The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 152 views: 128,530
mattiasnyc 8th September 2018

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 110 views: 60,297
mikeg.lazer 9th August 2018

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 135 views: 70,937
mikeg.lazer 8th August 2018

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 71,186
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 34,581
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 35,370
Jules 1st February 2011

I've been trying to record on Logic Pro x for so long to no avail. I've tried multiple things that people have suggested and...

producer679
replies: 13 views: 350
BIG BUDDHA 1 hour ago

Hey all, Newbie here with a question I've been curious for answers for lately! I have a rather modest home recording setup...

Flight_of_Icarus
replies: 14 views: 464
Bushman 1 hour ago

I'm curious to know if people are getting great results without tons of plugins. Basically, can you create a nice recording and...

tobinharris
replies: 17 views: 436
hello people 2 hours ago

Hi guys, Long time viewer for answers, never signed up and posted before, for one because I didn't begin to know enough to...

begals
replies: 8 views: 357
begals 3 hours ago

Hello folks, I need some expertise advice! My bass recordings are just dull & lifeless. Zero harmonics, no resonance,...

MisterCrayle
replies: 2 views: 111
pief 3 hours ago

So basically I’ve always just recorded raw hip hop vocals with no compression and compressed my vocals using plugins after in...

Santw_96
replies: 30 views: 881
Led 4 hours ago

I have been using a mackie profx8 mixer to run my internet radio station for about 6 months now. All of a sudden if I touch the...

Rcwarren
replies: 0 views: 103
Rcwarren 11 hours ago

Hi! Im trying to create a ratchet effect.. without modular synths. Like the sounds you can hear starting at 0:50 in this...

sdhdavid
replies: 4 views: 269
open_source 16 hours ago

Hi All, I am after getting a USB mixer that is able to allow me to choose which sources to just monitor, and which to send...

Sasquatch91
replies: 3 views: 235
Poinzy 18 hours ago

Hi there I am quite new to the world of synths thus I decided to start my quest by purchasing a volca keys and beats. To...

aigovoskos
replies: 6 views: 266
aigovoskos 20 hours ago

I'm a musician, music and music production teacher and newbie mixing professional (started 1 year ago, 7 or 8 tracks for close...

Nyroh
replies: 29 views: 795
Waltz Mastering 20 hours ago

I need up to date advice about the subject. I'm thinking about getting one or the other. I'm on a budget but I want the...

cuhluh
replies: 23 views: 4,113
ianblack8 21 hours ago

How do you guys approach recording a guitar using fuzz (mic>pre>DAW) thru a guitar amp. Any significant difference from...

Farabut
replies: 5 views: 323
Farabut 21 hours ago

I know about industry std fx but what are the holy grails either rack or pedal please tks

ianm2
replies: 9 views: 527
johannburkard 23 hours ago

Hello,guys First of all i want to say that i am at beginner level so sorry for the stupid questions. So,i will buy pair of...

ApO.
replies: 11 views: 299
ApO. 23 hours ago

I've been hearing about Garageband forever and one thing that keeps bothering me about it is how some people supposedly create...

SlugPass
replies: 19 views: 544
dft3670 1 day ago

Adrian Younge seems to do everything in the analog domain. How does he do his arranging / sequencing? I've read some interviews...

Tracs
replies: 1 views: 574
Infamous 1 day ago

Hello all, Does anyone know if there is a way for multiple analog synths to follow one envelope? I have heard the term...

rdavila
replies: 2 views: 197
open_source 1 day ago

Hi. This is my situation. I have to use headphones a lot to avoid annoying my wife while practicing on the guitar. I currently...

RaymondSte
replies: 13 views: 286
RaymondSte 1 day ago

Ive breifly searched this board and while im sure my questions may have been answered, there are terms and abbreviations that...

talamobeatz
replies: 5 views: 227
talamobeatz 2 days ago

The auto sleep mode causes youtube to not work and other stuff. It will only be activated whenever I play something above 50 dB,...

Harleyard
replies: 8 views: 4,677
kuLLe 2 days ago

Hey everyone, I'm an independent recording artist with no previous experience in mastering. Due to budget constraints (i.e., I'm...

3rdlane
replies: 4 views: 359
3rdlane 2 days ago

Hello. When I unpatch from my patchbay should I remove the outputs or inputs first? When I pull the cables out the meters...

coolname6
replies: 3 views: 260
coolname6 2 days ago

Hello I'm new to recording and wanted to know how to record my amp(s) using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 to my *Marshall JVM410H...

Backfortheattack
replies: 4 views: 236
Backfortheattack 2 days ago

Hello, I recently started getting into making beats and drum tracks. When I play my Roland TR8 through headphones it sounds...

Mrock91
replies: 1 views: 350
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

I have a shure sm7b which is connected to my focusrite 2i2, which is connected to my IMac, my DBx286s is also connected to my...

producer679
replies: 2 views: 232
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

hi there..i am having a few hed fuks with a new home studio... i have a behringer xenyx 1002B mixer with a sampler a vocal box a...

kooly
replies: 11 views: 463
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

rSaC-YbSDpo does anyone know what this sound (the first piano note) is that occurs in many 80's recordings? It sounds to me...

Dkelloway
replies: 1 views: 222
jammiedodger666 2 days ago

Hi im having problems with making reamp sound good on a metal track hi gain sound. I'm finding amps sound better with guitar...

beatsfromthesun
replies: 4 views: 236
Monk u 3 days ago

Hey everyone, So I'm at wit's end trying to figure out what's wrong with my Push/Ableton/analog synth, and tech support is not...

lionhe4d
replies: 1 views: 189
lionhe4d 3 days ago

hello. i am trying to record drums and guitar together live however i am short of understanding how to assign each instrument to...

haunted3
replies: 4 views: 260
joeq 3 days ago

hello there i have been wondering what exactly happens to the audio signal when your headphones are plugged half way or 1/3 of...

cftwo
replies: 1 views: 206
FreshProduce 3 days ago

Hello everyone... I seek advice on the following. Since I recently bought my first audiocard with digital input (RME UCX) I now...

akoasma
replies: 0 views: 205
akoasma 3 days ago

Hi all, So, i'm still very much in the stage of just messing around with synths and trying to make something sound decent,...

Plum Age
replies: 5 views: 261
Plum Age 3 days ago

hello guys I produce music on a daily basis for the last 10 years, and I've always had an issue with every single midi...

telmoserrano
replies: 18 views: 963
butter 3 days ago

hi everybody i borrowed the yamaha rx-v2200 from a good friend of mine, for an event i hosted at my studio. it worked fine...

volcaniadread
replies: 0 views: 178
volcaniadread 3 days ago

I'm getting married next month, and I'm trying to sort out sound for the ceremony. I've dabbled in song writing, and have some...

ambrishnat
replies: 2 views: 254
piper 3 days ago

I''ve got a interesting question for anybody with some experience from a total neophyte. I've got 1 completed and bounced...

azbryanw
replies: 2 views: 230
BT64 4 days ago

Hey guys, I've just acquired my first tape machine. It's an 8 track, 1/2" machine in excellent shape. The learning curve of...

lucasanything
replies: 34 views: 693
ardis 4 days ago

So I've just tested out the TF1 console at an event I'm at and set it up to record. I've just listened back to the audio and it...

YourBoyTonyCream
replies: 0 views: 209
YourBoyTonyCream 4 days ago

I recently recorded vocals on a song clocked at 44.1 but was supposed to be at 48k. In the studio, while recording the vocals,...

danpremo
replies: 11 views: 7,650
Leisure 4 days ago

Getting my first dedicated DAW PC built. Build details attached (note $AUD) for comment. At this point looking at Cubase with a...

enuenu
replies: 34 views: 735
mattiasnyc 4 days ago

Come Back To Me Mix 4 by Taylor Harper | Free Listening on SoundCloud Thanks in advance!

Wayfasttippytoes
replies: 0 views: 222
Wayfasttippytoes 4 days ago

Hi I'm currently thinking about which mic preamp I should use. Xenyx ones on my mixer, or Midas on my Interface? I am aiming...

Arpotron
replies: 4 views: 300
Poinzy 4 days ago

Hi, I've had this question for a while and has my journey grows I think about the future and how to expand therefor hope this...

ConfusedWave
replies: 5 views: 309
piper 4 days ago

I've scoured the forums here and have seen mixed opinions on the MXL 991. At some point, a long time ago, I used these...

rackster
replies: 1 views: 254
rackster 4 days ago

Hey there everybody! I'm just in the process of building my small, cheap home studio. 4 Month ago I bought a nice little audio...

Arpotron
replies: 5 views: 336
Arpotron 4 days ago

It says there are no stupid questions. I bet this question will lead to that statement saying, "There are no stupid...

drymetal
replies: 6 views: 868
BT64 4 days ago

I posted this in the gear forum and no responses for a few days, but I know someone around here can identify what sort of mics...

Luster22
replies: 0 views: 227
Luster22 5 days ago

I have a Saffire Pro 40, which is advertised to have 48v phantom power in 2 banks (Channels 1-4 & 5-8). I got curious after...

philpag
replies: 9 views: 1,193
M.Retra 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search