The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Newbie audio engineering + production question zone

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 110 views: 57,811
mikeg.lazer 5 days ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 135 views: 68,234
mikeg.lazer 6 days ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 151 views: 124,407
mattiasnyc 2 weeks ago

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 68,925
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 33,570
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 34,321
Jules 1st February 2011

I'm getting a lot more serious about building an actual dedicated studio space in my home. Having recorded in a very sub optimal...

impossomible
replies: 5 views: 51
mattiasnyc 2 minutes ago

Hi guys, I am voice actor and recently bought a new dynamic microphone. After using the mic for a few hours, it started...

The0
replies: 3 views: 65
The0 12 minutes ago

So if say, someone gets a 49 key synth and then a 61 key midi keyboard, will the additional keys be able to make the synth play...

MC Antizino
replies: 3 views: 129
MC Antizino 1 hour ago

Hey guys, I got a C414 XLII which is a great mic so far, but I've been using it into my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 :facepalm:, so I...

wesleyestudiobr
replies: 6 views: 228
wesleyestudiobr 1 hour ago

when was the last time you used a limiter on your master buss and what did you accomplish/ how did you do it?

BoomWomb
replies: 8 views: 447
BoomWomb 2 hours ago

I've been watching a lot of Weathervane videos because I think they're great, especially their Shaking Throughs series. But one...

franktree
replies: 8 views: 368
kriptik8 6 hours ago

Hi! Recently I have recorded a song and wanted to export it to 24 bit wave file. At first Windows Media Player couldn't play it...

AiXe
replies: 4 views: 275
AiXe 7 hours ago

Hi folks, Money is always an issue so I'd like to find a mixer that I can use both live for FOH mixing .. but could also...

Teines
replies: 1 views: 98
deedeeyeah 7 hours ago

I’m thinking of a Microkorg, however, I’m really skeptical... I need something versatile, that I can pump great, unique yet...

MC Antizino
replies: 2 views: 164
GeminIAm 7 hours ago

Hi all!... Maybe this is a silly question: I own a Yamaha V50 that has L/Mono - R outputs... What I would like to know...

Stewix
replies: 6 views: 486
Stewix 11 hours ago

hey guys, i'm new to the forum - been stalking here for years though :D I guess that there have been quite a few people...

Steppe733
replies: 6 views: 887
LifeWhyz 11 hours ago

In a quest to try to bring greater clarity to my mixes, I've been researching various EQ techniques and stumbled upon this...

tim727
replies: 5 views: 413
chazmar 11 hours ago

It said on the website it only worked on Mac, but I’ve seen people use it on a PC though... * sound editor, not audio...

MC Antizino
replies: 0 views: 116
MC Antizino 14 hours ago
replies: 4 views: 202
Jeff Hayat 16 hours ago

Hello I am after a bit of advice. Its been about 25 years since I did any recording and I have decided to get back into it....

usher72
replies: 5 views: 328
usher72 18 hours ago

So here is my issue. I have a super nice guitar and a nice amp but I don't have any pedals and I don't use pedals enough to buy a...

Jaked4ge
replies: 11 views: 362
joeq 19 hours ago

Just to get this out of the way, I am not in any way talking about "mixing controllers" that simply control the faders...

isaacmacias
replies: 29 views: 843
mikeg.lazer 20 hours ago

Hi everyone! Right I recently brought a Apollo Twin MKii Thunderbolt for Mac and since upgrading to the Apollo Twin my vocals...

LeeWest155
replies: 0 views: 146
LeeWest155 22 hours ago

Hey guys. I just finished creating the acapella for a song off of my EP. I was just wondering if any of you guys wouldn't mind...

dannydawiz
replies: 0 views: 146
dannydawiz 22 hours ago

Hi all, I'm sure I'll be lambasted for asking this, but I'm trying to figure out why I can't get an honest sound out of my mics...

StevieD009
replies: 244 views: 7,185
StevieD009 23 hours ago

Hi everyone, I think i need at least 4 extra dynamic mics (or maybee just 2) and preamps to suit in order to record a drum kit...

Subsonic1
replies: 48 views: 678
LLSentelle 23 hours ago

I'm sure there is a plethora of information about this topic although i'm hoping somebody more experienced can compile some...

danielk.uk
replies: 3 views: 212
gradivus 1 day ago

Hi guys, gonna try and keep this short and sweet. My go to/typical vocal chain (Which works well for me most of the time) Is...

DenversWorld
replies: 27 views: 811
jammiedodger666 1 day ago

As title says, my KORG SP-250 makes a consistent buzzing noise (Video below) when turned on. The sound will disappear if I plug...

mightymykle
replies: 5 views: 274
MarkF48 1 day ago

What I'm looking for: 88 keys, would settle for 76, might consider 61 semi-weighted pitch/mod controls (probably states the...

bill5
replies: 1 views: 275
dethbyoogabooga 1 day ago

Hey All - My setup used to be Apollo Duo > DBox > PT but I have recently purchased an SSL Buss comp and after A/Bing...

NeedMoreGear
replies: 3 views: 2,079
RiF 1 day ago

I wanted to know this because some things (like rhythm kings), sound so good with effects, but I want to use effects on it...

MC Antizino
replies: 1 views: 272
dethbyoogabooga 1 day ago

I am trying to understand the elements of a mix and also had some producing questions so I know how to mix it no matter what is...

LAMBEAU
replies: 1 views: 273
Ninecows 1 day ago
replies: 4 views: 231
MC Antizino 1 day ago

Hi! I think it's my first time writing here and I had some questions about outboard gear especially EQ/Compressor. I'am a little...

Albastudio
replies: 4 views: 268
Albastudio 1 day ago

Hey guys, Ive been working a song and im trying to write a melody for the bridge. I recorded the bridge vocals with bass and pads...

ErebusdeReis
replies: 0 views: 206
ErebusdeReis 1 day ago

Hi Guys, I am going to acquire a dbx 160a compressor and I am not sure about the cables I need to use to connect it to my...

lagwagon06
replies: 0 views: 186
lagwagon06 1 day ago

I always marvel at how great these pro guys can make acoustic guitars sound. I was listening to a couple songs by the Isley...

Jeffguitar
replies: 2 views: 286
Owen L T 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
brodieskiddlz 1 day ago

I record a fingerstyle acoustic guitarist and I have tried and tried to produce a recording that I'm happy with, yet they always...

FinsMagic
replies: 0 views: 204
FinsMagic 1 day ago

It sure where I was supposed to post a question like this but here it goes. In my house I have two rooms for studio use with...

XenosStudios
replies: 3 views: 298
joeq 1 day ago

I have a 24 bit audio interface (which would be 144DB dynamic range), and I want to run my Mics through a preamp then to the...

JeremyAb
replies: 16 views: 536
nosebleedaudio 2 days ago

The noise here isn't terrible, but I feel like my levels relative to the hiss are worse than what I've heard in other peoples...

NoobNova
replies: 5 views: 301
NoobNova 2 days ago

Hello all- First-time poster, long-time reader. I am not 100% newbie, but I have gotten much more deeply back into home...

LC Tofu
replies: 2 views: 269
LC Tofu 2 days ago

A vst compressor turns little numbers on and off via a chip(processor?) and someones programed math equation? Is this correct?...

YourBestFriend
replies: 4 views: 326
Etch-A-Sketch 2 days ago

Hi all. I recorded my solo acoustic guitar album in Reaper, 9600. (96kHz/24 bit to be clear.) I want to make downloadable mp3...

onemansguitar
replies: 9 views: 358
SmoothTone 2 days ago

Hey guys so I've been recording a singer for my EP and I'm noticing that once the vocals are input into heavy compression I'm...

dannydawiz
replies: 4 views: 331
Jeff Hayat 2 days ago

Just listened to MxPx's new song "Let's Ride" for reference to a client who just finished recording and wanted me to...

yarniwre
replies: 0 views: 252
yarniwre 2 days ago

If limited to only 8 (mono) tracks, how would you assign the following, which has up to 11 channels: 3-4 vocals 2 acoustic...

kimsh74
replies: 8 views: 344
kimsh74 2 days ago

Good evening everyone, I have a recurrent problem when I record myself singing. I'm always around 0.5 semitone under the correct...

judelaw
replies: 17 views: 490
StoneyBCN 2 days ago

Hoping to get some opinions on this question regarding settings for preamps and converters? Here is 2 scenarios, whichever you...

RToolz
replies: 9 views: 444
joeq 2 days ago

One purchased and downloaded from a service, such as Amazon? Or, one ripped, at 256kb or higher bitrate from ones own CD...

The_Phoenix_2018
replies: 13 views: 427
The_Phoenix_2018 2 days ago

Hoping to get some really wise, foresighted, info, out of this question. I make EMD, rap and hiphop.... I want to really...

Camplo
replies: 3 views: 334
StoneyBCN 2 days ago

Working on a metal track. The guitar performance is good overall (good tone, timing, etc.) but I’d like to make them lock to...

Metal123
replies: 8 views: 445
AnalogOverdose 2 days ago

T7 DAW | Free digital audio workstation band editing software - Tracktion Tracktion 7 is now 100% free (I just received the...

vitocorleone123
replies: 0 views: 244
vitocorleone123 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search