The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 2,149
Views: 2,149
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 168 views: 143,757
nosebleedaudio 9th April 2019

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 122 views: 69,288
Nuieve 5th April 2019

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 145 views: 81,817
DIGIT 3rd March 2019

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 79,097
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 37,127
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 39,091
Jules 1st February 2011

This video link provides an explanation of a particular microtonal scale and how to program it in a...

electrojunky
replies: 1 views: 82
Noisewagon 2 hours ago

Hi guys I've bought a red box to use with guitar impluse responses (D.Iing by amp head into my preamps) but i've been told by...

alfiemeanswell93
replies: 4 views: 315
chrischoir 2 hours ago

I'm going along working on my songs, I'm pretty satisfied but there's just one thing, I'm getting crazy about figuring out how I...

Paratriplel
replies: 19 views: 445
jerry123 3 hours ago

Just wondering I use a Great River Mix Master for analog summing. I been wondering about a a console just to get somthing hands...

spektor
replies: 3 views: 186
spektor 4 hours ago

Help. I bought an Art Pro Channel tube mic preamp or channel strip. I need to connect it to my M-Audio M-Track Plus for...

Shady G
replies: 1 views: 79
Mag J 5 hours ago

Hi, I wanna buy myself a new audio interface (currently own a Focusrite 2i2). I was thinking about getting a Behringer...

wesivivigi
replies: 5 views: 335
Mag J 6 hours ago

Hi Is there any differences in actual audio quality between these models: Focusrite Scarlett Solo vs 2i2 Steinberg UR12 vs...

Super Mario
replies: 20 views: 493
Bushman 7 hours ago

Hey folks, First post in like 7 years confoosedconfoosed. Been getting back to recordings some music for the first time in...

orksnork
replies: 0 views: 106
orksnork 8 hours ago

Hi guys! i'm recently totally getting confused from the topic analogic /digital cables i'm talking about a standard rca to rca...

nhouz
replies: 6 views: 295
rumleymusic 10 hours ago

Hi I have simple noob question (I guess) because I could not find any usefull info in google. What do you think about...

igor.gorski95
replies: 1 views: 181
tedtan 11 hours ago

Lately I was obsessed with the 80's songs, and I really wanted to know how they were recorded and mixed. I want all the...

Lukasp.
replies: 7 views: 392
Bushman 12 hours ago

I'm trying to figure out the fastest/best way to record drums over drums. Let's say you have 10 channels coming into your DAW...

NerdyUsername
replies: 4 views: 294
Brent Hahn 12 hours ago

Hi guys, we were thinking about the 32bit float and the flow to follow during the processing of a project. The situation is the...

Simonluka
replies: 2 views: 214
Simonluka 17 hours ago

Hello everyone, I'm brand new to music production. This forum has been very helpful as I can usually search and find answers to...

Jaycich
replies: 16 views: 482
HSi 19 hours ago

Greetings- I am trying to use Countryman B3 lav mics as wired mics using Shure Easyflex inline preamps with no avail. The mics...

Andy4quarts
replies: 4 views: 640
siriri 19 hours ago

im mixing a song for an artist and im having trouble mixing a harmony part for the chorus..the artist has a high pitched lead...

Newbie956
replies: 5 views: 230
bgood 1 day ago

Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help a n00b with a connection question? I've been acquiring some gear to put together...

spotlizard
replies: 3 views: 305
geob 1 day ago

Hello guys, :) Today I was tweaking some vocals and I came to the realization that once the recorded take is pretty high...

Sybille
replies: 0 views: 171
Sybille 1 day ago

Hi all, have a question about static noise when recording - I am using an Avantone CV-12 tube condenser microphone with a...

taylorswiftmic
replies: 4 views: 221
Poinzy 1 day ago

Hi I have connected this to my Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen Focusrite using S/PDIF. Previously I have used the analog outputs, but...

Ninecows
replies: 2 views: 175
Murky Waters 1 day ago

does anyone know to make panned vocals (hard left,hard right) sound good in mono? ive been listening to professional mixes and...

Newbie956
replies: 23 views: 608
wwittman 1 day ago

Hi, I was wondering if anybody has a thought on how de fx chain on the vocal of birdy's 'people help the people' was...

Diederik
replies: 1 views: 1,278
Eric Stravinsky 1 day ago

Hi Guys I'm new here but not new to production and I have a couple of production questions that I need to get to the bottom...

Gimp2020
replies: 3 views: 241
Murky Waters 1 day ago

Looking to getting into recording piano at home as a side hobby. My room is pretty small and I'm not too sure what mic...

cluelesskiddo
replies: 37 views: 1,501
siriri 1 day ago

Hi there! My name is Lukas and I’m from a small town in Kansas. I play in a few local bands and I have no real audio knowledge...

lukashu35
replies: 1 views: 238
DCtoDaylight 1 day ago

Hi, I hope this is the right place to post! I am looking for a Techno synthesizer something with good presets for techno...

nickysizzle11
replies: 3 views: 329
Big Ben 1 day ago

so i want to get my first synthesizer but i really have no idea what synth i should get or what kind of other equipment i'll need...

TheRealFrosty
replies: 16 views: 572
willem1958 1 day ago

Hey there! A (propably) basic question about analog gear: I can't get my Drum-Machine (Elektron Analog Rytm MKII) to sound...

spiritdesire
replies: 2 views: 297
spiritdesire 1 day ago

Hi all, I produce entirely within Logic Pro 9 on my Mac, but have recently started recording finished tracks to cassette...

producer101
replies: 28 views: 930
simon.billington 1 day ago

Hello all, this is my first post on this forum and am asking what is probably a silly question. I am in the process of buying a...

AussieChicken97
replies: 3 views: 262
BT64 1 day ago

Hello guys, I don't really know if it's the right forum for this kind of philosophical question but It has been driving me...

Sybille
replies: 79 views: 1,497
Dr. Mordo 1 day ago

Hi, I am looking to get into outboard gear mainly with the intent of running stuff out of my daw through delays/compressors etc...

Jookington
replies: 2 views: 247
BT64 1 day ago

I have never been satisfied with the vocals in the DAW. Interface is 6i6. I have a handful of microphones, and I record them at...

mark1971
replies: 98 views: 2,342
Piedpiper 2 days ago

I'm planning on upgrading to Abelton Live Suite and was wondering was it worth getting Fabfilter plugins along with it as opposed...

cpjofarrell
replies: 0 views: 247
cpjofarrell 2 days ago

So, me and a friend of mine have been working on an indie rock project for a while. We've been writing for a few months and still...

camerond96
replies: 8 views: 299
Murky Waters 2 days ago

There is a lot of discussion on mono mixing already but nothing regarding my specific situation. When applying the...

Tylerfeth50
replies: 2 views: 259
Tylerfeth50 2 days ago
replies: 3 views: 1,212
Ivandovich 2 days ago

I was just Listening to the classic song "BAKER STREET", with that massive sax, just awesome. I was thinking about the...

Jeffguitar
replies: 4 views: 326
Jeffguitar 2 days ago

Hello, :) ok, stupid question I never thought about but here it goes: When you have loads of auxes, for exemple on your...

Sybille
replies: 2 views: 281
Sybille 2 days ago

I just purchased a barely used Yamaha MG10XU mixer. I have been an audio engineer for 30+ years but am new to usb recording. I am...

Deni Downs
replies: 4 views: 343
Deni Downs 2 days ago

Hi guys! I just got the Focusrite Liquid Channel and I'm absolutely in love with it! However, it doesn't seem to work with...

FlamingOnion
replies: 8 views: 611
radius9999 3 days ago

Hello everyone, sorry, Im kind of a newbie when it comes to Reel to Reel recording. I know on my modern day soundcard there are...

ZacClark
replies: 15 views: 8,139
bbnitwit 3 days ago

Hello, I have just joined a samba band and want to practice on a drumpad so I don't destroy the relationship with my wife and my...

kramma
replies: 0 views: 244
kramma 3 days ago

just looking to get a better idea what the general consensus is on using mic outputs vs line outputs on guitar related...

mistermikev
replies: 9 views: 287
mistermikev 3 days ago

Hi Slutz Could anyone please share how they use VU meters in their Mix, and when, and why? Thanks :)

Deleted 76d1bd4
replies: 10 views: 547
Prodba 3 days ago

This seems embarassingly n00b. My songs have whitenoise throughout. Even parts that were only virtual instruments with no mic. ...

fracturematt
replies: 6 views: 381
locnus 3 days ago

Long time lurker; first time poster. Having a tough time emulating the specific stereo widening technique on the vocals in...

Adam Perez
replies: 19 views: 618
JEK3 3 days ago

I have a Soldano X88R preamp and I want to record it with my UAD Apollo into a DAW that adds poweramp and cab simulations. I...

CulchuralMarxism
replies: 12 views: 361
BT64 3 days ago

I use a walk-in closet as an isolation booth when I record vocals. I have pro sound blankets hung on the walls plus the closet is...

mcurran
replies: 15 views: 431
Unclenny 4 days ago

I have a 120 bpm track I'm working on. The drums that sound good are slow but I just hate them. I want to play it super fast...

cheguevara93
replies: 13 views: 437
Prodba 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search