The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Newbie audio engineering + production question zone

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 102 views: 51,450
ttippie 4 days ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 130 views: 61,134
bainmack 1 week ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

replies: 148 views: 115,436
mattiasnyc 27th January 2018

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

replies: 41 views: 63,593
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

replies: 0 views: 31,868
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

replies: 0 views: 31,792
Jules 1st February 2011

I'm using the simple built-in Parametric EQ that comes with Cakewalk/Sonar. Let's say I have a bass track and I want to HP at...

replies: 17 views: 422
bvdd 1 hour ago

What are you all doing for reverb/early reflection panning? Feeling a bit bewildered at all the possibilities. Are you...

replies: 13 views: 417
BudNum 4 hours ago

Hello, long-time lurker of the forums, but I decided to make an account and post because I have a question that has stumped...

replies: 5 views: 339
devencruz 7 hours ago

Hey guys So I produced a track, and recorded vocals for it. I am still new at vocals, so I have realized I'd better have...

replies: 4 views: 202
joeq 9 hours ago

Hello gearslutz fam, lately I've been questioning my workflow in regards 2 dithering... I record and mix in ProTools 10...

replies: 7 views: 293
E_Slim 9 hours ago

My friend has this motherboard ASUS P8H77-M PRO, which in turn has this on-board audio card: Realtek® ALC892 8-Channel HD...

replies: 0 views: 100
maferv 9 hours ago

Hi guys, forgive me for my lack of knowledge on music theory... Basically, I don't have the best vocal range, when I want to...

replies: 2 views: 167
JamEZmusic 10 hours ago

Quite a few things here I have a fireface 400 recording straight into a DAW, I produce minimal electro beat orientated music...

replies: 1 views: 208
CJ Mastering 15 hours ago

Hi, my name is jaime and im new to the community. I need some help recording acoustic guitars pleaase, does anyone know a...

replies: 3 views: 251

I wonder when "pros" tracking a real drum do they do editing on the fly? Or simply re-record the parts?

replies: 3 views: 254

Currently on REAPER, but it doesn't support post-fader FX.

replies: 5 views: 311
Swing 17 hours ago

Hi everyone. I have a Yamaha O1V96i mixer borrowed from a friend that I want to use as an audio interface with Ableton Live...

replies: 2 views: 226
sandy9999 1 day ago

Hello, I am new to the forum. Been producing for a few years. I have a small studio set up in my room. I currently own rockit 5s,...

replies: 59 views: 600
Lumbergh 1 day ago

I picked up an API 500-b4, looking to use it with my Capi VP26 rockout The back of the lunchbox has no XLR inputs. Are these...

replies: 2 views: 259
Rchristophc 1 day ago

I am exploring things to buy next month and something come up during a discussion with one of my friends…super-duper, newbie...

replies: 6 views: 293
Josef_K 1 day ago

Hello, I have a Focusrite 6i6 (I believe first generation) and a Yamaha MG12XU mixer. The mixer only has 6 dedicated preamps, so...

replies: 2 views: 249
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

how do the pros manage to get great mixes without using outboard gear? I use UAD plugins which make a huge difference by just...

replies: 7 views: 436
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hi, I've been recording, mixing and mastering for about a year now, to find clients and add to my portfolio i offer doing 1...

Monk u
replies: 30 views: 832
Monk u 1 day ago

Old fart wanting to get back into music making for fun looking for some advice on a new setup, please! A looooong time I ago I...

replies: 3 views: 227
spikysimon 1 day ago

I know a few of us studio owners get these emails from time to time, and I got another today. I just thought I would give a...

replies: 6 views: 381
Noisewagon 2 days ago

* Greetings from one who is just starting out. Generous advice received here (plus a little from my Sweetwater sales...

Gary D Olson
replies: 11 views: 323
mrmike186 2 days ago
replies: 10 views: 546
bill5 2 days ago

If you compared these: YouTube YouTube To my track: Enfield Housing Master V1 by Third Eye John | Free Listening on...

replies: 2 views: 336
ThirdEye 2 days ago

Sup yall i got some questions and issues lol.. First, my issue is confusion about mastering should i generally keep my rms low...

replies: 11 views: 377
joeq 2 days ago

Hi guys, Long story short, when I'm building up a drum track, I usually start with the kick. Find a nice kick. Import it as...

replies: 19 views: 514
mattiasnyc 2 days ago

Hello! I have a battery powered P.A. system (Carvin s600b). It is powered by an internal 12v battery. If you are running out of...

replies: 3 views: 230
Schoeller 2 days ago

YouTube Hey guys, I know there was a thread on a similar subject already but no one was really sure about the answer. Clip is...

replies: 11 views: 532
zathrasb5 2 days ago

my older Yamaha RM800 mixer has Mono AUX sends but either Mono or Stereo returns. I have a Strymon Timeline hooked up to AUX1...

replies: 2 views: 2,408
Langur 2 days ago

Hello, I am the PD/OM of a small radio cluster. I am in charge of production and engineering, with much, much more experience in...

replies: 2 views: 546
wrgkmc 2 days ago

How do you get it not to ride up the noise in-between the vocals? There are gaps that are a measure or so here and there that the...

replies: 4 views: 263
stella645 2 days ago

Tried doing it with a behringer octave pedal, but there was too much robotic artifact-ing. It didn't sound clean or natural.

replies: 14 views: 437
wrgkmc 2 days ago

Looking to get a good podcasting setup, not break the bank but not regret the purchase and need to upgrade soon after either. I...

replies: 0 views: 190
rennocneb 2 days ago

my goal - i want to be able to record my mic and bass into my interface, while using my studio monitors for playback.....

replies: 12 views: 284
Notanothersteve 2 days ago

Hello everyone, I'm a voice actor based out of Houston and I wanted to get a discussion thread going with other voice actors and...

replies: 41 views: 1,266
filboid 3 days ago

Hi Im a bedroom producer consider this when I ask :-) When I use the DMG Audio EQuilibrium on a harsh sounding acoustic guitar...

replies: 5 views: 384
MpaMusik 3 days ago

does anyone here have experience with melda production's mloudnessanalyzer? I have a quick question about it. I'm trying to...

replies: 6 views: 247
mattiasnyc 3 days ago

Hi, people! Long time reader, first time posting :) I love listening to electro music with some atmospheric mood. I recently...

replies: 0 views: 195
shinka 3 days ago

i recognized cross-talk between volcas when using a daisy-chain (myvolts)... anybody else recognized this? or might have a...

replies: 0 views: 217
l0k1 3 days ago

For mastering I'm going to use reference material and already know exactly what. My question is what should the source of the...

replies: 2 views: 239
mattiasnyc 4 days ago

Listen the back vocals and i don't know how can i do back vocal multi sounding like this? Vocals on: 0:34 0:38 1:00 Which...

Erdem Alsirt
replies: 5 views: 326
Erdem Alsirt 4 days ago

I have the Mbox 3 pro connected to my imac 2009 via fire adapter(800 to 400) and the Mbox is not being recognized at all. The...

replies: 5 views: 1,258
Piedpiper 4 days ago

I live in Virginia and found a bunch of old recording equipment in an old barn and basement of a house that a friend bought and...

Blue Ridge
replies: 0 views: 200
Blue Ridge 4 days ago

I'm looking to expand my studio with some hardware. Specifically I'm interested in outboard gear to process my sounds, but I've...

replies: 15 views: 455
krylenko 4 days ago

Hello, Maybe a stupid question, but I'd like to use a chain like this: Guitar -> audio interface input -> computer...

replies: 9 views: 448
marba 4 days ago

Hi all, Firstly I need to mention that ive had quite a bit of trouble with my second gen scarlett 2i2 interface. I had issues...

replies: 2 views: 235
That_Music_Chick 4 days ago

Hello everyone. I know there are a few similar threads out there, and there is the best studio gear page and all that, but...

replies: 2 views: 311
mareSLO 4 days ago

Hello everyone, I was trying to repair this Fostex B16 reel to reel that is in overall good condition. Anyway even after...

replies: 14 views: 308
No.7 4 days ago

So - I finally got around to trying to record vocals in an acoustically bad room with my old, old (dynamic mic) sm57 pointed at a...

replies: 1 views: 232
wrgkmc 4 days ago

edit// I'm talking about listening to music normally not in daw or anything lol Hello, a simple question. I just got Sonarworks...

replies: 4 views: 273
Brent Hahn 4 days ago

Hello! My setup is a Presonus 192+Dangerous Music D-Box. I route my 8 channels from pro tools to the physical outs on my 192...

replies: 1 views: 241
mattiasnyc 4 days ago

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search