The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Views: 805
30th June 2020
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 181 views: 194,350
nosebleedaudio 22nd May 2020

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 146 views: 105,249
aljoy13 8th April 2020

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 152 views: 123,554
puremix.net 10th January 2020

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 101,842
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 44,126
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 49,912
Jules 1st February 2011

Hi all, first post! I have been doing home recordings for some time now. I just got a Scarlett 18i20 do start doing drum...

dylanburrett
replies: 1 views: 65
justmusic 25 minutes ago

What’s the difference between a patchbay like the Samson s patch plus and a d-sub style? I don’t get it. You still need to...

elasticc
replies: 8 views: 243
thismercifulfate 1 hour ago

Hi I have two 20 year old FX units (a Lexicon 'Reflex' and a Zoom 1201) and both use similar 12v plug adaptors. I plugged them...

UnderTheStairs
replies: 1 views: 76
Rick Dalton 3 hours ago

My goal is to write string quartet movie soundtrack style pieces. I have a JV-1080. I want to try and get the best...

foul_owl
replies: 0 views: 53
foul_owl 5 hours ago

In this Taylor Swift 'Making Of a Song' Video. You see Max Martin (prod. on the track) recording in an analogue synth at around...

bennyboy1288
replies: 0 views: 65
bennyboy1288 7 hours ago

I have got an Indie-Pop song that includes an 8-piece string section. I am struggling a bit with reverb for the strings to make...

prophet
replies: 6 views: 228
prophet 10 hours ago

Hi, I found a similar question on this forum already but no one had replied to it. I have an Apollo Twin, I've used it for...

mattlottery
replies: 15 views: 309
mattlottery 11 hours ago

Hi all, If one wanted to simply increase the bit depth of, say, 16-bit PCM samples, to 20-bit, without altering the audio in...

Zudobug
replies: 7 views: 169
UnderTow 13 hours ago

What are some typical mic setups and techniques used by the pros on different instruments (acoustic guitars, mandolin, B3,...

erike123
replies: 10 views: 440
gearstudent 13 hours ago

Hi, My mixes continually come out a bit too quiet. the dynamics are fine, dare I say good. just, quieter than most. When it...

EmptyVessel
replies: 7 views: 261
gearstudent 13 hours ago

I've read in a couple of places that if you automate the volume up by 1dB on your choruses it's a subtle and effective way of...

easter
replies: 1 views: 97
MixedSignals 14 hours ago

I'm in the market for some 5" monitor speakers (small room) and keep reading that flat response is better. For example the...

d4z0mg
replies: 8 views: 273
Sigma 14 hours ago

So I've already read a lot on here and other places and obviously there can be a lot of differing opinions on what the most...

Garvan
replies: 7 views: 265
fallout 15 hours ago
replies: 0 views: 105
Wolf LeProducer 15 hours ago

I find that I am always getting right channel drop outs at the final stages of summing. I sum each song with slightly different...

BoomWomb
replies: 4 views: 120
BoomWomb 15 hours ago

I got an issue where Focusrite support couldn't help so far, maybe the community can help. I got a new Clarett 2 Pre,...

Seamonger
replies: 2 views: 87
Seamonger 21 hours ago

Is this the category the right place to ask for opinons on some mixes? And also how do I actually post a file here? Thanks.

konkon
replies: 14 views: 242
Xraiser911 1 day ago

I have only one microphone and wanted to know if it is unheard of to double track a mono recording of an acoustic piano and pan...

Matthewrayrgv
replies: 5 views: 154
Sharp11 1 day ago

Hello All! Today I had a client complain about distortion in their headphones. I have a Scarlett 2i2 2nd gen linked up to one...

MoeTRH201
replies: 1 views: 85
Cabirio 1 day ago

So for the people that want to know how to get that bachata guitar sound i will tell you what you need this is the authentic...

StudioStive
replies: 13 views: 1,558
jml designs 1 day ago

Hi All, I’m just starting out on music production and I’ve been using a DAW until now but would like to move to more tactile...

Joss
replies: 7 views: 301
monkeyxx 1 day ago

I'm trying to setup my Behringer USB Interface UMC1820/Pro Tools Mac to add Focusrite Octopre Platinum as additional 4 to 8 input...

niceviper
replies: 2 views: 125
niceviper 1 day ago

Dear slutz, I quite literally just got the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 for Christmas and have been trying to set it up but with no...

ktmay2
replies: 12 views: 68,760
crazybassist32 1 day ago

Hi everyone, I am a voice actor and for the first time got a claim from a client telling me that the recording I submitted...

The0
replies: 23 views: 471
Wizzomixer 1 day ago

Hi guys, very basic question this. I got a pair of Yamaha NS10s that I want to hook up to a mikser (Tore Seem Sesam 2) or my...

ArntzenArtizterier
replies: 10 views: 245
ArntzenArtizterier 1 day ago

Apologies if this is in the wrong place or has been covered a million times (feel free to link me into the relevant thread or...

Horntech81
replies: 5 views: 209
BT64 1 day ago

Hello. Does anyone know the proper way to pan a stereo tracks in protools? I notice they are 2 pan pots. One all the way to...

siopao777
replies: 12 views: 6,417
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hello, I am located in Europe just fyi. When plugged into the power outlet, my pair of Rokit 6 G3 has a static noise (constant...

gamba66
replies: 1 views: 114
gamba66 1 day ago

Hello there, I have a mass of cables that are all six feet long and in reality they all need to be different lengths. Is it...

TheJay
replies: 5 views: 278
BT64 1 day ago

My interface is a Tascam UH-7000. And My headphones are Sennheizer hd600. The Tascam has no problem driving the hd600's, and by...

RGBeatman
replies: 0 views: 110
RGBeatman 2 days ago

Hi, I've been breaking my head over coming up for a solution to a very particular question, which I still haven't found a...

Mugenx2
replies: 0 views: 115
Mugenx2 2 days ago

I have a Boss br-800 8 track. I am thinking of adding a preamp like the ISA ONE to avoid using the onboard preamps of the Boss....

djmusicman
replies: 5 views: 191
djmusicman 2 days ago

Do I need any thing special to connect this chain. A tube mic to bae 1073 and from there it will go to a babyface pro. I'm...

onshott1
replies: 1 views: 132
BT64 2 days ago

Dear gearslutz community, This is my first post here, so thanks to the admin for letting me in, i have been reading a LOT of...

MayaMara
replies: 8 views: 216
MayaMara 2 days ago

Hi Folks, I'm fairly new to synth in general. I've got a hardware setup I'm having some issues and misunderstanding with. I'm...

Zuko66
replies: 10 views: 334
Zuko66 3 days ago

Note: I have a popfilter & have attatched an audio clip. When saying a word, usually starting with an "i" my...

Alexander_
replies: 14 views: 344
loujudson 3 days ago

Okay, time to have a laugh at the simpleton!:cowbell: I recently got an old Revox A77 Tape machine (for free!) and want to...

MrLinssi
replies: 1 views: 157
BT64 3 days ago

there such a thing? I mean, could somebody show me a sound wave depiction that averaged all the frequencies on the Beatles Abbey...

BoomWomb
replies: 1 views: 182
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Hello, Currently i have Roland Rubix22 with Rode NT1-A microphone, My requirement is Back track vocal recording. I have...

csna_2000
replies: 10 views: 347
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

I am in the process of recording some vocals for a project of mine and I am using an SM58. As soon as I push a little bit with...

lever
replies: 2 views: 185
lever 3 days ago

One thing that I'm struggling with is using sampled piano's. (I don't mix extremely hot. Leave about -1 headroom.) But if I...

Anami81
replies: 21 views: 3,838
Vanx 3 days ago

So a thing I hear all the time is the term overcompressed. I think I have a vague handle on it. The peaks have been squashed...

kd.hebbes
replies: 1 views: 463
davidtmaclay 4 days ago

Windows 10 user, 16GB Ram, i5 processor. First problems I started having was soon after buying my Audient id4. It would...

danbb
replies: 13 views: 335
Rick Dalton 4 days ago

Well, first showing, this is me. Dry vocals. ALL I HAVE DONE is Sub EQ, 100HZ. Than "Slate Digital" VMR with a...

jcsmyth
replies: 1 views: 234
CJ Mastering 4 days ago

Hi, I've recently acquired a Vox Venue Lead 100 guitar amplifier and I'm having trouble understanding what each output it has...

jgos
replies: 1 views: 145
CJ Mastering 4 days ago

Hello, I bought myself a Mininova and Circuit a while back to play around with, along with Ableton 9 intro. I currently am...

Excession
replies: 1 views: 139
CJ Mastering 4 days ago

Hi all, I've managed to get my gear together for some home recording and I wanted to ask for any advice (or links to sources...

theVodkaCircle
replies: 2 views: 168
terrible.dee 4 days ago

Been trying to get my hands on scarlett solo 3rd(cuz the gain range is 56db as opposed to 1st and 2nd's 50db) but it's selling...

Sherlock4869
replies: 1 views: 169
CJ Mastering 4 days ago

I make ambient music (Harold Budd + Tim Hecker) My Current studio setup consists...

connorconnor
replies: 6 views: 205
CJ Mastering 4 days ago

OK I'm quite a newbie and I'm in the process of building my first DAW. I just bought a motu 1296 on ebay thinking it was just an...

peacemotif
replies: 9 views: 5,679
Tenteeters 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search