The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Newbie audio engineering + production question zone

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 100 views: 47,269
Piedpiper 5 days ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 127 views: 55,674
zukan 29th November 2017

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 129 views: 108,694
whocancatchme 1st September 2017

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 59,547
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 30,907
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 30,086
Jules 1st February 2011

Hello fellow slutz! I've been a long time reader but this is my first post. I have a Soundcraft GB2R-16 mixer here in my studio...

Gazeebo
replies: 6 views: 187
Gazeebo 1 hour ago

Hi All, I once had a pair of Beyer Dynamics- I seem to remember that they were solid and easy on the ears. I was thinking...

AudioJunky
replies: 15 views: 617
hello people 1 hour ago

Hi I need an audio interface (Mac) or monitor controller, or both, that will allow me to send audio to 2 pairs of studio monitors...

bassbinoctuplets
replies: 44 views: 5,513
Justdamato 1 hour ago

Hi looking for Hi hat loops preferably generated by a drum machine, e.g. like the Boss dr110 or 808 etc. Where can i find these?...

Johncameron1
replies: 3 views: 212
Club Foot 2 hours ago

Hello, I have an A&h Gs3 mixer (my first console), 10 channels of outboard preamps and 32 channels of AD/DA converters...

Logima
replies: 2 views: 124
Logima 2 hours ago

I've recently been delving into researching what keyboards and synths were featured in some of my favourite songs, but I'm having...

jamjaytrain
replies: 5 views: 221
FreshProduce 2 hours ago

Finally upgraded Pro Tools and bought some plugins that made me care about my ITB mixes (thanks to Slate and Scheps). Happy with...

SPatrick
replies: 10 views: 346
Sigma 2 hours ago

As the title reads, I am kinda new to everything when it comes to music production. And to this website. I have fruity loops,...

Dreni
replies: 3 views: 214
DamnFineCoffee 5 hours ago

After years of listening, learning, recording, mixing, mastering I came to the simple conclusion (which most of you already...

ilalin
replies: 9 views: 341
ilalin 5 hours ago

1. Radio station studio: radioTest.wav - Google Drive 2. School studio: hamiltonTest.wav - Google Drive How can I make...

mkkaudio
replies: 4 views: 187
CJ Mastering 6 hours ago

I recorded an entire album of guitars. Progressive Power Metal Genre. ie: Scar Symmetry Style. Guitars. And I tracked 7 songs...

EpiphanyOfMusic
replies: 15 views: 433
tedtan 6 hours ago

Hey everybody! I'm a real noob at this, so my terminology might not be the best. Lets say I want to set up a 8.1 PA-system....

YeahYeahYeahYeah
replies: 4 views: 214
mattiasnyc 8 hours ago

Hey guys! I'm having some trouble with connecting my Roland D-50 to Logic Pro x via my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 interface....

Farlock
replies: 3 views: 224
GregkoNYC 9 hours ago

You know how the API 6 slot lunchbox has a two pass thru channels (7 & 8)? Does a 500 series unit exist that gives you the...

buttonjaw
replies: 1 views: 220
KamandaSD 9 hours ago

I have a bunch of Guitar DIs friends have sent me over the years and I'm wondering, is their a way to "tone match" the...

Underoath77
replies: 4 views: 152
bgood 12 hours ago

Hi! I am wondering which monitors should i pick for small, untrearted room (4,5 x 3,5). I've read that hs5's has very poor...

bezkwitu
replies: 4 views: 851
gasolin 13 hours ago

Okay so I know this is a super basic question, but I want to make sure I've been doing this right... The first image is the...

Dhji
replies: 4 views: 277
joeq 15 hours ago

Hi there, Where can i find real accapellas of songs i like and would like to remix. I would pay for it im not looking for...

CrapKontrol
replies: 5 views: 283
Etch-A-Sketch 16 hours ago

Hey all, new to the forum, and music in general. Ive always been in rock bands but never before ventured into the DIY solo...

sleepfc
replies: 3 views: 269
sleepfc 16 hours ago

I've been using my M-216 mixer to route everything into my Duet for a while, but I'm a little confused on how to integrate my...

GLP1Antibody
replies: 0 views: 134
GLP1Antibody 21 hours ago

Background: I have always found it unbelievable how the simplest songs become hits and are so great to hear. To illustrate...

kizn
replies: 6 views: 348
Owen L T 22 hours ago

Daily Tech Music Show Bi-Weekly Update January 8 Show 23: Today We Discuss: Realitone: Fingerpick January 9 Show 24: Today We...

MichaelDroste
replies: 0 views: 122
MichaelDroste 23 hours ago

I recently bought a Beyerdynamic M55 microphone at a flea market. It has a captive cable on it that ends in a male 5pin XLR. The...

joethehobo
replies: 1 views: 913
jonmcliff 23 hours ago

Hi guys, Im not a total newbie to the music game but i am not well versed on this new digital world.... I have a friend in the...

Imakebeatz2
replies: 14 views: 407
FreshProduce 1 day ago

1. Radio station studio: radioTest.wav - Google Drive 2. School studio: hamiltonTest.wav - Google Drive How can I make...

mkkaudio
replies: 2 views: 152
Wizzomixer 1 day ago

Hello , I Have focusrite scarlett 2i2 audio interface I have Roland Rh-200 headphones I want to upgrade to Beyerdynamic 770...

MikeZero
replies: 3 views: 386
sinvm 1 day ago

Hello, friends! I am wondering if the ZED-10FX can assign different effects into different channels. I play guitar and...

arunki
replies: 3 views: 211
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

I was reading the manual for the AKG Perception 420 condenser mic and noticed that the stated frequency range (20 Hz -20 kHz)...

NamesIrrelevant
replies: 5 views: 255
wrgkmc 1 day ago

I'm currently using a first gen Focusrite 2i2 and it's a workhorse, it has yet to fail me. But after doing some reading and...

alanslippers
replies: 2 views: 273
sasholino 1 day ago

What is special about summing? Did people use that word summing before Protools? What I think it means: you bump the tracks down...

BoomWomb
replies: 22 views: 661
BoomWomb 1 day ago

I would assume that this 512c fits no problem into one slot of the Neve R6 rack. Did I just make an ass of u n' me? ...

BoomWomb
replies: 0 views: 168
BoomWomb 1 day ago

I am new to recording guitar, and I really want to get a professional sounding tone. Like that full rich tone that is on all the...

alcoyot
replies: 9 views: 338
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hey guys, a question for any one thats using studio one (DAW). when you go to the input settings and add mono for the guitar,...

willy25
replies: 1 views: 226
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hi, I wanted to start making beats on my MPC1000 and for that i wanna connect my turntable and dj mixer to mpc1000 for...

illsabio
replies: 0 views: 176
illsabio 1 day ago

Hi. I want to record audio with my computer. I'm familiar with analog tape recording and midi sequencing with a computer and...

mmboom
replies: 3 views: 227
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Whats up everbody newbie on the threads here looking for some opinions on my next upgrade i currently have a Tlm102 > B173...

JAE N1S
replies: 2 views: 253
Unclenny 1 day ago

I’m trying to mic myself singing and playing my Eastman 12 fret 00 size guitar. Have a modded Rode NT1 LDC that sounds great...

jayme
replies: 3 views: 233
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Doesn't sending tracks to say, a reverb bus, just limit our control of how that reverb can be applied to each track? Assuming you...

Weirdo
replies: 18 views: 654
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hi everyone, I’m new to this forum but really want to check my understanding on something I’m trying to do. I have owned and...

Lonetapes
replies: 4 views: 245
Lonetapes 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
voodoo4u 1 day ago

Hi I'm considering buying a used IZ Radar Classic 24 (192kHz Nyquist). It has 24 analog in/out and 24 AES/EBU. It comes with the...

Schnellecke
replies: 0 views: 215
Schnellecke 1 day ago

Hi all, Apologies if this seems a stupid question. I am trying to understand the relationship between instruments under...

Kurtdz
replies: 8 views: 315
Kurtdz 2 days ago

So I've been playing with this AVID MTRX/DAD AX32 a lot and the converters, both AD and DA, are simply stellar. Tonight I did a...

markchatwin
replies: 11 views: 393
psycho_monkey 2 days ago

Hey guys, I'm working with a stoner band right now. This is the kind of reference they send me yesterday:...

Dud3
replies: 4 views: 319
pquinn 2 days ago

Hello everyone, don't know if its the good category to post this (feel free to move it if needed) but I've been trying to achieve...

Sybille
replies: 2 views: 247
Sybille 2 days ago

Hi everyone, I have a problem with my mix, and i don't know what to do about it or if it's normal. I read "Mixing secrets...

thelessiknowtheb
replies: 4 views: 251
ventil 2 days ago

Hi all. I'm fairly new to recording, mixing and mastering music. I am making some tracks these days, and would really appreciate...

Kjell M.I.E
replies: 3 views: 269
Kjell M.I.E 2 days ago

Hi Guys, Every man and his dog knows that you should treat your room, I plan on having mine treated by next month.... The...

TheBoyWonder
replies: 4 views: 287
Owen L T 2 days ago

Hey friends, I'm curious to know what's your way to deal with a very bad vocalist in the box. I am mixing that song and the...

DamnFineCoffee
replies: 9 views: 342
DamnFineCoffee 2 days ago

Hi everyone, TL;DR: How many channels in the console do I need for recording and mixing to a 16-channel tape machine and then...

cuba1956
replies: 0 views: 185
cuba1956 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search