The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 139 views: 74,215
Davster 3 days ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 152 views: 132,827
mattiasnyc 8th September 2018

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 110 views: 62,664
mikeg.lazer 9th August 2018

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 73,464
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 35,465
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 36,502
Jules 1st February 2011

Hi Im running a Shure SM7b -> CL1 Cloudlifter -> BAE 1073 MPF -> Tubetech CL1B -> Apollo Twin mkII for recording...

stefjack1000
replies: 1 views: 96
Bender412 2 hours ago

Hey everyone, I've scoured google for a solid week and have yet to find some concrete answers on my question. In the past,...

buckleylives
replies: 10 views: 367
buckleylives 3 hours ago

I'm getting a parts list setup for my studio and i am looking for recommendations for a mixer that is good for using outboard...

dominicbauers
replies: 5 views: 156
BIG BUDDHA 3 hours ago

Hi, everyone. This is my first time posting on here in years. I've been interested in recording for years and I've just kinda...

Deepsnare
replies: 1 views: 106
BIG BUDDHA 3 hours ago

This is my PC. Upgrade recommendations (monitoring) I use it for gaming and for recording my guitar. I would like to get...

navin advani
replies: 48 views: 1,141
navin advani 6 hours ago

Hey guys, I am a total newbie to hardware so please be patient. I would like to buy a mixer, a sampler and an audio...

Mantra X
replies: 2 views: 297
scadh 9 hours ago

I have a sound PCIe card (ESI MAYA44 eX) that has two outputs, a “channel 1/2” and “channel 3/4” and these are both 6.3...

RowanDreAm
replies: 1 views: 115
bitman 10 hours ago

hey there, i'm using a akai mg614 mixer at the moment and i can't seem to find much information about it on the internet....

dodecaphonic
replies: 73 views: 1,321
Prodba 13 hours ago

Hello everyone! I’m opening this topic because of two reasons. The first one is well explained by the presence of the link...

Yamagong
replies: 3 views: 340
Yamagong 14 hours ago

Hey, i'm doing an assignment and I'm struggling to find producers that use Logic Pro X or any other version of Logic. Could...

tyzakavzz101
replies: 8 views: 430
jaxman12 15 hours ago

Hi all I hired a Mastering Engineer last week to master an EP I have mixed of my very own band - punk rock kinda stuff. This...

Thom b
replies: 7 views: 279
Kimi777 16 hours ago

Hey guys, so I am looking at getting a new pair of studio headphones in the $150 to $300 range. For years I have had a pair of...

SteveyC123
replies: 9 views: 1,926
Wolfgang Tatum 17 hours ago

When you are producing a song and do not have a reference song... This especially happens to me when I produce songs without a...

s wave
replies: 0 views: 124
s wave 17 hours ago

So I bought the 8 outputs a while ago, because I wanted to add effects to some sounds (through an FX mixer) without having to...

SlapR
replies: 5 views: 349
SlapR 17 hours ago

Hi all! New to this site. I’m on a quest to learn everything about producing top 40 pop hits and I’m wondering if...

Yabadabadoo
replies: 19 views: 547
MattiasSwe 17 hours ago

I would like to safe for a nice synth, so I think I can’t get around not having a audio interface anymore. Ive seen a second...

Coenf99
replies: 16 views: 381
login 18 hours ago

Greetings, long time lurker here,,,, I've become involved in an effort to create and release an EP and possibly a full 'album'...

dscuyamungue
replies: 6 views: 382
dscuyamungue 18 hours ago

Thinking about getting a digitakt, but don't want to spend $900 on software just to edit amen breaks (why the Digitakt doesnt...

Syntaxkid
replies: 3 views: 317
jerry123 18 hours ago

Hey my 909 kicks always sound very flat and underwhelming compared to the 909s I hear in my favourite tracks such as this bicep...

conork10
replies: 9 views: 420
smoke 19 hours ago

Got this loop in a sample pack and really want to recreate a similar sound but don't really know where to begin. Any help would...

Fischeran
replies: 1 views: 222
jammiedodger666 22 hours ago

The image below will show what is available on the ufx+ I am unsure how best to set this up, I know I need a patch bay, but...

Capej
replies: 1 views: 306
vintagetube 1 day ago

I understand what it does and how to set it up. Right now I have it setup with my HD 600s, running as a VST (on the master track)...

kalmoa
replies: 10 views: 723
FriedaCalor 1 day ago

I'm looking to have somebody explain the differences between the two types of EQ that I have attached as photos (not those exact...

goldylocks
replies: 3 views: 302
goldylocks 1 day ago

New to the site. I did some searching on this topic with no luck before resorting to making a post. I'm a drummer and I'm...

wiseshanks
replies: 5 views: 278
musicus 1 day ago

Glad to have found this board as I'm fairly new to recording and definitely have questions from time to time, this is my first...

new2this
replies: 17 views: 572
joeq 1 day ago

Hey all! I'm definitely a songwriter first and "producer" second(out of necessity) but I get very frustrated when I...

Yabadabadoo
replies: 2 views: 259
Yabadabadoo 1 day ago

hi maybe you could help me with this as well?Where is 0dB(like 0 VU) in Logic X on dBfs scale is it -16dBfs or -20dBfs??? All...

ssyniu
replies: 5 views: 778
Prodba 1 day ago

How did the recording engineers make the drums sound like there's an air gun blowing in the drums? You can hear it in the...

Toddskins
replies: 2 views: 333
theaterguy 1 day ago

A lot of people here, tend to dislike overly tuned vocals saying it adds artifacts, and makes the vocal sound emotionless, or...

herzack
replies: 648 views: 10,028
onewire 1 day ago

Hello I just bought a Presonus studio live 16 series III board and I am searching for someone that can help me to set it up over...

pablofuente
replies: 0 views: 230
pablofuente 1 day ago

So here's the scenario — I had 8" Yamaha's back at home. Because I didn't wanna ship em to my new location, I ended up...

MisterCrayle
replies: 2 views: 311
Ninecows 2 days ago

I have a golden age project Pre 73 JR and i want to use a compressor in the signal path to gain stage a little, to take some...

ahutch4
replies: 8 views: 368
ahutch4 2 days ago

Hi. I composed and recorded this film score-esque piece, and was hoping to get your thoughts. I'm please with it, but feel it...

tluke
replies: 4 views: 354
Mag J 2 days ago

Hi Guys I am Justin aka JLaM could anyone figure out what this snare or clap sample is from Marshmello CoLouR cuz I have been...

JustinJLam
replies: 18 views: 725
JustinJLam 2 days ago

Hello, I have this Relay - Wikipedia in two rooms near my studio, and every time the button is pressed to activate the relay...

djcandu
replies: 3 views: 260
djcandu 2 days ago

What subfilter or big bottom pluggin is worth to use? what about this free one? Brainworx bx_subfilter - Plugin Alliance

mertas
replies: 0 views: 270
mertas 2 days ago

On JBL 4345s(Im trying to replicate these cabinets), they have these 18" low woofer drivers and I am trying to figure out if...

Ensefalon
replies: 6 views: 350
Wyllys 2 days ago

Hello, I am trying to compare 2 different mixes for the same song. Although listening one after the other is a good indicator...

perenoel
replies: 6 views: 337
Kimi777 2 days ago

And all I can say is... It's about time. The days of hyper-compressed, brick wall-limited productions are fading fast as...

Skylyter
replies: 41 views: 4,093
JamesAlexs 3 days ago

Hi everybody! I'm looking for some advise for a recording session, I will be recording this Mongolian artist...

Manoja
replies: 0 views: 298
Manoja 3 days ago

So I’ve got an RME fireface UFX+ which has two XLR outs which go to my monitors currently. I also have the rme usb controller...

Jeb84
replies: 4 views: 321
ripripstabstab 3 days ago
replies: 25 views: 676
bill5 3 days ago

Hey Everybody, I Wanted to know how one would go about getting the Lo-Fi sound for an instrumental or beat. The Lo-Fi beats on...

214soulchild
replies: 0 views: 331
214soulchild 3 days ago

Hello, I have just connected up my second hand TSR-12 and it's showing a signal coming in but im not getting anything out of it ....

COLINROBOT
replies: 5 views: 954
SXB 3 days ago

Hello all, I am trying to iron out my levels / setup and would really appreciate some advice! I have a Mackie 1202 VLZ3...

Stevism
replies: 5 views: 332
Stevism 3 days ago

Hi, I am about to start working on a 14000 word essay about a subject of my choice for uni (I'm studying audio engineering). I...

kn0bfidd1er
replies: 38 views: 1,973
norfolk martin 3 days ago

Hi, people! My name is Iskander Gafarov, I'm from Russia. I need your help, guys :( If I had created a thread in a wrong forum...

Jafaroff
replies: 6 views: 338
Mag J 3 days ago

Hi all, Please I need your assistant on some problem am currently facing with my outboard units. Specifically the retro...

Dprincewillz
replies: 2 views: 253
Dprincewillz 3 days ago
replies: - views: -
Davster 3 days ago

Hello all, Is there someone that can tell me how to create a sound like this? What synth or plugin is used to make this? Or is...

Volt9
replies: 9 views: 403
Volt9 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search