The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 152 views: 124,456
HSi 1 day ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 181 views: 195,844
nosebleedaudio 22nd May 2020

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 146 views: 106,095
aljoy13 8th April 2020

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 102,637
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 44,728
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 50,327
Jules 1st February 2011

Hello all, I’ve been using the R16 for a few months to record synths and guitars but am now looking to record some vocals...

LeSkiv
replies: 0 views: 23
LeSkiv 26 minutes ago

Hello. I'm a video guy with a minor in audio, I have a relatively good setup but am just never quite clear on how audio signal...

JediRob
replies: 0 views: 44
BT64 2 hours ago

Hello everyone, I'm currently putting together a song on GarageBand. I'm getting the vocals by using the only microphonic...

VoleRotator
replies: 0 views: 43
VoleRotator 5 hours ago

Hi all! I'm pretty much a newbie and am currently trying to figure out the issue with my current set up with trying to record my...

hsingkan
replies: 2 views: 90
Xander 6 hours ago

Hello! I'm new here, so I'm a bit intimidated. Anyway, I do voiceover work, and I've been looking into upgrading from my yeti...

Harumei
replies: 2 views: 115
gearstudent 10 hours ago

Hey, I got the Motu Traveler MK1. Haven't used it for ages and decided to undust things recently. When I plug a guitar/bass...

_barnee
replies: 5 views: 159
_barnee 12 hours ago

Just thought this was a pretty good recap FWIW to those interested:...

bill5
replies: 0 views: 111
bill5 12 hours ago

Dear Everyone. I love writing piano'n'strings but am totally (insert cussword here!) at mixing it so really could do with all...

ulrichburke
replies: 2 views: 108
Cirrus 1 day ago

I want to send a microphone signal to 6-8 mixer inputs. Can anyone tell me what is the best way to do this?

kwaem
replies: 4 views: 134
kwaem 1 day ago

Hi, after reading some different things on gain staging lately I thought I am gonna ask a question. What is the right level to...

yentz
replies: 13 views: 1,020
CBricius 1 day ago

Hi i own a mixer behinger xenyx qx1002usb and im planning to get a condenser mic which i heard you only need phantom power and...

Leoleo1833
replies: 11 views: 229
Leoleo1833 1 day ago

I bought some cheap contact mics (I inserted 2 of these inside 2...

personanonymous
replies: 4 views: 170
joeq 1 day ago

Hello everybody! I am new in the forum and this is my first thread howdy I am filled with doubts so I wonder if some of you...

MartinCT
replies: 32 views: 819
MartinCT 1 day ago

I seem to have trouble fitting (rock) guitars and bass guitar together. There's a million tutorials on how to get kick and...

Matteusz
replies: 40 views: 405
Matteusz 1 day ago

Hello everyone! I am making a recording studio in my house for the first time. I want to be able to practice recording at any...

Korang
replies: 6 views: 302
gearstudent 1 day ago

First of all, this is my first post, so I'd like to say hi to everybody. For some time I've planned upgrading my signal chain...

raskol
replies: 4 views: 277
top dog 1 day ago

I am 21 years old. I used to listen to a lot of music really loudly growing up with my ipod earbuds. Stupid stupid stupid....

aspen1135
replies: 20 views: 6,321
tomwatson 1 day ago

Hi all, hoping for some advice if possible. Ok, I'm completely new to home recording, so hopefully this isn'ta daft...

hudson1984
replies: 4 views: 257
tomwatson 1 day ago

So I have a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen that I currently use with my LSR305s. Since I don't have the best treatment, I'm...

rawisthemotto
replies: 3 views: 172
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

can someone here post links to rca patch panels that are terminated in the rear with screw blocks as opposed to solder points. I...

audio6
replies: 0 views: 125
audio6 2 days ago

Would there be any potential issues sending a mix through outboard gear then blending that track with the original? And if not,...

konkon
replies: 25 views: 485
joeq 3 days ago

I've got a pair of Neumann KH 310s plugged into an Apogee Duet (2013 version), which is plugged into a MacBook Pro. I'm confused...

iwannalearnfacts
replies: 8 views: 214
mattiasnyc 3 days ago

Hello, I'd like to start on a discussion on a problem I've been experiencing a lot when sound designing. Does anyone have...

xXGreenXx90
replies: 5 views: 232
Mag J 3 days ago

What would be the biggest game-changer in the production phases? Recording, Producing, Arranging, editing, mixing or master? Also...

Dopie
replies: 7 views: 244
Mag J 3 days ago

This is probably a really stupid question, but I’m going to ask it anyway. So I was watching tutorials on mixing and I notice...

magik87
replies: 22 views: 1,895
Mag J 3 days ago

Hey all I've recently started using Nebula 3 pro and I'm getting some great results although as chaining instances of the...

karlamacintyre95
replies: 0 views: 112
karlamacintyre95 3 days ago

Hello everyone, I have recently purchased an RME UFX+ audio interface for a small home studio as an upgrade from a Presonus...

mrpiano
replies: 22 views: 465
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Hi guys, best way to clean an AKG D190 grille would be...? Take it off and put it in the dishwasher? Blast it with compressed...

HubyBlake
replies: 3 views: 146
kludgeaudio 3 days ago

Hey all, I'm considering upgrading my current Pioneer Sdj60x (6" driver) monitors with some Adam's, after researching them...

win666
replies: 1 views: 177
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

hey just wanted to see if anyone out there has a fine tuned baritone guitar plugin chain. i play a dan electro baritone and it...

angelsson
replies: 2 views: 148
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

You can watch 10 different youtube videos on one thing and every video will be a different way to do it. I understand thats how...

Nightmusic320
replies: 2 views: 216
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Hi all, hope you're doing well Noob question from a noob, I'm fairly new to audio production and I've been focusing alot on...

Archon1985
replies: 3 views: 244
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

So I'm currently obsessed with the drum sounds on "More Than This" by Roxy Music. I love how the kit sounds punchy,...

brixtonboyo
replies: 3 views: 622
LiamO 4 days ago

I'm trying to record my Yamaha Reface CP with a Zoom R8, but was struggling to get a decent sounding recording - the sound is...

dmsr
replies: 4 views: 172
Bushman 4 days ago

I am planning out my gear set up for the new (first) studio when it is built, I can go into more detail (and this might sound a...

Philbop
replies: 9 views: 323
joeq 4 days ago

Question on the functionality of the Soundcraft GB8 mixer. Looking to purchase one as part of a hybrid recording setup and will...

Supern0va
replies: 5 views: 812
djbendy 4 days ago

Hello :) I have an Audient iD22 and would like to use the Audient preamps in conjunction with a 2A style tube compressor. I have...

WilliamNevi
replies: 4 views: 210
Quetz 4 days ago

Hi and thanks in advance for your help, I record music using an interface, and I mix on headphones (a cardinal sin, I know,...

mattnoble
replies: 2 views: 172
mattnoble 4 days ago

Hello - I'm fairly new here and am about to buy an interface. These too are my last contenders - my main focus is audio...

Dan88
replies: 1 views: 245
Hammer v2 5 days ago

Hey guys, hope you're safe and doing well! straight to the point. After gain staging I start to mix my instruments. Let's say I...

lovemetomorrow
replies: 6 views: 222
lovemetomorrow 5 days ago

Hey gearslutz I have my guitar plugged into a Rocktron Intellifex and I have a Mackie 1202-VLZ, a TEAC M-09 and a Fostex VF-80....

butterburroughs
replies: 7 views: 277
BT64 6 days ago

When you're producing, do you like to put your kick front or center, or do you go for a little further back in the mix? I feel...

Wolf LeProducer
replies: 15 views: 590
Quetz 6 days ago

With phase issues and the psycho acoustics of hearing a sound on both sides creating an increased perception of volume, and most...

davidtmaclay
replies: 4 views: 281
CJ Mastering 6 days ago

I'm looking into trying to get another keyboard workstation. I have the roland fa06 and it's cool but it's just not what I...

dwayne00
replies: 1 views: 272
MacGyverGear 6 days ago

Can anyone help me out getting a similar bass sound? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCnHyTF6ANA Starting 0:25 Theres clearly...

tehuku
replies: 1 views: 177
Owen L T 6 days ago

Hi all... I have a pair of Yamaha ns20m (i know ive had them 33years.. just saying that makes me wonder if having monitors that...

bassface1
replies: 25 views: 372
Psinglet 6 days ago

Hi! Do you have any suggestions on how to approach mixing and mastering when trying to achieve this...

VP_Music
replies: 15 views: 453
audioloud 6 days ago

I know this may seem like a silly question, however, I really want to learn the details in the following differences if...

konkon
replies: 5 views: 261
konkon 1 week ago

Hi, i'm pretty new on the recording stuff front, i've been a singer for a long time so the problem could easily be solved and it...

reefy
replies: 28 views: 71,573
SLEY 1 week ago

I'm having an issue where my mix will sound great on my monitors, but then when bouncing and listening on my computer speakers or...

foul_owl
replies: 8 views: 271
foul_owl 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search