The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 181 views: 189,261
nosebleedaudio 6 days ago

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 146 views: 101,418
aljoy13 8th April 2020

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 152 views: 119,240
puremix.net 10th January 2020

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 99,762
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 43,439
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 48,774
Jules 1st February 2011

My first post...yikes! I am looking to purchase my first bit of outboard gear. Would it make more sense to purchase two Warm...

MickeyT86
replies: 0 views: 46
MickeyT86 1 hour ago

Hi, I have an abundance of cable that is made for balanced/stereo jacks - it has two conductors plus the screen/ground. I...

lectrojape
replies: 1 views: 95
BT64 3 hours ago

Hey guys, I'm seriously trying to finish my EP and I'm struggling finding proper mix/ master engineers that can get three...

KillianGold
replies: 3 views: 123
Loubot 3 hours ago

Say I wanted to use a beat like Queen's "We Will Rock You". The stomping clap beat. Is that copyrighted? I know if I...

SpencerLevey
replies: 30 views: 14,965
mrfantastic 4 hours ago

My current set up consists of a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface and two Yamaha HS5 Studio Monitors. Currently, the two...

intu1tion
replies: 0 views: 82
intu1tion 7 hours ago

IV been a guitarist for quite a while, thing is, im a beginner in terms of recording techniques. So I have some questions, Iv...

marshallguitar
replies: 1 views: 133
marshallguitar 7 hours ago

I've been reading on a mixing technique called Brauerizing, which is supposed to make your mixes counter-pump, or...

seppemane
replies: 1 views: 145
seppemane 9 hours ago

So I am looking for a new mic pre for my studio to have more diversity. I have a diyre cp5 with a rogue tec passive eq colour mod...

Anakin69
replies: 0 views: 86
Anakin69 12 hours ago

I have a general question about compressors. Has anyone else noticed that when using an 1176 or SSL bus compressor that the...

Milescoolin71
replies: 0 views: 79
Milescoolin71 12 hours ago

I suspect that the answer to this question is mostly a matter of personal preference, but I want to ask it just in case I'm...

jeff367
replies: 10 views: 242
joeq 12 hours ago

Long story short, I have tinnitus, and when using headphones at my PC I try to avoid loud sounds by just having my volume very...

jamesfoley
replies: 13 views: 277
jamesfoley 16 hours ago

Hey gents, I'm new here and didn't know where else to post this so I apologize if it's in the wrong spot. I have a sort of...

Sbiltgen
replies: 13 views: 399
Bushman 16 hours ago

Hey guys, i bought today an used Warm Audio WA 76 Unit, now i am testing it, seems to work fine. I am just wondering about the...

Apache Vibez
replies: 0 views: 82
Apache Vibez 18 hours ago

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing great! I have a problem related to mastering. I am quite a beginner in the art of...

AlexLasslix
replies: 3 views: 185
CJ Mastering 18 hours ago

So for an audio class project I need to reproduce the sound of Led Zeppelin 1 as closely as possible. I have musicians who can...

GiveMeYourGuitar
replies: 47 views: 3,789
Bannny 22 hours ago

Saw a video that said that if you mic one instrument with two microphones, and the two mics are in phase with each other (which...

holesumstew
replies: 17 views: 3,677
Philbop 1 day ago

Hi. so i was wondering if there was a way anyone knew to record using a mic going to my mbox 2 mini and all of its sound drivers...

Kingconquer92
replies: 1 views: 131
joeq 1 day ago

Doubling up on EQs - If I load an EQ and High Pass a track, I obviously reduce whatever was below that filter. I notice that if I...

droscoe
replies: 4 views: 268
joeq 1 day ago

I think I've confused myself. Amateur hobbyist using Cakewalk bandlab. What I used to do: sing vocals ---> select parts...

Samion
replies: 10 views: 363
joeq 1 day ago

Say I've got a rhythm and a lead guitar part, and I've doubled each, here's how I've usually handled this in the mix: 1) bus...

alligatorlizard
replies: 1 views: 179
joeq 1 day ago

Just bought Nagra iv-s which plays pre-recorded tapes back beautifully, but I have no idea how to record...the user manual...

Marco111
replies: 4 views: 1,259
mmdsp 1 day ago

Just bought a set of KM184s. Someone mentioned that these might benefit from a Cloudlifter. I already have a dual Cloudlifter...

chp
replies: 2 views: 132
chp 1 day ago

Hello, and how's your week going? I've been trying to get the Reason Master Compressor to sound like the SSL Bus Compressor...

V.t
replies: 0 views: 128
V.t 1 day ago

Hello, I need couple of mic suggestions for recording deep voices like Leonard cohen. Price range can be between 1k to...

Schumannz
replies: 0 views: 134
Schumannz 1 day ago

Hi! I'm planning to buy a pair of studio monitors (Yamaha HS8) and headphones (Sennheiser HD600). I'm not interested with...

rhkp
replies: 4 views: 219
rhkp 2 days ago

Here's the audio signal gage, or whatever you officially call this. I have Studio One but this is a standard feature for a DAW....

marigolden
replies: 3 views: 152
RyanM 2 days ago

Hello gents' I'm hoping your signal flow expertise can help me here. I'm running a tube mic into an N-sonic N73 (1073 clone)...

Sbiltgen
replies: 0 views: 72
Sbiltgen 2 days ago

I have posted a few questions about problems I was having that turned out to be centred around a defective Oktava microphone that...

Murrfk
replies: 10 views: 507
marshallguitar 2 days ago

Hi, I'm looking for some advice about recording electric guitar directly into an interface using an amp sim. I have a 4.2 GHz i7...

Writing
replies: 10 views: 205
Writing 2 days ago

Hello, Has anybody tried recording a u67 through a Neve 1073 preamp? It seems like it would be a great combination.

gearstudent
replies: 13 views: 712
JohnDrake 2 days ago

Hi all, I recently bought a looper pedal with a drum/rhythm function built which has left and right outputs that can be used to...

Groosome
replies: 0 views: 118
Groosome 2 days ago

So i have an art pro voice channel Compressor, EQ, De-Esser, ETC. I also have all the Fabfilter plugins. My question is should i...

Drho
replies: 5 views: 384
simon.billington 2 days ago

Hi there, So essentially I have a few synths. I just picked up an apollo x 6 but am planning to get a LTL Silver Bullet or...

itscjoy
replies: 1 views: 147
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

Heard it so many times. Last nite on radio with the xx's new song 'say something lovin'. It sounds almost like a whispering on...

Littlemart
replies: 16 views: 2,167
simon.billington 2 days ago

Why not write automation right after I've finished the static mix. Perhaps then I will use smaller eq adjustments after ???

MpaMusik
replies: 7 views: 266
Sigma 2 days ago

When you use a VU meter, is the purpose of it to be reminded to modulate your voice as you speak, meaning to speak more evenly...

marigolden
replies: 3 views: 188
12ax7 2 days ago

I've used ADAT before, but I wonder if I'm using a device like this just for more outputs to my new Motu 8Pre, when the digital...

StanMan
replies: 7 views: 240
BT64 3 days ago

...and run it back into my computer, via either 32 channels from the mixer into the computer, or 2 channels (stereo) back...

Mesmerized
replies: 23 views: 554
BIG BUDDHA 3 days ago

I'm kinda new to Kontakt. I own the full version. This is the deal: I am trying to comp together a percussion line that needs...

ryevick
replies: 0 views: 129
ryevick 3 days ago

Hello everybody. I’m actually a pro-user but Basic vs. Premium differences are a bit confusing and not well documented. I know...

hes_ko
replies: 21 views: 9,018
Warren Duprey 3 days ago

Hi, I’m a newbie to audio interfaces and studio monitors. You guys have probably seen similar questions, but the closest...

JasonFunk
replies: 2 views: 162
JasonFunk 3 days ago

I was wondering if anyone could advise me the best MIDI keyboard for connection with Finale? I have about $1000 to spend. I was...

dhfoster67
replies: 1 views: 130
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Is there a basic or simple calibration for this machine? The service manual calls for use of an extender board which i do not...

jcmusic
replies: 1 views: 310
MoTech 3 days ago

I found out that the whole time I was using the audio interface, the headphone output was not muted, although the headphones were...

Schismatrix
replies: 1 views: 154
BT64 3 days ago

I'm looking at buying a couple pre-amps, can I get by without a lunchbox and plug them both into a power strip, until I can save...

Michael Franklin
replies: 3 views: 190
kuasalogam 4 days ago

I really struggle with percussion the most. How can I improve the overall quality of the...

Pirwa
replies: 2 views: 199
Wayne 4 days ago

Yeah, the old thread type going back many years, but a newer one that hopefully reflects newer gear and my own personal...

LC155
replies: 0 views: 144
LC155 4 days ago

Just recently started getting into recording using Logic. Been reading a ton about interfaces and then realized—not sure I even...

Pamplemousse
replies: 5 views: 277
Audeath 4 days ago

Hi all, I have been researching interfaces for weeks now and I had already pre-ordered the motu m4, but after seeing some...

yazzlo_moon
replies: 2 views: 233
bill5 4 days ago

I'm sick of USB interfaces I have an old guitarport which works but has poor latency. I've tried to upgrade to a better device...

Deleted 5087aa3
replies: 3 views: 197
CJ Mastering 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search