The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 181 views: 195,597
nosebleedaudio 22nd May 2020

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 146 views: 105,948
aljoy13 8th April 2020

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 152 views: 124,272
puremix.net 10th January 2020

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 102,521
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 44,620
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 50,254
Jules 1st February 2011

Hi! Do you have any suggestions on how to approach mixing and mastering when trying to achieve this...

VP_Music
replies: 15 views: 336
audioloud 10 minutes ago

Hello everybody! I am new in the forum and this is my first thread howdy I am filled with doubts so I wonder if some of you...

MartinCT
replies: 30 views: 618
MartinCT 18 minutes ago

Hi all... I have a pair of Yamaha ns20m (i know ive had them 33years.. just saying that makes me wonder if having monitors that...

bassface1
replies: 24 views: 213
CJ Mastering 58 minutes ago

I am planning out my gear set up for the new (first) studio when it is built, I can go into more detail (and this might sound a...

Philbop
replies: 4 views: 125
CJ Mastering 1 hour ago

Hello everyone, I have recently purchased an RME UFX+ audio interface for a small home studio as an upgrade from a Presonus...

mrpiano
replies: 12 views: 248
CJ Mastering 1 hour ago

Would there be any potential issues sending a mix through outboard gear then blending that track with the original? And if not,...

konkon
replies: 14 views: 235
Karloff70 2 hours ago

Hi all, hope you're doing well Noob question from a noob, I'm fairly new to audio production and I've been focusing alot on...

Archon1985
replies: 1 views: 72
Wayne 6 hours ago

I know this may seem like a silly question, however, I really want to learn the details in the following differences if...

konkon
replies: 5 views: 161
konkon 6 hours ago

Hi, i'm pretty new on the recording stuff front, i've been a singer for a long time so the problem could easily be solved and it...

reefy
replies: 28 views: 71,096
SLEY 12 hours ago

This is probably a really stupid question, but I’m going to ask it anyway. So I was watching tutorials on mixing and I notice...

magik87
replies: 15 views: 1,657
CJ Mastering 15 hours ago

I'm having an issue where my mix will sound great on my monitors, but then when bouncing and listening on my computer speakers or...

foul_owl
replies: 8 views: 195
foul_owl 16 hours ago

With phase issues and the psycho acoustics of hearing a sound on both sides creating an increased perception of volume, and most...

davidtmaclay
replies: 2 views: 130
CJ Mastering 23 hours ago

A stupid question, sure, but for some reason it bothers me. :) Is it okay to set 0 ms pre-delay for reverb? I did exactly...

E.C.
replies: 9 views: 315
E.C. 1 day ago

Hi guys! I recently purchased a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, under the impression I could record into the Scarletts preamps, come...

WhaleDag
replies: 2 views: 90
WhaleDag 1 day ago

When you're producing, do you like to put your kick front or center, or do you go for a little further back in the mix? I feel...

Wolf LeProducer
replies: 13 views: 435
edva 1 day ago

I'm not sure what the word for this is. So I don't know what to research. A friend recently gave me a pop song to write and...

brodieskiddlz
replies: 3 views: 194
gearstudent 1 day ago

Hey guys I am an aspiring engineer, I will be attending school in the fall to obtain a certificate in audio engineering. The...

Gameboi Advance
replies: 18 views: 1,213
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hello Gearslutz. I am working on a song and for the vocals i am really trying to get a particular effects/chains. I know...

s4ndr0w
replies: 6 views: 144
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hello guys, I am in a bind here as a newb trying to get a pair of speakers from focal. What do you guys think of the Sopra N1...

androcci
replies: 2 views: 257
Superpiano 1 day ago

Can someone critique this mix and also the mastered version? Is there anything wrong with this initial mix in the first...

konkon
replies: 0 views: 110
konkon 1 day ago

I'm an acoustic artist (guitar and vocals), but given that I'm recording from home, I need to write/input drums via MIDI. I have...

merco19
replies: 4 views: 174
merco19 1 day ago

Hi, I'm new to using software synths in my DAW, which is Reaper. in some of the free VSTi's I've downloaded, the GUI...

scottR
replies: 2 views: 106
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hi all, So I am making an installation where I will have a load of balloons with contact mics inside of them being swayed by...

personanonymous
replies: 9 views: 179
personanonymous 1 day ago

Hi, I have WA273 preamp with no effect connected (EQ, compressor) what is the difference if I level up input and...

aviorrok
replies: 2 views: 138
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

I’m going to mixing my own album (hip hop/singing over two track beats), and one thing I’ve always struggled with is...

Vocalrecording
replies: 5 views: 501
RobertRyda 1 day ago

Hello! I recently bought a Sure SM7b to use with my Behringer UMC1820 audio interface. However, I realized the microphone is...

halloy
replies: 3 views: 145
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

So i finally got the rig i was hoping for apogee ensemble, shelford channel.... but i feel like im still missing an API2500...

Spano
replies: 1 views: 88
Spano 1 day ago

My current signal chain is: Rode NT1-A -> WA12 pre-amp -(via line input to bypass Saffire pre-amp)--> Focusrite Saffire Pro...

kompulsive
replies: 1 views: 104
BT64 2 days ago

My goal is to write string quartet movie soundtrack style pieces. I have a JV-1080. I want to try and get the best...

foul_owl
replies: 10 views: 441
foul_owl 2 days ago

I am 21 years old. I used to listen to a lot of music really loudly growing up with my ipod earbuds. Stupid stupid stupid....

aspen1135
replies: 19 views: 6,211
bill5 2 days ago

Hi All, I'm new to this forum but I'm a relatively experienced producer. For years I've been using Focusrite gear with PCs...

Calcutec
replies: 9 views: 270
Calcutec 2 days ago

I am an amateur and you will never hear my music on the radio or Youtube, but.....I love recording. Having two UA Apollo...

Amusong
replies: 19 views: 1,002
Melgueil 2 days ago

I've been recording for a while now, and I'm wondering what plugs or techniques people use to achieve a happy balance between the...

daveasdf
replies: 5 views: 220
joeq 2 days ago

Okay, so I recorded myself doingthis piano/vocal recording extremely quickly, so there some pops and maybe even some clips in...

Limetree
replies: 10 views: 8,741
joeq 2 days ago

Hi All, I was reading a thread where someone mentioned directing the ear. On my last few tracks I automated EQ with cuts and...

Romdave
replies: 10 views: 254
joeq 2 days ago

Hi all, hoping for some advice if possible. Ok, I'm completely new to home recording, so hopefully this isn'ta daft...

hudson1984
replies: 3 views: 179
MikeInOttawa 2 days ago

I've seen a lot but never seen these, anyone who know these?

Dr.Noize
replies: 2 views: 113
Dr.Noize 2 days ago

The Schoeps decca tree set is awsome, but I’m searching for a less expensive one. It’s for recording various orchestra...

mnstudio
replies: 3 views: 636
RayHeath 2 days ago

Should I be summing mono "stems" from the DAW and then do my panning on the mixer? Does sending stereo stems from...

BoomWomb
replies: 2 views: 149
mattiasnyc 2 days ago

hello , howto do the bells verbed plz...

lunecha
replies: 1 views: 149
lunecha 3 days ago

First of all, this is my first post, so I'd like to say hi to everybody. For some time I've planned upgrading my signal chain...

raskol
replies: 3 views: 209
Owen L T 3 days ago

Hi, everything worked like a charm until noon. I used the Audient iD14 since two months now and I had sound. My laptop wasn't...

Deleted 5eec6e9
replies: 11 views: 13,444
ScooterVO 3 days ago

Hey guys I can't seem to find ANY information on this issue anywhere online. I'm using Cubase 5 and there's a large amount of...

karlamacintyre95
replies: 12 views: 603
asicbeast 3 days ago

Hey gearslutz I have my guitar plugged into a Rocktron Intellifex and I have a Mackie 1202-VLZ, a TEAC M-09 and a Fostex VF-80....

butterburroughs
replies: 1 views: 135
Rick Dalton 3 days ago

Presently, I am using an Apogee Element 46, which has a single analog out. Right now, I am running the out direct to some KH310...

Clbraddock
replies: 0 views: 109
Clbraddock 3 days ago

So I have an Avid HD I/O ( 16x16 Analog) - I've been using 2 of the 16 available analog channels as outputs to my monitors,...

Mark1716
replies: 1 views: 149
mattiasnyc 3 days ago

Trying to create a signal route to use my WA-76 as an outboard compressor through my Clarett 4Pre and Ableton. I have the 4th...

alexdoo
replies: 6 views: 190
alexdoo 3 days ago

Hi, I have been reading a bit about recording drums with one or 2 mics as I only have 2 channels on my interface. I came...

panicinbabylon
replies: 3 views: 211
Sigma 3 days ago

I want to record two guitarists playing their parts in the same room at the same time. I will be close-micing each amp but I also...

ratstar
replies: 7 views: 303
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Hello, I am reading the book mixing audio and the compression chapter has brought up some questions with regard to how...

Crandnew
replies: 4 views: 222
deedeeyeah 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search