The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Newbie audio engineering + production question zone

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 100 views: 47,432
Piedpiper 6 days ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 127 views: 55,843
zukan 29th November 2017

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 129 views: 108,883
whocancatchme 1st September 2017

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 59,687
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 30,933
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 30,132
Jules 1st February 2011

Hi - I'm looking for a recommendation for what gear I should consider buying for my desired setup. I have a chair with my...

cellomello
replies: 0 views: 22
cellomello 1 hour ago

Ok. I've searched and can't quite find a definitive answer so here's the (possibly dumb) question. I want to use an outboard...

Rayray2000
replies: 4 views: 120
dethbyoogabooga 1 hour ago

the instruments: mostly - Guild dreadnought acoustic guitar, voice, some nord electro 5d keys, Guild archtop, Roland hpd-20...

mglide
replies: 1 views: 115
mglide 2 hours ago

HI all. I really love the cymbal effect on songs like 'Levee breaks'. I know this was achieved through placing the mics far away....

MaxTT
replies: 1 views: 80
Sigma 3 hours ago

Okay so I know this is a super basic question, but I want to make sure I've been doing this right... The first image is the...

Dhji
replies: 12 views: 444
Sigma 3 hours ago

Hello, I have a Casio keyboard with unweighted keys that I use to record with. The sounds it comes with are great, which is why I...

Herritytyler
replies: 5 views: 153
GregkoNYC 4 hours ago

Hi...thought I'd ask opinions from those with experience here. I'm looking for a nice, clean 500 module...mostly for acoustic...

BooBooKittyMeow
replies: 4 views: 125
Celinara 5 hours ago

I've been using my M-216 mixer to route everything into my Duet for a while, but I'm a little confused on how to integrate my...

GLP1Antibody
replies: 1 views: 212
ventil 5 hours ago

Been listening to loads of Herberts tunes from 1995-1998 lately. I can get similar drums but I was wondering if anybody had any...

pot_noodle
replies: 1 views: 81
Owen L T 6 hours ago

Hi, I wanted to start making beats on my MPC1000 and for that i wanna connect my turntable and dj mixer to mpc1000 for...

illsabio
replies: 2 views: 221
ventil 7 hours ago

Hi all, I am running an AEA TRP into my apollo twin (original model) via the mic inputs. I just realized that there is no way to...

rdsyo
replies: 5 views: 218
ventil 7 hours ago

Hello, This is my first official post but I want to say that I've been lurking on GearSlutz since 2012 and I love this...

RecklessYuki
replies: 0 views: 102
RecklessYuki 11 hours ago

Hi. I'm pretty much a newbie to DAWs and mixing. I'm going to be recording my drums at home and am about to buy the Presonus...

Merlin5
replies: 36 views: 1,126
Merlin5 12 hours ago

Hi. This is a song of mine. Love Song For Mermaids. I'm having real issues with compressing piano properly, and hoped to get...

tluke
replies: 4 views: 263
tluke 13 hours ago

Hello, first im form Brazil and im thinking about having a recording studio. Sorry for my english and my newbie questions. I...

Matthew Corss
replies: 1 views: 154
cavern 14 hours ago

I would assume that this 512c fits no problem into one slot of the Neve R6 rack. Did I just make an ass of u n' me? ...

BoomWomb
replies: 2 views: 227
BoomWomb 15 hours ago

Hi everyone! Since I'm new here I first want to thank you all of you for this wonderful forum! I've found a lot of...

marco.garsed
replies: 3 views: 150
diogo_c 15 hours ago

Hi there, Where can i find real accapellas of songs i like and would like to remix. I would pay for it im not looking for...

CrapKontrol
replies: 7 views: 334
FreshProduce 17 hours ago

I recorded an entire album of guitars. Progressive Power Metal Genre. ie: Scar Symmetry Style. Guitars. And I tracked 7 songs...

EpiphanyOfMusic
replies: 16 views: 492
PeterP_swe 19 hours ago

I’m trying to mic myself singing and playing my Eastman 12 fret 00 size guitar. Have a modded Rode NT1 LDC that sounds great...

jayme
replies: 4 views: 262
jayme 20 hours ago

Hello all, Case: i thinking to buy high impedance headphones (250 ohm) and due to the fact that i will power them from a usb...

sinvm
replies: 2 views: 178
sinvm 20 hours ago

Hello from Austria :) Im thinking to buy one of this interfaces .. for me is important SOUND .. PREAMPS .. CONVERTER - Im really...

pilvet
replies: 0 views: 136
pilvet 20 hours ago

Accidentally applying +48V to mixer's output dangerous? How are you all? I am sorry for asking a simple question. I am...

Soundhare
replies: 1 views: 208
ventil 22 hours ago

Long time reader, first time (I think) poster! I've listened to this song a lot lately, and I'm wondering what precisely I'm...

jcop
replies: 0 views: 174
jcop 1 day ago

I was reading the manual for the AKG Perception 420 condenser mic and noticed that the stated frequency range (20 Hz -20 kHz)...

NamesIrrelevant
replies: 6 views: 300
NamesIrrelevant 1 day ago

I'm currently running Cubase 8 pro with a number of hardware synths including nord stage 2, moog sub phatty, roland gaia, roland...

stabmasterflex
replies: 2 views: 207
dethbyoogabooga 1 day ago

Hello fellow slutz! I've been a long time reader but this is my first post. I have a Soundcraft GB2R-16 mixer here in my studio...

Gazeebo
replies: 6 views: 273
Gazeebo 1 day ago

Hi All, I once had a pair of Beyer Dynamics- I seem to remember that they were solid and easy on the ears. I was thinking...

AudioJunky
replies: 15 views: 664
hello people 1 day ago

Hi I need an audio interface (Mac) or monitor controller, or both, that will allow me to send audio to 2 pairs of studio monitors...

bassbinoctuplets
replies: 44 views: 5,581
Justdamato 1 day ago

Hi looking for Hi hat loops preferably generated by a drum machine, e.g. like the Boss dr110 or 808 etc. Where can i find these?...

Johncameron1
replies: 3 views: 245
Club Foot 1 day ago

Hello, I have an A&h Gs3 mixer (my first console), 10 channels of outboard preamps and 32 channels of AD/DA converters...

Logima
replies: 2 views: 211
Logima 1 day ago

I've recently been delving into researching what keyboards and synths were featured in some of my favourite songs, but I'm having...

jamjaytrain
replies: 5 views: 251
FreshProduce 1 day ago

Finally upgraded Pro Tools and bought some plugins that made me care about my ITB mixes (thanks to Slate and Scheps). Happy with...

SPatrick
replies: 10 views: 382
Sigma 1 day ago

As the title reads, I am kinda new to everything when it comes to music production. And to this website. I have fruity loops,...

Dreni
replies: 3 views: 239
DamnFineCoffee 1 day ago

After years of listening, learning, recording, mixing, mastering I came to the simple conclusion (which most of you already...

ilalin
replies: 9 views: 387
ilalin 1 day ago

1. Radio station studio: radioTest.wav - Google Drive 2. School studio: hamiltonTest.wav - Google Drive How can I make...

mkkaudio
replies: - views: -
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hey everybody! I'm a real noob at this, so my terminology might not be the best. Lets say I want to set up a 8.1 PA-system....

YeahYeahYeahYeah
replies: 4 views: 234
mattiasnyc 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
FreshProduce 1 day ago

Hey guys! I'm having some trouble with connecting my Roland D-50 to Logic Pro x via my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 interface....

Farlock
replies: 3 views: 245
GregkoNYC 1 day ago

You know how the API 6 slot lunchbox has a two pass thru channels (7 & 8)? Does a 500 series unit exist that gives you the...

buttonjaw
replies: 1 views: 242
KamandaSD 1 day ago

I have a bunch of Guitar DIs friends have sent me over the years and I'm wondering, is their a way to "tone match" the...

Underoath77
replies: 4 views: 227
bgood 1 day ago

Hi! I am wondering which monitors should i pick for small, untrearted room (4,5 x 3,5). I've read that hs5's has very poor...

bezkwitu
replies: 4 views: 879
gasolin 1 day ago

Hey all, new to the forum, and music in general. Ive always been in rock bands but never before ventured into the DIY solo...

sleepfc
replies: 3 views: 291
sleepfc 2 days ago

Background: I have always found it unbelievable how the simplest songs become hits and are so great to hear. To illustrate...

kizn
replies: 6 views: 373
Owen L T 2 days ago

Daily Tech Music Show Bi-Weekly Update January 8 Show 23: Today We Discuss: Realitone: Fingerpick January 9 Show 24: Today We...

MichaelDroste
replies: 0 views: 179
MichaelDroste 2 days ago

I recently bought a Beyerdynamic M55 microphone at a flea market. It has a captive cable on it that ends in a male 5pin XLR. The...

joethehobo
replies: 1 views: 932
jonmcliff 2 days ago

Hi guys, Im not a total newbie to the music game but i am not well versed on this new digital world.... I have a friend in the...

Imakebeatz2
replies: 14 views: 429
FreshProduce 2 days ago

Hello , I Have focusrite scarlett 2i2 audio interface I have Roland Rh-200 headphones I want to upgrade to Beyerdynamic 770...

MikeZero
replies: 3 views: 412
sinvm 2 days ago

Hello, friends! I am wondering if the ZED-10FX can assign different effects into different channels. I play guitar and...

arunki
replies: 3 views: 230
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

I'm currently using a first gen Focusrite 2i2 and it's a workhorse, it has yet to fail me. But after doing some reading and...

alanslippers
replies: 2 views: 290
sasholino 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search