The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Sponsored ByThreeBodyTech
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 149 views: 84,432
Jeff Hayat 13 hours ago

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 125 views: 71,994
elegentdrum 3 weeks ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 168 views: 147,442
nosebleedaudio 9th April 2019

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 81,598
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 38,166
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 40,234
Jules 1st February 2011

Hello! Currently i'm using Steinberg UR28M for year and a half and totally satisfied with this soundcard. Build quality is...

Eugenekarnak
replies: 3 views: 208
BT64 44 minutes ago

Hello everyone. I've been listening to a lot of thee oh sees and when they play live John Dwyer deepthroats the sm57 or beta...

ReeceCarter2509
replies: 1 views: 217
BT64 51 minutes ago

Hi everyone -- I want to record a small vocal group in M/S stereo format. I plan to use a "Y" cable to split the...

MichaelK
replies: 3 views: 301
BT64 53 minutes ago

Hi there! I'm currently recording a podcast using a Shure SM57 through a Behringer UMC22 interface. The issue I have is...

Tomdan
replies: 5 views: 644
sirjuxtable 2 hours ago

Long story short, I'm not trained at all and don't plan to be, but I love making music and learning about production. I know my...

cheguevara93
replies: 10 views: 698
bill5 4 hours ago

Hello guys I'm getting a really annoying white noise/hiss in the background of my recordings. I can hear this noise while...

danportillog
replies: 2 views: 172
Bushman 5 hours ago

Hey, I was watching the behind the scenes of "I Like Me Better" and found out that the "drop" melody is...

lukeforester1
replies: 0 views: 178
lukeforester1 7 hours ago

I've been bedroom recording and mixing for about a year now. I've made a lot of improvement I guess but I'm still at a loss why...

D3M0T1VAT3D
replies: 27 views: 708
Bushman 8 hours ago

Unbeknownst to me (mostly because I didn't even know to look for it), the 202HD (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QHURUBE/)...

Haxasaurus
replies: 3 views: 391
Haxasaurus 8 hours ago

Hi, I just recently bought an ID14 and have spent well over 10 hours trying to get the bloody thing to work. I've already looked...

Kekidesu
replies: 8 views: 583
Kekidesu 12 hours ago

Hey guys! I need some noobie help... Is there any way to calculate if a audio interface can drive a high impedance...

Anthesi
replies: 3 views: 380
CJ Mastering 14 hours ago

For the longest time, I have been mixing electronic and sampled drums. Recently I hired a real drummer to lay down some tracks...

mixing_man_200
replies: 1 views: 248
CJ Mastering 14 hours ago

Hey I am doing a mix where a client likes the digital artifacty dirty distortion of an L1 plugin, with too much limiting going...

phillus
replies: 1 views: 390
David W. Jones 15 hours ago

Hi Slutz I'm currently trying to make my basic drum recordings sounding a bit more punchy with Slate Digital's Trigger 2...

Deleted 76d1bd4
replies: 8 views: 727
phillus 16 hours ago

As I'm building my studio (finished up pretty much) I've been reading extensively on the whole mixing thing, watching tons...

Nuieve
replies: 143 views: 7,099
theblue1 16 hours ago

Hey Guys, can anyone tell me the formula how to calculate the best distance between a bassdrum and a condenser mic to record...

RayGrauberger
replies: 5 views: 387
deedeeyeah 17 hours ago

Hey guys, new to posting, but have been lurking here for a while. I've been recording with a Focusrite 2i4 for the past two years...

tomcrook
replies: 3 views: 617
RyanM 17 hours ago

Hi, I have a external preamp (wa273) and UR242 interface I connected a XLR cable from UR242 input 1 to line output 1 on WA273 and...

aviorrok
replies: 2 views: 622
CJ Mastering 21 hours ago

Hi, How can I make a warm guitar like here. I think the “warm” come from hardware effect like reverb and compressor. Can...

aviorrok
replies: 5 views: 481
CJ Mastering 21 hours ago

This guitar tone is ridiculously awesome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaiE42wl5rs I have heard rumors that he got this...

foul_owl
replies: 12 views: 533
Gideon K 1 day ago

Anton has always had a non professional approach to recording, and I love this kick sound even though I think it sounds...

SometimesAlways
replies: 2 views: 398
pquinn 1 day ago

Hey all. Recently started coming here and I gotta say this forum is full of very smart people. The internet is awesome. What was...

musicisfun
replies: 21 views: 723
SometimesAlways 1 day ago

Hi, I'm wondering how I can set up the SSL SiX to be able to easily process electronic recordings from Ableton Live directly...

J3WWWX
replies: 4 views: 408
DirkP 1 day ago

I am looking for some advice as to how to capture a rock drum sound with just five microphones. Here is what I have to work...

trmckenz
replies: 18 views: 495
jammiedodger666 1 day ago

Hi all, I only just got back into music and re-installed pro tools. I was wondering if there was somewhere I could...

dbh22
replies: 4 views: 757
Will Blackburn 1 day ago

In the mixer there is already a standard reverb channel but I want to use my own reverb because I want to put it in a room with...

camomiletea
replies: 22 views: 746
Owen L T 1 day ago

Hello there! I just finished build my studio, made it for producing music and practice, and sometimes rehearsals.. and I...

shimoyjk
replies: 22 views: 751
shimoyjk 2 days ago

I'm talking in particular about a few seconds of recording that completely blew me away: this. The tone is just crushing. I know...

Darth_Sushi
replies: 0 views: 324
Darth_Sushi 2 days ago

Hi guys !! This is my first post because I've reading similar posts but I still don't fully understand. I have a piar of...

dava92
replies: 5 views: 404
dava92 2 days ago

so i have a Akg c314 and am using a 710 twin finity pre into apollo twin and Ableton on a 2015 MacBook pro, i'm not getting the...

Artcutech
replies: 4 views: 985
gearstudent 2 days ago

Hello there. This is my first foray into somewhat higher end studio equipment. I'm considering picking up some Sennheiser HD...

Colesy
replies: 3 views: 476
Colesy 2 days ago

Is there a way to know know at what volume does the room bass start to affect what you're getting from the monitors? I only...

goom
replies: 7 views: 493
Prodba 2 days ago

Hello... I have a home theater that was built a few years ago upstairs that was acoustically treated as a wonderfully dead...

Ecnarps
replies: 3 views: 500
Ecnarps 3 days ago

Hi Guys, In my studio, I have an entry level audiophile system, where I listen to music in my free time. I had this crazy...

snaper
replies: 3 views: 379
ventil 3 days ago

Hey guys I've tried a couple of combinations but can't find the 4 chords in the...

newspapers
replies: 1 views: 578
12tone 3 days ago

Hi guys, I have been advised a lot about this site, so that's why I'm here to ask my question. I want to know, especially on rap...

Alek.sy
replies: 4 views: 403
Alek.sy 3 days ago
replies: - views: -
heavystylus 3 days ago

Ok so first post here. I’ve creeped for a long time and learned lots. Over the last couple of years I’ve gotten into...

Snoochie
replies: 5 views: 469
Wayne 4 days ago

Is it possible to bypass the preamps on my Zoom H6 ? I was wondering if I could use external preamps on the H6 for quieter...

marcberez
replies: 10 views: 14,357
yellowbird1 4 days ago

Hi guys! Anyone familiar with Apple iOS' "Late Night" EQ that's not an EQ but actually a compressor? I'm...

MJ_Chile
replies: 17 views: 714
MJ_Chile 4 days ago

This is probably a really stupid question, but I’m going to ask it anyway. So I was watching tutorials on mixing and I notice...

magik87
replies: 13 views: 831
lumpcalhoon 4 days ago

Hey everyone. New to this forum and loving it already. I see a lot of people suggesting using reference tracks when mixing,...

Ecnarps
replies: 12 views: 673
sacksey 4 days ago

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to read my post, any input is greatly appreciated! I would like some input on how best to...

ButerscotchJones
replies: 3 views: 585
ButerscotchJones 4 days ago

Hi there, Often I come across the advice to record the levels in your DAW with plenty of overhead. And I agree. Watch out...

BT64
replies: 5 views: 461
Wayne 4 days ago

Hey Everyone: Brand new Windows 10 computer and Scarlett 2i4. I have a pair of Mackie studio speakers, but am not sure how to...

Airyplh
replies: 2 views: 589
jerry123 4 days ago

I've had a look about but couldn't find a direct answer to this. Simple Question: If the signal is coming out of a summing...

soldat
replies: 0 views: 490
soldat 4 days ago

Hi, just wondering if anyone can point me towards what kind of drum is playing the roll of the kick in this loop? I've been...

gorillaknuckles
replies: 0 views: 434
gorillaknuckles 4 days ago

I want to do a few voice overs and bought a RODE NTG2 SHORT SHOTGUN MICROPHONE. I thought I would be able to simply plug it into...

Franks Voice
replies: 8 views: 595
cpcohen 4 days ago

I have a Marshall AS 50R which I use as a vocal amp during band rehearsals, with a Sure SM58 connected to the XLR input. Our...

benawhile
replies: 8 views: 520
cpcohen 4 days ago

What are the different purposes of these and in which situation should I use which? Using virtual instruments I find LC and HC...

Bomberjacket
replies: 17 views: 748
Bomberjacket 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search