The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 141 views: 86,903
Velvet Elvis 19 hours ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 152 views: 101,863
puremix.net 1 week ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 173 views: 168,650
Tascam238 9th September 2019

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 91,477
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 41,204
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 44,764
Jules 1st February 2011

Hello, Im starting to put together a podcast/You tube set up. i currently have a symetrix 528E and dynamic Mic (EV RE 20 and...

patriot
replies: 19 views: 308
patriot 1 minute ago

I'm working on setting up a mix template in Pro Tools that includes fair amount of parallel processing signal paths. Can someone...

guittarzzan
replies: 0 views: 18
guittarzzan 44 minutes ago

i have my shure sm7b plugged into my cloudlifter which then plugs into my scarlett solo, the gain is around 10 o clock but i have...

iceydawg
replies: 2 views: 142
iceydawg 46 minutes ago

Guys! Please help me to find a similar ARP synth sound, track is added below Maybe its just a ARP2600 or Sylenth or Serum...

manoftool
replies: 1 views: 158
bitleyTM 50 minutes ago

So just another bit of advice. I am selling a watch of mine that I dont really wear and thought I'd spend it on my music setup as...

serious steve
replies: 9 views: 297
serious steve 1 hour ago

So I've narrowed down my noise problem, and one of my microphones is the culprit. The recording is audio from the first mic and...

IGotWorms
replies: 0 views: 41
IGotWorms 1 hour ago

Hi everyone I want to buy neve eq 5033 I use Twin Apollo Is it possible to connect eq Apollo and mix and how ? Can I...

Jaco13
replies: 5 views: 268
Crazy4Jazz 1 hour ago

Hi all. New member after some lurking. Should be a basic question, hopefully I chose the correct forum. I am a member of a...

Pjr587
replies: 18 views: 773
FreshProduce 1 hour ago

Hi all, I wonder how you control you volume in the studio. I have noticed I change the volume a lot when mixing and mastering....

Volt9
replies: 10 views: 194
Volt9 3 hours ago

Hello, I am demoing gullfoss and I really love the way it glues stuff and makes them sound like they belong together. The...

IAmFree
replies: 0 views: 63
IAmFree 4 hours ago

Hello guys! here's a little tip of the day hearing “air” on vocals... This refers to that subtle, frequency halo in the...

puremix.net
replies: 0 views: 58
puremix.net 6 hours ago

Hello community! I hope this is the right sub-forum for this question! I am currently finishing three pieces for four...

Ariel Schlichter
replies: 3 views: 109
deedeeyeah 7 hours ago

Hi. Im new to the forum. Hope your all well. I've recently bought lots of hardware, The mackie vlz 1604 being one of them....

Jpsr
replies: 16 views: 325
Reptil 7 hours ago

So...I went from a 1st Gen Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 to an RME Fireface UFX II. Big jump, I know. Now here's the thing – I...

MisterCrayle
replies: 5 views: 180
terrible.dee 7 hours ago

So for electroacoustic music (think Alva Noto) what do you think is an appropriate frequency to be high pass filtering at? 20Hz?...

Naoki971
replies: 3 views: 284
deedeeyeah 10 hours ago

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me. When I start a new track focused on drums. I start with samples, eqing and...

xXGreenXx90
replies: 1 views: 173
MisterCrayle 12 hours ago

I just spend a couple of weeks making my first sample pack. It was made by recording sounds out of a Behringer Neutron. Now my...

Ikke
replies: 2 views: 138
Ikke 13 hours ago

Hi Members, I have some newbie questions about Pop/Rock concert recording and the frequency response of microphones. Let's...

Cameron Hamill
replies: 3 views: 151
Cameron Hamill 15 hours ago

Hi guys, I have to record some acoustic guitar and some vocals (16 bits) with a condenser microphone on a small mixer and I am...

Plasticine
replies: 39 views: 4,583
shortyboyboy 16 hours ago

Hi, this might be a stupid question but it is possible to convert from USB A to XLR Male? I have a USB Mic (Rode NT-USB) and...

ldn2
replies: 7 views: 4,182
FRN 19 hours ago

I was wondering if some of y'all could help me out. I have that blind spot where I can't objectively evaluate the sound...

ziggysane
replies: 1 views: 224
kwaem 23 hours ago

Hi There, I usually: 1. automate vocal track 2. send it unprocessed to a vocal mix group 3. compress there, so signal is...

arsonculture
replies: 8 views: 263
bgood 1 day ago

Just recorded this song, would love some feedback on the mix, effects, etc. Just my small bedroom studio with Logic Pro, too...

Jaded_musician
replies: 10 views: 262
Jaded_musician 1 day ago

I'm a newbie/home hobbyist in terms of audio recording/mixing. If you look back about a year you'll see a couple threads I posted...

mwtzzz
replies: 0 views: 202
mwtzzz 1 day ago

Hello fellow slutz, Here are some quick questions in which I was hoping could be answered. I thank you very much in advance if...

IPityTheFoo
replies: 2 views: 229
mattpyter 1 day ago

Please guys if you have a minute, I need advice here... Completely at a loss and becoming frustrated Currently working on a...

btjking7
replies: 8 views: 397
Jagman18 1 day ago

Hi All I'm new to music production. I'm using Sonar for my DAW and various VST's for instruments (for now). I'm curious why...

flyagaricus
replies: 13 views: 396
StarfishMusic 1 day ago

Hey folks - hope you can help...I'd like to use my xp-60 as a controller for the sounds inside Cubase - actually, simply just a...

mattdaddy1970
replies: 0 views: 144
mattdaddy1970 1 day ago

Hey everyone. I’ve been stalking these boards for years, this is my first post though so go easy on a noob :) I’ve been...

kroux.music
replies: 2 views: 567
brk303 1 day ago

Hi, Im trying to find a copy of an old book I used to have back in the day. Just reasons of nostalgia. It was called The...

Kola
replies: 9 views: 238
Kola 2 days ago

Hi there Wasn’t sure where to post this so please move if in the wrong forum. I’ve got a few hardware spring reverbs...

mrbump
replies: 3 views: 168
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

Hey, I started working at cubase. I record guitars for two microphones and a line input. Can I automatically adjust the delay...

Foretaste
replies: 7 views: 328
Wayne 2 days ago

Afternoon all, So, I know there is a post that partially answers my question already on this forum... But actually I'd like to...

NerdyFiddler
replies: 1 views: 182
DownTheLine 2 days ago

Do you have to drive the monitors at a certain volume to get the most accurate balance or optimal for the monitors?

goom
replies: 7 views: 257
HeadlessDinosaur 2 days ago

Hi, I really love the deep piano sound on this track. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RkRjDvrmzo I'm wondering if it's...

xXGreenXx90
replies: 4 views: 314
xXGreenXx90 2 days ago

Hey Slutz I have a question regarding Analog to Digital conversion and was wondering if someone could help me out. I'm...

karlamacintyre95
replies: 10 views: 303
Zasterz 2 days ago

Hi all and thank you anyone who responds and can try to help. I recently purchased a pre owned Silver Apollo FireWire quad and...

mattbutt
replies: 2 views: 165
mattbutt 3 days ago

There is this sound in the background, it seems as if it was made with the mouth or so and it has automated panning. Probably...

kwaem
replies: 1 views: 211
kwaem 3 days ago

Hey, I'm taking my first steps at Cubase. I recorded an acoustic guitar, single strings, such a ballad. I recorded on two...

Foretaste
replies: 2 views: 279
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Hello. How to put EQ plugin on Reverb wet output signal in Logic? If I create new buss with Reverb plugin and add to same...

Demando
replies: 1 views: 194
weave 3 days ago

I am losing it a little bit here. Hoping someone out there may know this sound and exactly what type of device is causing...

aaronphshort
replies: 3 views: 302
The Byre 3 days ago

Hi there, I recently bought the Rode nt1-a mic, but when I connect it to my audio interface, it only seems to pick up very low...

Imke
replies: 18 views: 365
HeadlessDinosaur 3 days ago

Hello everyone. I'm Gary, just signed up. Upgrading my DAW and attempting to get better at production. Have invested in a...

GazC
replies: 9 views: 367
explorer 3 days ago

Hi guys, I'm moving to the U.S for a job, and they presented me with 2 locations: Chicago or Boston. So im in a dilemma for...

soilworker24
replies: 12 views: 420
bill5 3 days ago

Hi, this might be abit confusing apologize for that but I would like to have this explained to me. How does frequency relate...

magik87
replies: 12 views: 791
joeq 3 days ago

Hey Slutz I was wondering if there is a standard way of routing an FX send in a DAW? For example If I have a snare drum...

karlamacintyre95
replies: 3 views: 201
mattiasnyc 3 days ago

Hello Fellow Gearslutz! I'm currently waiting on some parts to arrive to finalize my audio setup, but I'd rather not damage...

Bandigo
replies: 4 views: 203
Bandigo 3 days ago

Yo whats up, How you determine this headset/headphone/speaker/monitor is the best for specific...

tokeng00
replies: 2 views: 201
Keith1643 4 days ago

Need any tips that could really allow the vocal to shine

arlingtonmusic
replies: 2 views: 272
CJ Mastering 4 days ago

Currently on REAPER, but it doesn't support post-fader FX.

goom
replies: 9 views: 1,563
goom 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search