The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 176 views: 180,004
Matt Syson 3 weeks ago

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 142 views: 94,257
bill5 28th January 2020

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 152 views: 111,498
puremix.net 10th January 2020

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 96,159
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 42,428
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 46,988
Jules 1st February 2011

Hello, I'd like some advice and to hear some opinions... My band were supposed to go make a record this week but with the...

MexicanSolicitor
replies: 2 views: 51
MexicanSolicitor 1 hour ago

I'm looking to record (mainly synth/electronica stuff) using external effects units, as I like having the units near the...

EasyToAssemble
replies: 5 views: 147
Wayne 1 hour ago

3/2 or 3/4 time signature which one sounds faster & why

MSF
replies: 5 views: 126
CJ Mastering 2 hours ago

I am really confused as to what's going on, I've recorded countless amounts of vocals in the past and never seen this. Im not...

GraeOC
replies: 51 views: 1,218
joeq 4 hours ago

Can anybody give me any link to music theory group in gearslutz

MSF
replies: 2 views: 232
MSF 4 hours ago

I believe that gainstaging, panning, eq, and compression are the most important things to getting a great mix (in that order)....

avidlistener
replies: 13 views: 716
Frankie Mumbles 5 hours ago
replies: - views: -
Iamduwe 5 hours ago

Whenever I've tried to use a preamp to boost a signal after a passive eq or just to put some grit on digital samples, I get a...

coolname6
replies: 3 views: 53
CJ Mastering 7 hours ago

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions fir a mic/pre amp combination to record crystal singing bowls...

whiterabbitred
replies: 4 views: 1,609
singingbowlz 8 hours ago

Hi folks, I realize this is probably a no-brainer to anyone more experienced, so thanks for your patience. I'm working...

djchimneysparrow
replies: 3 views: 142
CJ Mastering 9 hours ago

So Focusrite offers a couple of studio bundles with a CM25 mic and HP60 mk3 headphones. ~$220 for the Solo bundle. Audient has...

kes_
replies: 3 views: 148
CJ Mastering 9 hours ago

Hello I am expecting a single Yamaha HS8 monitor that will arrive soon. My goal is to mix with the single monitor but I am...

MarathonMan
replies: 2 views: 108
MarathonMan 14 hours ago

Good day all, I was hoping y'all could help me out. My daughter has a beautiful voice and can play the piano beautifully...

JVocals
replies: 1 views: 118
bmanzer 19 hours ago

I have the Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd generation and I have installed and uninstalled Focusrite Control - 3.5.0.1754 at least 6...

RayRaySr
replies: 1 views: 112
MrKahuna 22 hours ago

Anyone know where to get these, or does anyone have a used set they're wanting to sell? The KIQProductions.com page doesn't seem...

jonpaulr123
replies: 1 views: 159
joeq 1 day ago

Hello fellow Slutz, If this is the wrong place to post this, please let me know and I will move it. This may be a little...

Mekka
replies: 0 views: 108
Mekka 1 day ago

Hi There :) So I'm a complete newbie to music and thought I'd learn the keyboard so I got one that I thought would last me...

rednewt
replies: 10 views: 284
Owen L T 1 day ago

Hey guys, this is probably just due to some dumb oversight of mine but I'm kind of baffled so thought I'd ask here. Your first...

arealfool
replies: 10 views: 245
bgrotto 1 day ago

Just trying to compare and gather ideas. I gain stage to about the same level for all of my mixes for tracks and instruments that...

SkubaSteve
replies: 1 views: 152
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

I had bought a Behringer UMC204 to monitor my drum software which I'm triggering via e-drums. initially I was just sending...

Polyphonics
replies: 2 views: 273
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

.... and a mix bus compressor/limiter. The SSL E-Channel, the SSL Buss compressor, and a the loudmax (free L1 limiter clone) is...

Nightmare Circus
replies: 0 views: 126
Nightmare Circus 1 day ago

Hi, i'm pretty new on the recording stuff front, i've been a singer for a long time so the problem could easily be solved and it...

reefy
replies: 26 views: 61,240
Manni1 1 day ago

Greetings Forum, Not sure under which forum section I should post requests for help with my mix? Andy

whitander
replies: 3 views: 705
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

I spent the past 10 years in medicine and want to explore analog sequencers as a side hobby. I am trying to research the best...

thatkidmike
replies: 2 views: 559
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hi, Thanks to all the advice I received on this board, last year I purchased a pair of Line Audio CM4 microphones. I use them...

Ben Marcato
replies: 19 views: 1,007
waldie wave 1 day ago

I've been mixing this rock record that has all sorts of room mics, close mics such as kick in and kick out tracks, multiple...

avidlistener
replies: 7 views: 219
joeq 1 day ago

It's for my house. I realized I can't have a lot of instruments in my space, but want something that's flexible in terms of...

HandBanana
replies: 2 views: 151
HandBanana 2 days ago

Hi all. Let me start by saying that I'm a complete noob. Father and over-40, but green in audio recording. A few months ago I...

themuffinmaker
replies: 3 views: 177
joeq 2 days ago

Hey folks - hope you can help...I'd like to use my xp-60 as a controller for the sounds inside Cubase - actually, simply just a...

mattdaddy1970
replies: 4 views: 456
mattdaddy1970 2 days ago

I’m setting up an acoustic grand piano recording, I’ve got a pair of Neumann km185s close mic’ing the hammers. Going...

tomkin123
replies: 7 views: 226
tomkin123 2 days ago

Hello, audio community, These days, I've been seeking through the web, in order to find out : A Neve 82 32 - Manual in...

BenitoElMexicano
replies: 2 views: 642
slprice90 2 days ago

I’ve heard through the grapevine that stereo delay(haas effect) and reverb is a disaster on mono speakers so will making the...

PROPHET IX
replies: 6 views: 267
JonnieK 2 days ago

Can anyone ID the synth used in this track? Sin Falta (aka Joy Orbison) – Diamonds Sound like a modular synth but wonder if...

decimal
replies: 0 views: 129
decimal 2 days ago

I've been trying to figure out from what stems the vocal "artifact" you can hear in this song at the timestamp...

Samul
replies: 0 views: 185
Samul 2 days ago

Hello all, So I have a new Midas 32 live to work with, since we can't be hanging together or traveling my friends have been...

CM1productions
replies: 0 views: 119
CM1productions 2 days ago

Greetings Recording a song w/fingerpicking accoustic guitar using a km184 via RM Babyface into Reaper, I'm noticing distorion...

Flippo
replies: 50 views: 1,039
Flippo 2 days ago

Hello, im enjoying the UAD Software and all that comes with it. Only I continuously face one problem. When recording a vocal...

Smow19
replies: 1 views: 134
Smow19 3 days ago

Hi I’ve been using Diva. I’m familiar with fm synthesis concept but I still find it hard to tweak especially the label part...

caton
replies: 11 views: 747
caton 3 days ago

Hi there, I've bought a Zoom H4N Pro to record v/o's at home and I'm VERY new to home recording. I've a very...

simondpl
replies: 0 views: 116
simondpl 3 days ago

I found this comment on youtube that the console/circuitry convolution samples hidden away in Logic X Space Designer can give...

Bambra
replies: 0 views: 146
Bambra 3 days ago

Hey, I'm using Sonarworks Reference 4 software which corrects audio signal -> then it goes to my DAC (Scarlett 6i6) ->...

Snoopp
replies: 0 views: 129
Snoopp 3 days ago

Hi! I am a part of electronic duo and we're planning to start playing live. In order to do so, we need to rehearse. We make our...

hsignals
replies: 0 views: 134
hsignals 3 days ago

I've been using this mic setup for recording guitars. Got lucky enough to have a friend store his AC30 at my house so now I have...

SometimesAlways
replies: 2 views: 226
Avatar for BlueLab | Audio Plugins
BlueLab | Audio Plugins 3 days ago

I've been listening to Ulla's Tumbling Towards A Wall lately (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvTvN0e5iz0) and there's something...

jeremycsf
replies: 2 views: 206
JonnieK 3 days ago

Hi everyone, Can somebody tell me what's the time signature of this loop?

CurveOne
replies: 4 views: 276
Owen L T 3 days ago

Greetings to you all, This is my first post after hours and hours of trawling the web I thought this forum was most likely to...

Reamonnt
replies: 10 views: 2,808
naphta 3 days ago

Hey guys, today I was thinking about Pre and Post Fader option in the sends, something I never fully understood and I've...

Gians
replies: 5 views: 354
Brent Hahn 4 days ago

Hello. As the title is probably explaining everything already. I need help in identifying the name of instruments in a song...

Khariis
replies: 8 views: 334
Khariis 4 days ago

Hello everyone ! I just registered on this forum :) So here's the deal. I'm a french student in a sound mixing and producing...

Blouby
replies: 2 views: 209
Blouby 4 days ago

Hello guys, we wanted to share this new article where you can learn about song structure! Take it away right here HERE...

puremix.net
replies: 0 views: 153
puremix.net 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search