The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 181 views: 190,101
nosebleedaudio 1 week ago

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 146 views: 102,053
aljoy13 8th April 2020

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 152 views: 119,957
puremix.net 10th January 2020

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 100,114
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 43,541
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 48,944
Jules 1st February 2011

Hello everyone :chug: while days of researching for audio topics I finally found this awesome forum and hope that my misery...

Milena M
replies: 0 views: 22
Milena M 35 minutes ago

Hey guys, I'm seriously trying to finish my EP and I'm struggling finding proper mix/ master engineers that can get three...

KillianGold
replies: 10 views: 520
Sonic Vitriol 41 minutes ago

Hey I have a small private studio I have been building up this last year. I record hard rock music. Pretty much mono tracks only....

Vintage4life11
replies: 20 views: 2,237
mikoo69 1 hour ago

Wassup, I have a quick question about phantom power. I accidentally shut down the power cable of my pc while my u87 was...

dazelbc
replies: 1 views: 77
MarkF48 1 hour ago

And it's because of the kick, I just realised by only muting the kick (master fader didn't go red) and then soloing it (master...

Felipe Arenas P.
replies: 0 views: 62
Felipe Arenas P. 2 hours ago
replies: 0 views: 56
jakeru19 3 hours ago

Howdy Gearslutz, I'm relatively new at the whole audio recording/producing thing. First, I want to say THANK YOU for everyone...

Studio54
replies: 2 views: 145
Owen L T 4 hours ago

Hello, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6RD6mjiIZE quick question - what would you think makes the sound of this vocal...

aoa1002
replies: 0 views: 75
aoa1002 4 hours ago

Slowly getting a handle on parallel compression. What situations would you want to boost/cut BEFORE or AFTER your comp(on the...

davidtmaclay
replies: 0 views: 77
davidtmaclay 4 hours ago

Hi Has anyone taken the engineering course by Musician on a Mission and Rob Mayzes Its 400$ It looks interesting but Id...

wizcow
replies: 7 views: 3,066
tommyleaps 5 hours ago

New to the forum! I just bought a used Peavey Windsor 100w head and matching cab for a stupid cheap price. I mainly play new age...

tsuggs124
replies: 7 views: 141
Sonic Vitriol 5 hours ago

I've been checking out some of the nicer interfaces (UA, Apogee, etc) with two inputs analog inputs and see that they generally...

eric9353
replies: 4 views: 185
Bushman 8 hours ago

I'm new to this area of audio production.. I found a free vst called "Plogue Alter Ego" that lets you type in lyrics to...

dmiraie
replies: 2 views: 147
Keith99 9 hours ago

This is an update to another thread from a few months back where I vented some frustrations with mixing. Here's some things that...

mwtzzz
replies: 0 views: 81
mwtzzz 9 hours ago

Hello, I've been looking to buy my first bits of hardware. After some solid days research and endless youtube vids/reviews, I...

music_mademedoit
replies: 1 views: 307
L de Leonard 10 hours ago

Hello guys!! Watch a Free 15 Minutes Excerpt 76 Weeks. That's how long the smash hit "I'm Yours," penned by...

puremix.net
replies: 0 views: 70
puremix.net 12 hours ago

Hey everyone, I’m currently trying to find out how one could make the lives of beginner producers a lot easier! I hope this...

Simon Johansson
replies: 0 views: 72
Simon Johansson 12 hours ago

I have a general question about compressors. Has anyone else noticed that when using an 1176 or SSL bus compressor that the...

Milescoolin71
replies: 5 views: 296
stixstudios 16 hours ago

Why might you choose to use a tape plugin to achieve that subtle low end thump rather than just doing a subtle low end boost on...

L Audio
replies: 3 views: 202
skillz335 17 hours ago

Hey guys, i bought today an used Warm Audio WA 76 Unit, now i am testing it, seems to work fine. I am just wondering about the...

Apache Vibez
replies: 6 views: 224
skillz335 17 hours ago

I've been working in the box for ever and I'd like to learn how to use a large format console. There are some local studios that...

L Audio
replies: 1 views: 146
Wayne 22 hours ago

Would this chain work: 4 drum mics into tascam m208 mixer then two lines out into focusrite audio interface into my Mac...

Jwb
replies: 1 views: 108
Wayne 23 hours ago
replies: 3 views: 267
hello people 1 day ago

Hey guys, I have an audio store I'm going to rent from here in LA. I already know I'm going to get an M49 mic and was going...

Zman4700
replies: 1 views: 241
Zman4700 1 day ago

Hey yall, Just listening to some Lewis Parker stuff......his snare's are crazy!!! I know he is the king for using the SP1200...

Kusstard
replies: 0 views: 153
Kusstard 1 day ago

Say I've got a rhythm and a lead guitar part, and I've doubled each, here's how I've usually handled this in the mix: 1) bus...

alligatorlizard
replies: 4 views: 311
soldat 1 day ago

I recently started getting into using outboard gear in my recordings, mostly on drums and guitar. I love the way it sounds...

erdleturtle
replies: 2 views: 154
erdleturtle 1 day ago

Hello everybody. I’m actually a pro-user but Basic vs. Premium differences are a bit confusing and not well documented. I know...

hes_ko
replies: 22 views: 9,109
AlecAlfaras 2 days ago

Hi. I'm a bit of an ocd perfectionist so trying to plan things out in the most efficient way possible along with...

SpetsnazBeaver
replies: 7 views: 214
Owen L T 2 days ago

Hey guys, I’m trying to come up with ways to make the lives of beginner music producers/djs/artists easier and better...

domsthetics
replies: 10 views: 272
MikeInOttawa 2 days ago

Hey all, hope you are well, I'm struggling and need help and this place looks amazing :). I have a soundproofed studio for...

Gb155
replies: 0 views: 129
Gb155 2 days ago

Hello, I am currently running the following: Heil PR40 -> dbx 286s -> TRS to Scarlett Solo line input (gain knob at...

Eggshellent
replies: 2 views: 150
Eggshellent 2 days ago

Hi, I have an abundance of cable that is made for balanced/stereo jacks - it has two conductors plus the screen/ground. I...

lectrojape
replies: 14 views: 329
kludgeaudio 2 days ago

Hi, I understand that one of UAD Apollo's main differentiating factors is that all plugins can be run on the Apollo itself...

feicipet
replies: 0 views: 147
feicipet 2 days ago

Hi Everyone, Love the site! I've had a good read over the last few days and I've learnt a lot. I've had a good search for...

atjb
replies: 3 views: 215
BT64 2 days ago

Hello all, first, my setup: Win7 x64, Audacity 2.3.3, Edirol UA-20 My goal is to record as loudly as possible while...

Xan02
replies: 3 views: 178
BT64 2 days ago

Does anyone know how to get that classic LANY style vocal? It sounds like the typical 3 vocals with panning, but I am looking for...

KNILLION
replies: 0 views: 151
KNILLION 3 days ago

Hello. I need an advice. the piano is in a room l 6 x h 3 x 4. not too big. the question is i need a omni microphone or cardiod ?...

lovis6161
replies: 2 views: 140
BIG BUDDHA 3 days ago

I think I've confused myself. Amateur hobbyist using Cakewalk bandlab. What I used to do: sing vocals ---> select parts...

Samion
replies: 15 views: 542
BIG BUDDHA 3 days ago

Hi, currently I use Ableton 10 on Mac. I have a few outboard effects and 4-5 synths and eurorack. I don’t use a mixer. I have...

Brgbeat
replies: 0 views: 125
Brgbeat 3 days ago

Hi guys! I've got these new Beyerdynamic DT770 (80 ohm) I've picked up yesterday, I had the chance to try them in the store...

BPRob
replies: 19 views: 47,348
hobs 3 days ago

Hey Guys, can anyone show me a simple way to blend between 2 audio tracks in a daw (prefer cubase), the same way you would use a...

fuzulu
replies: 11 views: 319
fuzulu 3 days ago

Hi, just my first studio monitors arrived yesterday, a pair of Adam T7V. When connecting it to my turntables I (very...

craigda
replies: 4 views: 200
craigda 3 days ago

Hi all, Been away far too long.Hoppe all is good and every one is staying safe and well. I am trying to hook up my new RME...

Dprincewillz
replies: 0 views: 151
Dprincewillz 3 days ago

I've been reading on a mixing technique called Brauerizing, which is supposed to make your mixes counter-pump, or...

seppemane
replies: 4 views: 288
JSchlomo 3 days ago

I’ve started streaming my band on Facebook. Question: I’m looking for a single room mic that could pick up the whole band....

derekirving
replies: 5 views: 269
skillz335 3 days ago

I’m having a hard time thinking of the best way to route a mic>Neve 1073 SPX(mono)>SSL Fusion(stereo)>Red 3 Comp...

wcalderon
replies: 4 views: 203
wcalderon 3 days ago

WSW LIMITERS These units are pretty rare and have some unique features, such as germanium transistors, high quality build, and...

richmix
replies: 0 views: 140
richmix 4 days ago

I'm about to buy an analog mixer which I want to hook up to an Otari RADAR II, but none of the I/O ports in the RADAR's back...

inviernoche
replies: 4 views: 518
korfius 4 days ago

Hi, I am working in Cubase in 64 Bit FLoat. I export the Files in 32 Bit FLoat without dithering. (Because RX7 can not handle...

Jansemann4433
replies: 7 views: 210
Bouroki 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search