apollo 8 quad. I am running via thunderbolt into my mbook pro. My problem is when I track all...

jaystandin
replies: 30 views: 4,269
elegentdrum 1 day ago

Hi All! Just bought a single Behringer C50A speaker. What is the best way to connect it to a mixer. I already have 2...

coppethall
replies: 4 views: 283
MusicInHeart 1 day ago

Hey guys. I have a copy of Propellerhead Reason, a MicroKORG, and a Moog Slim Phatty. I am still learning my way around the...

DiggyDre
replies: 26 views: 7,013
Instrmntl 1 day ago

Hello dear friends. I have a problem with my brand new Neumann u87 Ai. When I sing loud there is some strange resonance at 3khz....

Husky Squad
replies: 0 views: 300
Husky Squad 1 day ago

I have lots of great backing tracks in mp3 format I would like to load onto my Boss BR900, but it only takes wave files. I tried...

Tag101
replies: 2 views: 659
Tray 2 days ago

Any Jamaican here on GS? Let me Know :)

nickalpha
replies: 1 views: 260
nickalpha 2 days ago

I have a Casio Privia PX 150 and it has two TRS Phones inserts on the back and I would like to use these to record the pianos...

camomiletea
replies: 16 views: 646
adrianww 2 days ago

Hello, I am very curious to how Andre 3000 makes these changes to his voice when he sings, does anyone have any idea of the...

Straw
replies: 4 views: 304
Korcraft 3 days ago

hello, cooge I'm trying to find a way to use old aax plugins like phoenix II using wrappers or hosts but to no result at the...

Sybille
replies: 5 views: 282
Sybille 3 days ago

Could you teach me how to fish? The ME1NV manual does not seem to say whether it is balanced or unbalanced Hi-Z input. I am...

snowplaysmusic
replies: 2 views: 289
Korcraft 3 days ago

ok, so im looking at buying the MA-200 but The Manley Black Reference Cardioid really gets my mind going, but i would rather not...

saska162
replies: 1 views: 362
Bushman 4 days ago

Hey everyone. Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here it goes. I want to learn more about rack gear &...

nicholasr325
replies: 2 views: 456
nicholasr325 4 days ago

Why does hardware/analog sound like 3D and plugins/digital like 2D?

erike123
replies: 238 views: 8,660
theblue1 4 days ago

I've done a few searches and found a couple of things, but I'm hoping someone here can make a few suggestions. I am sick of my...

1812Music
replies: 11 views: 574
1812Music 5 days ago

Hi Guys, new to this forum, would love some help. I’ve been tracking drums for a variety of needs from my home for over 10...

MOTINA3
replies: 3 views: 714
MOTINA3 5 days ago

My songs are all MIDI tracks and I use an EQ and maxim limiter on my master fader to apply some compression and maximize the...

ozzlvlosis
replies: 8 views: 464
joeq 5 days ago

Hi guys! Could you recommend me a budget mic good for bass cab? I already have an AKG D112 for the kickdrum but I'd like to buy a...

oZZma
replies: 2 views: 372
oZZma 5 days ago

I was just wondering if the actual body (apart from handling) of a Microphone affect the sound in anyway? Say if it were to take...

COLINROBOT
replies: 3 views: 683
joeq 5 days ago

So here’s my problem. I have an AT2020 microphone running through a Scarlett solo usb 3rd gen..I don’t know if it’s the...

Heirjordyn21
replies: 6 views: 578
joeq 5 days ago

Hello, I have three Furman Power 'Conditioners'. Two IT Ref 20i's and one 2400-IT, all output balanced power. I installed these...

noob2019
replies: 1 views: 345
noob2019 5 days ago

Hi Everyone. I am new to this site so I hope this is the correct thing to do. I have a second hand Fostex 280 which I go a...

GL31
replies: 3 views: 543
Mik_EB 6 days ago

Or did the average tracking level hover around that area with peaks going over? Also, in todays 24bit recording world would your...

camomiletea
replies: 37 views: 1,932
BIG BUDDHA 6 days ago

I’m using my Shure Sm7b which is connected to my focusrite 2i2, which is connected to my dbx 286s, to give the Shure Sm7b more...

producer679
replies: 6 views: 773
producer679 6 days ago

Patience, patience! Clicking the 'Submit' button several times will not cause the your post to upload any faster. Please click...

[email protected]
replies: 17 views: 2,145
paulbusc 6 days ago

Hi, I'm running Ableton Live 10 Suite and need some help and advice setting up my rig. If anyone can talk me through it i'd be...

edpops
replies: 4 views: 553
TheBigLongy 6 days ago

Hello! I have a Universal Audio interface, Arrow, with two mic inputs on it. I wanted to extend it to record my horn with at...

Thomaswar
replies: 8 views: 448
CJ Mastering 6 days ago

What kinds of things are going on behind the scenes when reverb processors take a mono input and outputs nice wide stereo...

Cesarnsanchez
replies: 7 views: 495
mattiasnyc 6 days ago

Hello, Im starting to put together a podcast/You tube set up. i currently have a symetrix 528E and dynamic Mic (EV RE 20 and...

patriot
replies: 42 views: 1,201
patriot 6 days ago

I’m trying to figure out how to reamp with a boss br 1600, the recorder’s outs are mentioned but I’m confused because the...

Firecat
replies: 4 views: 415
Firecat 6 days ago
replies: 0 views: 609
Taragana 1 week ago

This is not an entire newby question, but I did not find another forum that said something like "Recording Techniques"....

herrturtur
replies: 5 views: 573
herrturtur 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search