The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Newbie audio engineering + production question zone

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 101 views: 47,798
bernieesquire 2 days ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 130 views: 109,377
kennybro 3 days ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 128 views: 56,242
El Kuttikhen 3 days ago

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 59,962
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 30,984
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 30,221
Jules 1st February 2011

I'm thinking about getting my first midi keyboard controller but I can't decide whether to get a 37 key or 49 key one. the two...

ASBO
replies: 5 views: 59
onewire 9 minutes ago

I recorded an entire album of guitars. Progressive Power Metal Genre. ie: Scar Symmetry Style. Guitars. And I tracked 7 songs...

EpiphanyOfMusic
replies: 23 views: 595
joeq 13 minutes ago

Ok so I know this is going to come across as being extremely crazy to most of you. Over the course of a few years I've acquired...

Randerson7
replies: 2 views: 81
Randerson7 25 minutes ago

so yes, i'm new to understanding acoustics, etc.; so i'm asking this question - would having an igloo style room be good for...

benroe
replies: 24 views: 461
benroe 1 hour ago

I have a Soundcraft EPM 8. There are two auxiliary sends; what are they and how do I use them? All help is appreciated,...

Charlie Gates
replies: 2 views: 97
Bender412 2 hours ago

If you are reading this, you are new to music production, aka, a Newbie. What are some of the most challenging things you...

Steven Slate
replies: 7 views: 258
vitocorleone123 2 hours ago

Hi everybody! Now I have couple of questions which may or may not sound stupid, so bear with me please. I will be recording...

Tripotnik
replies: 3 views: 103
johnnyv 2 hours ago

Hi, I demoed differents Buss Comp, EQs, Chorus... from different companies (Fabfilter, Cytomic, Waves,...) and I thought...

thelessiknowtheb
replies: 5 views: 87
mattiasnyc 3 hours ago

What do you think about putting a filter on the master and isolate bottom mid and top and finetune (mostly eqing) a finished mix...

andy3
replies: 3 views: 125
wrgkmc 6 hours ago

This is kind of a gaming question, but more to do with the audio setup and stuff so I think this is a good place to look for the...

brendanwhiteman
replies: 4 views: 196
brendanwhiteman 7 hours ago

Hi, I'm based in Northern California, but I go to L.A. for business fairly often and some of my collaborators are located there. ...

Raellic
replies: 3 views: 222
Etch-A-Sketch 7 hours ago

There's a common tone I find in technical music, jazz, metal, fusion, even some soul and R&B bands. Because there are other...

Arr0wHead
replies: 0 views: 77
Arr0wHead 7 hours ago

Hey all. So I am having an ongoing battle trying to get used to this system of signal chain. I play back pre-recorded tracks from...

tjonau
replies: 3 views: 294
cavern 9 hours ago

First off, I do apologize if I've posted in the wrong place. I am having major issues with my Audio Interface, a Steinberg...

sgtspell
replies: 2 views: 147
cavern 19 hours ago

I was wondering if I could get some help hooking up gear to my MIDI interface (motu microlite). I drew a sketch that I have...

turtletree
replies: 12 views: 399
timespy 22 hours ago

Hey folks! I recently got Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Studio audio interface, as I'd like to start recording my guitar and voice,...

_Deutex
replies: 2 views: 172
_Deutex 1 day ago

G’Day all, first time poster! I need to finally get over my anxiety and fear of releasing my music, and start FINISHING SOME...

Ego Toxic
replies: 8 views: 282
johnnyv 1 day ago

I wondered if anyone had any idea what the sounds are at the beginning of this video (in the first minute or so): Article19...

epistrophy
replies: 0 views: 171
epistrophy 1 day ago

Hello guys, I have bought recently an midi foot controller (Korg FC-6) via internet to control my rig on Bias FX. Some days...

Mathost
replies: 0 views: 157
Mathost 1 day ago

I need to make an 8 channel TS to TS snake out of Mogami W2932. The split ends as I call them come out into 3 and not 2 like a TS...

tjonau
replies: 4 views: 249
Wayne 1 day ago

Ok Have been trying to figure out which bass synth is best for reggae dub music (not dubstep) I have had no luck with my...

Reggaeroots14
replies: 3 views: 529
Sound Bwoi Killa 1 day ago

I hope I am in the right section. Apologies if not. I am trying to get recommendations on easy to use recording software. I...

thenry333
replies: 8 views: 278
bill5 1 day ago

Hey there! I just acquired an HH IC 100 GUITAR AMP HEAD and I wanted to use it to track 80s new wave/post punk guitar. How do...

basiroti
replies: 0 views: 184
basiroti 1 day ago

I'm still trying to find out how Pro Tools works in mixing. I make my beats on it as well. When I make a master fader and I put a...

robofficial
replies: 3 views: 236
Sigma 1 day ago

What do you think about checking and changing things on a "finished" mix with the headphones later? Is this a bad...

andy3
replies: 4 views: 265
FreshProduce 1 day ago

You know how the API 6 slot lunchbox has two pass thru channels (7 & 8)? Does a 500-series module exist that gives you the...

buttonjaw
replies: 2 views: 321
buttonjaw 1 day ago

Hi. This is a song of mine. Love Song For Mermaids. I'm having real issues with compressing piano properly, and hoped to get...

tluke
replies: 8 views: 353
bgood 1 day ago

Yo, how are you guys? I use the standard stock compressor plug-in of GarageBand. The presets have all the same parameters but...

Hip Hop Head
replies: 4 views: 253
mattiasnyc 2 days ago

I bought a Scarlett 18i20 to use with a mid 2011 Mac running OS X El Capitan 10.11.6. and Logic 9.1.8 and X 10.2.4. For some...

ErnstVonStroheim
replies: 4 views: 242
ErnstVonStroheim 2 days ago

Hi - I'm looking for a recommendation for what gear I should consider buying for my desired setup. I have a chair with my...

cellomello
replies: 8 views: 270
cellomello 2 days ago

Hi, I actually didn't know how to name this thread but this is my problem: I'm making my very first track (Ambient) and...

thelessiknowtheb
replies: 6 views: 234
FreshProduce 2 days ago

So I have an 8 track Otari mx5050 with no option to bounce tracks down. If I used a focusrite clarett 8preX to sum them and go...

Sbronaugh1
replies: 4 views: 248
cavern 2 days ago

Background: I have always found it unbelievable how the simplest songs become hits and are so great to hear. To illustrate...

kizn
replies: 7 views: 458
kizn 2 days ago
replies: - views: -
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

Hello, first im form Brazil and im thinking about having a recording studio. Sorry for my english and my newbie questions. I...

Matthew Corss
replies: 4 views: 311
JamEZmusic 2 days ago

I have a Soundcraft EMP 8. Is there a "best" way to hook it up to my computer so I can run it through Studio One. Do I...

Charlie Gates
replies: 1 views: 236
cavern 2 days ago

Hi there, I have read several threads, but don't understand some of them so I am writing now. I understand this passage...

offtheone
replies: 5 views: 299
offtheone 3 days ago

Ok. I've searched and can't quite find a definitive answer so here's the (possibly dumb) question. I want to use an outboard...

Rayray2000
replies: 7 views: 294
Rayray2000 3 days ago

Okay so I know this is a super basic question, but I want to make sure I've been doing this right... The first image is the...

Dhji
replies: 21 views: 590
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Hi...thought I'd ask opinions from those with experience here. I'm looking for a nice, clean 500 module...mostly for acoustic...

BooBooKittyMeow
replies: 5 views: 284
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

HI all. I really love the cymbal effect on songs like 'Levee breaks'. I know this was achieved through placing the mics far away....

MaxTT
replies: 2 views: 268
MaxTT 3 days ago

Long time reader, first time (I think) poster! I've listened to this song a lot lately, and I'm wondering what precisely I'm...

jcop
replies: 1 views: 305
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Hi. I'm pretty much a newbie to DAWs and mixing. I'm going to be recording my drums at home and am about to buy the Presonus...

Merlin5
replies: 38 views: 1,285
vitocorleone123 3 days ago

Hello, I have a Casio keyboard with unweighted keys that I use to record with. The sounds it comes with are great, which is why I...

Herritytyler
replies: 7 views: 292
hello people 3 days ago

Hello, This is my first official post but I want to say that I've been lurking on GearSlutz since 2012 and I love this...

RecklessYuki
replies: 2 views: 268
hello people 3 days ago

the instruments: mostly - Guild dreadnought acoustic guitar, voice, some nord electro 5d keys, Guild archtop, Roland hpd-20...

mglide
replies: 1 views: 243
mglide 3 days ago

I've been using my M-216 mixer to route everything into my Duet for a while, but I'm a little confused on how to integrate my...

GLP1Antibody
replies: 1 views: 236
ventil 4 days ago

Been listening to loads of Herberts tunes from 1995-1998 lately. I can get similar drums but I was wondering if anybody had any...

pot_noodle
replies: 1 views: 257
Owen L T 4 days ago

Hi, I wanted to start making beats on my MPC1000 and for that i wanna connect my turntable and dj mixer to mpc1000 for...

illsabio
replies: 2 views: 248
ventil 4 days ago

Hi all, I am running an AEA TRP into my apollo twin (original model) via the mic inputs. I just realized that there is no way to...

rdsyo
replies: 5 views: 305
ventil 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search