The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 140 views: 83,259
Etch-A-Sketch 3 weeks ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 151 views: 96,926
Wayne 4 weeks ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 173 views: 163,070
Tascam238 9th September 2019

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 89,271
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 40,731
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 43,726
Jules 1st February 2011

So I've been playing in a band for a year and a half now, and had experience in recording in different studios and listening to...

desined
replies: 3 views: 379
Wayne 1 hour ago

Hi all, apologies if this is the wrong forum. I'll admit, I only really bought this Scarlett 2i2 to plug in monitors to my...

orklykid
replies: 3 views: 364
Monk u 1 hour ago

Hey guys, maybe you could give me some pointers. I use a Pro Tools HD interface to work with and do everything in pro tools but...

Doobity
replies: 2 views: 49
Doobity 1 hour ago

Question for Babyface users: I would like to know if it's possible to use it with external hardware (like a compressor, gate,...

scottstoked
replies: 5 views: 2,363
goom 3 hours ago

Does anyone have a good source for a newbie to learn vocal recording techniques? Videos, articles, etc. Thanks!

Tahoebrian5
replies: 6 views: 376
arsomartinera 4 hours ago

I've been slowly building up my little studio for a while. Getting some nice results & learning a whole lot too. Looking...

Val Diaz
replies: 9 views: 438
RightOnRome 6 hours ago

Hello GS, I'm a Berklee student who is a broke jazz player with tuition debts and worse, a gear slut. I have a pair of Dynaudio...

MinamiChan
replies: 5 views: 234
MinamiChan 10 hours ago

Hi there! I'm looking for a good mic to record acoustic instruments (Mandolin, Guitar, Violin, Flute), Upright Piano, Male...

susumusic
replies: 2 views: 207
Ken Lusk 11 hours ago

Hi, I've been doing a recording of 'We Three Kings of Orient Are' for the Librivox project. I've recorded the backing track...

TygerTung
replies: 0 views: 191
TygerTung 14 hours ago

Hi all, i hope this is the correct area to post, apologies if not. i have just got down my supernova 2 from my mums attic...

Behnam
replies: 2 views: 324
exwel 15 hours ago

Hey guys and gals. I am about to move my band from a Yamaha system to the X32 Rack and SD16 stagebox. I need to accomplish this...

mikekay
replies: 0 views: 259
mikekay 17 hours ago

Hi guys Does anyone know of or can recommend a Youtube or similar style amateur tutorial for beginners to learn how to create...

deuce42
replies: 2 views: 308
Tobias Enstrom 18 hours ago

Hello all, I have a bunch of various types of cassette recordings of my 90's band that I wish to transfer to digital. They...

YDrecords
replies: 1 views: 340
soundebler 1 day ago

Hello, I am trying to figure out the best way to put together a simple practice setup - utilizing only headphones to listen to...

Amphetamine
replies: 0 views: 220
Amphetamine 1 day ago

Hey y'all, I recently upgraded my Mac to Catalina so that I could take advantage of some of the accessibility options. So...

ProfTex
replies: 2 views: 199
ProfTex 1 day ago

Hi! I have a Macbook Pro Retina Late 2014, Yosemite OSX 10.10.5 and I have problems with my scarlett 18i20, this worked fine...

gabt
replies: 9 views: 8,095
csperanza 1 day ago

I am new to audio recording so can anyone give me some advice? I am currently planning to get a Focusrite Scarlett or a...

EriksBlue
replies: 7 views: 235
Amsoily 1 day ago

I just ordered another compressor. This one is a stereo compressor and has an unblanaced trs input and output per channel. I want...

camomiletea
replies: 67 views: 1,119
12ax7 1 day ago

Hi everyone, My current setup for band live rehearsals and recording is a UMC1820 interface with an ada8200 as an extension....

t0omas
replies: 2 views: 173
t0omas 1 day ago

Hello Slutz! Firat off any guidance is much appreciated, i dont use internet forums as much as i should/or unless im really...

dafendrz
replies: 1 views: 433
amichaela 1 day ago

This topic has been beaten to death, or at least I have read a lot about it and mostly come away with 50% saying it does not...

Princeton.Verb
replies: 2 views: 198
Princeton.Verb 1 day ago

hello, if usually or most often a mix doesn't exceed 16-track to 24-tracks including 8-tracks connected at the inputs like...

walidantar
replies: 5 views: 474
Quetz 2 days ago

Hi all, this is my first post on this forum so please allow how stupid i may sound. I am fairly new to the mixing game but i...

OL1BAR
replies: 4 views: 458
joeq 2 days ago

Hi all Help! I am into rob, rap and afrobeat Pop music. Time to upgrade my home studio. I have the option of buy second of...

THINKAIR
replies: 2 views: 380
THINKAIR 2 days ago

Hello dear friends I need desparately your help Lng story short I went to a studio ,we made recordings and finaly we...

kapsiras
replies: 2 views: 330
joeq 2 days ago

Hello everyone, First of all, thank you to anyone who takes the time to read and/or reply to my post here. I appreciate the...

abovetheclouds
replies: 3 views: 294
Quetz 2 days ago

I recently found a Behringer ADA8000 lying around at work and was able to take it home. It gave me a hard time to set up at first...

Jtizzle
replies: 3 views: 285
Scumbaguk 3 days ago

When you do sidechain compression, do any of you guys ever think about using different pumping amounts for low and high...

handbookofmagic
replies: 3 views: 390
DomiBabi 3 days ago

Hello, i wanted to ask what the idea battery powered live set up and workflow would be for a group ( singer, 2 Guitars,bass and...

SkyStudios
replies: 1 views: 420
joeq 3 days ago

Hello!! First post here. I just purchased an SM7b for main vocal recording in our studio. I’ve heard and read great...

kc8302
replies: 16 views: 551
kc8302 3 days ago

(I posted this in the forum "Newbie Audio Engineering + Production Question Zone" but I just got invited in this forum...

e95e
replies: 10 views: 410
joeq 3 days ago

Hi everyone, Most of the time I can find answer on any question by just googling it, but this one is tough, so I would really...

dreamventure
replies: 1 views: 359
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Hi everyone, i've always started a mix like that: 1.All the faders down to -inf and start bringing them up one by one...

MikeAGV
replies: 10 views: 455
joeq 3 days ago

Hello everyone, For quite a while I've been mystified with how Serban has crazy wide sounding bass on some of his mixes. A few...

JanetB
replies: 5 views: 499
JanetB 3 days ago

Hi, it always seems to be impossible for me to edit my acoustic guitar or vocal recording in a song where this is in focus of...

kwaem
replies: 14 views: 608
kwaem 3 days ago

Hi guys. I think the topic says it all. I have multiple .wav's I want to play with using my midi keyboard. I prefer a free VST,...

Lucifer
replies: 6 views: 433
gminorcoles 3 days ago

I have a question about multi-channel bass mixing. I don't mean double-tracked in the sense of multiple performances; instead...

BrentD
replies: 1 views: 245
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

I am using massive x in logic pro x. there is no automation. every time i play it back the midi notes play at a random volume...

colbykeyz
replies: 2 views: 516
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Hey, I’ve tried looking around and reading some forums but I am still quite confused.. I have a couple of mic preamps but...

mikeandrews
replies: 1 views: 463
astralpen 3 days ago

Hey guys i have a focusrite scarlett 18i8 and just started buying outboard hardware for conpression and eq out of the box post...

Tryptaview
replies: 3 views: 553
BT64 4 days ago

Hi! I´m only used to recording myself rapping, so the dynamic range there is, shall we say, limited. But today I recorded...

wagninger
replies: 5 views: 555
yolo123123123 4 days ago

Hey guys, i know that in the Paz meter, in RMS mode, the orange bars on the side are reading peak signals from the L and R and...

Ssublett
replies: 7 views: 305
Ssublett 4 days ago

Apologies if this post is in the wrong place or relevant to equipment that is too old! The cdj 1000 (mk3) provides information...

quarkrad
replies: 0 views: 373
quarkrad 5 days ago

I inserted ES2 and disabled everything so that there is only a sign wave. A4 on the keyboard seems to produce the desired 528Hz...

ty604
replies: 0 views: 457
ty604 5 days ago

hi folks - just finished a song using real instruments in garageband and now realise that its too slow. short of re-recording the...

moongod
replies: 8 views: 333
joeq 5 days ago

Hi fellow slutz!! I'll jump right in. If I have multiple tracks sending to the same reverb send and need to make separate wet...

ZachSingsThings
replies: 3 views: 336
Wayne 5 days ago

Can anyone share some thoughts as to how the reverb on this snare might be done? Is that a gated plate?

prophet
replies: 2 views: 443
Wayne 5 days ago

Hey there! I'm going to ask some stuff which may seem incredibly rudimentary to you all, and I'm gonna use a lot of words to do...

Kyamcalvert
replies: 3 views: 335
standingwave 5 days ago

basically I am studying audio engineering at university and I have a signal flow exam coming up.I was wondering if there's any...

sense_12
replies: 5 views: 790
sense_12 5 days ago

I have a Soundcraft Signature 22 MTK desk. Because it doesn't have inserts, I'm sending aux 1 & 2 to a dbx 266xl...

jsaipe
replies: 2 views: 333
jsaipe 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search