The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Views: 1,001
30th June 2020
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 181 views: 194,454
nosebleedaudio 22nd May 2020

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 146 views: 105,299
aljoy13 8th April 2020

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 152 views: 123,592
puremix.net 10th January 2020

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 101,890
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 44,163
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 49,934
Jules 1st February 2011

Hiya, I have just finished working on a track. The kick was sounding excellent through my Adam A7X's and popping through the...

senorr
replies: 0 views: 1
senorr 48 minutes ago

I've read in a couple of places that if you automate the volume up by 1dB on your choruses it's a subtle and effective way of...

easter
replies: 5 views: 191
SyneRyder 2 hours ago

Hello all, I am fairly new to recording with a pre-amp. I have correctly set up my ISA One into my interface (Scarlett 2i4) and...

madcandor
replies: 1 views: 61
Jake_SJL 3 hours ago

Hello all, I have a pair of SSL XLogic Alpha Channel Strips and I was wondering if there’s any way to pass a mix through them...

wcalderon
replies: 3 views: 108
kuasalogam 4 hours ago

hey, i hope this is the appropriate forum to post this question in.. i tend to dip everything in my project around 300 hz, but...

angelsson
replies: 2 views: 87
edva 7 hours ago

Morning, long time listener, first time caller. I have picked up an old, yet nice looking, microphone. No longer working. Not...

spotsonthestove
replies: 2 views: 185
Psinglet 10 hours ago

I have a Boss br-800 8 track. I am thinking of adding a preamp like the ISA ONE to avoid using the onboard preamps of the Boss....

djmusicman
replies: 6 views: 225
gearstudent 11 hours ago

I have an Allen and heath gl2400 mixer I have a lot of mono 1/4” TS jack equipment, synths, drum machines... I read the...

elasticc
replies: 3 views: 92
loujudson 12 hours ago

Hypothetically, if you were on a tight budget, what would make more sense? Audio Interface (such as the Scarlett Solo by...

Snuffka der Dick
replies: 3 views: 139
bill5 13 hours ago

What’s the difference between a patchbay like the Samson s patch plus and a d-sub style? I don’t get it. You still need to...

elasticc
replies: 17 views: 400
elasticc 16 hours ago

OK, I had a mixer with usb audio interface built in. I added 2 ESI UDJ6 units, which gave me 14 analog outputs. I have since...

kelson
replies: 0 views: 63
kelson 18 hours ago

Hello everyone, I have recorded some mixes to tape, I want to do a before and after comparison but I'm trying to figure out how...

WarPig
replies: 3 views: 103
Phil Cibley 19 hours ago

So I am looking for a new mic pre for my studio to have more diversity. I have a diyre cp5 with a rogue tec passive eq colour mod...

Anakin69
replies: 4 views: 222
Hale 19 hours ago

Is this the category the right place to ask for opinons on some mixes? And also how do I actually post a file here? Thanks.

konkon
replies: 16 views: 304
Sigma 22 hours ago

Apologies if this is in the wrong place or has been covered a million times (feel free to link me into the relevant thread or...

Horntech81
replies: 7 views: 281
BT64 23 hours ago

Hi, i'm pretty new on the recording stuff front, i've been a singer for a long time so the problem could easily be solved and it...

reefy
replies: 27 views: 69,040
the_hacker40 1 day ago

My goal is to write string quartet movie soundtrack style pieces. I have a JV-1080. I want to try and get the best...

foul_owl
replies: 3 views: 146
foul_owl 1 day ago

Hi everyone, I m wondering what are your general view on these 2 equing technique . Which one do you implement ? 1...

EmilEchal
replies: 3 views: 141
Cirrus 1 day ago

Hi folks, I realize this is probably a no-brainer to anyone more experienced, so thanks for your patience. I'm working...

djchimneysparrow
replies: 4 views: 298
djchimneysparrow 1 day ago

Hi I have two 20 year old FX units (a Lexicon 'Reflex' and a Zoom 1201) and both use similar 12v plug adaptors. I plugged them...

UnderTheStairs
replies: 20 views: 235
Rick Dalton 1 day ago

I got an issue where Focusrite support couldn't help so far, maybe the community can help. I got a new Clarett 2 Pre,...

Seamonger
replies: 5 views: 155
Seamonger 1 day ago

Hi, My mixes continually come out a bit too quiet. the dynamics are fine, dare I say good. just, quieter than most. When it...

EmptyVessel
replies: 8 views: 314
Jake_SJL 1 day ago

I use Studio One, and for pannings stereo tracks I have 2 options: either use the channel control pan slider, or a plugin called...

prophet
replies: 1 views: 114
Jake_SJL 1 day ago

When your producing, do you like to put your kick front or center, or do you go for a little further back in the mix? I feel...

Wolf LeProducer
replies: 3 views: 121
Jake_SJL 1 day ago

In this Taylor Swift 'Making Of a Song' Video. You see Max Martin (prod. on the track) recording in an analogue synth at around...

bennyboy1288
replies: 2 views: 165
bennyboy1288 1 day ago

Okay so I’ve just got the sE X1A Condenser Microphone today and it doesn’t seem to be picking up any input on my interface...

Ninety
replies: 1 views: 95
MrKahuna 1 day ago

Hello, Currently i have Roland Rubix22 with Rode NT1-A microphone, My requirement is Back track vocal recording. I have...

csna_2000
replies: 11 views: 385
gearstudent 1 day ago

Hey everyone hope your all well. My question: Between the neve portico 2 & The Shelford: Which overall unit (mainly the...

ZZZXXX
replies: 1 views: 104
gearstudent 1 day ago

I'm trying to setup my Behringer USB Interface UMC1820/Pro Tools Mac to add Focusrite Octopre Platinum as additional 4 to 8 input...

niceviper
replies: 3 views: 156
BT64 1 day ago

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend books or online resources that really dive into the art of tracking. I'm mostly interested...

peterh1050
replies: 0 views: 95
peterh1050 1 day ago

Hi all, first post! I have been doing home recordings for some time now. I just got a Scarlett 18i20 do start doing drum...

dylanburrett
replies: 1 views: 111
justmusic 2 days ago

I have got an Indie-Pop song that includes an 8-piece string section. I am struggling a bit with reverb for the strings to make...

prophet
replies: 6 views: 263
prophet 2 days ago

Hi, I found a similar question on this forum already but no one had replied to it. I have an Apollo Twin, I've used it for...

mattlottery
replies: 15 views: 343
mattlottery 2 days ago

Hi all, If one wanted to simply increase the bit depth of, say, 16-bit PCM samples, to 20-bit, without altering the audio in...

Zudobug
replies: 7 views: 201
UnderTow 2 days ago

What are some typical mic setups and techniques used by the pros on different instruments (acoustic guitars, mandolin, B3,...

erike123
replies: 10 views: 471
gearstudent 2 days ago

I'm in the market for some 5" monitor speakers (small room) and keep reading that flat response is better. For example the...

d4z0mg
replies: 8 views: 298
Sigma 2 days ago

So I've already read a lot on here and other places and obviously there can be a lot of differing opinions on what the most...

Garvan
replies: 7 views: 299
fallout 2 days ago
replies: 0 views: 139
Wolf LeProducer 2 days ago

I find that I am always getting right channel drop outs at the final stages of summing. I sum each song with slightly different...

BoomWomb
replies: 4 views: 142
BoomWomb 2 days ago

I have only one microphone and wanted to know if it is unheard of to double track a mono recording of an acoustic piano and pan...

Matthewrayrgv
replies: 5 views: 179
Sharp11 3 days ago

Hello All! Today I had a client complain about distortion in their headphones. I have a Scarlett 2i2 2nd gen linked up to one...

MoeTRH201
replies: 1 views: 106
Cabirio 3 days ago

So for the people that want to know how to get that bachata guitar sound i will tell you what you need this is the authentic...

StudioStive
replies: 13 views: 1,592
jml designs 3 days ago

Hi All, I’m just starting out on music production and I’ve been using a DAW until now but would like to move to more tactile...

Joss
replies: 7 views: 328
monkeyxx 3 days ago

Dear slutz, I quite literally just got the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 for Christmas and have been trying to set it up but with no...

ktmay2
replies: 12 views: 68,845
crazybassist32 3 days ago

Hi everyone, I am a voice actor and for the first time got a claim from a client telling me that the recording I submitted...

The0
replies: 23 views: 497
Wizzomixer 3 days ago

Hi guys, very basic question this. I got a pair of Yamaha NS10s that I want to hook up to a mikser (Tore Seem Sesam 2) or my...

ArntzenArtizterier
replies: 10 views: 267
ArntzenArtizterier 3 days ago

Hello. Does anyone know the proper way to pan a stereo tracks in protools? I notice they are 2 pan pots. One all the way to...

siopao777
replies: 12 views: 6,475
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Hello, I am located in Europe just fyi. When plugged into the power outlet, my pair of Rokit 6 G3 has a static noise (constant...

gamba66
replies: 1 views: 135
gamba66 3 days ago

Hello there, I have a mass of cables that are all six feet long and in reality they all need to be different lengths. Is it...

TheJay
replies: 5 views: 298
BT64 4 days ago

My interface is a Tascam UH-7000. And My headphones are Sennheizer hd600. The Tascam has no problem driving the hd600's, and by...

RGBeatman
replies: 0 views: 130
RGBeatman 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search