The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 173 views: 153,675
Tascam238 9th September 2019

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 129 views: 76,468
jeb stuart 5th September 2019

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 149 views: 88,893
Jeff Hayat 18th July 2019

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 85,174
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 39,695
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 41,790
Jules 1st February 2011

So when converting a mono track to a stereo track, for me (I'm a newbie and aware of it) the sound difference is not always very...

Naoki971
replies: 0 views: 1
Naoki971 57 minutes ago

So I'm very interested in the music of Alva Noto. His bass sounds have a sort of clarity to them (I'm listening to UNIEQAV). I...

Naoki971
replies: 0 views: 24
Naoki971 1 hour ago

How can I use self oscillation of the filter as a 3rd and still be able to use the other oscillators ? I mean the filter is...

Kamilc
replies: 0 views: 45
Kamilc 2 hours ago

Dear friends, I’ve tried everything but i can’t achieve that kind of sub bass.. i know that they are making their patches in...

BiggaBwoy
replies: 0 views: 73
BiggaBwoy 3 hours ago

The above abnormalities continue to surface in my recordings, and I'd like to know what audio terms best describe what is...

Jerry80
replies: 12 views: 399
Jerry80 5 hours ago

Hi, I’m trying to surprise my girlfriend by setting up her music studio up in our apartment for her while she’s on a trip. I...

Bradleyws
replies: 1 views: 116
BT64 5 hours ago

The interface works fine in DAW but I can't seem to get it to function for sounds outside of production (watching youtube, etc.)....

francoviz
replies: 1 views: 90
BT64 6 hours ago

Hello guys, I just bought simple home recording setup last month, for covering vocal. - Studio one 4 professional - Focusrite...

seanjosh
replies: 24 views: 549
seanjosh 6 hours ago

I'm beffuddled as to why the string recording I recently did in a studio sounds worse than strings recordings I've done in the...

monsieurpooh
replies: 0 views: 64
monsieurpooh 6 hours ago

Hi, I’m a newbie for mix & mastering, and looking for one stop plugin. I got a deal from iZotope, 349 bucks for Ozone 9...

GodSlaYeRz
replies: 9 views: 369
GodSlaYeRz 9 hours ago

Hello Everyone, I recently decided that I wanted to try and record myself to the best possible standards, without breaking the...

Magic Fingers
replies: 1 views: 117
decocco 11 hours ago

Can't seem to sign up for an account with Yamaha Synth forum, but in the meantime: Any guesses why the same model flash drive...

danmasterson
replies: 2 views: 90
danmasterson 12 hours ago

I've been working on a song in Cubase, and all the audio for it has been recorded at 24 bit with a 44.1 kHz sample rate. The...

illold3chordme
replies: 7 views: 182
illold3chordme 13 hours ago

If you record one instrument with two microphones, can you EQ them seperately or do you only really adjust their volumes relative...

camomiletea
replies: 4 views: 206
joeq 13 hours ago

Hello! I have a very noobie question for you. I am wondering if I go out L and R of my Traktor (RCA) into an analog mixer THEN...

Jakeshep
replies: 0 views: 38
Jakeshep 13 hours ago

Hi there! I was wondering if anyone knows how to disable hardware monitoring on the Motu ultralite mk3? Do I need to use cuemix...

ArbitraryAlex
replies: 7 views: 378
ArbitraryAlex 16 hours ago

Hi, Lately I've been using the waves vitamin sonic enhancer on a piano. When I boost the high frequencies it creates a hissing...

Brendonintendo
replies: 4 views: 188
wrgkmc 17 hours ago

Hello, I have a couple of questions about the Yamaha MG12XU and Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 inputs and outputs. On the Yamaha...

martinhwk
replies: 10 views: 221
MarkF48 18 hours ago

Hi I'm Just looking for some advice... I have many sounds recorded in 16bit (unfinished song parts) I am finishing the songs...

bob 01
replies: 4 views: 282
decocco 19 hours ago

I just reinstalled Pro Tools 8 le and hooked my M Box 2 back up on a Win7 pc. I have my mixer going into the MBox and the MBox...

ZipSnipe
replies: 0 views: 138
ZipSnipe 22 hours ago

Hi! I´m going to have a party where is karaoke and music playing around the hall. I want to set up(control) three groups of...

Askul
replies: 0 views: 169
Askul 1 day ago

...or essentially just mixing a song i guess. i'm having a problem getting my beats to sound rapper-ready(and, thus, sellable)....

gaetsbygrey
replies: 4 views: 284
zukan 1 day ago

I’m wondering how everyone has their DAW templates setup when they have different mic pres. Do you have a template that...

revjamie
replies: 0 views: 159
revjamie 1 day ago

Ok so Let me start by listing what I'm using... Amp: PRS Archon 100 Head Interface: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Load Box: Fractal...

ABainalves
replies: 7 views: 206
bmanzer 1 day ago

It is an Dual LFO Reason Rack Expansion when linked directly to a channel's input it generates a muffled click type of...

BitDepth
replies: 0 views: 80
BitDepth 1 day ago

Hopefully this doesn't sound dumb but here's the deal. I have started getting close to my storage limits on my computer. That...

sweetheart
replies: 5 views: 282
bill5 1 day ago

In the song Reborn Ice Horn by 1991, there is a periodic sound like someone pulling on the tape the track is on, where it briefly...

I always care
replies: 2 views: 256
Smithburg 1 day ago

Hi, I’m trying to wrap my head around this, so I figured I’d ask here. I have an Allen & Heath ZED R16 digital / analog...

poika
replies: 6 views: 180
poika 1 day ago

Hi everyone, I recently bought Begringer Deepmind 12 and there’s one issue that confuses me. When I read books about...

Kamilc
replies: 0 views: 137
Kamilc 1 day ago

I recorded an acoustic singer-songwriter using two microphones. A Rode Nt1 on the vocals and a SM57 on the guitars. I have a...

camomiletea
replies: 42 views: 1,182
sKJF 1 day ago

Hi! I have an scarlett 18i20 2nd generation with a clarett octopre. I was using the 16 channels for my band recording and some...

Chifo
replies: 2 views: 311
dickiefunk 1 day ago

Hey, I have one of the older Apogee ensemble models that uses firewire. I have a mac tower with what looks to me like 2...

maxmatthewsmusic
replies: 3 views: 227
stevelindsay 2 days ago

Hi, I was thinking of hooking up a digital piano to play through my monitors. Right now I have a Scarlett 2i2 which has no...

pabeazy
replies: 1 views: 221
musicus 2 days ago

So im new here at engineering MYSELF and i do rap- hip hop vocals for my own stuff ive been spending countless dollars on mics...

KingpenCowboy
replies: 6 views: 149
KingpenCowboy 2 days ago

Hi guys. I am a beginner at mixing and mastering my own small electronic projects. I know the very basics of eq, compression...

Riffnugget
replies: 3 views: 211
Riffnugget 2 days ago

Hey I have a small private studio I have been building up this last year. I record hard rock music. Pretty much mono tracks only....

Vintage4life11
replies: 9 views: 1,045
mikoo69 2 days ago

Hey everybody! Any tips on how to achieve this overall vibe and sound in mixing?...

VP_Music
replies: 4 views: 279
decocco 2 days ago

should i just get a keyboard to practice with wile i listen to music and play wile i make beats before i get a midi for FL STUDIO...

ECray
replies: 1 views: 318
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

Hi all, I've bought a Focusrite Scarlett Solo audio interface. I installed the drivers and I am using Pro Tools First to...

nagymt96
replies: 1 views: 160
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

Just got a Tascam 388 and wondering how to connect it to an iMac? What cables? I have a Presonus USB interface and won't...

james01
replies: 3 views: 332
Monotremata 3 days ago

I have a few questions to help strengthen my foundational theory on the tracking, mixing, mix-down and mastering process. I've...

kettlecorn123
replies: 3 views: 314
joeq 3 days ago

I'm thinking about buying a Mackie 32/8, because I'd like to mix with a proper mixer instead of on the computer. But how do I...

HelloMellow
replies: 17 views: 5,690
MrKahuna 3 days ago

Could someone please help me make a decision on purchasing a hardware tracking compressor. Basically I play and want to record...

camomiletea
replies: 31 views: 546
A Fak 3 days ago

As a beginner, I typically add some EQ to my masters and still they just don't have the clarity or character I'm searching for. I...

deern
replies: 5 views: 557
zukan 4 days ago

I'm mixing on a pair of JBL 46710K s and they sound amazing. Should I go newer stuff ?

Fastfreddie
replies: 7 views: 347
joeq 4 days ago

I was just wondering if there was a plug-in that could take the input of audio, detect the average BPM and then stretch and...

sKJF
replies: 1 views: 225
CJ Mastering 4 days ago

Hi! Wondering what type of fx or recording trick is on Dexter's Holland vocal over...

MFSAKA
replies: 2 views: 279
CJ Mastering 5 days ago

Hi, my girlfriend and myself love to go running to dance/techno/trance music. For years I have been using Mixmeister to make mp3...

TooCool
replies: 1 views: 238
CJ Mastering 5 days ago

Hi, I have a Audio Technica AT2020 mic connected to my Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 (1st gen) audio interface on my Windows 10 PC. I...

AfxTwn
replies: 6 views: 317
Bushman 5 days ago

Hi, Just wondering how feasible starting such a business is. I'm in Toronto, so there are lots of bands. I know how to use a...

mcclure
replies: 19 views: 1,223
dannydawiz 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search