The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Sponsored ByThreeBodyTech
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 173 views: 151,754
Tascam238 2 weeks ago

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 129 views: 75,156
jeb stuart 2 weeks ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 149 views: 87,522
Jeff Hayat 18th July 2019

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 84,188
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 39,344
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 41,353
Jules 1st February 2011

Hi I am looking for a piece of / combination of software to mix (i.e. e.q. / compress) my tracks. I could do with it having lots...

LouieLouie
replies: 19 views: 665
Jack101 2 minutes ago

I want to use an Eventide H9 as a line level processor. I understand from the manual that you can input line level as long as you...

prado escondido
replies: 2 views: 631
JaiRamana 39 minutes ago

I own a variety of hardware synths and want to integrate them with my DAW (Ableton Live 9). I want to use my DAW to mix...

Jasper Gray
replies: 35 views: 1,304
HeadlessDinosaur 3 hours ago

Hi I have a problem with getting midi messages out from my DAW to my Casio keyboard. I want to do this to record sounds from...

Artlor
replies: 41 views: 745
Scumbaguk 9 hours ago

Hi everybody, I am almost done with this song which has a mix of singing and rapping. I'm the singer. I have a scheduled...

Big Thier
replies: 14 views: 824
thehightenor 9 hours ago

Hi. I connected a keyboard with my PC via midi USB cable and want to send midi form my DAW to keyboard, so is plays the sound I...

Artlor
replies: 12 views: 592
Artlor 10 hours ago

Hi, I'm new in the home recording field and I have a slight problem. I need to link the RME Fireface802 to another RME AD1-8 DS...

tailokmn
replies: 2 views: 160
pitchbend 11 hours ago

So I've been doing a bit of research lately before I ask a relatively stupid question. So if I had an audio interface with say, 8...

PhillipsLJ
replies: 9 views: 488
Quetz 22 hours ago

Hello I am a total newbie in surround mixing and I have a few questions regarding 5.1 surround set-up in my future studio: 1....

EduardGore
replies: 4 views: 271
mattiasnyc 23 hours ago

Just wondering what the mixing desk in this photo is.

TheCaptain910
replies: 4 views: 395
dcwave 1 day ago

Hi guys, I am new to drums recording and have a question regarding placement of room mics in relationship to my overhead...

lagwagon06
replies: 1 views: 450
Sigma 1 day ago

So being a drummer who plays multiple instruments, i always fashion the idea of making a black metal EP. I cant play the...

Paistemage
replies: 2 views: 586
Paistemage 1 day ago

I would please like to know what leads I need exactly to connect my home stereo to my audio interface and where to plug them,...

clarestar
replies: 17 views: 7,264
adrianww 1 day ago

Hey guys I try to get that radio ready sound? Tried to replicate the drums in this track, I get the patterns correct and...

magik87
replies: 3 views: 318
BT64 1 day ago

So ! its my first post ! I currently have the Presonus 16r to run 3 stereo IEM mixes for my X3 PSM...

rotaxhead
replies: 3 views: 329
DownTheLine 1 day ago

Folks, I'm in the process of building out a home studio (I'll add some photos to that section when I have some time), and I'm...

CasperDC
replies: 2 views: 483
CasperDC 1 day ago

I can hear my tracks in Reaper as well as my two keyboards through my new UMC1820 (using headphones), but I can't hear anything...

greggcain
replies: 0 views: 514
greggcain 2 days ago

How do you get it? From what I've seen it's super common in metal at least to just convert the bass to midi and use a VST but I'm...

Nightmare Circus
replies: 23 views: 743
Smithburg 2 days ago

Maybe a stupid question, but there's so much gear available, and I don't know where to look. My idea is simple: What I would...

MrMarc
replies: 2 views: 422
MrMarc 2 days ago

I got a new Zoom R24 last week and successfully recorded a multitrack song Saturday, 7 tracks. I wanted to just learn basics...

WiredAcoustic
replies: 2 views: 427
WiredAcoustic 2 days ago

Hey guys. The audio on this video is my first time mixing a full band recording. Is anyone willing to critique it? Don't worry...

konkon
replies: 15 views: 752
bill5 2 days ago

Hello everyone, I am trying to create a video for a song of mine in order to release it on youtube. The idea is just to...

sirabhorn
replies: 1 views: 622
BT64 2 days ago

Hello, Learner here! I am currently mixing a song on reaper that has 2 stereo synth tracks. there is a whistly noise ( super...

sirabhorn
replies: 14 views: 831
sirabhorn 2 days ago

Hi there I am more analogue synth person but here is an example I am havig problems and was hoping for inspiration to where I am...

NARINDER
replies: 6 views: 846
joeq 2 days ago

So, I always thought that a general effect of compression is to make sounds seem more up-front in the mix, which is why it's so...

Proverbalizer
replies: 13 views: 727
Bushman 2 days ago

Hi. I wonder if I can connect with madi a Soundcraft Mini Stagebox 16 direct to rme fireface ufx+ interface and controll the...

mihin
replies: 0 views: 574
mihin 2 days ago

Hey guys, Does USB 2.0 cables make any difference in sound quality when we are talking about MIDI controlers like Launchpad or...

Magic Music Box
replies: 3 views: 498
wrgkmc 3 days ago

Hi Guys Quick question, it is advised that to get a kick drum (for example) to sound fatter one might use a compressor to...

karlamacintyre95
replies: 7 views: 595
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Hi dear gearslutz, there is many advice over the internet about frequencies, loudness, delay etc. for getting depth in the...

Amadeus45
replies: 5 views: 574
Sigma 3 days ago

Hi! I just got my pro tools 12 and I have tried solve that problem couple days allready. Everything seems to be ok, but I just...

Perttu
replies: 7 views: 600
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

So, I’m recording my band’s songs for a future release. I’m using an 8-string guitar in standard tuning with the 7th in B...

tc7four
replies: 3 views: 498
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Hi So hopefully a basic question I have a hardware synth plugging into my audio interface (line in's) and I can't find how...

AMTech
replies: 4 views: 657
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

As the question said.. I struggle to capture a warmer, more full bodied sound through my guitar recordings. I know I don't use a...

sammusicnow
replies: 3 views: 521
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Hi, just curious if anybody could advise on how to make something similar to the main synth / bass sound in this track? Thanks...

HSOC
replies: 0 views: 750
HSOC 3 days ago

Hi! I want to use the Strymon Bigsky reverb as a send in my DAW for VST and hardwaresynths. To do this, I want to send the...

neoking
replies: 5 views: 1,048
BT64 3 days ago

I can find tons of threads and posts about using Pro Tools with multiple displays. What I cannot find are any commentary about...

CasperDC
replies: 5 views: 642
Etch-A-Sketch 3 days ago

Hi everyone! So I was searching Slipperman's recording guitars resource, and the page that hosted it went RIP....

Termogato
replies: 3 views: 770
dc3audio 4 days ago

Hi all! I need help figuring out how to produce thick, wide-sounding synth basses, and I figured there’s no better community...

nnelg
replies: 17 views: 717
Jack101 4 days ago

Please explain, what are the differences between polarity invert and phase invert? Thank you!

Magnetophone
replies: 3 views: 469
ventil 4 days ago

Hi everyone! I was wondering if you can give me a hint where to put saturation in the mixing chain? Before or after the...

schimmelblau
replies: 16 views: 722
schimmelblau 4 days ago

Good day everyone, I need help regarding potential clients. I strictly do demo's, that's my nitch, and get them a great liver...

Basslik
replies: 6 views: 660
EvilRoy 4 days ago

Hello everyone, I am completely lost when it comes to audio. I have a audio clip where something has went bad with the first 6-7...

chaseuk02
replies: 3 views: 537
David W. Jones 4 days ago

Hey folks, Im wondering what would be the best way to patch some hardware with my current setup. I´m only using DAW for...

RayGrauberger
replies: 5 views: 792
David W. Jones 4 days ago

We're trying to decide between these two products in order to do some demo recording. We have two keyboards, both running stereo,...

greggcain
replies: 0 views: 502
greggcain 4 days ago

Hi, I've been making electronic music and mixing it for 20 years, and my mixes are still terrible. I can watch hours and hours...

greatFox
replies: 16 views: 825
Sigma 5 days ago

Hi, this is my first post on here - not totally convinced it's in the correct place so apologies in advance! I'm just about to...

Jla2019
replies: 0 views: 633
Jla2019 5 days ago

Hi ! I read that balanced cables are better to get rid of potential noise but then the signal gets through more stuff and...

EmilEchal
replies: 4 views: 626
BT64 5 days ago

Hi! I'm trying to find the best solution to hook up my stereo compressor (drawmer dl251) over the neutrick patch bay (trs) to...

AGmixing
replies: 4 views: 736
AGmixing 5 days ago

Excuse me in advance if this is a dumb question. I am just learning all this and want to understand a few things. What do you...

konkon
replies: 21 views: 569
konkon 5 days ago

so i have a ton of compression options ITB but nothing too high end in hardware..dbx 160 etc. i know there are folks who track...

goldenmean
replies: 6 views: 681
Brian M. Boykin 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search