The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 142 views: 90,193
bill5 3 weeks ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 152 views: 106,103
puremix.net 10th January 2020

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 172 views: 173,609
Tascam238 9th September 2019

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 93,514
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 41,709
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 45,723
Jules 1st February 2011

I've done a few searches and found a couple of things, but I'm hoping someone here can make a few suggestions. I am sick of my...

1812Music
replies: 11 views: 454
1812Music 34 minutes ago

Hey everyone. Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here it goes. I want to learn more about rack gear &...

nicholasr325
replies: 1 views: 150
BT64 1 hour ago

I have a Casio Privia PX 150 and it has two TRS Phones inserts on the back and I would like to use these to record the pianos...

camomiletea
replies: 1 views: 102
BT64 1 hour ago

Why does hardware/analog sound like 3D and plugins/digital like 2D?

erike123
replies: 237 views: 8,331
psycho_monkey 3 hours ago

Hi Guys, new to this forum, would love some help. I’ve been tracking drums for a variety of needs from my home for over 10...

MOTINA3
replies: 3 views: 623
MOTINA3 13 hours ago

My songs are all MIDI tracks and I use an EQ and maxim limiter on my master fader to apply some compression and maximize the...

ozzlvlosis
replies: 8 views: 378
joeq 14 hours ago

Hi guys! Could you recommend me a budget mic good for bass cab? I already have an AKG D112 for the kickdrum but I'd like to buy a...

oZZma
replies: 2 views: 245
oZZma 14 hours ago

I was just wondering if the actual body (apart from handling) of a Microphone affect the sound in anyway? Say if it were to take...

COLINROBOT
replies: 3 views: 599
joeq 14 hours ago

So here’s my problem. I have an AT2020 microphone running through a Scarlett solo usb 3rd gen..I don’t know if it’s the...

Heirjordyn21
replies: 6 views: 480
joeq 15 hours ago

Hello, I have three Furman Power 'Conditioners'. Two IT Ref 20i's and one 2400-IT, all output balanced power. I installed these...

noob2019
replies: 1 views: 281
noob2019 18 hours ago

Hi Everyone. I am new to this site so I hope this is the correct thing to do. I have a second hand Fostex 280 which I go a...

GL31
replies: 3 views: 474
Mik_EB 21 hours ago

anyone know how to remake this stab/pluck synth from 0.20? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcmK5zVoz4Q

Taragana
replies: 1 views: 531
Taragana 22 hours ago

Or did the average tracking level hover around that area with peaks going over? Also, in todays 24bit recording world would your...

camomiletea
replies: 37 views: 1,797
BIG BUDDHA 1 day ago

I’m using my Shure Sm7b which is connected to my focusrite 2i2, which is connected to my dbx 286s, to give the Shure Sm7b more...

producer679
replies: 6 views: 703
producer679 1 day ago

Patience, patience! Clicking the 'Submit' button several times will not cause the your post to upload any faster. Please click...

[email protected]
replies: 17 views: 2,067
paulbusc 1 day ago

Hi, I'm running Ableton Live 10 Suite and need some help and advice setting up my rig. If anyone can talk me through it i'd be...

edpops
replies: 4 views: 484
TheBigLongy 1 day ago

Hello! I have a Universal Audio interface, Arrow, with two mic inputs on it. I wanted to extend it to record my horn with at...

Thomaswar
replies: 8 views: 368
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

What kinds of things are going on behind the scenes when reverb processors take a mono input and outputs nice wide stereo...

Cesarnsanchez
replies: 7 views: 405
mattiasnyc 1 day ago

Hello, Im starting to put together a podcast/You tube set up. i currently have a symetrix 528E and dynamic Mic (EV RE 20 and...

patriot
replies: 42 views: 1,087
patriot 1 day ago

I’m trying to figure out how to reamp with a boss br 1600, the recorder’s outs are mentioned but I’m confused because the...

Firecat
replies: 4 views: 346
Firecat 1 day ago

This is not an entire newby question, but I did not find another forum that said something like "Recording Techniques"....

herrturtur
replies: 5 views: 487
herrturtur 2 days ago

Is it critical or necessary to link compressor channels? I have read other threads, specifically about the drawmer 1968-69 on...

Mixxed Up
replies: 19 views: 12,825
JSchlomo 2 days ago

Hey, I’m running Sonarworks Reference 4 System wide as my out put in Protools and have the inputs mapped to my Focusrite...

SonicSituation
replies: 1 views: 224
Korcraft 2 days ago

Hello! Quick question. If I wanted to for ease of use hook a snake up to my mixing console, this using its preamp, but then...

Vutall
replies: 1 views: 250
Korcraft 2 days ago

Hey all, I have an old Rhode NT-2 that I dropped and it stopped working completely (no sound comes through at all). I took...

jonpaulr123
replies: 1 views: 476
Korcraft 2 days ago

Hey all, I've been trying to format/initialize the CF card (as well as the SD card I have plugged into a CF adapter) for my...

MrMerrySpencer
replies: 0 views: 489
MrMerrySpencer 2 days ago

Would there be any issues with connecting a CloudLifter CL-1 to a mixer and an interface simultaneously with an XLR splitter? I'm...

Tacanacy
replies: 4 views: 295
MarkF48 2 days ago

Hi there, Which microphone types would you use to record this trad instrument called "tammorra" or...

RandomPerson
replies: 2 views: 423
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

Hi, I'm putting together a small table top rig consisting of Ableton Live sequencing 2 x small hardware synths, an Electribe...

edpops
replies: 1 views: 357
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

Hi, I have built a pair of onmi top 12" PA Speakers and i must say they sound very bad right now. I have a 32 band DBX EQ...

Sammysatic
replies: 5 views: 1,180
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

Hi there, I remember being really impressed when the Beatles mono box set came out a few years ago. At the time my old band...

SuperElectric
replies: 23 views: 1,351
SuperElectric 2 days ago

Ok guys just wondering if I have a mix I am happy with but the main output in logic x clips say 1.6 into red can I brick wall it?...

Bambra
replies: 17 views: 1,047
Wayne 3 days ago

New member and wanted to ask the experts! I'm looking to enhance the voice as best as I can, in home while singing karaoke, with...

Abstracted
replies: 12 views: 615
skillz335 3 days ago

I´m recording a female alt voice with golden age R1 Tube active ribbon mic connected to RME Babyface I´m having problem...

Green78
replies: 22 views: 852
Bushman 3 days ago

Hello, I am looking for suggestions for IEM systems. Our band has a touchmix 16 that has 6 aux outs, and we want to use those to...

kurama3114
replies: 0 views: 408
kurama3114 3 days ago

Hi Members, I have a silly sort of question but I'm genuinely curious. Why aren't pop filters or windscreens used very often...

Cameron Hamill
replies: 10 views: 705
Brent Hahn 3 days ago

FYI, I only have two outputs on my interface (Apogee Element 24). Does anyone have any recommendations for someone who is...

melodic dreamer
replies: 14 views: 624
melodic dreamer 4 days ago

Hello and I am new here,I would like to ask if I can record directly from my amp if I buy the Audient and also what would the...

James_lynn
replies: 2 views: 547
James_lynn 4 days ago

I am interested in listening to music only. Up to now I had decent headphones (AKG-K701) connected to a good DAC/AMP (ODAC/O2),...

consumerslut42
replies: 4 views: 499
jammiedodger666 4 days ago

Hi everyone! I'm new to audio engineering & production, so I'm still learning. So I apologize if this is a dumb question...

SeanChristopher
replies: 2 views: 424
SeanChristopher 5 days ago

Hey there guys, Do you still remember the first time you opened up your DAW to make your first "song"? ;) I do and...

Moritz_
replies: 4 views: 351
Moritz_ 5 days ago

I'm looking for a patch cable hub/splitter with the ability to sever a connection without manually removing the cable. Sure I can...

IfYouSeeKade
replies: 3 views: 481
IfYouSeeKade 5 days ago

Hello, I use a UA Arrow and I'm wondering if it's a good idea to compress the vocals in the way in to avoid clipping? If yes...

u929
replies: 2 views: 729
Korcraft 5 days ago

When I finish a mix, I make sure the loudest sections don't surpass about -6dB to allow myself decenter overhead during...

deern
replies: 7 views: 484
wrgkmc 5 days ago

When I start making a new track I always make the drop first.But as soon as I'm done with the drop,I struggle with the intro of...

MSF
replies: 4 views: 409
Ninecows 5 days ago

The Emphasis knob on the legendary LA-2A compressor/limiter is something you don’t hear discussed too often. However, it can...

puremix.net
replies: 0 views: 293
puremix.net 5 days ago

Hi, I have been producing for about 10 years now and have had a few releases here and there back when I was making disco...

jak1211
replies: 0 views: 334
jak1211 6 days ago

In another thread someone mentioned the Arturia 8pre line being risky, as they are new to the market and the risk of it becoming...

MINDRXN
replies: 5 views: 390
Korcraft 6 days ago

Hey. I have a Yamaha DD-65 and M Audio Fast Track Usb II Sound Card. How can i connect the dd-65 to my pc and get sound...

Acillatem
replies: 7 views: 3,121
weave 6 days ago

I read repeatedly the problem that exists when trying to record with two microphones at the same time and the phase issues that...

Murrfk
replies: 71 views: 2,443
Korcraft 6 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search