The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 181 views: 190,617
nosebleedaudio 2 weeks ago

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 146 views: 102,453
aljoy13 8th April 2020

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 152 views: 120,404
puremix.net 10th January 2020

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 100,317
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 43,594
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 49,045
Jules 1st February 2011

I realise there are no definitive answers in the mixing world but when do you guys add the compression in the chain? I almost...

redhenry
replies: 1 views: 2
edva 5 minutes ago

Hi! I've grown out of my Scarlett 2i2 and need to upgrade to something with more inputs. I use a Neumann TLM-102 for my vocals,...

beastmadam
replies: 0 views: 1
beastmadam 12 minutes ago

Hello all, Have a simple question here: Do you mix every single song you make? Or mix the ones you put on your...

godmore
replies: 2 views: 132
redhenry 16 minutes ago

I’ve already constructed my own acoustic panels at home with common wood and filled them up with “Rockwool Safe and Sound.”...

intu1tion
replies: 0 views: 1
intu1tion 35 minutes ago

Sup Y’all! I’m looking to upgrade to a higher-quality interface for better AD/DA conversion, but I also want to keep my...

ProducedByML
replies: 0 views: 89
ProducedByML 4 hours ago

Slowly getting a handle on parallel compression. What situations would you want to boost/cut BEFORE or AFTER your comp(on the...

davidtmaclay
replies: 2 views: 179
davidtmaclay 6 hours ago

So I had this weird thing happen that's really bothering me and I cannot find the answer anywhere so I decided to ask here. I...

Snowbr33ze
replies: 18 views: 205
paul o 6 hours ago

Hi, I’m a newbie to audio interfaces and studio monitors. You guys have probably seen similar questions, but the closest...

JasonFunk
replies: 7 views: 283
MogwaiBoy 7 hours ago

Hello I'm very new to recording and I’m wondering if I am doing this properly. I really could use the help because I don't...

Learning007
replies: 0 views: 60
Learning007 7 hours ago

I understand to INS and OUTS, but Can a units Insert sends/returns be top to bottom on same row? Or should one units S/R feed...

wcalderon
replies: 2 views: 147
wcalderon 8 hours ago
replies: 4 views: 341
CJ Mastering 11 hours ago

I recently purchased two KRK Rockit 5 gen4, but am confused on what exactly makes them different from an average home...

jbengelsdorf
replies: 1 views: 82
CJ Mastering 12 hours ago

Hello evrybody, I hope you're doing marvelously well! :-) I am looking to upgrade my home studio equipment for some more...

IndianRunner
replies: 3 views: 142
CJ Mastering 13 hours ago

Hey bros ! Here's the thing. I am having struggles with my kicks, when I hear a track of mine it sounds good with the low end...

Oruam Moss
replies: 2 views: 140
CJ Mastering 13 hours ago

So I’ve searched for this answer and can’t seem to figure out exactly what the answer is. I realize there is a similar thread...

Jawnwolff
replies: 2 views: 162
Wayne 23 hours ago

Howdy Gearslutz, I'm relatively new at the whole audio recording/producing thing. First, I want to say THANK YOU for everyone...

Studio54
replies: 10 views: 280
Sonic Vitriol 23 hours ago

Hey guys, I'm seriously trying to finish my EP and I'm struggling finding proper mix/ master engineers that can get three...

KillianGold
replies: 17 views: 757
elegentdrum 1 day ago

And it's because of the kick, I just realised by only muting the kick (master fader didn't go red) and then soloing it (master...

Felipe Arenas P.
replies: 8 views: 344
MUSICmw 1 day ago

Hi, I record using a MacBook. Lately I have noticed more pops and clicks and I wanted to know if there are any troubleshooting...

askinforafriend
replies: 4 views: 141
MUSICmw 1 day ago

Hey y'all, not sure if this is the right subsection, but I have a troubleshooting issue. I've linked a video below walking...

samueloscar
replies: 0 views: 115
samueloscar 1 day ago

Hey guys, New here and also pretty new to audio set ups so excuses any noob questions. Basically I have 2 krk rokit 5s...

sass
replies: 2 views: 165
willem1958 1 day ago

Hi! I'm just about to be in the hands of a Tascam M-30, 8 channel analog mixer, before I do so I just need some help with...

MitchGreen
replies: 4 views: 4,315
terrible.dee 1 day ago

Hi My newly purchased Adam A7X hiss even when the volume is down. I have searched this topic and after much confusion can...

shapingsoundz
replies: 3 views: 971
Rizzy 1 day ago

I am going to buy this specifically for using vst3's in one of my daws that doesnt support it, but wondering if there is an...

gearzy shore
replies: 2 views: 165
gearzy shore 1 day ago

I've been working in the box for ever and I'd like to learn how to use a large format console. There are some local studios that...

L Audio
replies: 4 views: 258
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

I'm currently playing electric guitar & bass direct in to an entry-level interface (USB 2.0) to my MacBook Pro (i9...

Studio54
replies: 1 views: 127
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

I'm new to this area of audio production.. I found a free vst called "Plogue Alter Ego" that lets you type in lyrics to...

dmiraie
replies: 7 views: 324
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

I recently started getting into using outboard gear in my recordings, mostly on drums and guitar. I love the way it sounds...

erdleturtle
replies: 3 views: 232
BIG BUDDHA 1 day ago

Hi everyone, I have some questions regarding normalization in kind of an atypical situation. I built a raspberry pi based...

nickajeglin
replies: 8 views: 221
nickajeglin 1 day ago

I'm using a PCIE Audio interface to run amp sims. I've got it to run amplitube metal, and amplitube 4 The problem I'm having...

TomJackson
replies: 0 views: 122
TomJackson 2 days ago

Hi there! Will be quick! I finally finished my studio, after 5 months of building. Now I connected all my hardware...

Bob CG
replies: 2 views: 163
Bob CG 2 days ago

SORRY. doubled thread. Bad internet. If any moderator can erase this one... Cheers!

Bob CG
replies: 0 views: 128
Bob CG 2 days ago

Hi Volks, i finally bought me an 500 module with an api 550a and a Elysia mpressor, one word, it sounds amazing, this is the...

Pavilon
replies: 1 views: 682
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

I’m a bit confused about MIDI numbers and how to map functions onto buttons and faders. I. Know certain CC numbers are used for...

willie45
replies: 0 views: 114
willie45 2 days ago

Hello, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6RD6mjiIZE quick question - what would you think makes the sound of this vocal...

aoa1002
replies: 2 views: 173
aoa1002 2 days ago

Wassup, I have a quick question about phantom power. I accidentally shut down the power cable of my pc while my u87 was...

dazelbc
replies: 2 views: 186
tedtan 2 days ago
replies: 2 views: 167
BT64 2 days ago

Hello everyone :chug: while days of researching for audio topics I finally found this awesome forum and hope that my misery...

Milena M
replies: 0 views: 149
Milena M 3 days ago

Hey I have a small private studio I have been building up this last year. I record hard rock music. Pretty much mono tracks only....

Vintage4life11
replies: 20 views: 2,302
mikoo69 3 days ago

Hi Has anyone taken the engineering course by Musician on a Mission and Rob Mayzes Its 400$ It looks interesting but Id...

wizcow
replies: 7 views: 3,141
tommyleaps 3 days ago

New to the forum! I just bought a used Peavey Windsor 100w head and matching cab for a stupid cheap price. I mainly play new age...

tsuggs124
replies: 7 views: 191
Sonic Vitriol 3 days ago

I've been checking out some of the nicer interfaces (UA, Apogee, etc) with two inputs analog inputs and see that they generally...

eric9353
replies: 4 views: 234
Bushman 3 days ago

This is an update to another thread from a few months back where I vented some frustrations with mixing. Here's some things that...

mwtzzz
replies: 0 views: 151
mwtzzz 3 days ago

Hello, I've been looking to buy my first bits of hardware. After some solid days research and endless youtube vids/reviews, I...

music_mademedoit
replies: 1 views: 349
L de Leonard 3 days ago

Hello guys!! Watch a Free 15 Minutes Excerpt 76 Weeks. That's how long the smash hit "I'm Yours," penned by...

puremix.net
replies: 0 views: 134
puremix.net 3 days ago

Hey everyone, I’m currently trying to find out how one could make the lives of beginner producers a lot easier! I hope this...

Simon Johansson
replies: 0 views: 125
Simon Johansson 3 days ago

I have a general question about compressors. Has anyone else noticed that when using an 1176 or SSL bus compressor that the...

Milescoolin71
replies: 5 views: 348
stixstudios 3 days ago

Why might you choose to use a tape plugin to achieve that subtle low end thump rather than just doing a subtle low end boost on...

L Audio
replies: 3 views: 252
skillz335 3 days ago

Hey guys, i bought today an used Warm Audio WA 76 Unit, now i am testing it, seems to work fine. I am just wondering about the...

Apache Vibez
replies: 6 views: 267
skillz335 3 days ago

Would this chain work: 4 drum mics into tascam m208 mixer then two lines out into focusrite audio interface into my Mac...

Jwb
replies: 1 views: 148
Wayne 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search