The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Newbie audio engineering + production question zone

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 110 views: 57,900
mikeg.lazer 1 week ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 135 views: 68,332
mikeg.lazer 1 week ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 151 views: 124,536
mattiasnyc 3 weeks ago

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 68,982
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 33,597
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 34,350
Jules 1st February 2011

Hey thanks for clicking. I record voices. Well, my own. I have two studios one has Lawo Desk - Digital Pre Amps and Lawo EQ,...

HRPOWER
replies: 10 views: 468
HRPOWER 1 minute ago

Hi there, I've asked this question to Behringer support, who replied with exactly the setup I described (?): I have an...

maxrussell
replies: 2 views: 145
maxrussell 1 hour ago

I'm getting a lot more serious about building an actual dedicated studio space in my home. Having recorded in a very sub optimal...

impossomible
replies: 9 views: 321
acidlab 3 hours ago

Would there be any probelms wiht usinga 48v powered Rupert Neve Di box beofre sendin g it in the APogee's I create probelms? I...

Spano
replies: 0 views: 65
Spano 6 hours ago

Hello, Using altiverb to spice up a mix 80s style by using the yamaha spx90 impulse response. But it seems to not sit on it's...

spektor
replies: 11 views: 423
acidlab 7 hours ago

I'm sure there is a plethora of information about this topic although i'm hoping somebody more experienced can compile some...

danielk.uk
replies: 4 views: 303
stevelindsay 11 hours ago

I record a fingerstyle acoustic guitarist and I have tried and tried to produce a recording that I'm happy with, yet they always...

FinsMagic
replies: 4 views: 274
mikeg.lazer 14 hours ago

Hey guys, I got a C414 XLII which is a great mic so far, but I've been using it into my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 :facepalm:, so I...

wesleyestudiobr
replies: 9 views: 356
pcbiz 15 hours ago

Whats the best way to hook up a compressor? Should I plug it in before a preamp or after, and what's the difference? Also, is...

ThroatCaptain
replies: 23 views: 4,946
travisbrown 16 hours ago

Sorry if this is dumb question... Does an FCB1010 straight out of factory (no chip update) send toggle or momentary messages?...

washburnbill
replies: 0 views: 117
washburnbill 17 hours ago

Hi guys, I am voice actor and recently bought a new dynamic microphone. After using the mic for a few hours, it started...

The0
replies: 6 views: 262
The0 18 hours ago

Hi all, I recently got the Pultec from Klark and I do like it with the little time I've had to play around with it. Are there...

CoilDomain
replies: 1 views: 276
CJ Mastering 19 hours ago

Just listened to MxPx's new song "Let's Ride" for reference to a client who just finished recording and wanted me to...

yarniwre
replies: 3 views: 334
CJ Mastering 19 hours ago

Hi, I'm looking at getting a sequencer I have an MFB522, a Nord Drum, and an Esoniq SQ1. Getting a drum loop of the 522 +...

WebbNZ
replies: 0 views: 128
WebbNZ 19 hours ago

This was talked about a bit on another thread which I couldn't find...just wondering how some of you have done this, what you...

bill5
replies: 4 views: 285
jammiedodger666 20 hours ago

Hello! I just listened to maybe on of the greatest song in this genre from The Black Keys. YouTube The sound that I`m...

ravaell
replies: 4 views: 239
ravaell 21 hours ago

The noise here isn't terrible, but I feel like my levels relative to the hiss are worse than what I've heard in other peoples...

NoobNova
replies: 6 views: 343
NoobNova 1 day ago

I am trying to understand the elements of a mix and also had some producing questions so I know how to mix it no matter what is...

LAMBEAU
replies: 3 views: 340
LAMBEAU 1 day ago

Hey everyone I'm new here..Greetz I am facing a decision making and I ask you in on it to think with me what should be done in...

VIII
replies: 1 views: 239
Synth Guru 1 day ago

Hello people, advice on monitor placement much appreciated..... in a room with the dimensions: Lenght - 323 cm // 127.2...

Gestur
replies: 2 views: 312
J R 1 day ago

I am getting Dangerous D-Box soon and I have RME UCX audio card. The RME UCX has 6 outputs in the back, plus a headphone...

devastat
replies: 5 views: 2,914
Friedrik83 1 day ago

I’m thinking of a Microkorg, however, I’m really skeptical... I need something versatile, that I can pump great, unique yet...

MC Antizino
replies: 7 views: 323
MC Antizino 2 days ago

I have a MPC Live and I want to be able to hook it up to an audio interface. Would the Presonus 68 be able to do the job for me?...

eoetheory
replies: 0 views: 225
eoetheory 2 days ago

Hey everyone. I’ve been stalking these boards for years, this is my first post though so go easy on a noob :) I’ve been...

kroux.music
replies: 0 views: 154
kroux.music 2 days ago

Hi all!... Maybe this is a silly question: I own a Yamaha V50 that has L/Mono - R outputs... What I would like to know...

Stewix
replies: 9 views: 525
MarkF48 2 days ago

*moved to a more appropriate thread*

cmcn
replies: 0 views: 232
cmcn 2 days ago

Hi folks, Money is always an issue so I'd like to find a mixer that I can use both live for FOH mixing .. but could also...

Teines
replies: 3 views: 261
deedeeyeah 2 days ago

I am wrapping up the mixing of my first EP rockout Up until now I've only mixed it using my earbuds (don't judge pleaseee)...

ELECTRO8914
replies: 29 views: 4,349
geeorge 2 days ago

So if say, someone gets a 49 key synth and then a 61 key midi keyboard, will the additional keys be able to make the synth play...

MC Antizino
replies: 3 views: 257
MC Antizino 2 days ago

when was the last time you used a limiter on your master buss and what did you accomplish/ how did you do it?

BoomWomb
replies: 8 views: 492
BoomWomb 2 days ago

I've been watching a lot of Weathervane videos because I think they're great, especially their Shaking Throughs series. But one...

franktree
replies: 8 views: 395
kriptik8 2 days ago

Hi! Recently I have recorded a song and wanted to export it to 24 bit wave file. At first Windows Media Player couldn't play it...

AiXe
replies: 4 views: 313
AiXe 2 days ago

hey guys, i'm new to the forum - been stalking here for years though :D I guess that there have been quite a few people...

Steppe733
replies: 6 views: 918
LifeWhyz 3 days ago

In a quest to try to bring greater clarity to my mixes, I've been researching various EQ techniques and stumbled upon this...

tim727
replies: 5 views: 444
chazmar 3 days ago

It said on the website it only worked on Mac, but I’ve seen people use it on a PC though... * sound editor, not audio...

MC Antizino
replies: 0 views: 220
MC Antizino 3 days ago
replies: 4 views: 283
Jeff Hayat 3 days ago

Hello I am after a bit of advice. Its been about 25 years since I did any recording and I have decided to get back into it....

usher72
replies: 5 views: 351
usher72 3 days ago

So here is my issue. I have a super nice guitar and a nice amp but I don't have any pedals and I don't use pedals enough to buy a...

Jaked4ge
replies: 11 views: 389
joeq 3 days ago

Just to get this out of the way, I am not in any way talking about "mixing controllers" that simply control the faders...

isaacmacias
replies: 29 views: 872
mikeg.lazer 3 days ago

Hi everyone! Right I recently brought a Apollo Twin MKii Thunderbolt for Mac and since upgrading to the Apollo Twin my vocals...

LeeWest155
replies: 0 views: 224
LeeWest155 3 days ago
replies: - views: -
dannydawiz 3 days ago

Hi I've never done this before. If I connect RCA cables from the left and right speakers to the line out XLRs on my UH-7000...

Asim_Hussain
replies: 7 views: 422
Bushman 3 days ago

Hi all, I'm sure I'll be lambasted for asking this, but I'm trying to figure out why I can't get an honest sound out of my mics...

StevieD009
replies: 244 views: 7,240
StevieD009 3 days ago

Hi everyone, I think i need at least 4 extra dynamic mics (or maybee just 2) and preamps to suit in order to record a drum kit...

Subsonic1
replies: 48 views: 699
LLSentelle 3 days ago

Hi guys, gonna try and keep this short and sweet. My go to/typical vocal chain (Which works well for me most of the time) Is...

DenversWorld
replies: 27 views: 841
jammiedodger666 3 days ago

As title says, my KORG SP-250 makes a consistent buzzing noise (Video below) when turned on. The sound will disappear if I plug...

mightymykle
replies: 5 views: 286
MarkF48 3 days ago

What I'm looking for: 88 keys, would settle for 76, might consider 61 semi-weighted pitch/mod controls (probably states the...

bill5
replies: 1 views: 296
dethbyoogabooga 3 days ago

Hey All - My setup used to be Apollo Duo > DBox > PT but I have recently purchased an SSL Buss comp and after A/Bing...

NeedMoreGear
replies: 3 views: 2,099
RiF 3 days ago

I wanted to know this because some things (like rhythm kings), sound so good with effects, but I want to use effects on it...

MC Antizino
replies: 1 views: 293
dethbyoogabooga 3 days ago
replies: 4 views: 251
MC Antizino 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search