The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Newbie audio engineering + production question zone

Options
Announcement: The Gearslutz 2018 Member Survey is on! Whitecat
29th March 2018 Views: 2,486
Views: 2,486
29th March 2018
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 107 views: 53,455
Etch-A-Sketch 2 weeks ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 130 views: 63,162
bainmack 9th March 2018

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 148 views: 117,987
mattiasnyc 27th January 2018

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 65,137
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 32,350
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 32,518
Jules 1st February 2011

I just got my slate VMS yesterday and I proceeded to plug it in to my apogee duet in one of the inputs that are provided. Of...

MusicInHeart
replies: 4 views: 249
Thrust 24 minutes ago

Hi to all of you professional mixers/engineers. If you want to skip the whole discussion and just give me some simple feedback...

Quetz
replies: 81 views: 1,539
Dana_T. 27 minutes ago

So for an audio class project I need to reproduce the sound of Led Zeppelin 1 as closely as possible. I have musicians who can...

GiveMeYourGuitar
replies: 38 views: 883
deedeeyeah 52 minutes ago

Hello everyone! This is my first post here and I want to thank every single one of you for checking it out! I'm also newbie when...

VoiceOverJoe
replies: 1 views: 61
mattiasnyc 1 hour ago

How do I connect apogee big ben to midas venice firewire? Hoping aes is compatible with xlr with correct aes cable. Thank you

rawboogie
replies: 1 views: 109
rawboogie 2 hours ago

Any advice on remaking this synth guys? Using Logic X

DenversWorld
replies: 3 views: 274
DenversWorld 2 hours ago

So I've got a talkback system here that'a s bit complicated. At the moment it goes into a Cranesong Avocet and gets routed...

Dayo
replies: 1 views: 66
deedeeyeah 2 hours ago

I have decision making paralysis and it's stopping me from recording and creating. I really need some help. I need to upgrade my...

apparition
replies: 1 views: 167
wrgkmc 3 hours ago

I'm sure most of us on here have heard the track Lenny by SRV. If you haven't: YouTube I'm curious on how one would go about...

connorzman
replies: 48 views: 629
CJ Mastering 7 hours ago

Hi Everyone, I need a mic to record both solo and group vocals. Any particular mic to suit my need? I do mostly pop/rock and...

gegen
replies: 18 views: 597
gegen 14 hours ago

Hello all, So this question is in regards to mono compatibility, specifically my synths and leads. My basses and drums don’t...

DanSiego
replies: 11 views: 266
Sharp11 14 hours ago

I've returned to composing and recording music after a 10-year hiatus where I focused on work/school/life stuff and for the past...

jiffybox
replies: 6 views: 351
jiffybox 15 hours ago

Hi All, I currently have the following setup: DAW->UAD Apollo Twin->PMC twotwo.6 The UAD is connected to the PMC's...

VNVNation
replies: 0 views: 145
VNVNation 15 hours ago

Hello guys, any ideas on how the effect on the guitar in the LEFT channel is achieved in this song? It's almost synth-like and...

tanelilucis
replies: 3 views: 293
tanelilucis 16 hours ago

Trying to decide on a small DAW controller for effect parameters like compression and EQ.

goom
replies: 0 views: 163
goom 17 hours ago

Hello everybody. I’m actually a pro-user but Basic vs. Premium differences are a bit confusing and not well documented. I know...

hes_ko
replies: 15 views: 1,153
AlecAlfaras 18 hours ago

Hi! I am new to this forum (and sound mixing in general) and was wondering if anyone would be interested in providing feedback on...

tdech
replies: 10 views: 354
tdech 19 hours ago

Hi Guys i am kind of new here read the rules and hope this is appropriate. I am working on a song on logic pro and have an...

Dig It
replies: 0 views: 195
Dig It 20 hours ago

Hello, Essentially I want to use Roli Seaboard as master keyboard in Single channel midi mode. So I have Seaboard > USB in...

harky
replies: 0 views: 199
harky 20 hours ago

Hello, i know there are lots of posts about this topic on several foruns, BUT i'm still looking for an definitive answer to my...

Mathost
replies: 0 views: 216
Mathost 20 hours ago

Hi! So I've spent about an hour editing and created new patches for my Casio CZ-3000 and as the manual says, turned off memory...

MitchGreen
replies: 2 views: 185
MitchGreen 21 hours ago

I tried the Waves Triple D on my two bus, and it instantly tightened everything up in a way that plugins like the L2 never could...

asarghmatey
replies: 0 views: 220
asarghmatey 21 hours ago

Hello, first post! I am trying to record my band (and others) with all of us playing at the same time. I am currently...

austingray
replies: 3 views: 344
facej 22 hours ago

Hi there, I’m between two audio interfaces for my home studio and new MBP. Focusrite Clarett (TB2) or UA Arrow (TB3). The...

nellystarfish
replies: 1 views: 229
facej 22 hours ago

Hi all, Really stupid question here: I'm an experienced post-production guy working on a live-sound side project with a...

Slappo
replies: 4 views: 775
Jodelbua 1 day ago

Hi. I wanna buy a new antelope interface. Can I use all the afx with both of them? The discrete has 4 more pre amps but it's...

dugdanger
replies: 0 views: 205
dugdanger 1 day ago

Hi This summer I'm making a project size studio, mainly just to record my own music but friends or local bands could use it if...

panicinbabylon
replies: 1 views: 305
Owen L T 1 day ago

I'm getting a "Can not connect Recorder CPU" error code when trying to start up my Aw4416. I'd been away for 5 years,...

MOC
replies: 2 views: 318
MOC 1 day ago

Hello. There is a feature in Renoise/Redux that I love, and I was wondering if any of you knows how to do the same thing in...

fredje
replies: 2 views: 301
fredje 1 day ago

Hey guys. I mix and record ITB (axe fx,superior drummer, modeling Mic.) I want to get a quality interface or converter to run...

Underoath77
replies: 2 views: 330
Underoath77 1 day ago

Hi everyone. I know posts have been made about this topic before, but none of them solved my issue. I’m trying to double track...

MashburnGear
replies: 35 views: 723
rparker 1 day ago

Hello Guys, I just learned a trick with compression for drum and bass, the real NY compression trick. Now that I tried it, I...

CynicalDux
replies: 19 views: 617
Quetz 1 day ago

No.1 A Pultec eq affects the output signal when all gains are zeroed - but changing frequency selection changes the transformer...

DannyMac
replies: 2 views: 322
Quetz 1 day ago

Hi all. My issue : There is a constant white noise present when I arm a track for record using a hardware instrument. The...

Wooksound
replies: 31 views: 985
mattiasnyc 1 day ago

hello, so i have an old casio MA-150 keyboard which only has a 5 pin DIN midi out . i want to use it as a midi controller ,i...

rajath
replies: 3 views: 281
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hey guys, New here. Had to make an account because after the last 2-3 weeks of researching I'm still undecided on what interface...

Woestyy
replies: 5 views: 348
panicinbabylon 1 day ago

Hey Guys, I have been working on my beats for a while now, and I feel I've got the melodies and drum side of things down and...

jaggy89
replies: 6 views: 396
jaggy89 1 day ago

My Avatone CV12 is creating a ton of feedback in home studio. I've hooked up a AKG Perception 200 with no feedback at all. Is the...

AkaG
replies: 7 views: 382
AkaG 2 days ago

Hi folks! This isn't a problem because I've already figured the workaround--I'm just trying to understand the technology...

Dunlop
replies: 3 views: 290
joeq 2 days ago

hello, so i have an old Cassio MA-150 which has only one 5 DIN midi out and i also have a focusrite scarlett solo ,i want to...

rajath
replies: 0 views: 208
rajath 2 days ago

Hello. Not sure where I should have put this thread. I'm a musician but a synth newbie. I really want to recreate the synth...

ty45
replies: 10 views: 378
Noisewagon 2 days ago

Hi yall, So, I've been practising a bit lately with phase/time alignment when speakers aren't in line with the subs i.e, being...

corybayton
replies: 3 views: 288
Owen L T 2 days ago

Which input sensitivity (+4dBu/-10 dBv) settings should I use when connecting JBL LSR 305 speakers directly to the Realtek ALC892...

NOOHP
replies: 2 views: 246
NOOHP 2 days ago

Looking for high quality studio phones for tracking/monitoring. Something extremely flat and...

phanhuyen
replies: 2 views: 324
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

I am new to the practice of sending individual tracks to others online for purposes of collaboration and have a general question....

anonymous23
replies: 5 views: 296
Brent Hahn 3 days ago

I'm new to the forums and looking for some feedback on making a studio desk. I just bought a NI S61 keyboard and are running...

vindustrial
replies: 5 views: 334
vindustrial 3 days ago

Hey guys! I'm new here and didn't realise I was missing out on connecting with such a large community of enthusiasts like...

shauryamanga
replies: 3 views: 250
shauryamanga 3 days ago

Hello everyone. Just wondering how I can download the 64-bit windows version of this vst. Cannot find it anywhere. All links I...

ty45
replies: 2 views: 269
Ol' Betsey 3 days ago

A decade ago I used Soundtrack Pro like it was going out of style for audio clean up and noise removal on old productions and...

steelaudio
replies: 5 views: 316
steelaudio 3 days ago

hello, I did a search for this but didn't find anything for my specific question so apologies if it has been addressed. It...

stevensonmat2
replies: 4 views: 333
westom 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search