The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Newbie audio engineering + production question zone

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 102 views: 51,822
ttippie 1 week ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 130 views: 61,580
bainmack 2 weeks ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

replies: 148 views: 115,946
mattiasnyc 27th January 2018

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

replies: 41 views: 63,891
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

replies: 0 views: 31,941
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

replies: 0 views: 31,929
Jules 1st February 2011

I am calibrating my soundcard and monitors/sub to find 80dB(C) SPL. My original question was... Why am I calibrating...

replies: 6 views: 199
globi227 8 minutes ago

Is there a way to pitch an entire song down? If so, would I have to pitch shift each track individually or is there something I...

replies: 12 views: 312
joeq 22 minutes ago

Hey fellow producers! I'm sure all fo you have mentioned the same thing.. A LOT of drum kits contain already processed drum...

replies: 2 views: 134
Owen L T 2 hours ago

Hi folks! Hope this is the right forum for this question. I'm a bit in a pickle regarding a bass track that I recorded for...

replies: 21 views: 441
pief 5 hours ago

Hey I use a sound card NI Komplete Sound 6 and these days have become problems causing blue screen of death "dpc...

replies: 7 views: 196
CJ Mastering 6 hours ago

Anyone used plain VCAs with CV or MIDI control for compression/limiting? I'm interested in this, because this basically allows...

replies: 12 views: 138
CJ Mastering 6 hours ago

Hi all, I am mixing a track at the moment and I’m happy with the mix I have, which is coming from Studio One Pro, into a MOTU...

replies: 3 views: 291
Quetz 8 hours ago

hey, So, im stumped. Looking for some tips and tricks... 1.) Any recommendations on making something...

replies: 9 views: 340
Asher Bay 9 hours ago

Hi guys, forgive me for my lack of knowledge on music theory... Basically, I don't have the best vocal range, when I want to...

replies: 9 views: 431
CJ Mastering 9 hours ago

Hello everyone (sorry for my english......) Kinda stuck with this for a while now. I just don't get it. Asked on different...

replies: 6 views: 217
CJ Mastering 9 hours ago

To drop +4dBu balanced outputs to -10dBv inputs I am wondering if I could replace the trafos in some Pyle PDC22 DI boxes that I...

replies: 1 views: 177
forestcreature 10 hours ago

(hope this is the right forum?) So about 2 years ago, in a major part thanks to this community's advice and reviews, I'd...

replies: 0 views: 125
MisterV 12 hours ago

Hello from Austria :) Im thinking to buy one of this interfaces .. for me is important SOUND .. PREAMPS .. CONVERTER - Im really...

replies: 5 views: 596
pilvet 16 hours ago

Just looking for some advice on what key elements separate a commercial recording from a amateur recording. I have found that...

replies: 62 views: 2,936
Quetz 21 hours ago

Hello everyone! I definitely fall into the realm of audio novice, and need a little help. I recently purchased a Yamaha...

replies: 3 views: 235
Peachesgg 22 hours ago

I attempt re-amping a lot because I don't often have the option or it is otherwise impractical to track directly through some of...

replies: 0 views: 157
BoomWomb 23 hours ago

Quite a few things here I have a fireface 400 recording straight into a DAW, I produce minimal electro beat orientated music...

replies: 4 views: 315
dodecaphonic 23 hours ago

Can anyone tell me how to run from my Scarlett 18i8 which has balanced mono 1/4 outputs to a pair of these Auratone 5c's for...

replies: 7 views: 212
BoomWomb 23 hours ago

Hi all, I have been making techno with a couple of synths and an mpc for a while and have connected everything via my roland...

replies: 4 views: 338
joeq 1 day ago

Ok so I'm not 100% this is the right place to post this, I'm only posting this here because this is the second place I've ever...

replies: 26 views: 7,498
401KC 1 day ago

I have iD22 with a pair of monitors for my home studio. My monitors just made a very loud static noise. The volume was set low...

replies: 10 views: 515
ZenMaster 1 day ago

I picked up an API 500-b4, looking to use it with my Capi VP26 rockout The back of the lunchbox has no XLR inputs. Are these...

replies: 9 views: 367
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hello all. So I just made a purchase from Redco and they may have messed up my order. The main one was am 8 channel snake that is...

replies: 15 views: 403
tjonau 1 day ago

Hi guys, This problem has been bugging me for over 6 months now so I'll do my best to go into detail and give examples and so...

replies: 12 views: 441
newguy1 1 day ago
replies: 8 views: 339
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hey! i have a preamp and interface. Do I need phantom power turned on on my interface, preamp or both? also, do you monitor...

replies: 2 views: 208
MarkF48 1 day ago

Total Newb Question, I am a decent enough musician, but no idea with mixing, I can't distinguish or hear each individual...

replies: 6 views: 248
wrgkmc 1 day ago

So, long story short, I have been programming lots of music just on my laptop, with a simple midi keyboard, and more recently, my...

replies: 1 views: 242
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hi all, I have a chance to buy a Soundcraft 500 24 ch in good condition. I was thinking of going from my external preamps and use...

replies: 0 views: 191
ljona 1 day ago

should I connect the output from the daking to the return line of the id22 With a TLR Cable, or a XLR from daking to return on...

replies: 3 views: 332
Jake_SJL 1 day ago

My new 8 pre x turned up recently and generally seems great but when the gain knobs are turned completely down a small amount of...

replies: 2 views: 215
Clacklung 1 day ago

Does anyone know how to connect the daking to the id22? I have a few questions 1. Do I need to enable the phantom power on the...

replies: 3 views: 224
unitymusic 1 day ago

hey wasup engineers, I'm struggling at getting a nice bounce glue in my mixes...i'm not a detailed word smiths so i've uploaded 3...

replies: 1 views: 214
jiggagq 1 day ago

Can someone tell me what cable I need to use if I want to connect the 3.5 mm (stereo) output from a laptop into a single powered...

replies: 1 views: 212
woodhenge 1 day ago

Hi everyone! So I have a small studio where I record a lot of stuff, but I don't have room for drums, nor the money to record...

replies: 5 views: 288
Billenius 1 day ago

After reading through the "Vintage Sounding Modern Analogs" thread, I still wasn't satisfied with the discussion, so I...

replies: 4 views: 374
cowudders 1 day ago

I'm exhausted with audio and trying to get good levels and set my equipment up. I have a lot going on and now it seems I...

replies: 8 views: 400
joeq 1 day ago

Advice on Podcasting Equipment I am purchasing podcasting equipment for a home studio (mid-range, nothing crazy, max budget of...

replies: 0 views: 177
PalmerSorenson 2 days ago

I am about to bring in a new band and I want to try some compression on the way in for the first time ever. I have recorded a...

replies: 6 views: 374
nandi 2 days ago

Hi, I have got a Hammerfall DSP sound card A/C to D/C converter and an old analog mixer. Everything is working well, I am...

replies: 4 views: 223
JKuk991 2 days ago

Hi guys, I was recalibrating my mixer and interface gain stages the other day, using Reaper to generate a constant sine wave...

replies: 6 views: 4,310
kcorstel 2 days ago

Hi I kinda got ahead of myself so I am hoping for some sound advice to get me back on track. I have 5 vintage synths...

replies: 1 views: 216
Outsider123 2 days ago

Hey Guys, I’m going to be making my version of walkthrough type gaming videos on Youtube & I had a couple questions on...

replies: 1 views: 236
teknatronik 2 days ago

Hello there I found this video on youtube and wondered what was up YouTube She kinda sculpts her vocal loop with the...

replies: 0 views: 197
saintnicolaus 2 days ago

I just brought a Tascam M-308 mixer, and I have no clue as to how I can hook it up to my computer. I currently have a Focusrite...

replies: 24 views: 551
Jay Davis 2 days ago

Hello gearslutz fam, lately I've been questioning my workflow in regards 2 dithering... I record and mix in ProTools 10...

replies: 9 views: 401
E_Slim 3 days ago

I tracked some vocals in a live room that sounds really bad. i need to EQ or compress the room reflection out. Is there any trick...

replies: 12 views: 397
wrgkmc 3 days ago

My friend has this motherboard ASUS P8H77-M PRO, which in turn has this on-board audio card: Realtek® ALC892 8-Channel HD...

replies: 4 views: 284
MediaGary 3 days ago

* Greetings from one who is just starting out. Generous advice received here (plus a little from my Sweetwater sales...

Gary D Olson
replies: 13 views: 405
Gary D Olson 3 days ago

Hello to all music junkies! rockout New to the forum but many years reading through the articles and posts here. Although many...

replies: 0 views: 198
datablob 3 days ago

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search