The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 141 views: 87,317
Velvet Elvis 4 days ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 152 views: 102,368
puremix.net 2 weeks ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 173 views: 169,239
Tascam238 9th September 2019

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 91,735
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 41,258
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 44,879
Jules 1st February 2011

I'm a newbie/home hobbyist in terms of audio recording/mixing. If you look back about a year you'll see a couple threads I posted...

mwtzzz
replies: 22 views: 561
Brent Hahn 27 minutes ago

I read repeatedly the problem that exists when trying to record with two microphones at the same time and the phase issues that...

Murrfk
replies: 10 views: 326
RightOnRome 44 minutes ago

Hi guys , Im new here and i need your help with the connection. I have very good Yamaha Subwoofer YST-SW325 which has been...

agnes_magi
replies: 5 views: 106
agnes_magi 1 hour ago

When I load a WAV file straight from the recorder I've noticed a major difference in the sound quality that comes out of (a)...

runbei
replies: 2 views: 443
runbei 2 hours ago

Hey, I got a Scarlet 2i2 interface connected to my mac, and to a pair of Yamaha HS7's and it's working wonders for me. Now I'm...

HeyHoLetsGo
replies: 5 views: 2,481
mattiasnyc 2 hours ago

I am new to this forum (first post) and not very knowledgeable, but have spent around a year getting to this point. I am trying...

Murrfk
replies: 6 views: 306
CJ Mastering 4 hours ago

Right now for my current vocal recording setup I have a Scarlett Gen3 8i6 and an old Audix Om-2 dynamic microphone. Eventually, I...

Theoso
replies: 1 views: 125
nosebleedaudio 5 hours ago

Hello, I have a newbie question and I'm not able to find anything related to our problem here in the forums. I help run...

bradv2
replies: 3 views: 127
RightOnRome 14 hours ago

Hi All, I have a MOTU 8pre-es audio interface expanded with two Clarett Octopres (not a musician; just fascinated over outboard...

Hybrid66
replies: 0 views: 369
Hybrid66 16 hours ago

Hi everybody! I have a question about pitch correction. When I'm mixing I'm careful about pitching the low instruments and the...

Yohan73
replies: 1 views: 415
CJ Mastering 17 hours ago

I recently got a MOTU M4, great interface. I got this specific interface so I could dedicate inputs 1 and 2 to my mics, and...

foul_owl
replies: 0 views: 425
foul_owl 19 hours ago

Hey all! I'm new to gearslutz and i'm not sure that i'm even in the right thread...Hopefully i am but basically i've been having...

JamesLyford
replies: 1 views: 228
CJ Mastering 20 hours ago

I make low-key instrumental music that veers between post-rock, minimal guitarists (Roy Montgomery, Loren Connors, etc) and warm...

deern
replies: 11 views: 494
Progger 21 hours ago

In the past I've used Logic's native Adaptive Limiter plugin. I created a Gain stage before it, drove in some gain, and then used...

deern
replies: 18 views: 438
eternalsound 21 hours ago

Hi guys. I've been using an SM-57 directly in front of the single speaker on a Deluxe Reverb with good results. Last week,...

Krauthammer
replies: 4 views: 260
CJ Mastering 21 hours ago

I need a Slut! I’ve posted a picture to aid. I have a mic (SM7B) going into a interface/preamp (Behringer ADA8200 8...

Dylanlockstar
replies: 0 views: 443
Dylanlockstar 21 hours ago

Considering you can analyze EQ these days via software, what's the advantage of hardware spectrum analyzers? I tried out a...

DarrenD
replies: 1 views: 185
CJ Mastering 22 hours ago

So, this probably has an obvious answer, but it has bothered me for a long time and I haven't found a succinct answer through...

Clbraddock
replies: 3 views: 236
CJ Mastering 22 hours ago

Hey All, I am trying to set up 6 mics that all go into a PC for a Twitch live-stream. I have not purchased equipment yet...

ziggyatticus
replies: 3 views: 357
Bushman 23 hours ago

So for the people that want to know how to get that bachata guitar sound i will tell you what you need this is the authentic...

StudioStive
replies: 6 views: 279
StudioStive 1 day ago

Hello! So I believe Gain Staging is 100% key to a good recording and i’m using a U87 into a 1073 into a WA76 then into a WA2A....

ForeignFaraz
replies: 25 views: 570
Karloff70 1 day ago

Hello, Im starting to put together a podcast/You tube set up. i currently have a symetrix 528E and dynamic Mic (EV RE 20 and...

patriot
replies: 34 views: 582
dwpthe3rd 1 day ago

Is it critical or necessary to link compressor channels? I have read other threads, specifically about the drawmer 1968-69 on...

Mixxed Up
replies: 17 views: 12,479
Wayne 1 day ago

I would like to know what people recommend for ways of miking up an acoustic guitar. Is one or 2 mics preferred amongst you...

bgardner
replies: 14 views: 1,182
unitymusic 1 day ago

So I have delved into mixing recently pretty heavily, and have been working hours daily, sometimes aimlessly, but still...

arlingtonmusic
replies: 0 views: 412
arlingtonmusic 1 day ago

Hi, My current setup is: Microphone: Neumann TLM 103 Audio Interface: Scarlett Focusrite 2i2 Cable: Mogami XLR Gold...

KeybladeAli
replies: 6 views: 264
RKeefe1032 2 days ago

Hi I am trying to reach the following setup using my current gear. I don't want to buy extra mics/recorders: - I want to use...

danderian
replies: 2 views: 163
danderian 2 days ago

Currently spending hours daily mixing but I am at a bump in the road. My vocals contain a mudiness that I just can't seem to...

arlingtonmusic
replies: 3 views: 295
RKeefe1032 2 days ago

So...I went from a 1st Gen Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 to an RME Fireface UFX II. Big jump, I know. Now here's the thing – I...

MisterCrayle
replies: 16 views: 463
RKeefe1032 2 days ago

Hello guys, I bought Boss RC505 loopstation for my home studio but when i connected my speakers to the output (as written in...

DaFinn
replies: 0 views: 389
DaFinn 2 days ago

Just recorded this song, would love some feedback on the mix, effects, etc. Just my small bedroom studio with Logic Pro, too...

Jaded_musician
replies: 14 views: 409
Jaded_musician 2 days ago

Please guys if you have a minute, I need advice here... Completely at a loss and becoming frustrated Currently working on a...

btjking7
replies: 9 views: 482
joeq 2 days ago

Trouble shooting I’m wanting to get a tlm 102 and pair it with an focusrite ISA one. I’m fairly new to this. I want to get...

Woozy7182
replies: 2 views: 210
Piedpiper 2 days ago

i have my shure sm7b plugged into my cloudlifter which then plugs into my scarlett solo, the gain is around 10 o clock but i have...

iceydawg
replies: 12 views: 324
iceydawg 2 days ago

When I finish a mix, I make sure the loudest sections don't surpass about -6dB to allow myself decenter overhead during...

deern
replies: 3 views: 197
mattiasnyc 2 days ago

Help. I bought an Art Pro Channel tube mic preamp or channel strip. I need to connect it to my M-Audio M-Track Plus for...

Shady G
replies: 2 views: 492
gjdagis 2 days ago

Hi guys, I have to record some acoustic guitar and some vocals (16 bits) with a condenser microphone on a small mixer and I am...

Plasticine
replies: 40 views: 4,692
shortyboyboy 3 days ago

Complete newbie question here. Was just wondering if each of these had pros and cons on a audio interface: USB 2.0 bus...

Just Started
replies: 16 views: 18,504
wrgkmc 3 days ago

I have an idea. I want to build a 3D recording studio simulator. I would start with just one Shure SM57 and use it for...

Daunt
replies: 2 views: 179
Daunt 3 days ago

Hey there! I'm writing my thesis paper for my bachelor's degree in audio engineering, but I'm finding a really hard time...

MrMeow
replies: 2 views: 159
wrgkmc 3 days ago

I just spend a couple of weeks making my first sample pack. It was made by recording sounds out of a Behringer Neutron. Now my...

Ikke
replies: 3 views: 194
Jack101 3 days ago

Hi there, I recently bought the Rode nt1-a mic, but when I connect it to my audio interface, it only seems to pick up very low...

Imke
replies: 19 views: 424
Imke 3 days ago

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me. When I start a new track focused on drums. I start with samples, eqing and...

xXGreenXx90
replies: 7 views: 390
xXGreenXx90 3 days ago

Hi everyone I want to buy neve eq 5033 I use Twin Apollo Is it possible to connect eq Apollo and mix and how ? Can I...

Jaco13
replies: 9 views: 375
psycho_monkey 3 days ago

I'm working on setting up a mix template in Pro Tools that includes fair amount of parallel processing signal paths. Can someone...

guittarzzan
replies: 0 views: 170
guittarzzan 3 days ago

Guys! Please help me to find a similar ARP synth sound, track is added below Maybe its just a ARP2600 or Sylenth or Serum...

manoftool
replies: 1 views: 211
bitleyTM 3 days ago

So just another bit of advice. I am selling a watch of mine that I dont really wear and thought I'd spend it on my music setup as...

serious steve
replies: 9 views: 360
serious steve 3 days ago

One of my microphones is making weird noises. The recording is audio from the first mic and then swapping to the second mic where...

IGotWorms
replies: 0 views: 195
IGotWorms 3 days ago

Hi all. New member after some lurking. Should be a basic question, hopefully I chose the correct forum. I am a member of a...

Pjr587
replies: 18 views: 818
FreshProduce 3 days ago

Hi all, I wonder how you control you volume in the studio. I have noticed I change the volume a lot when mixing and mastering....

Volt9
replies: 10 views: 315
Volt9 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search