The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Newbie audio engineering + production question zone

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 108 views: 54,551
RobDrmz 4 days ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 130 views: 64,285
bainmack 9th March 2018

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 148 views: 119,498
mattiasnyc 27th January 2018

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 65,979
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 32,641
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 32,939
Jules 1st February 2011

Hi. Can someone help me out please? I'm going to be purchasing the slate digital and ssl subscriptions. The pay one time for...

Richarddthompson
replies: 0 views: 9
Richarddthompson 27 minutes ago

Hi there I cant see anuone else having this problem here. But im creating a LOT of sounds and little pieces of music for a game...

birdclaw
replies: 2 views: 211
birdclaw 1 hour ago

Hi guys, I have to record some acoustic guitar and some vocals (16 bits) with a condenser microphone on a small mixer and I am...

Plasticine
replies: 24 views: 2,097
RiF 3 hours ago

This is probably a really ignorant question, but here goes. We host a two person podcast. We will be having phone/Skype...

docdaddy
replies: 4 views: 272
docdaddy 6 hours ago

I'm having all kinds of issues with noise in my apartment. I flat-out can't use the single coil pickup through my amp or record...

snowforts
replies: 5 views: 341
aste 7 hours ago

Hello to all you gear and music headz out there! My name is Andrew I live in the US( Associate Degree in Sound Engineering)...

andrewoc07
replies: 10 views: 519
Bushman 10 hours ago

Hi! I was given a multitrack recording by my mixing teacher and my question was: do the tracks recorded in stereo (for example an...

SantiV98
replies: 4 views: 233
deedeeyeah 11 hours ago

Hi all this is my first post as I am new to this forum So I'm obsessed with Mass Effect and I spend a lot of my time trying to...

DoYouKnowsDeWay
replies: 0 views: 158
DoYouKnowsDeWay 12 hours ago

I have a powered mixer (500 watt rms) I am using for Monitors and a 736 watt RMS two channel power Amp I am using for subs and...

kenletson
replies: 6 views: 351
kenletson 12 hours ago

Hi there, As we know that analog type VST plugins (especially Waves audio ext) has sweet spot -18dbfs. So If sound/channel's...

MatchesMalone_
replies: 4 views: 469
MatchesMalone_ 12 hours ago

Hi, This problem is driving me nuts, as I cant see how I have set this up incorrect. I already made a topic earlier this year...

neoking
replies: 8 views: 441
neoking 15 hours ago

Hi Guys i am kind of new here read the rules and hope this is appropriate. I am working on a song on logic pro and have an...

Dig It
replies: 2 views: 325
Dig It 15 hours ago

Hi all, I’ve been a member of gearslutz for quite some time now but I still consider myself to be a newbie. So here we go with...

ob1
replies: 4 views: 266
dights 16 hours ago

I was wondering what is a preferred way of compressing kick and snare on the way in when using 2 mics for both the snare and kick...

NerdyUsername
replies: 7 views: 304
NerdyUsername 17 hours ago

so when i listen to my synth with headphones plugged directly into it the sound is very clear. when i feed my synth into the...

Acidizer
replies: 2 views: 222
Acidizer 17 hours ago

I was recently listening to 'Midnight' by Coldplay, and there were a few things I wanted to understand about the production of...

Naoki971
replies: 0 views: 157
Naoki971 17 hours ago

Hello, I am having a CD-R playback problem. Burned CD's from my computer are playing back around 6 dB quieter on my car CD...

charwh
replies: 5 views: 305
charwh 18 hours ago

I want to get the best quality vocal recordings to send off to professional engineers. Seems like everyone has trouble mixing my...

Trill92
replies: 5 views: 310
wrgkmc 18 hours ago

After I have installed high sierra suddenly I have a very loud noise floor, or some kind of noise. I don´t know if it was a...

lejonkungen
replies: 0 views: 209
lejonkungen 19 hours ago

Hello everyone! I've recently gotten into all of this worldbof music production, and I'm getting the gist of it quite...

hmad
replies: 6 views: 343
hmad 22 hours ago

Hi everyone So we are a 3-piece and a lot of our live set is backing track with synths, percussion etc. We use a very simple...

Naoki971
replies: 6 views: 368
Naoki971 1 day ago

Hello all, I have a Yamaha MC 1604 mixer at home. I am tracking through the board into Logic Pro x. I do my mix itb. When I...

Bpbaggins93
replies: 1 views: 251
Wayne 1 day ago

And yet all of my favorite recordings barely have any if at all. cellfone

goom
replies: 7 views: 336
cavern 1 day ago

Hi everyone. I'm trying to figure out everything happening with the vocals on this...

ty45
replies: 1 views: 282
ty45 1 day ago

First time post! I am trying to record a piano track for a song but gear and money is limited. This is what I have: M-track...

Obobokhan
replies: 0 views: 257
Obobokhan 1 day ago

So I read a post/article made by an audio engineer named Graham Cochrane that runs a website of blogposts, articles, and...

steffeeH
replies: 54 views: 10,990
MatchesMalone_ 1 day ago

Hi, my name is Kenn and I'm an aspiring engineer. I'm reaching out today about the unique relationship between the Apogee...

whitehareclub
replies: 0 views: 250
whitehareclub 1 day ago

YouTube Hey guys, I know there was a thread on a similar subject already but no one was really sure about the answer. Clip is...

zathrasb5
replies: 17 views: 973
musman1950 1 day ago

Happy Friday all, Recently, I have been revisiting my rock CD collection (and old memories!). My favorite guitarist list...

eddiejobson
replies: 4 views: 325
apoehler 1 day ago

Hey guys. I have a copy of Propellerhead Reason, a MicroKORG, and a Moog Slim Phatty. I am still learning my way around the...

DiggyDre
replies: 25 views: 3,935
ctothej123 1 day ago

Which headphones are the best for both recording vocals and mixing music (mostly rap and electronic music) under 100$? I made...

michal12345
replies: 29 views: 972
Bob Olhsson 1 day ago

Hello, I'd like to change the microphone I hesitate between two microphone or even a microphone that could sound good, my budjet...

goldjungen57
replies: 11 views: 864
jardron 1 day ago

Hi folks I have a pair of Kh120 and they work great, however when I connect them up to the KH810 which I got today, they still...

Ald
replies: 5 views: 335
Ald 1 day ago

Hello everyone, so I make music with hardware drum machines, synths and other small synthlike devices and I hook them all up...

sjuktstarkgrogg
replies: 0 views: 234
sjuktstarkgrogg 1 day ago

What exactly am i suppose to use those for? I have basically been ignoring these since i got it. Acting as if i only have 4...

Circuit93
replies: 4 views: 382
vitocorleone123 2 days ago

I come from a background in jazz piano and improvisation and I also play live electronica/techno inspired music in a duo with a...

jdobbins27
replies: 0 views: 263
jdobbins27 2 days ago

I kind of don't understand this part as I'm new to hardware kind of. So my question is if I'm using all my hardware as insert fx...

Limit54
replies: 12 views: 483
deedeeyeah 2 days ago

I have a mix in Cubase that isn't exporting well. Would it be possible to record what I hear in Cubase directly into Pro Tools?

vintagetones
replies: 5 views: 491
vintagetones 2 days ago

I have the chance to pick up a Crane Song Hedd 192 for quite cheap, however I am doubting whether this would be something for me....

neoking
replies: 0 views: 292
neoking 2 days ago

Hey people, I was wondering if you guys remove all effects/processing before bouncing MIDI-tracks to Audio? Do you put it back on...

WOTC
replies: 5 views: 342
Monotremata 2 days ago

Hello everyone (sorry for my english......) Kinda stuck with this for a while now. I just don't get it. Asked on different...

arT2
replies: 8 views: 356
arT2 2 days ago

I'm the proud owner of an Empress Compressor pedal. Purchased it to use live and re-create some of my recordings using the...

monoghost
replies: 1 views: 296
kuasalogam 3 days ago

My Fireface 800 only allows two ADAT in and out via light pipe. I just bought a 4-710 and a Behringer ADA8200 (so I can route in...

Feltman
replies: 1 views: 277
Feltman 3 days ago

Sup audio peeps have been scratching my head exactly on getting started getting good quality samples to flip for the likes of 808...

gramzdeep
replies: 0 views: 339
gramzdeep 3 days ago

Hi there, as you may guess correctly, I would like to make mixtapes of commercial/chart music in the box instead of mixing the...

Juljan
replies: 6 views: 332
Juljan 3 days ago

I have an Intel NUC Core i7 5557U. I bought a Behringer X Air X18 to use with Cubase. However, it seems this amp is not a fully...

bc_uk
replies: 4 views: 291
msmucr 3 days ago

I have a kid who's been inspired by authors such as this on YouTube to get into music creation. Notice how the author shows the...

steelaudio
replies: 3 views: 340
mattiasnyc 3 days ago

Hey everyone!!! I've been a longtime lurker, but I never had the chance to post something until I found a gap in the forums....

gingerlocks_
replies: 1 views: 351
javamad 3 days ago

Hi Guys, I was wondering if anyone can help me, I recently downloaded the whole of keyscape (72GB) so I could import the...

jaggy89
replies: 2 views: 913
Fergonline 3 days ago

hello everyone, so i've been trying to compose music for few years now by myself with fl studio and monitor headphones, and...

TomasT
replies: 3 views: 448
pief 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search