The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 148 views: 106,977
Axle_australia 3 days ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 152 views: 125,210
HSi 13th August 2020

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 181 views: 197,019
nosebleedaudio 22nd May 2020

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 103,286
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 45,281
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 50,691
Jules 1st February 2011

I Just got a new microphone (NTK Rode) and a new preamp(WARM WA12 MKll) and a new interface(SSL 2). With that setup, I plugged...

lunamoth
replies: 3 views: 80
CJ Mastering 24 minutes ago

I am soon to buy a better set of IEMs to replace my very cheap set which are tolerable but could be better. As I browse the...

LostTheTone
replies: 2 views: 157
ambiguous signal 1 hour ago

Dear community. I hope someone can help me troubleshooting the audio failure issue I have. On my hybrid windows 10 laptop,...

antonjazzsax
replies: 10 views: 238
antonjazzsax 4 hours ago

Figure 8 or omni? If it changed frequency response drastically benefiting the voice? I never had a multi-pattern mic and I...

N1Greg
replies: 24 views: 474
chessparov2.0 16 hours ago

So I tacked up Producer's Choice Blankets and I have completely covered all but the back wall and that will eventually be...

justbass4
replies: 3 views: 167
bgood 18 hours ago

Looking for a USB Interface/ mixer with a good amp and ability to monitor mic audio and computer audio Using a ATR2100X usb and...

dylanmitchell
replies: 1 views: 112
Mag J 20 hours ago

I'm trying to learn some general principles of engineering, and presently trying to get my head around effects routing,...

EasyToAssemble
replies: 4 views: 106
CJ Mastering 20 hours ago

I been recording at home recently, fairly new to it, and in every track i record i get a very bassy/muddy/muffled sound around...

Nineteen
replies: 2 views: 110
Mag J 21 hours ago

Small room, 4x3 metres, will never have proper treatment, and can't make too much noise due to the neighbours. I primarily use...

Blue Man
replies: 1 views: 146
CJ Mastering 23 hours ago

Hello folks. Not really a newbie but didn't know where else to pose this question/conundrum. What is a producer? Not just...

pquinn
replies: 4 views: 274

I'm not really a producer at all, I'm a singer who wants to take that more seriously, including recording demos and auditions and...

LostTheTone
replies: 5 views: 192

Hi all, I hope someone can help, I'm going a bit crazy here: I am re-amping some guitar parts but I am getting loads of cracking...

giilll
replies: 2 views: 151

I want to use a mask that can be a pop filter that doesn´t change the sound at all.

mateholyc07
replies: 3 views: 129

Hi Guys, I just changed speakers from ADAM S2as which Ive used for around 10 years, to the ADAM A77xs and I'm trying to get...

PaulLawler
replies: 6 views: 137
PaulLawler 1 day ago

If you record, produce and/or engineer Hip Hop, please let me know, this is a solo self recorded (but not produced as I don't...

boombapdame
replies: 1 views: 148
trevon 1 day ago

Hi I’m using my XV5080 in performance mode for the first time. I have 4 parts on midi channels 1-4, routed to outputs A...

UnderTheStairs
replies: 2 views: 136
UnderTheStairs 1 day ago

I have a Mackie CR 1604 that I recently added to my setup, which opened up an option to add four aux/sends to my setup. So as I...

Thevegasnerve
replies: 17 views: 309
joeq 1 day ago

Hello all, As an audio and music professional of many years, a question I am often asked is "what is MIDI?"....

YouTubeAudioGuy
replies: 0 views: 106
YouTubeAudioGuy 1 day ago

Hi, I have a big problem with voltage(I think) and my studio monitors. I have Yamaha MSP5 speakers and Focusrite 2i2 connected...

Ksoa123
replies: 0 views: 107
Ksoa123 1 day ago

Hello, I have a question that might be "very" basic to some of you guys. I always put a VU meter before and at...

adam1993
replies: 18 views: 427
kludgeaudio 1 day ago

If you’re just registering your new Apollo system, give me your email your using for registration and I can refer you with the...

Yinnn
replies: 0 views: 118
Yinnn 1 day ago

I need to buy a pair of headphones for mixing. I am not asking for recommendations for specific brands or models. I just want to...

Boets
replies: 1 views: 105
BT64 1 day ago

I'm trying to write a Sysex message. What is the correct format? The intended message is the highlighted example in the...

The Dazzler
replies: 1 views: 129
The Dazzler 2 days ago

So since this is my first post i will shortly introduce myself. I am 26 and just started in a school for audiotechnicians. I...

Arian
replies: 1 views: 379
BarryLimestone 2 days ago

Hello, I have few questions about line level and mic preamp. Let's say, 1. I have 2 mic preamp that can only using it...

shimoyjk
replies: 2 views: 115
shimoyjk 2 days ago

Hi everyone! I'm currently having an issue with the Lexicon PCM Native Reverb bundle having brought it recently and wondered...

theosandberg
replies: 1 views: 687
errorspending 2 days ago

so the usb port on my m audio midi keyboard broke and i decided i'm going to work around it by buying a midi to usb cable. i...

bitchmade
replies: 2 views: 110
Rick Dalton 2 days ago

Hey there, So I am a hobby DJ, using a Pioneer DDJ-400 USB controller (meaning, I connect the controller to the computer, and...

vamarci
replies: 1 views: 118
Rick Dalton 2 days ago

I am looking to get some sennhesier hd800s or HD820 I will be using these to produce electronic music. 1- can I run these off...

johnboy121
replies: 0 views: 113
johnboy121 2 days ago

Hi, so I'm really new to the job of mixing songs for clients, I was able to land a project with a client where he asked me to mix...

Juan Luis Sandov
replies: 3 views: 152
mattiasnyc 2 days ago

Just a quick one. If a stereo output were to be connected to a balanced input on my mixer via a TRS cable then how would the...

emtemt94
replies: 5 views: 233
BT64 2 days ago

Right now I use just an Mbox 3 audio interface with a AKG c214 mic into Protools 12.5HD I’m Recording vocals only. I’m...

Matthew_Knowes
replies: 12 views: 530
Axle_australia 2 days ago

Hello everyone! Before I get murdered over asking this bare with me.. All things aside I know the general rule is to record...

Musicmaj
replies: 7 views: 317
Scragend 3 days ago

I have been a long-time "in-the-box" composer who did everything through digital instruments in Logic, and I have...

ribbit
replies: 1 views: 191
CFB4 3 days ago

As the title suggests, this post is in regards to this article on Keith Grant and Olympic Studios circa late 1960s....

UncleJimmy
replies: 0 views: 132
UncleJimmy 3 days ago

I've been recording for a while now, and I'm wondering what plugs or techniques people use to achieve a happy balance between the...

daveasdf
replies: 14 views: 752
coreyspencer 3 days ago

Hello. Hopefully this is a suitable place to ask this question. I have a problem when trying to record kick drums with an...

DrHamBone
replies: 5 views: 187
Korcraft 3 days ago

Quick question... I use REAPER for editing, and want to edit a song that isn't recorded to a click, to the grid. Instead of...

sKJF
replies: 0 views: 125
sKJF 3 days ago

I came up with an idea to phase mics that worked well and I wanted to pass if off. Tried to post it earlier but it didnt post for...

Musicmaj
replies: 0 views: 93
Musicmaj 3 days ago

I’m hoping this is a basic question and I’m simply overlooking something obvious! I recently received an old track created...

Ciphony
replies: 17 views: 361
Ciphony 3 days ago

Hey guys, I am struggling with something which is pretty basic probably. I know that you have x-amount of keys on your...

newspapers
replies: 21 views: 366
Bollinja 3 days ago

Hello - I'm fairly new here and am about to buy an interface. These too are my last contenders - my main focus is audio...

Dan88
replies: 2 views: 376
VOodude 3 days ago

Hi Folks, I've been recording my wife playing a small harp (not a pedal harp) and noticed that the track has booming/mud...

MikaB
replies: 7 views: 390
MikaB 3 days ago

(1) Does anyone know what the bandwidth (or Q factor) of a Pultec EQP-1A in the Bass Boost, at 100Hz? (not using...

JamesTinney
replies: 2 views: 1,582
Axle_australia 3 days ago

Specifically from 1:14-ish and onwards. There's the main vocal, but under it there's these pitched vocals. Any idea how they made...

Taragana
replies: 3 views: 286
AlexeySoloviev 4 days ago

Hi, Really hoping someone will be kind enough to help me please. I'm a Country songwriter and am trying to up my production...

Astonator1
replies: 2 views: 230
AlexeySoloviev 4 days ago

I recently got into compression to gain "character" and "mojo" and not just for dynamics. I made these food...

Brian The Great
replies: 1 views: 230
Bushman 4 days ago

So basically I moved my logic projects to google drive to free up a little space on the old hard drive. Then like the idiot I am...

jacqueline999
replies: 0 views: 159
jacqueline999 4 days ago

When it comes to stuff like EQs, mic pres, etc., is there a significant difference between analog units and digital versions that...

Axelorox
replies: 0 views: 135
Axelorox 4 days ago

So I got gifted a Xenyx 1202usb mixer a little while ago and am wondering how good the preamps are in the mixer. I'm mostly going...

Fortis20
replies: 22 views: 19,827
56Alpha 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search