The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 136 views: 71,216
GautamRoy 3 days ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 152 views: 128,912
mattiasnyc 8th September 2018

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 110 views: 60,496
mikeg.lazer 9th August 2018

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 71,407
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 34,664
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 35,468
Jules 1st February 2011

Hey my fellow slutzs! So how loud should I record? For example: When I record, I do not use Limiting/Compression,...

AudioFreq
replies: 32 views: 992
kcorstel 46 minutes ago

I just wanted to know about the stereo miking techniques for vocals.boing

GautamRoy
replies: 0 views: 24
GautamRoy 58 minutes ago

Hey everyone! I'm new here and I'm not sure how much of a newbie question this is but, I have a pair of Yamaha HS8 monitors...

draytone_
replies: 8 views: 182
Bushman 2 hours ago

Hi gearslutzers! I’m Chris from Rome ITA and this is my second post since I registered here on Gearslutz! Firstly I would...

Chris Tarzia
replies: 9 views: 345
BIG BUDDHA 6 hours ago

I recently got my hands on a couple VSTs of emulations of old effects hardware (like the Eventide H3000) and then started to...

EurekaSeven
replies: 4 views: 143
Wizzomixer 10 hours ago

Hello folks, I need some expertise advice! My bass recordings are just dull & lifeless. Zero harmonics, no resonance,...

MisterCrayle
replies: 33 views: 776
jdier 13 hours ago

I’ve never mixed on a console, and I’m trying to think through a hypothetical mixing scenario to understand what I assume to...

Ravenclaw
replies: 0 views: 154
Ravenclaw 14 hours ago

Kinda stumped here. Really hoping someone could lead me in the right direction. So I have a hybrid setup centered around an...

okturus
replies: 2 views: 185
mattiasnyc 17 hours ago

Hi everybody! I have a question about mix bus saturation and I'm having a hard time finding an answer specific to rock and...

Halfstackstudios
replies: 1 views: 214
open_source 18 hours ago

Aren't these the best settings? 192 sample 32 buffer When I press my keyboard on Logic Pro, the sound I get is...

CuriousYearner
replies: 7 views: 315
BT64 1 day ago

Hi, I'm new here, hoping someone can help me. I am recording with Pro Tools 11.2.1 through a Digidesign 003 Rack+ Yesterday...

Slim Pickens
replies: 1 views: 175
FreshProduce 1 day ago

Hi guys, I'm recording some clean electric guitars thru an amp, DI > 1073 > EQ > Compressor > DAW and generally...

Farabut
replies: 12 views: 342
mattiasnyc 1 day ago

OK, I know there are several different reasons why the production of a Sparklehorse song sounds so good. The main thing I want to...

chrisdvr4
replies: 15 views: 6,459
mikelevitt 1 day ago

Small set of home studio monitors going into zoom r16. Try to turn them up and they crackle and die. Can anyone help

Blarvey
replies: 3 views: 325
open_source 1 day ago

Hi there, I'm looking for an analog synthesizer for driving classic house / tech house basslines. A friend recommended the...

lavince
replies: 2 views: 207
guyacier 1 day ago

For 432 hz tuning I set my temperament to pythagorean because I read it was the best (unless you know better). Below my...

CuriousYearner
replies: 32 views: 550
teleharmonium 1 day ago

Hey, first time posting here. Did some search but haven't found the answer so I would like to ask. tl;dr: Is there any...

thepetr
replies: 7 views: 697
bill5 1 day ago

Hey everyone, I am currently having a really hard time trying to give a short experimental track I created (Kontakt samples) a...

Napfkuchen
replies: 3 views: 255
jammiedodger666 1 day ago

Are the delay vox processed on another channel or something? Plz recommend plugins/techniques to get this specific kind of delay...

thebodyelectric
replies: 1 views: 191
danthonymusic 2 days ago

I''ve got a interesting question for anybody with some experience from a total neophyte. I've got 1 completed and bounced...

azbryanw
replies: 3 views: 285
azbryanw 2 days ago

Listen to this track off the Ocean's 12 soundtrack: YouTube I'm curious how to get the compression sound. It's on the drums in...

danielkov86
replies: 2 views: 271
open_source 2 days ago

Greetings all Sorry for the dumb question, but as the title implies, what do you need to connect the MADIFACE XT via PCIe? I'd...

MrAwfulSounds
replies: 0 views: 190
MrAwfulSounds 2 days ago

Hey guys! I'm relatively new at producing music and I still have a long way to go in terms of producing a quality track. I've...

shaunchin
replies: 15 views: 447
shaunchin 2 days ago

I record Rock/Pop Country type tunes and I try to sonically match those genres. I usually hi-pass my final mixes at 20hz which...

bvdd
replies: 15 views: 527
ShadowsOfLife 2 days ago

Hi guys, Long time viewer for answers, never signed up and posted before, for one because I didn't begin to know enough to...

begals
replies: 10 views: 458
bowzin 2 days ago

I'm a musician, music and music production teacher and newbie mixing professional (started 1 year ago, 7 or 8 tracks for close...

Nyroh
replies: 30 views: 897
bowzin 2 days ago

Hi guys, We have an amateur band that I'm recording in my basement. I'm using a Mackie Onyx 1640i, and recording onto a...

Krauthammer
replies: 2 views: 224
mattiasnyc 2 days ago

I'm getting a Mackie 24 8 bus mixer. I want to be able to record tracks from the mixer to my daw and also be able to playback...

jerrykillsit
replies: 1 views: 223
BT64 3 days ago

I'm curious to know if people are getting great results without tons of plugins. Basically, can you create a nice recording and...

tobinharris
replies: 34 views: 687
pief 3 days ago

So basically I’ve always just recorded raw hip hop vocals with no compression and compressed my vocals using plugins after in...

Santw_96
replies: 33 views: 1,075
Brian M. Boykin 3 days ago

Hello folks I’m going to record a friend of mine who owns a Yamaha C7. The recording will take at his home (not a studio...

Lovecraft
replies: 1 views: 207
jammiedodger666 3 days ago

Hi I'm in college doing a music technology course. One of the criteria is about equipment for live sound. This, obviously,...

Pookah
replies: 1 views: 205
jammiedodger666 3 days ago

Hi everyone ! I have a Matrixbrute, a PSR and Ableton Live 10. Which other gear should I buy ? I think about the Waldorf Kyra,...

GHP
replies: 0 views: 203
GHP 3 days ago

Hello again. I am considering signing up for one of these or something else if anybody has some other suggestions. I am curious...

foamboy
replies: 8 views: 2,311
JSchlomo 3 days ago

So what do you think guys? Line out to return input of audient? Mic out to mic pre of audient? Something else perhaps? And what...

villis
replies: 3 views: 214
Zargg 3 days ago

Good morning collegues, I've been recording vocals with a Lexicon Omega for the last 10 years and due to bad (or even...

Milla
replies: 0 views: 181
Milla 3 days ago

Hi, newbie here. i currently have the presonus audiobox itwo but cant get a good signal from it. the preamp in it are so weak and...

TUNJAY
replies: 3 views: 224
pief 4 days ago
replies: - views: -
joeq 4 days ago

I have been using a mackie profx8 mixer to run my internet radio station for about 6 months now. All of a sudden if I touch the...

Rcwarren
replies: 1 views: 234
Wayne 4 days ago

A bit of an esoteric question, but over the years, I've heard a number of engineers talk about the angles of microphones being...

CEB
replies: 1 views: 215
Wayne 4 days ago

Hello there ! I'm trying to connect a rode NT1 to a Xenyx Q802 USB mixer or to a Zoom H4nPro without results. - When I...

tiquicia69
replies: 0 views: 194
tiquicia69 4 days ago

I've been hearing about Garageband forever and one thing that keeps bothering me about it is how some people supposedly create...

SlugPass
replies: 22 views: 661
open_source 4 days ago

Good day, thanks for paying attention to my thread. The thing is i am studying mix.engineering and working in headphones for...

Tamer Lane
replies: 33 views: 1,184
jammiedodger666 4 days ago

I've been trying to record on Logic Pro x for so long to no avail. I've tried multiple things that people have suggested and...

producer679
replies: 15 views: 504
stella645 4 days ago

Hey there ablian I made home studio a year ago for 'personal demo(n)s, and now i liked the way I'm going and decided to made...

iamsovun
replies: 0 views: 205
iamsovun 4 days ago

Hi everyone, recently i upgraded my mixer to a behringer UFX12. Everything is solid but i got one huge problem. I can't seem to...

Vitalised
replies: 0 views: 207
Vitalised 4 days ago

Hey all, Newbie here with a question I've been curious for answers for lately! I have a rather modest home recording setup...

Flight_of_Icarus
replies: 15 views: 555
crosscutred 4 days ago

Hi! Im trying to create a ratchet effect.. without modular synths. Like the sounds you can hear starting at 0:50 in this...

sdhdavid
replies: 4 views: 309
open_source 5 days ago

Hi All, I am after getting a USB mixer that is able to allow me to choose which sources to just monitor, and which to send...

Sasquatch91
replies: 3 views: 311
Poinzy 5 days ago

Hi there I am quite new to the world of synths thus I decided to start my quest by purchasing a volca keys and beats. To...

aigovoskos
replies: 6 views: 311
aigovoskos 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search