The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Newbie audio engineering + production question zone

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 149 views: 122,741
orior 6 days ago

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 109 views: 56,800
abluesky 6 days ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 132 views: 66,999
LouisT 1 week ago

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 68,223
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 33,307
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 33,904
Jules 1st February 2011

Hello everyone! I am a bass vocalist and right now I'm trying to improve my recordings! I curently have two microphones (...

morosh
replies: 25 views: 738
BIG BUDDHA 3 hours ago

Hi Everyone, I am a fairly new and aspiring voice talent in which I am debating which microphone setup would be best for my...

DougVO
replies: 7 views: 257
avare 6 hours ago

I'm looking to start a home set up for a male hip-hop/r&b vocalist. The goal is to get radio quality, not necessarily...

walterlopez8
replies: 81 views: 4,773
danthonymusic 7 hours ago

Is it worth upgrading from a USB Yeti mic to a e835 + CL-1 + ur22mkii or At2020 xlr + scarlett solo? Untreated bedroom, male...

walterlopez8
replies: 9 views: 374
Bushman 8 hours ago

Hi I currently have a TL Audio fat Track with a TL Audio DO-8 ADAT A/D Card. I was hoping to use the adat function with my RME...

drcryptic
replies: 0 views: 81
drcryptic 9 hours ago

Hello everyone, :) I often see people talk about saturation for high end frequencies on vocals, specially set on the...

Sybille
replies: 18 views: 482
GeneHall 11 hours ago

Imagine you finish a mix where you add a clone of itself with a different stereo width. Some kind of "parallel...

branscobe
replies: 7 views: 444
joeq 13 hours ago

Do you like your snare to have as much punch as the kick? If I mix I would want to make the snare as loud as the kick and it...

YourBestFriend
replies: 7 views: 367
Jeff Hayat 13 hours ago

I'm going to make this short. What goes into the editing of pop vocals? I've neglected editing for a long time but I'm really...

dannydawiz
replies: 4 views: 271
jonaslondon 16 hours ago

Who are the best up and coming Mixing engineers in Pop music with a similar sound to Serban Ghanea that may offer more reasonable...

acoustickinney
replies: 1 views: 151
CJ Mastering 16 hours ago

I understand what it does and how to set it up. Right now I have it setup with my HD 600s, running as a VST (on the master track)...

kalmoa
replies: 6 views: 223
J-S-Q 17 hours ago

I"m not new to IT or recording. In fact, I'm from old school where we use to cut 2" tape and aligned them before...

Anthony1
replies: 5 views: 454
Anthony1 18 hours ago

Hi Everyone, I hope someone here can help me. I am new to this, and I'm basically using the internet to figure out how to...

mcintoshmc
replies: 5 views: 424
totalmedtech 18 hours ago

I am workng on a song right now, and in the verse there is guitar, pad and piano playing the exact same chords in the exact same...

WOTC
replies: 8 views: 440
CJ Mastering 19 hours ago

Hi! I am wondering which monitors should i pick for small, untrearted room (4,5 x 3,5). I've read that hs5's has very poor...

bezkwitu
replies: 6 views: 1,863
jammiedodger666 22 hours ago

Didn't know where else to put this except the Newbie section cause the answer is probably very simple. Im looking for a new...

SecretSilencer
replies: 1 views: 497
tex viler 23 hours ago

Hey guys! I have a library of a bunch of .caf files. My main DAW is Reaper which can not use .caf I've tried a variety of...

YourTransistor
replies: 2 views: 296
fradycon 1 day ago

I have turned my Neumann v472 mic preamp on and off several times kinda consecutively, have I damaged anything?

Banjoman1201
replies: 48 views: 652
Arthur Stone 1 day ago

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me out ! The subject on this thread is about recording Beats and Samples from...

Afloyd710
replies: 0 views: 242
Afloyd710 1 day ago

Hey, asking for friend, I'm not familiar with the lower end spectrum of devices right now, but looking for a competent 2...

lestermagneto
replies: 2 views: 228
lestermagneto 1 day ago

Hi ! I have a Korg Volca FM, could I use it as a USB midi keyboard controller , attach it to my MacBook and use the presets of...

davrep
replies: 1 views: 227
butter 1 day ago

Good evening folks, I am terribly sorry for this redundant question, but i was not able to find anything anywhere on the rather...

CheefC
replies: 0 views: 198
CheefC 1 day ago

Hey guys....I'm fairly new to mixing and was wondering what your favorite plugin vocal chain was? I'm currently doing.... -...

thrice506
replies: 41 views: 5,404
chessparov2.0 1 day ago

Hello, planning on getting a dynamic mic for podcasting/streaming. After looking at a some for a couple months I always seemed...

thaas
replies: 16 views: 324
chessparov2.0 1 day ago

This is probably super basic to most of you, but I'm a bit of a dummy for this sort of thing. To get straight to the point,...

FormicAcid
replies: 1 views: 325
Quetz 1 day ago

How many hours till I know my speakers? After listening to 20 hours of music will I become used to the snare not being in my face...

YourBestFriend
replies: 26 views: 480
joeq 1 day ago

Hello folks: I don't come here often, but I'm having problems finding answers to a couple of nagging questions to me. My...

Robash
replies: 6 views: 376
jzero 1 day ago

This is to me one of the best sounding albums. So open and clear. So dynamic. So many layers and still so well defined. How did...

Ninecows
replies: 9 views: 616
Ninecows 1 day ago

Hi guys! first post here.. What would be the most convenient way to record a desktop synth (O-coast ie)? I mean, without a daw....

sdhdavid
replies: 2 views: 317
Quetz 1 day ago

I have an Amek Recall that I got for almost nothing. It is great! Now, my console research has revealed that some consoles have...

Saturations
replies: 2 views: 226
Saturations 1 day ago

Hello everyone, So, here's a problem I found just today when my 2 channel AD converter just arrived and I tried it on recording...

morosh
replies: 3 views: 331
morosh 1 day ago

Hello I have a question about panning: In my project everything other than the vocals are vst instruments; drums, synth bass,...

SlugPass
replies: 7 views: 456
jammiedodger666 1 day ago

Hey guys I’m new to the forum, (I’ve lurked on and off.) My names Tyler and I’m looking for some assistance in putting...

TopRankingEnt
replies: 1 views: 304
dethbyoogabooga 1 day ago

My condensers (fet and tube) seem to make hard consonants sound like ice-picks to the head. My ribbon does pretty well, but...

goom
replies: 17 views: 426
goom 2 days ago
replies: - views: -
Bushman 2 days ago

Im thinking mix OTB but not analogic summing stuff. I need a digital mixer to run at least 24 tracks from my DAW... Mixer with...

Digital coconut
replies: 15 views: 411
Digital coconut 2 days ago

Hi everyone, I dont have a huge amount of knowledge in terms of outboard gear/hardware. I have been using Ableton for 5 years...

rrtn2018
replies: 3 views: 328
jerry123 2 days ago

how do you set up outputs when you want to run video during a live session so that it only the video plays and you don't have a...

Al G
replies: 0 views: 236
Al G 2 days ago

Hi When I plug my guitar direct into the mixer I get a pretty loud hum and static unless I touch the metal cable end. This...

kahunacohen
replies: 3 views: 302
tedtan 2 days ago

Hey Guys, I've not found a good anwser in the huge www so I decided to start a thread here. I have a Audio Apollo 16 duo (8...

barletta
replies: 0 views: 222
barletta 2 days ago

I recently watched a video with Fab doing a workshop and I noticed he was using a powermate for something in pro tools. Its hard...

joe_04_04
replies: 6 views: 3,391
joacoc 2 days ago

I'm using UAD Apollo 8 in ProTools and am using SPDIF instead of regular I/O input/outputs to route to my outboard gear for...

OfficialCJA
replies: 3 views: 299
mattiasnyc 2 days ago

I had a thread that created another question I have regarding early 80's recordings. The album in question is Rainbows -...

mr. torture
replies: 2 views: 405
chazmar 3 days ago
replies: - views: -
chazmar 3 days ago

Hi all, Thank you for taking the time to help me out! So I want to start producing music, mainly focusing on Hip Hop...

Stanthart
replies: 0 views: 275
Stanthart 3 days ago

YouTube really like the vibe of this song but cannot seem to replicate the reverb used(there's a space echo in there somewhere I...

fontfiend
replies: 5 views: 346
fontfiend 3 days ago

When you post on one of the forums here, how do you add a wav. or MP3 as an "attachment". I understand it's located...

chessparov2.0
replies: 2 views: 303
chessparov2.0 3 days ago

I am trying to get a better understanding of how to use mixers with recording devices. Suppose I have a four channel cassette...

haunted3
replies: 23 views: 693
Quetz 3 days ago

Hi all, I'm sure I'll be lambasted for asking this, but I'm trying to figure out why I can't get an honest sound out of my mics...

StevieD009
replies: 230 views: 6,452
Quetz 3 days ago

So here's the problem. I accidentaly auto-panned the bass part on a track and rendered it like that a few years ago. The bass...

maqio
replies: 5 views: 315
lbumae 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search