The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 120 views: 65,332
slutbox 4 hours ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 142 views: 77,325
slutbox 4 hours ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 152 views: 137,283
mattiasnyc 8th September 2018

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 75,813
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 36,206
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 37,597
Jules 1st February 2011

Hi all, I tend to record everything in stereo - all of my guitars coming from my Fractal, all synths and keys, all sound...

smallstonefan
replies: 27 views: 553
Wayne 25 minutes ago

Hello, new one here! freshflowe I'm about to do my first film shoot and although I've practiced a bit at uni I'm still have a...

stereo knife
replies: 4 views: 124
mattiasnyc 33 minutes ago

Most of my recordings with my acoustic guitar are well under -18db especially on the softer stuff. Is this considered a bad idea...

blotto
replies: 24 views: 529
mattiasnyc 43 minutes ago

Hi, I'm trying to get a nicer sound from my setup because it seems like I have an awful lot of hiss considering the quality (and...

tapes
replies: 9 views: 344
CloudMicrophones 2 hours ago

Hi all, Longtime lurker, first time poster here; let me know if this is in the wrong place. I recently purchased a pair of...

TTTeltdown
replies: 3 views: 253
wrgkmc 2 hours ago

Should I match the gain knob setting instead of the RMS matching both sides?

goom
replies: 9 views: 317
deedeeyeah 3 hours ago

I have recently bought an xlr to 1/4 jack to record some vocals directly in to my recorder. The sound is really bad. I was hoping...

chopperlyons
replies: 3 views: 90
CJ Mastering 3 hours ago

hey there, i'm using a akai mg614 mixer at the moment and i can't seem to find much information about it on the internet....

dodecaphonic
replies: 101 views: 2,183
dodecaphonic 4 hours ago

The auto sleep mode causes youtube to not work and other stuff. It will only be activated whenever I play something above 50 dB,...

Harleyard
replies: 10 views: 6,539
Poinzy 4 hours ago

Hello, I am planning on getting the MG12XU mixer for my home studio, and I have a question about the audio from the pc. If I use...

kurama3114
replies: 3 views: 180
kurama3114 4 hours ago

Hi, I'm a complete gear noob, and have no idea what I'm doing... But I will learn! I'm trying to set up my Boss RE-20 Space...

Obi
replies: 0 views: 94
Obi 5 hours ago

Hello everyone! A friend of mine bought a studio with some high-end gear. Problem is, the previous owner left us with a...

Raed Abu Shaer
replies: 0 views: 84
Raed Abu Shaer 5 hours ago

I’m considering buying a royer 122 MK2 ribbon mic. It has a high-pass switch on it to roll-off the low rumbles. However, my...

BigALRecording
replies: 1 views: 109
CJ Mastering 5 hours ago

Hi all. I’m trying to get close to the horn type sound at the start of this track. YouTube I’ve got pretty close...

P1505C
replies: 0 views: 104
P1505C 7 hours ago

Ez Slutz, Long time lurker here. Straight to it......... I have searched the web yet cannot find any discussion or...

Test Switch
replies: 10 views: 222
rumleymusic 8 hours ago

I have some doubts regarding the Audient id14 with ipad/iPhone , i would be grateful if you could solve them ? - Direct...

wooten
replies: 0 views: 109
wooten 8 hours ago

I have composed 10 pieces of modern relaxed piano pieces. I am just recording it in logic, using the default Yamaha Grand piano...

Ubhkeys
replies: 29 views: 989
bluesmonk 9 hours ago

Hey guys, so I am looking at getting a new pair of studio headphones in the $150 to $300 range. For years I have had a pair of...

SteveyC123
replies: 18 views: 2,409
adl 9 hours ago

I know this is something some mixers struggle with (myself included). Can anyone with experience or insight tell me if mixing...

greengravel
replies: 9 views: 467
Test Switch 11 hours ago

I typed a much more detailed version of this thread, but for some reason I think it got deleted. Anyways here’s a quick...

Pillorygem
replies: 11 views: 477
Unclenny 12 hours ago

Hello I just bought a ART DJ Pre II, I want to use it to play vinyl to sample it in the Ableton Live DAW. Audio quality is fine...

Stompafunk
replies: 1 views: 154
BT64 14 hours ago

hey everybody Ive just bought a new 18i20 to record my drumset for my fibal exam what we call in switzerland ,,the matura,,....

TDrum
replies: 2 views: 240
JackFocusrite 15 hours ago

Hello, I'm pursuing a career as an audio engineer & I was curious does anyone know what plugin/effects are put on the main...

ForeignFaraz
replies: 3 views: 365
BT64 16 hours ago

question about recording skype audio into pro tools. I am using a mixer and i have a mix minus setup. I have a laptop that runs...

KSMUSIC
replies: 1 views: 212
BT64 16 hours ago

I have a variety of old mixers that I use for summing. I have a rack of Yamaha M-406, one Ashly 508, and a 12 channel Yamaha...

BoomWomb
replies: 3 views: 332
slowtrain 17 hours ago

Hi All, I have been producing for a few years and recently bought my first hardware synth. I got a korg prologue and there...

tapped
replies: 1 views: 275
slowtrain 18 hours ago

I've noted that depending on the output volume of my Apollo Twin Duo, the mix changes substantially, at least to my ears. I...

jerrydpi
replies: 10 views: 394
hello people 18 hours ago

I've been told that eq boosts can cause phase.. how much of an eq boost causes phase??? Is it different with different EQs?? if...

Brandon203111
replies: 7 views: 454
wrgkmc 1 day ago

I acquired an inexpensive "vintage" condenser mic which runs on 48v Phantom, I've tested it, works, has been sitting on...

shmasterer
replies: 10 views: 385
rumleymusic 1 day ago

Hello, GearSlutz Forum goers! I've been set an assignment at college, in which I'm required to write a dissertation on a topic...

SlutGearz
replies: 8 views: 381
SleepCircle 1 day ago

Hi everybody, I am about to purchase a shure sm7b mic (or some other classic dynamic mic such as electrovoice re-20, heil...

LGW
replies: 0 views: 230
LGW 1 day ago

------Pre-Question stuff----- Question begins below 3rd paragraph. To try and improve at mixing in general I have been...

DeGuzzy
replies: 6 views: 329
mattiasnyc 1 day ago

all my tracks have sub bass. pretty much every mastering guide i see on the web says to cut off the lows, around the 30hz range...

powpowmeow
replies: 10 views: 436
FreshProduce 1 day ago

I'm fairly new to the synth world, and I'm looking into getting an ms20 mini to learn how to use modular synths properly, and I...

SynthMelon
replies: 0 views: 231
SynthMelon 1 day ago
replies: 0 views: 234
Kithairon 1 day ago

Hello, I have two issues I was hoping your experience could help me figure out. I have a 4.2m x 3.7m room that has carpet...

sicfigure
replies: 4 views: 293
sicfigure 1 day ago

Hi, In my homestudio id like to sample few percussion instruments. Shakers as well as a Cajon. Do you have any...

polynasia
replies: 5 views: 347
BIG BUDDHA 1 day ago

Hiya All, As I understand it, you cannot simply plug a mic into the back of a Lexicon MX400XL effects processor...My questions...

Augmented4th
replies: 5 views: 484
Savana Violenta 1 day ago

so my question is will it make the quality of my sound better if I build a small vocal booth with isolation (foam and such) to...

lilseiya
replies: 2 views: 272
bill5 1 day ago

so my question is will it make the quality of my sound better if I build a small vocal booth with isolation (foam and such) to...

lilseiya
replies: 0 views: 310
lilseiya 1 day ago

Hello guys, :) Lately I've been noticing distortion when I increase gain on the integrated headphones inputs of my UAD Apollo...

Sybille
replies: 3 views: 306
Sybille 2 days ago

Hey guys! I've been dwelling into the home studio recording for quite some time and it's been a slow process I've been...

ToneSeeker96
replies: 18 views: 447
Henrik Hjortnaes 2 days ago

Hello, I am in central NJ and just purchased a Soundcraft 1600 with patchbay. Does anyone know of a good tech in my area who...

mrjason71
replies: 2 views: 265
mrjason71 2 days ago

Hello,sorry if i posted in wrong place. I am reading the manual for my soundcard but am confused by the next text: "The...

Demox
replies: 2 views: 292
Demox 2 days ago

I'd like to know if I need to plan on eventually get a copy of Pro Tools (regular) in order to use omnisphere 2.5 or 2 (which I...

j.evang
replies: 1 views: 254
dethbyoogabooga 2 days ago
replies: - views: -
martonstudio 2 days ago

hi nooby question but.. im wondering what range (db) does your vocals usually sit in when you are tracking vocals (*with no...

stefjack1000
replies: 10 views: 352
drumzalicious 2 days ago

I use a Focusrite Scarlett and I record into Pro Tools. I've been only adding compression after the fact as a plugin. I do have...

thirdwise
replies: 130 views: 3,320
drumzalicious 2 days ago

Does anyone know if I connect a gap pre 73 in through input 1 if that will be line level? In the software inputs 1 and 2 are...

andtheysing
replies: 11 views: 8,298
truckbrz 3 days ago

my tracks are real guitar heavy. big sounding distorted guitar tracks. when mixing in stereo i'll have one guitar track to the...

powpowmeow
replies: 2 views: 242
jzero 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search