The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Newbie audio engineering + production question zone

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 131 views: 65,459
Fret 1 week ago

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 108 views: 55,610
RobDrmz 4 weeks ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 148 views: 120,884
mattiasnyc 27th January 2018

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 66,996
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 32,942
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 33,340
Jules 1st February 2011

I was buying me a new laptop now and now I want to start working as a producer and audio enginner for mixing and mastering. So I...

Wahnsinn
replies: 23 views: 12,893
Nocturner 12 minutes ago

Obviously many factors can come into play, just have been toying w/this and wondering about other's approaches etc...

bill5
replies: 18 views: 375
norfolk martin 40 minutes ago

Yo, how are you doing? I just noticed while working in Audition that the sample rate setting of the built in speakers of my...

Hip Hop Head
replies: 4 views: 131
Hip Hop Head 1 hour ago

Can someone tell me how it is possible to get nice stereo image with vocals and acoustic guitar when a guitar is recorded mono....

Blue Light
replies: 26 views: 678
Pangolin 4 hours ago

Hey guys, This post relates to mixing as well as mastering. I'm working on rock music with double tracked guitars, a bass,...

Maxkiel
replies: 2 views: 248
Brent Hahn 5 hours ago

Hi everyone! Would like to have a piece of advise. I'm new to sound recording so sorry if you find the questinons stupid. So...

Mr_Racc00n
replies: 4 views: 328
psycho_monkey 6 hours ago

At 2:12, the chorus is sung with harmony. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUhB1O8Le0Q The way I'm hearing it (please...

rectifiedMind
replies: 5 views: 378
Arksun 8 hours ago

Hi all, I have a Motu UltraLite audio interface connected to my PC and connected to it, I have an SuperNova Synth. I also have a...

damianeasy
replies: 5 views: 309
krushing 9 hours ago

Hey all, NaGuul here, Mixing tracks seems to be a broad topic, with a lot of feeling involved, but I'm pretty sure that there...

NaGuul
replies: 5 views: 399
NaGuul 11 hours ago

First off, I do apologize if I've posted in the wrong place. I am having major issues with my Audio Interface, a Steinberg...

sgtspell
replies: 12 views: 801
Bushman 13 hours ago

Hi all, I am new to this forum . I recently produced a track and I am trying my hand at mixing, mostly using tips from here...

Sricharank
replies: 2 views: 242
Sricharank 15 hours ago

I'm messing around with some acoustic ray tracing software (link) to figure out where to best place my second reflection panels...

KhaosSignal
replies: 9 views: 347
Bushman 18 hours ago

I recently inherited a home theater sub-woofer that is armed with ONLY an LFE input. Is there a best way (if any way at all) to...

curryest_george
replies: 2 views: 161
mattiasnyc 19 hours ago

I was hoping someone could help me analyze the vocals here. What if effects if any are used? It sounds to me like he...

rectifiedMind
replies: 2 views: 233
rectifiedMind 23 hours ago

Been reading a lot on these forums but not really able to get a clear idea of what would be a suitable gear combination for me to...

beni_biba
replies: 7 views: 339
beni_biba 1 day ago

Hello, as a DAW-less Beatmaker (used Samplers to record my other Hardware) that wants to use a DAW now for multitrack...

Visor
replies: 2 views: 223
mattiasnyc 1 day ago

Which headphones are the best for both recording vocals and mixing music (mostly rap and electronic music) under 100$? I made...

michal12345
replies: 52 views: 1,716
michal12345 1 day ago

I need an advice about recording bass DI. Do I compress the signal way in. I'm using a Heritage Audio 73 jr and I have The...

MpaMusik
replies: 2 views: 218
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hi guys, I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4(1st gen) for years now but rarely used because well, I procrastinate (at that time I...

Kazeki
replies: 0 views: 239
Kazeki 1 day ago

Good afternoon, I would like some advice on what would be the best recording methods with the equipment I have. Currently I...

Discosticks45
replies: 8 views: 276
Discosticks45 1 day ago

Hi i got two questions about my setup, but before that let me list my gear. I got an MASCHINE MK3, XOXBOX and MULTITRACK...

Vitalised
replies: 0 views: 269
Vitalised 1 day ago

Thank you for helping me sort this mess. I am a noob to this so please forgive me if my post is redundant, but i could not...

CheefC
replies: 4 views: 298
CheefC 1 day ago

Hello everyone, I produce (well trying at least) electronic dance music and now that I have approached a mixing stage, I have...

delayed_flight
replies: 6 views: 268
delayed_flight 1 day ago

Hi all; I’m struggling with what I perceive to be phase issues and how that relates to the stereo image. I’ve...

axemanchris
replies: 3 views: 357
axemanchris 2 days ago
replies: 0 views: 194
Kithairon 2 days ago

What are the top 5-10 most popular, most technologically advanced, best sounding VST instruments for 2013?

anhnn123
replies: 4 views: 392
cavern 2 days ago

What kind of mic for $400 or less would get me super crispy hip hop vocals? Im looking at the SHure sm7b but my instructor said...

TezMalone
replies: 2 views: 314
biggmuff 2 days ago

I have a digi 002 and an apogee symphony. I want to bypass the the pres and converter of the digi. Using ptle. 2009 mac pro. ...

coolname6
replies: 2 views: 248
Lenzo 2 days ago

Hi everyone. I'm thinking of getting an SSL Matrix2 console along with an Antelope Orion32 HD interface. Can anyone explain to me...

ronthemixslut
replies: 1 views: 261
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

I have 2 stereo synths and a single stereo preamp. I only record the synths one at a time. Is there a way that I can plug them...

Prockamaniac
replies: 2 views: 294
bowzin 2 days ago

Hello everyone! I am a bass vocalist and right now I'm trying to improve my recordings! I curently have two microphones (...

morosh
replies: 20 views: 551
rumleymusic 2 days ago

I have an MA6850 integrated amp. One of the (many) cool things about this piece of gear is that it allows you to record one thing...

dharmabumstead
replies: 0 views: 256
dharmabumstead 2 days ago

Hello everyone, I just finished my vocal booth, and I honestly love it.. PRANK! Mostly liking the look :heh: I started...

Sybille
replies: 45 views: 766
Manicearthling 2 days ago

Hi all, I'm sure I'll be lambasted for asking this, but I'm trying to figure out why I can't get an honest sound out of my mics...

StevieD009
replies: 224 views: 5,401
ardis 2 days ago

Hello friends, So I've been doing some A/B ing with my final masters within my DAW (reaper) with popular commercial releases,...

epjl2000
replies: 8 views: 402
Crash 2 days ago

Hi to all! I just received the vocal tracks of my new song from the engineer an they are 24 bit wav with peaks at -30 Db...

pb80
replies: 5 views: 446
wrgkmc 3 days ago

Hey guys....I'm fairly new to mixing and was wondering what your favorite plugin vocal chain was? I'm currently doing.... -...

thrice506
replies: 28 views: 4,575
hello people 3 days ago

Hello, I have several years of experience in mixing/mastering (LPX.4), and have successfully published tracks to Spotify,...

BradyOKeefe
replies: 1 views: 343
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

So i'm pretty much a total noob when it comes to audio, so I don't know how to make this work. I have two yamaha hs7 studio...

sammetje321
replies: 10 views: 6,398
paul.splinter 3 days ago

Hey there! I just got myself a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 and now it's time to get some monitors for it. I'm not sure what my best...

HcsDrm
replies: 4 views: 375
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Has anyone besides myself recognized just how bad FM Radio sounds in recent years? I know most stations have switched to...

wrgkmc
replies: 4 views: 316
boombapdame 3 days ago

I hope my question make sense, I am looking for a quality bigknob to use with several dac, is there some around with good...

alidav
replies: 3 views: 363
Inglesworth 3 days ago

Hi, I hear people say about hearing the music track and their voice as they sing into the microphone, I have no idea how to do...

coffeebean7
replies: 3 views: 358
coffeebean7 3 days ago

Hi there. I'm just curious what you think about upsampling for a DJ session. Most songs are 44.1 khz/16 bit (some I have at...

jfbro
replies: 4 views: 434
Inglesworth 3 days ago

Hello everybody. I’m actually a pro-user but Basic vs. Premium differences are a bit confusing and not well documented. I know...

hes_ko
replies: 19 views: 1,848
AlecAlfaras 3 days ago

Unless I am missing something I really don't get the combo jack. Sure it's useful in in the front of the interface for 1 or 2...

TriboroMusic
replies: 7 views: 361
Monotremata 3 days ago

I'm a bit of a noob in the recording world, and I just got a Beatstep Pro yesterday for Christmas. I've been trying to use its...

wymario
replies: 3 views: 992
zamakli 4 days ago

Hi everyone, this is a rhetorical question really, as I don't intend to ever run my monitors at maximum- its far too loud. What...

Konan
replies: 5 views: 505
zamakli 4 days ago

Hey. There are some really cool photos of expensive rack gear on GS where every unit has been installed in the rack one on top of...

9xSound
replies: 28 views: 2,178
nosebleedaudio 4 days ago

Whenever I record vocals and compress them I get multiple harsh whistles poking out at my. I go in with a narrow EQ and get them...

Killerkiwiattak
replies: 3 views: 378
Killerkiwiattak 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search