The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Newbie audio engineering + production question zone

Options
Announcement: The Gearslutz 2018 Member Survey is on! Whitecat
29th March 2018 Views: 2,186
Views: 2,186
29th March 2018
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 107 views: 53,304
Etch-A-Sketch 1 week ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 130 views: 63,020
bainmack 9th March 2018

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 148 views: 117,787
mattiasnyc 27th January 2018

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 65,026
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 32,307
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 32,462
Jules 1st February 2011

I've returned to composing and recording music after a 10-year hiatus where I focused on work/school/life stuff and for the past...

jiffybox
replies: 1 views: 240
manosar 40 minutes ago

Hello Guys, I just learned a trick with compression for drum and bass, the real NY compression trick. Now that I tried it, I...

CynicalDux
replies: 6 views: 121
CynicalDux 1 hour ago

I have an example of some music attached that I've written/recorded and at the moment is mostly EZDrummer + Synths. This is the...

jgmusic
replies: 57 views: 849
CJ Mastering 1 hour ago

Hi to all of you professional mixers/engineers. If you want to skip the whole discussion and just give me some simple feedback...

Quetz
replies: 68 views: 1,293
triviul 2 hours ago

I am new to the practice of sending individual tracks to others online for purposes of collaboration and have a general question....

anonymous23
replies: 4 views: 159
anonymous23 2 hours ago

Hello everybody. I’m actually a pro-user but Basic vs. Premium differences are a bit confusing and not well documented. I know...

hes_ko
replies: 14 views: 1,071
dugdanger 2 hours ago

Hello, I have a question about the compression. Why when I increase the attack along with it increases the threshold?

INTrance
replies: 10 views: 377
wrgkmc 3 hours ago

Hi all. My issue : There is a constant white noise present when I arm a track for record using a hardware instrument. The...

Wooksound
replies: 24 views: 874
Lumbergh 3 hours ago

Most of my songs have acoustic guitar, banjo, ukulele, and vocals as the primary instruments - I'm finding it very hard to make a...

elishadavidmusic
replies: 5 views: 206
Brent Hahn 3 hours ago

I'm sure most of us on here have heard the track Lenny by SRV. If you haven't: YouTube I'm curious on how one would go about...

connorzman
replies: 3 views: 280
CJ Mastering 4 hours ago

Hey guys! I'm new here and didn't realise I was missing out on connecting with such a large community of enthusiasts like...

shauryamanga
replies: 2 views: 107
FreshProduce 5 hours ago

Hello guys, any ideas on how the effect on the guitar in the LEFT channel is achieved in this song? It's almost synth-like and...

tanelilucis
replies: 2 views: 236
Dot 5 hours ago

hello, I did a search for this but didn't find anything for my specific question so apologies if it has been addressed. It...

stevensonmat2
replies: 1 views: 260
CJ Mastering 5 hours ago

Hello again friends. I’ve been lucky enough to have the cash to build a nice little home studio. I’m learning pretty quickly...

Redondo Paul
replies: 1 views: 201
CJ Mastering 6 hours ago

Hey guys! Very newbie question here. I'd love to know how people get vocal effects when they're playing a performance. I'd...

angebeatrice
replies: 2 views: 199
CJ Mastering 6 hours ago

Hi everyone. I know posts have been made about this topic before, but none of them solved my issue. I’m trying to double track...

MashburnGear
replies: 28 views: 534
theillusionist 10 hours ago

I'm not a newbie, but I am fairly new to analog tape, so this is sort of a newbie question. I recently acquired a Fostex R8...

KingsX
replies: 5 views: 317
BIG BUDDHA 11 hours ago

Hello. Not sure where I should have put this thread. I'm a musician but a synth newbie. I really want to recreate the synth...

ty45
replies: 1 views: 203
TinyCrossfade 13 hours ago

Hello everyone, I'm new on the forum, though I've been using it for a lot of researching over the last couple of months....

rode87
replies: 0 views: 189
rode87 15 hours ago

Hey guys. I've been creeping around on this site for a few years now and it's been really helpful. Anyways, I was wondering;...

mcl
replies: 2 views: 305
FreshProduce 17 hours ago

Obviously, you cannot sample another artist's music to use or call your own without clearance, but what about sources outside of...

REGGAE
replies: 31 views: 556
Noisewagon 17 hours ago

Hello! I am looking to record a nice high quality EP at home with my band. I have a Presonus Quantum audio interface, it...

Moneymatt7
replies: 5 views: 334
unitymusic 20 hours ago

Hey guys i wonder if you can help me I have a few beats that i made a while back that i rendered to wav files ready to be...

1MAVHERE
replies: 3 views: 306
1MAVHERE 23 hours ago

Hey guys, first post here. I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough as to help me find the percussion samples similar to...

LadiesMan217
replies: 0 views: 190
LadiesMan217 23 hours ago

Hi all, I've been running a podcast for 3 years with an in-studio co-host (my wife, at our table). We're stepping up our game to...

jephre
replies: 0 views: 235
jephre 1 day ago

Hello I just got a UA LA-610 to take my sound quality to another level as I'm just not satisfied with what I got from the...

bobmurdock
replies: 3 views: 253
pief 1 day ago

Advice on Podcasting Equipment I am purchasing podcasting equipment for a home studio (mid-range, nothing crazy, max budget of...

PalmerSorenson
replies: 2 views: 225
nightchef 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
ianob 1 day ago

Hey Everyone, Looking for some feedback on an issue that has taken way too much of my time (but learned a lot along the...

JAYTDOT
replies: 7 views: 339
JAYTDOT 1 day ago

Absolutely love the vocoder effect of Isaac from The Orville. Any ideas on recreating this effect? Anyone know what tool(s)...

steelaudio
replies: 0 views: 287
steelaudio 1 day ago

Which input sensitivity (+4dBu/-10 dBv) settings should I use when connecting JBL LSR 305 speakers directly to the Realtek ALC892...

NOOHP
replies: 0 views: 198
NOOHP 1 day ago

I'm pretty new to this side of audio as I've always just used headphones so I'm not entirely sure what's going on... I've got...

MerkZ
replies: 14 views: 397
MerkZ 1 day ago

hey everyone i recently bought a rode k2 for a lynx l22 interface, i was wondering the mic goes into either left or right, how...

superbness
replies: 5 views: 271
superbness 1 day ago

Picked up an Omnitronic Sound Mixer SM 120 (Can't find much about the model at all) and looking around I need some kind of UCA...

DigitalX
replies: 4 views: 281
ShadowsOfLife 1 day ago

Let's say I want to use a passive summing box. I need a couple of preamps to provide make up gain. Can I use something like the...

dilznik
replies: 1 views: 265
Arthur Stone 1 day ago

Hello I write it in desperation, forgive logic of some sentences. I'm struggling with it all day. I do not need technical...

NOOHP
replies: 2 views: 268
NOOHP 2 days ago

So for an audio class project I need to reproduce the sound of Led Zeppelin 1 as closely as possible. I have musicians who can...

GiveMeYourGuitar
replies: 22 views: 602
NEWTON IN ORBIT 2 days ago

Hey Guys, Apologies if the answer to this is elsewhere but i really can’t find a definate answer anywhere! So, my question...

ItsMisterVee
replies: 46 views: 1,177
andychamp 2 days ago

Good morning all! This is my first post here, so forgive me if I may have involuntarily skipped any rule, and let me now just in...

tadm
replies: 14 views: 422
tadm 2 days ago

A decade ago I used Soundtrack Pro like it was going out of style for audio clean up and noise removal on old productions and...

steelaudio
replies: 3 views: 265
rumleymusic 2 days ago

Hi everyone! So I mainly (try to) produce classic jungle and hardcore music, UK 92 - 95 era type stuff. Anyway... A...

core2lee
replies: 13 views: 467
BIG BUDDHA 2 days ago

Wasn't sure where to post this.. I've traced an issue I'm having with my Focal Solo6 to two chips on the board, but there could...

Lostinthamusic
replies: 1 views: 269
jseelye02 2 days ago

I'm about to start tracking bass for my punk band which will likely be sent off to be re-amped. I'm not entirely sure what my...

SBSB
replies: 2 views: 287
Brent Hahn 2 days ago

Hello there! I'm looking for a portable sound recorder to carry on with me and record field sound samples to use in music...

saberpoder
replies: 4 views: 332
saberpoder 2 days ago

I recently purchased some new equipment and have some questions as I'm not entirely sure that it is working as it should. So,...

MrVitaminP
replies: 8 views: 350
MarkF48 2 days ago

Hello. I have a simple and yet a difficult problem to tackle. I have an Audient Id14, and the problem is that whenever I want...

pechius
replies: 0 views: 239
pechius 3 days ago

As a music producer I can produce in wide scale except for west coast sounding stuff. I'm lately into that G sound, so I was...

Ruuben
replies: 2 views: 313
fresh101 3 days ago

I get trouble in making vocals further. Low range always boomy and exaggeratedly whenever vocalist emphasize, hence, jump out of...

tuantranaudio
replies: 5 views: 389
Brent Hahn 3 days ago

Folks, this is my first time posting here, so forgive me if the question should go in a different forum. I am wondering what to...

saltyd
replies: 7 views: 10,776
jasper1234 3 days ago

I am a home recorder guy who records just basic drum, guitar, vocal, bass, keyboard maybe, shaker etc music... I aim for a...

hello people
replies: 28 views: 580
hello people 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search