The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 136 views: 71,414
GautamRoy 1 week ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 152 views: 129,207
mattiasnyc 8th September 2018

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 110 views: 60,630
mikeg.lazer 9th August 2018

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 71,552
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 34,720
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 35,542
Jules 1st February 2011

Hi guys, I would like to buy a good mic for recording vocals at home. What do you recommend around 300 EUR? I am thinking...

lovermusic
replies: 10 views: 259
Bushman 1 hour ago

I need up to date advice about the subject. I'm thinking about getting one or the other. I'm on a budget but I want the...

cuhluh
replies: 25 views: 4,351
NewAllianceEast! 1 hour ago

Hi guys, I would consider myself as an rather advanced mixing engineer, but I still have the problem with "should I dial in...

owhsinchu
replies: 14 views: 807
jammiedodger666 7 hours ago

HI! We are sound engineer students and we are going to do an acoustic recording. So, we want to ask what kind of microphones...

Escivi
replies: 2 views: 149
jammiedodger666 7 hours ago

Kinda stumped here. Really hoping someone could lead me in the right direction. So I have a hybrid setup centered around an...

okturus
replies: 8 views: 322
mattiasnyc 8 hours ago

Good day, thanks for paying attention to my thread. The thing is i am studying mix.engineering and working in headphones for...

Tamer Lane
replies: 36 views: 1,334
Sybille 10 hours ago

I am going to record a few songs from my teenage years. One of the great songs I used to play with my band has a very particular...

Gab_Azz
replies: 0 views: 102
Gab_Azz 12 hours ago

I am going to record a few songs from my teenage years. One of the great songs I used to play with my band has a very particular...

Gab_Azz
replies: 0 views: 82
Gab_Azz 12 hours ago

Hi, sort of a noob question. I have been experimenting with "analog" eq plugins. Waves H-EQ and PuigTec EQP-1A to be...

Tpaone93
replies: 6 views: 220
Owen L T 12 hours ago

stupid question, i just wanna set up my jv 1010 in multi mode (is that what is called performance on the 1010?) but the archaic...

krakapow
replies: 3 views: 1,054
automaticadam 14 hours ago

Hey folks. New to the page as a member. Thanks in advance. So I recently got a hold of a Mac Mini. (Late 2014) It has Usb3...

Theory2002
replies: 1 views: 128
BT64 22 hours ago

I record Rock/Pop Country type tunes and I try to sonically match those genres. I usually hi-pass my final mixes at 20hz which...

bvdd
replies: 23 views: 737
Sigma 1 day ago

Hello As I wrote in the title , I would like to have some opinions about a recording I did of a Bach prelude with a grand...

Lovecraft
replies: 25 views: 395
rumleymusic 1 day ago

Hi guys, I am using acoustics correction software Reference 4 and received an email notification from Sonarworks about a test to...

Fred vom Jupiter
replies: 7 views: 321
Fred vom Jupiter 1 day ago

Hey guys, Recently I've been doing some VO work and have gotten enough money to where I feel I need an upgrade in sound quality...

Caulk
replies: 6 views: 335
Caulk 1 day ago

Hello folks, I need some expertise advice! My bass recordings are just dull & lifeless. Zero harmonics, no resonance,...

MisterCrayle
replies: 40 views: 1,065
Kozmos88 1 day ago

Don't laugh - I'm gear illiterate - Can someone please tell me if the bit/sample rate only apply to the USB interface part of...

SpydaBird
replies: 2 views: 184
SpydaBird 1 day ago

Listen to this track off the Ocean's 12 soundtrack: YouTube I'm curious how to get the compression sound. It's on the drums in...

danielkov86
replies: 7 views: 469
danielkov86 1 day ago

Hi everybody! I have a question about mix bus saturation and I'm having a hard time finding an answer specific to rock and...

Halfstackstudios
replies: 2 views: 325
zukan 1 day ago

Hi, I'm new here, hoping someone can help me. I am recording with Pro Tools 11.2.1 through a Digidesign 003 Rack+ Yesterday...

Slim Pickens
replies: 2 views: 244
Slim Pickens 2 days ago

Thinking of picking up an Audient id14 interface. Anyone have any experience pairing it with low power dynamic mics like the...

WhaleSnake
replies: 5 views: 810
jre96 2 days ago

So here's my situation, i have my guitar directly pluged into my sound interface, and whenever i play my guitar there is a...

Bloodshot vision
replies: 3 views: 323
biscuitdough 2 days ago

Hi guys I have recently gotten the Logitech Z623 And I have been wondering how to connect it to my scarlett studio? I want...

moonsae
replies: 2 views: 209
moonsae 2 days ago

Hi gang, this is not gear related, but it's production related on the business side. Since there are a lot of professionals on...

SixesAndSevens
replies: 0 views: 202
SixesAndSevens 2 days ago

I have been a musican song writer for 10+ years but now i want to get pro with engineering: I will soon be investing in decent...

AstralSlut
replies: 10 views: 1,307
AndreiPiatra 2 days ago

Hello! I’m moving from tape to computer and really like the sound I get from my 24 channel Tascam m2600 analog console. My...

Jjarvire
replies: 0 views: 207
Jjarvire 3 days ago

Hello! I want to sing into a mic and have it come out as live sound. I do not want to record my singing on my laptop. Are...

jade77
replies: 0 views: 207
jade77 3 days ago

Hey there, What would I need to sequence all my synths from the digitakt? My synths only have midi in and midi out, would a midi...

Spergasm
replies: 0 views: 211
Spergasm 3 days ago

I’ve never mixed on a console, and I’m trying to think through a hypothetical mixing scenario to understand what I assume to...

Ravenclaw
replies: 4 views: 295
Ravenclaw 3 days ago

I just wanted to know about the stereo miking techniques for vocals.boing

GautamRoy
replies: 2 views: 217
Bushman 3 days ago

I'm doing my first mixes in mono with just one speaker (avantone mixcube). 2 questions: 1- In your stereo mixing process- ...

atilio
replies: 2 views: 206
atilio 3 days ago

Hi guys, I'm recording some clean electric guitars thru an amp, DI > 1073 > EQ > Compressor > DAW and generally...

Farabut
replies: 14 views: 436
DrAudiospecific 3 days ago

I recently got my hands on a couple VSTs of emulations of old effects hardware (like the Eventide H3000) and then started to...

EurekaSeven
replies: 5 views: 292
Sigma 3 days ago

I can not sync Pinknoise Studio Virology - Kontakt with the Cubase 9 Elements metronome. I tried other library and are perfectly...

Tangentofdream
replies: 0 views: 157
Tangentofdream 3 days ago

Hey my fellow slutzs! So how loud should I record? For example: When I record, I do not use Limiting/Compression,...

AudioFreq
replies: 34 views: 1,158
mattiasnyc 3 days ago

Hi im having problems with making reamp sound good on a metal track hi gain sound. I'm finding amps sound better with guitar...

beatsfromthesun
replies: 5 views: 310
beatfromthesun 3 days ago

Hey everyone! I'm new here and I'm not sure how much of a newbie question this is but, I have a pair of Yamaha HS8 monitors...

draytone_
replies: 8 views: 264
Bushman 3 days ago

Hi gearslutzers! I’m Chris from Rome ITA and this is my second post since I registered here on Gearslutz! Firstly I would...

Chris Tarzia
replies: 9 views: 391
BIG BUDDHA 4 days ago

Aren't these the best settings? 192 sample 32 buffer When I press my keyboard on Logic Pro, the sound I get is...

CuriousYearner
replies: 7 views: 351
BT64 4 days ago

OK, I know there are several different reasons why the production of a Sparklehorse song sounds so good. The main thing I want to...

chrisdvr4
replies: 15 views: 6,515
mikelevitt 5 days ago

Small set of home studio monitors going into zoom r16. Try to turn them up and they crackle and die. Can anyone help

Blarvey
replies: 3 views: 359
open_source 5 days ago

Hi there, I'm looking for an analog synthesizer for driving classic house / tech house basslines. A friend recommended the...

lavince
replies: 2 views: 244
guyacier 5 days ago

For 432 hz tuning I set my temperament to pythagorean because I read it was the best (unless you know better). Below my...

CuriousYearner
replies: 32 views: 604
teleharmonium 5 days ago

Hey, first time posting here. Did some search but haven't found the answer so I would like to ask. tl;dr: Is there any...

thepetr
replies: 7 views: 745
bill5 5 days ago

Hey everyone, I am currently having a really hard time trying to give a short experimental track I created (Kontakt samples) a...

Napfkuchen
replies: 3 views: 289
jammiedodger666 5 days ago

Are the delay vox processed on another channel or something? Plz recommend plugins/techniques to get this specific kind of delay...

thebodyelectric
replies: 1 views: 222
danthonymusic 6 days ago

I''ve got a interesting question for anybody with some experience from a total neophyte. I've got 1 completed and bounced...

azbryanw
replies: 3 views: 316
azbryanw 6 days ago

Greetings all Sorry for the dumb question, but as the title implies, what do you need to connect the MADIFACE XT via PCIe? I'd...

MrAwfulSounds
replies: 0 views: 226
MrAwfulSounds 6 days ago

Hey guys! I'm relatively new at producing music and I still have a long way to go in terms of producing a quality track. I've...

shaunchin
replies: 15 views: 488
shaunchin 6 days ago

Hi guys, Long time viewer for answers, never signed up and posted before, for one because I didn't begin to know enough to...

begals
replies: 10 views: 486
bowzin 6 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search