The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Views: 1,244
30th June 2020
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 181 views: 194,547
nosebleedaudio 22nd May 2020

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 146 views: 105,349
aljoy13 8th April 2020

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 152 views: 123,638
puremix.net 10th January 2020

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 101,949
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 44,203
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 49,957
Jules 1st February 2011

I will be conducting a shoot out video, which I hope serves Has interesting and informative to viewers. I want to match the...

DontaBlack
replies: 0 views: 1
DontaBlack 7 minutes ago

Greetings: I discovered today that putting a mono plugin on the Mix Bus (Studio One) and then feeding that mono signal into...

Steve McNamara
replies: 4 views: 101
Steve McNamara 55 minutes ago

Hi guys, I would like to purchase a nice pre. I am looking into either a used AMS Neve 1073 or a 500 series Avedis MA5 or P-1....

GiorgiA
replies: 0 views: 26
GiorgiA 1 hour ago

Hello all, I am fairly new to recording with a pre-amp. I have correctly set up my ISA One into my interface (Scarlett 2i4) and...

madcandor
replies: 5 views: 154
jammiedodger666 1 hour ago

I got an issue where Focusrite support couldn't help so far, maybe the community can help. I got a new Clarett 2 Pre,...

Seamonger
replies: 6 views: 187
Seamonger 1 hour ago

Hey all, first time posting after lurking for years! I’ve been recording a lot more lately (guitar/bass/drums mostly) and...

Julichny
replies: 3 views: 75
bill5 2 hours ago

To my understanding I'm suppose to be able to receive a digital signal from an audio interface (Scarlett) via the Toslink output ...

wordizbon
replies: 5 views: 708
loujudson 3 hours ago

Hey everyone! I am a bass player and novice engineer taking a crack at mixing one of my bands' tunes for the first time....

ChurchyLaFemme
replies: 4 views: 149
ChurchyLaFemme 3 hours ago

Hi, for some time I have been experimenting with multitracking. I record myself a number of times on cello, spread the voices in...

Klomp
replies: 8 views: 189
Wizzomixer 3 hours ago

I recently bought a second had NT1-a and have been trying to set it up. I am using the PreSonus audiobox usb 96 to connect it to...

purpleturtle
replies: 1 views: 94
BT64 7 hours ago

hey, i hope this is the appropriate forum to post this question in.. i tend to dip everything in my project around 300 hz, but...

angelsson
replies: 7 views: 258
Yule 9 hours ago

Hi, my favourite produced record of all time is harvest and I long to get a drum sound similar! An almost impossible task I...

panicinbabylon
replies: 0 views: 56
panicinbabylon 9 hours ago

I've been using my Soundcraft series 600 as a summing mixer recently, but have discovered the line inputs actually run through...

kinjack
replies: 2 views: 116
kinjack 21 hours ago

I have to be honest, as soon as I thought I wrapped my head around the idea of TRS, I'm back to the drawing board. I ordered two...

willpharrison
replies: 3 views: 191
joeq 22 hours ago

I've read in a couple of places that if you automate the volume up by 1dB on your choruses it's a subtle and effective way of...

easter
replies: 10 views: 316
Musiclab 22 hours ago

I'm new to using multiple converters and syncing etc. Using a Profire 2626 as my main interface with outputs 1-2 going to my...

grahamexclaime
replies: 0 views: 75
grahamexclaime 1 day ago

Hello, I've got the following problem. I'm recording with a Aston Origin Condenser Mic, plugged into a Roland Quad Capture....

scheru
replies: 0 views: 108
scheru 1 day ago

Hi, Hope this is the correct section to ask this, if not please advise. I'm having real problems connecting my mixer to...

CoolRekz
replies: 7 views: 135
CoolRekz 1 day ago

I have an Allen and heath gl2400 mixer I have a lot of mono 1/4” TS jack equipment, synths, drum machines... I read the...

elasticc
replies: 6 views: 187
paul o 1 day ago

Hiya, I have just finished working on a track. The kick was sounding excellent through my Adam A7X's and popping through the...

senorr
replies: 1 views: 136
Quetz 1 day ago

Note: I have a popfilter & have attatched an audio clip. When saying a word, usually starting with an "i" my...

Alexander_
replies: 15 views: 431
Alexander_ 1 day ago

for some reason whenever I use my mic there's the weird buzzing/white noise coming from it, I tried swapping out my mic for a new...

stillrisky
replies: 0 views: 87
stillrisky 1 day ago

Hi I recently bought Mackie 1202VLZ4 mixer and I noticed that there are slight differences between L/R volume. In most of...

lapsio
replies: 1 views: 120
Rick Dalton 1 day ago

Whenever I have a lead and background vocal. I usually do what I have to do on my lead vocal, and buss my background vocals to a...

avidlistener
replies: 0 views: 88
avidlistener 1 day ago

Hi, My mixes continually come out a bit too quiet. the dynamics are fine, dare I say good. just, quieter than most. When it...

EmptyVessel
replies: 9 views: 382
syntheticrhyme 1 day ago

Is 16gb enough or should I go for 32? For the 512gb storage I think it’s enough since I also use external hard drives. Is...

intu1tion
replies: 0 views: 99
intu1tion 2 days ago

Hello everyone, I have recorded some mixes to tape, I want to do a before and after comparison but I'm trying to figure out how...

WarPig
replies: 5 views: 177
BT64 2 days ago

Hello all, I have a pair of SSL XLogic Alpha Channel Strips and I was wondering if there’s any way to pass a mix through them...

wcalderon
replies: 3 views: 147
kuasalogam 2 days ago

Morning, long time listener, first time caller. I have picked up an old, yet nice looking, microphone. No longer working. Not...

spotsonthestove
replies: 2 views: 210
Psinglet 2 days ago

I have a Boss br-800 8 track. I am thinking of adding a preamp like the ISA ONE to avoid using the onboard preamps of the Boss....

djmusicman
replies: 6 views: 248
gearstudent 2 days ago

Hypothetically, if you were on a tight budget, what would make more sense? Audio Interface (such as the Scarlett Solo by...

Snuffka der Dick
replies: 3 views: 164
bill5 3 days ago

What’s the difference between a patchbay like the Samson s patch plus and a d-sub style? I don’t get it. You still need to...

elasticc
replies: 17 views: 436
elasticc 3 days ago

OK, I had a mixer with usb audio interface built in. I added 2 ESI UDJ6 units, which gave me 14 analog outputs. I have since...

kelson
replies: 0 views: 103
kelson 3 days ago

Hello. I know this app costs $99. I have a Kontact A61 keyboard coming. Would someone please let me know what other software do I...

steve350
replies: 1 views: 466
Neptune45 3 days ago

So I am looking for a new mic pre for my studio to have more diversity. I have a diyre cp5 with a rogue tec passive eq colour mod...

Anakin69
replies: 4 views: 249
Hale 3 days ago

Is this the category the right place to ask for opinons on some mixes? And also how do I actually post a file here? Thanks.

konkon
replies: 16 views: 328
Sigma 3 days ago

Apologies if this is in the wrong place or has been covered a million times (feel free to link me into the relevant thread or...

Horntech81
replies: 7 views: 305
BT64 3 days ago

Hi, i'm pretty new on the recording stuff front, i've been a singer for a long time so the problem could easily be solved and it...

reefy
replies: 27 views: 69,273
the_hacker40 3 days ago

My goal is to write string quartet movie soundtrack style pieces. I have a JV-1080. I want to try and get the best...

foul_owl
replies: 3 views: 169
foul_owl 3 days ago

Hi everyone, I m wondering what are your general view on these 2 equing technique . Which one do you implement ? 1...

EmilEchal
replies: 3 views: 174
Cirrus 3 days ago

Hi folks, I realize this is probably a no-brainer to anyone more experienced, so thanks for your patience. I'm working...

djchimneysparrow
replies: 4 views: 325
djchimneysparrow 3 days ago

Hi I have two 20 year old FX units (a Lexicon 'Reflex' and a Zoom 1201) and both use similar 12v plug adaptors. I plugged them...

UnderTheStairs
replies: 20 views: 260
Rick Dalton 3 days ago

I use Studio One, and for pannings stereo tracks I have 2 options: either use the channel control pan slider, or a plugin called...

prophet
replies: 1 views: 144
Jake_SJL 4 days ago

When your producing, do you like to put your kick front or center, or do you go for a little further back in the mix? I feel...

Wolf LeProducer
replies: 3 views: 146
Jake_SJL 4 days ago

In this Taylor Swift 'Making Of a Song' Video. You see Max Martin (prod. on the track) recording in an analogue synth at around...

bennyboy1288
replies: 2 views: 193
bennyboy1288 4 days ago

Okay so I’ve just got the sE X1A Condenser Microphone today and it doesn’t seem to be picking up any input on my interface...

Ninety
replies: 1 views: 121
MrKahuna 4 days ago

Hello, Currently i have Roland Rubix22 with Rode NT1-A microphone, My requirement is Back track vocal recording. I have...

csna_2000
replies: 11 views: 407
gearstudent 4 days ago

Hey everyone hope your all well. My question: Between the neve portico 2 & The Shelford: Which overall unit (mainly the...

ZZZXXX
replies: 1 views: 125
gearstudent 4 days ago

I'm trying to setup my Behringer USB Interface UMC1820/Pro Tools Mac to add Focusrite Octopre Platinum as additional 4 to 8 input...

niceviper
replies: 3 views: 175
BT64 4 days ago

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend books or online resources that really dive into the art of tracking. I'm mostly interested...

peterh1050
replies: 0 views: 120
peterh1050 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search