The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Sponsored ByThreeBodyTech
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 173 views: 151,483
Tascam238 1 week ago

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 129 views: 74,990
jeb stuart 1 week ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 149 views: 87,351
Jeff Hayat 18th July 2019

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 84,043
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 39,267
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 41,287
Jules 1st February 2011

We're trying to decide between these two products in order to do some demo recording. We have two keyboards, both running stereo,...

greggcain
replies: 0 views: 31
greggcain 39 minutes ago

So, I always thought that a general effect of compression is to make sounds seem more up-front in the mix, which is why it's so...

Proverbalizer
replies: 3 views: 254
Brent Hahn 1 hour ago

Good day everyone, I need help regarding potential clients. I strictly do demo's, that's my nitch, and get them a great liver...

Basslik
replies: 3 views: 506
Basslik 1 hour ago

Hello everyone, I am completely lost when it comes to audio. I have a audio clip where something has went bad with the first 6-7...

chaseuk02
replies: 1 views: 151
HeadlessDinosaur 4 hours ago

Hi all! I need help figuring out how to produce thick, wide-sounding synth basses, and I figured there’s no better community...

nnelg
replies: 16 views: 612
Arthur Stone 7 hours ago

Hi everyone! I was wondering if you can give me a hint where to put saturation in the mixing chain? Before or after the...

schimmelblau
replies: 15 views: 601
hello people 8 hours ago

Hey folks, Im wondering what would be the best way to patch some hardware with my current setup. I´m only using DAW for...

RayGrauberger
replies: 1 views: 378
HeadlessDinosaur 13 hours ago

Hi, I've been making electronic music and mixing it for 20 years, and my mixes are still terrible. I can watch hours and hours...

greatFox
replies: 16 views: 740
Sigma 14 hours ago

Hi, this is my first post on here - not totally convinced it's in the correct place so apologies in advance! I'm just about to...

Jla2019
replies: 0 views: 321
Jla2019 16 hours ago

Hi ! I read that balanced cables are better to get rid of potential noise but then the signal gets through more stuff and...

EmilEchal
replies: 4 views: 493
BT64 19 hours ago

Hi! I'm trying to find the best solution to hook up my stereo compressor (drawmer dl251) over the neutrick patch bay (trs) to...

AGmixing
replies: 4 views: 610
AGmixing 21 hours ago

Excuse me in advance if this is a dumb question. I am just learning all this and want to understand a few things. What do you...

konkon
replies: 21 views: 494
konkon 22 hours ago

so i have a ton of compression options ITB but nothing too high end in hardware..dbx 160 etc. i know there are folks who track...

goldenmean
replies: 6 views: 555
Brian M. Boykin 1 day ago

Hi So hopefully a basic question I have a hardware synth plugging into my audio interface (line in's) and I can't find how...

AMTech
replies: 3 views: 557
AMTech 1 day ago

Hello, I'm taking the big leap into the hardware territory after years of working in the box. I recently bought a Korg ms 20,...

BwoupBwoup
replies: 2 views: 612
Murky Waters 1 day ago

As the question said.. I struggle to capture a warmer, more full bodied sound through my guitar recordings. I know I don't use a...

sammusicnow
replies: 2 views: 410
DownTheLine 1 day ago

Hey I have a small private studio I have been building up this last year. I record hard rock music. Pretty much mono tracks only....

Vintage4life11
replies: 5 views: 752
sumskilz 1 day ago

I am going to be buying a pair of HD 650 headphones and I have heard of people recommending the magni or for amps but I would...

Txtrapline
replies: 1 views: 397
Txtrapline 1 day ago

The usb port 2.0 type B female connector used to power the midi keyboard broke off the PCB Board. i soldered a new connector onto...

Kadjo
replies: 0 views: 594
Kadjo 1 day ago

Hi there I am more analogue synth person but here is an example I am havig problems and was hoping for inspiration to where I am...

NARINDER
replies: 5 views: 750
Jack101 1 day ago

I was just a elementary school kid when this was popular, but, forgive my ignorance, how did they make the music? "Get Into...

BarcelonaMusic
replies: 10 views: 1,402
Sigma 1 day ago

Hello, I have a silly question on achieving/getting a particular reverb sound for vocals. I really like the vocal production...

Typhus
replies: 2 views: 487
Smithburg 1 day ago

Hi ! at the mastering stage, my tracks generallly have -18 db RMS and - 6DB peak . I then put a 2 bus compressor on it...

EmilEchal
replies: 17 views: 648
EmilEchal 1 day ago

Hi everybody, I am almost done with this song which has a mix of singing and rapping. I'm the singer. I have a scheduled...

Big Thier
replies: 10 views: 690
mrfantastic 1 day ago

So, I’m recording my band’s songs for a future release. I’m using an 8-string guitar in standard tuning with the 7th in B...

tc7four
replies: 2 views: 410
tc7four 1 day ago

Hello! I've been producing in Ableton for a little over a year now and I thought it would be cool to get my feet wet with my...

MenaOsiris
replies: 0 views: 361
MenaOsiris 2 days ago

I got a new Zoom R24 last week and successfully recorded a multitrack song Saturday, 7 tracks. I wanted to just learn basics...

WiredAcoustic
replies: 0 views: 335
WiredAcoustic 2 days ago

My apoligies for being unable to figure this one out by myself! 8 tracks from DAW are send to the x32 producer via usb for...

taiwanizer
replies: 3 views: 357
taiwanizer 2 days ago

Hi there. Glad to have found the wealth of knowledge available to help on this forum. I'm mainly making freelance video's,...

matt93
replies: 1 views: 434
ventil 2 days ago

Hi there, so I'm working on some songs and I just feel like there is this huge mysterious chasm between things I record and sound...

part12studios
replies: 2 views: 402
part12studios 2 days ago

I am designing an analog low-volume guitar rig. What I have so far is: Guitar > JCM-stlye amp > Suhr Reactive Load >...

Gaccerin
replies: 5 views: 387
Brent Hahn 2 days ago

Hi Guys Quick question, it is advised that to get a kick drum (for example) to sound fatter one might use a compressor to...

karlamacintyre95
replies: 6 views: 505
Sigma 2 days ago

Hi to all, I have a question to make. I always check my gain in all stages of my productions from composing to mixing. I find...

musicfirexate
replies: 3 views: 463
BT64 2 days ago

I'm trying to use a patchbay in probably an unconventional way. There is a long distance between my interface and my...

SF6
replies: 15 views: 457
BT64 2 days ago

Long story short my signal won't reach my interface if I go through the DI box into patch bay then interface. Let me tell you...

From Ashes
replies: 4 views: 349
Amsoily 2 days ago

I've been messing with my recording gadgets for months but to no avail. There is always persistent 'simultaneous noise' that come...

bluebird73
replies: 4 views: 387
Mario-C. 2 days ago

Edit: I have my answer...no it doesn’t I know the plugin needs to be disabled before rendering from a DAW, but does the same...

jeebles
replies: 0 views: 326
jeebles 3 days ago

Hi there fellow audio peeps! You know that feeling when you come across a song/artist and their vocal mix sounds so damn good...

SkyStudio
replies: 2 views: 391
SkyStudio 3 days ago

How can I reduce harshness, while adding "oomph"? Okay this is something that I've struggled with lately. On some...

soundmodel
replies: 12 views: 552
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Please explain, what are the differences between polarity invert and phase invert? Thank you!

Magnetophone
replies: 1 views: 367
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Hey has anyone recreated Lives MB OTT preset in another plugin ? I know people will say just get Xfer OTT for free but id like to...

bran
replies: 1 views: 421
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

I can't seem to figure out why input monitoring a mic signal into a DAW is sounding different than directly monitoring from my...

etudes
replies: 4 views: 526
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

So, I'm using my new Line Audio CM4s on drums on overhead duties. Really nice mics to use, small, light, unobtrusive. It so...

ampetrosillo
replies: 7 views: 472
deedeeyeah 3 days ago

Hi when initially starting to record say a guitar track, (wet) what is the ideal fader volume setting to begin with, so I am not...

stevie F
replies: 8 views: 623
HeadlessDinosaur 4 days ago

I have a lead vocal, a vocal double, and vocal triple and two harmony vocals. I want the vocal double right under the lead vocal...

Ctate
replies: 19 views: 645
12ax7 4 days ago

Hello. I have an iPad Pro and there are a few music apps I enjoy (Samplr, Animoog, etc.). I want to boost my iPad’s output...

Gruntled
replies: 2 views: 400
BT64 4 days ago

I have recently purchased a whole bunch of studio gear, mainly an akg c214 condensor mic and an Audient iD14, with these running...

reubenaw
replies: 7 views: 487
standingwave 4 days ago

Whats up yall Have you guys had much time to play with auto key detection on pro tools pro? I feel like it chooses C a lot...

sotorious
replies: 2 views: 977
CJ Mastering 4 days ago

Hi everyone, I am quite new to synths and/or electronic music, as so far I mostly recorded per partes with Audacity. I would...

NorbertAmehr
replies: 0 views: 385
NorbertAmehr 4 days ago

Hi , i am a newbie to audio mixer. I need audio mixer that can do the following: microphone that connects to the audio...

sc303610
replies: 9 views: 696
Amsoily 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search