The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 168 views: 141,860
nosebleedaudio 2 weeks ago

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 122 views: 68,172
Nuieve 2 weeks ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 145 views: 80,594
DIGIT 3rd March 2019

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 78,129
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 36,864
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 38,644
Jules 1st February 2011

Dayum. Mixed my 1st song.Sounded fantastic on Mackies, Ns10s and Auratones and Senn HD600 headphones. I thought I nailed...

Nuieve
replies: 1 views: 51
Prodba 1 hour ago

Hello! I'm new to an anolog gear, so i want to make it clear. I got mic , preamp, compressor, eq, uad apollo and Neumann...

RGOAT
replies: 3 views: 117
Bender412 3 hours ago

What up yall? It's been a long time since I posted anything. I took a long hiatus from recording and production to raise some...

solomon415
replies: 3 views: 216
Prodba 4 hours ago

Have seen this mixer for sale at the 40-45 quid new Behringer XENYX 802 Mixer at Gear4music Dose it have Reverb on it?

barnaby rudge
replies: 40 views: 524
Bushman 5 hours ago

YouTube t21DFnu00Dc The synth that comes in at the chorus at about 0:15 or so. Is this a saw tooth?

Dkelloway
replies: 2 views: 738
Dkelloway 6 hours ago

anybody here know how it was done? I have always wanted to know how the intro to van halens runnin with the devil was done?...

pencilextremist
replies: 3 views: 150
pencilextremist 6 hours ago

Anyone got any tips and/or tricks for using the Roland System-1? I got mine yesterday. What's the signal path? I'm confused as...

twinreverb
replies: 0 views: 76
twinreverb 6 hours ago

Hi, I was a newbie about 4 years ago, worked on some projects, then stopped doing VO due to job demands... I am just now...

StrangeAsAngels
replies: 0 views: 97
StrangeAsAngels 6 hours ago

Hi guys, I would like to get a overview what I would need for a full hardware setup in the future with the only use of a...

Coenf99
replies: 7 views: 389
Plum Age 7 hours ago

Hear we have 3 different mixers being sold on ebay. They all have a different brand name on them but they look identical like...

barnaby rudge
replies: 16 views: 367
Murky Waters 8 hours ago

Hi. I have acquired a 16-channel Studiomaster P7 desk. It doesn't have insert points –*only tape out, tape in, XLR in, line,...

jamessullivan
replies: 7 views: 199
Murky Waters 8 hours ago

Hello, I have a question about input levels and normalization. I work as a voice actor and most of the time I set my gain to...

The0
replies: 9 views: 284
BT64 9 hours ago

Hi Slutz Could anyone share their methods of using serial compression on vocals to make them sound nice and big and fat,...

Obadiah93
replies: 12 views: 443
bgood 10 hours ago

Hi all, I've got a 2011 Mac Mini (with 3.5 mm optical jacks), and recently bought an Audient iD14. I know this interface...

camannwordsmith
replies: 4 views: 270
camannwordsmith 13 hours ago

I'm new to the converters so, as i understand you need two separate devices, one for AD, another for DA, but why there're so many...

Michael Normann
replies: 14 views: 545
Swonk 15 hours ago

Hello there! I'm looking for a portable sound recorder to carry on with me and record field sound samples to use in music...

saberpoder
replies: 6 views: 2,123
audioisfun 15 hours ago

Hey everyone. I got the Yeti Pro of ebay but didnt include the XLR cable. USB works fine but then I got this cable from...

Annvdb
replies: 4 views: 598
georgedyn 17 hours ago

So hello, fellow Gearheads! I recently got myself a Behringer C-3 mic (do not laugh :lol:). My interface (B. 404hd) has 4...

Arpotron
replies: 21 views: 517
Synthmaven 18 hours ago

Hi Slutz How do you get fat slamming drum sounds? I've got a good drum recording but when I add saturation and compression it...

Obadiah93
replies: 3 views: 293
Bedroom Studio 23 hours ago

Hey guys, Let’s say I buy a 100$ mic and EQ it mimicking the frequency response of a U87. Will it sound the same (or at...

The0
replies: 2 views: 224
Prodba 1 day ago

Ok, have a 2 Apollo setup for 16 analog ins and outs. Everything’s been wired to the patchbays and I worked for quite a while...

vicwind
replies: 6 views: 272
vicwind 1 day ago

Hi Can anyone please explain to me the basics of what wet and try recordings mean? Is it classed as reverb and if so should you...

barnaby rudge
replies: 6 views: 318
bill5 1 day ago

I can't figure it out the raw drums, or the processing is there. sounds strange. And I think all the same 4 round Robin( u...

konradtree
replies: 8 views: 564
Jazzmaster62 1 day ago

Hi Folks, I have listened to a lot of Beatles in my life, but not done so much in the last 3 years during which time I have...

BoomWomb
replies: 2 views: 319
jammiedodger666 1 day ago

Recently I've been into this American guy called Unfound. He makes 80s inspired, synth based music. All of his music seems to...

Naoki971
replies: 1 views: 265
mattiasnyc 1 day ago

Hey, how are you? ;) In 1-2 months or so I'm planning to start mixing a self-produced electronic album. I was thinking of doing...

Tony Knobs
replies: 8 views: 449
Sigma 1 day ago

I was wondering the best way to tUrn vocals up the cleanest most transparent way possible I don’t want to add any distortion or...

Jasonxolly
replies: 4 views: 386
pettah93 1 day ago

Hi there, Guys this problem is driving me nuts. I'm pretty sure it's masking but I can't seem to figure it out. So I'm...

Romdave
replies: 17 views: 570
JonnieK 1 day ago

Hi guys, I would like to create a free sample pack. I want to give it for free but with some conditions like a Creative...

lovermusic
replies: 1 views: 300
JonnieK 1 day ago

Hi everyone. This is more of an all-in-one question (a long one) so I hope this forum is the right place for it. I’m brand new...

kcarter609
replies: 9 views: 353
Murky Waters 2 days ago

Hi all, Getting ready to add some control to my rig for mixing. I'm running fl studio and I'm torn between a raven slate or...

Orcus
replies: 7 views: 1,393
bluedot 2 days ago

I have mixed a track 80 times now, and im never satisfied with it!! I am aiming for acdc like mix quality wise.. Im getting...

rub1v
replies: 14 views: 459
Muser 2 days ago

Newbie to mixing/mastering here. Just thought I would say that. Anyway, there are links like this (5 Songs That Are...

mwtzzz
replies: 2 views: 290
FreshProduce 2 days ago

Hi ! I bought this card to connect a dynamic mic in front panel (need the knob because volume is low :...

ragrati
replies: 46 views: 646
MarkF48 2 days ago

I have never been satisfied with the vocals in the DAW. Interface is 6i6. I have a handful of microphones, and I record them at...

mark1971
replies: 44 views: 1,033
mark1971 2 days ago

Can anyone name an estimation of what effects where used on these: YouTube and YouTube

Jonas
replies: 3 views: 315
JonnieK 2 days ago

Hi I have uploaded an image of a microphone stand I recently purchased. There are 2 microphone holding brackets that came with...

barnaby rudge
replies: 2 views: 227
barnaby rudge 2 days ago

Hi Slutz Was wondering if anyone could explain to me the benefits of using 64 bit over 32bit pluggins, I'm using 32 bit Cubase...

Obadiah93
replies: 10 views: 408
Teej 2 days ago

Hey, I can't figure out what kind of spectral effect this is on the side channel? I've solo'd strictly the sides so you can...

savaikun
replies: 1 views: 272
JonnieK 2 days ago

Hi. I apologize if this topic has been done before. I searched the forum, but didn't find anyone asking quite the same thing as...

steverevets
replies: 4 views: 1,204
dan173 2 days ago

This has been a longterm fruitless project of mine, trying to figure out how the "real" singers do it. There are times...

DreamDisease
replies: 3 views: 262
Prodba 2 days ago

Hello everyone, My setup is a Audient iD14 with a Electro voice Re20. I've been doing some voice recording and brass...

chrispyhorn
replies: 1 views: 255
chrispyhorn 2 days ago

Quick question. I want to use 2 condenser mics simultaneously. My preamp (Presonus Studio 2|6, USB interface) has 2 xlr...

The0
replies: 7 views: 414
The0 2 days ago

As I'm building my studio (finished up pretty much) I've been reading extensively on the whole mixing thing, watching tons...

Nuieve
replies: 103 views: 4,195
Brian M. Boykin 3 days ago

I have songs in my DAW (Reaper) with separate tracks (guitar, vocal, etc.) that were recorded at a certain consistent tempo...

bvdd
replies: 3 views: 262
bvdd 3 days ago

Hi guys! Am having problem with hum noise around 60hz, sometimes even 100hz. The attached picture is 2 different condenser mics...

FlamingOnion
replies: 19 views: 434
FlamingOnion 3 days ago

Hey guys I'm out here trying to record an album on my tascam 38 and tascam m50. We have run in to a little problem tho. When we...

Svante
replies: 4 views: 455
DirkP 3 days ago

Hi, everyone! I use an RME Babyface Pro for basic home recording via a laptop (ASUS PC). I mainly record bass guitar tracks. The...

il_mix
replies: 5 views: 329
il_mix 3 days ago

Hey guys. So today i just got an old synth basically for free and i need to connect it to my interface. What im wondering is if i...

mareSLO
replies: 9 views: 398
mareSLO 3 days ago

Hi, I read some articles on how to compress, But before taking the use of compression in consideration... When should you...

Radiussound
replies: 1 views: 131
BIG BUDDHA 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search