The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 153 views: 127,473
Akailama 1 week ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 182 views: 201,804
omega75 11th December 2020

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 148 views: 109,616
Axle_australia 15th September 2020

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 105,607
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 47,172
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 51,881
Jules 1st February 2011

Was hoping someone here could help me out. I can't seem to get rid of this mic noise unless I lower the gain to a level that's...

seans
replies: 2 views: 83
seans 8 minutes ago

Hi GS, I was wondering what type of microphones and mic arrangement they used to record the piano in this concert. The sound is...

Tispian
replies: 2 views: 103
Tispian 39 minutes ago

What would be better for mixing? Thank You Very Much!!

newb
replies: 0 views: 43
newb 1 hour ago

so im new to this interface and wanted to know if its possible to reamp signals with it im getting an avalon v5 that has the...

hauntedsurfer
replies: 1 views: 60
CJ Mastering 2 hours ago

I am open to spending up to $1K if it will make a significant difference. This is for home recording. I’m really interested in...

Hell0IamMike
replies: 7 views: 181
Progger 2 hours ago

Hi I was wondering if anyone knew if there is currently a way to transmit audio from a set of earphones with two microphones that...

JackTheRipper774
replies: 14 views: 216
Rick Dalton 2 hours ago

Hey guys, I have a question about reamping. I use the Universal Audio Apollo Twin as my main interface, but my studio has been...

nickagga
replies: 6 views: 2,429
hauntedsurfer 3 hours ago

Hi!! 3 way or 2 way speakers better for mixing? Thank You Very Much!!

newb
replies: 5 views: 122
mattiasnyc 3 hours ago

Okay so I'm doing a duet with a friend .. I'm pre recording an accordian track then we will record vocals over the top. So far...

Jed90
replies: 1 views: 188
Arthur Stone 3 hours ago

hey just wanted to see if anyone out there has a fine tuned baritone guitar plugin chain. i play a dan electro baritone and it...

angelsson
replies: 3 views: 237
deepmidwest 3 hours ago

This track: "Samu.l - Around You", is currently for sale on beatport. When I listen to the preview of the track on...

TheEnigma
replies: 2 views: 329
Badgemanfox 3 hours ago

Hello... Does anybody know: if I study a track at 44000 hz sampling frequency beacuse of the slow cpu, when I bounce the track at...

STRUCTURE9RAH
replies: 2 views: 82
STRUCTURE9RAH 5 hours ago

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum so hope this is the right place to post. I got a degree in audio so I get the audio jargon etc...

AdamMatt
replies: 3 views: 157
CJ Mastering 6 hours ago

Trying to get a handle on this acoustic rhythm sound. Sounds really smooth, warm and very little dynamics. Is it just heavily...

Keith1643
replies: 8 views: 195
Keith1643 16 hours ago

Hopefully this is the right thread for this type of question. I am having trouble using my ART VoiceChannel digital in unison...

aperfectsong13
replies: 0 views: 73
aperfectsong13 20 hours ago

I'm looking to use a 5-pin XLR microphone headset for my mixing board. (Headset example.) My mixing board does not support 5-pin...

UMDelt
replies: 4 views: 109
Rick Dalton 20 hours ago

The isolated guitar master track below sounds of less quality compared to the guitar master track in the official song which...

mzfl1
replies: 7 views: 327
joeq 23 hours ago

Slutz, freshflowe so far, I've worked with an RME card and some active Neumann speakers. Now, I'm thinking about buying let's...

philburns
replies: 2 views: 152
Bill Way 1 day ago

I'm currently in post-production on a 16mm short film, and our sound mixer is preparing 5.1 and mono mixes. 16mm film prints only...

16mmBoi
replies: 0 views: 139
16mmBoi 1 day ago

TLDR; Subtle noise from DBX 286s no matter if microphone is plugged in or not, pls help Hi, I recently got a DBX 286s for...

MythMoo
replies: 5 views: 3,890
RobinL 1 day ago

I suppose this is a dumb question, but that's why it's in the newbie section, right? If I've recorded exactly one track via...

HomeStudioDad
replies: 25 views: 381
HomeStudioDad 1 day ago

Hello all, Im posting because I need a solution after trying almost everything! I am using an AKG C414 XLII on a Tube Pre...

Rakan333
replies: 15 views: 572
pencilextremist 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
gearmeupscotty 1 day ago

Hey there! Long time lurker, first time posting. To cut the story short I have some hardware I've been using to make music for...

rickyv303
replies: 4 views: 161
JEK3 1 day ago

I have a question about gain staging. I use analog emulation plugins (my favorite being Waves Cla 76 and Cla 2a) so how would you...

Cap1talc
replies: 3 views: 162
ambiguous signal 1 day ago

Not just bass, I'm looking for a full range tactile transducer where I can FEEL all the frequencies. Something I would use in...

MixingChamp
replies: 1 views: 102
ambiguous signal 1 day ago

Hi!! Should I laminate the wood or just use the oil treatment for the Desk. Is the sound better with wood only? Thanks!!

newb
replies: 6 views: 170
newb 1 day ago

Hello folks!!... newbie here.... So I've dug out my old pc to make some music in lockdown....I've bought myself a pair of...

Lukeyboy
replies: 10 views: 292
Korcraft 1 day ago

Hey... does anybody knows: if every time I resample a sound in a ableton song, because of trying to bypass the cpu using less...

STRUCTURE9RAH
replies: 0 views: 97
STRUCTURE9RAH 1 day ago

Hello all — I am looking for a Oscillator VST (or any VST) which can allow me to programme separate oscillators modulating...

alexander__
replies: 0 views: 85
alexander__ 2 days ago

Hi All! Wondering if you could help me out. I had an odd issue with my set up creating this...

Chrispy1987
replies: 13 views: 1,478
Zerious 2 days ago

Anyone have any idea what's going on here? I recorded my acoustic with 3 world class mics and it just doesn't sound that clean,...

Bigtommyp
replies: 11 views: 256
pencilextremist 2 days ago

Hello, i'm new in music production every time i send the single trax or the master trak to the mastering service they are near...

STRUCTURE9RAH
replies: 2 views: 162
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

hi everyone! if i manage to open an electret mic without damaging it do you think i can change capsules simply swapping them?...

pingalep
replies: 1 views: 101
ambiguous signal 2 days ago

I play a lot of clean guitar for the style of music that I write (acoustic and electric). If I'm playing an electric guitar,...

TKM 34
replies: 8 views: 195
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

I am in the process of rewiring my old studio and would like to integrate my legacy MOTU 828 (1st series). Installed all the...

UncleGroOve
replies: 1 views: 104
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

here is my setup: audio interface: audient id14 daw: logic pro (i have turned off software input monitoring) mic: aston...

ttrextt
replies: 5 views: 153
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

Hi everyone, Apologies in advance but I am a total newbie when it comes to hardware synths and the right connections they...

gearmeupscotty
replies: 7 views: 186
gearmeupscotty 2 days ago

Hi there! I am having an issue with my TR-8s which is midi-connected to Ableton Live. The TR-8S allows you to define the notes...

eZmononom
replies: 0 views: 97
eZmononom 2 days ago

Hi there, I just bought a new audio interface Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. But I have a problem that I can't solve it for days. The...

MystycalFanfare
replies: 33 views: 66,287
Home Pruducer 2 days ago

Hey! I just bought a Behringer UMC1820 to replace my smaller Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, and I’ve had it for about a week now....

Kaseki
replies: 17 views: 316
ambiguous signal 2 days ago

I'm using audient id14 and logic pro for some vocal recording. in the id mixer I read around -10db for my mic, but in the...

ttrextt
replies: 4 views: 177
Sigma 2 days ago

I have just ordered a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 (8 inputs) to track drums and nearly full live bands. It comes as a firewire...

DestructionLord
replies: 5 views: 142
oldmanstan 2 days ago

Hello, When i plug my audient Evo 4 in using the USB-C to USB-A into my dell usb adapter into the Type-C port on my Dell XPS15...

tarrys
replies: 4 views: 221
Korcraft 2 days ago

Hey I posted earlier but I didn’t get any replies. :-( Am I posting in the right spot for this? I want to record singing in...

Hell0IamMike
replies: 18 views: 650
Hell0IamMike 2 days ago

Doeas anybody knows how/where find Beyerdynamic DT 990 600 ohm sonarworks reference calibration profile because there's only...

STRUCTURE9RAH
replies: 3 views: 162
Korcraft 3 days ago

Hey guys, I'm having a problem with one of my latest songs and I'm not quite sure what to do. I've watched videos about...

Hok
replies: 12 views: 283
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Hello everybody! I want to record in my living room (the piano is a Yamaha C3) and I’m hoping to get some Tipps and tricks...

HancockCorea
replies: 34 views: 621
HancockCorea 3 days ago

Hi all I'm a musician with a home studio, and I've just taken my first plunge into the lunchbox world. I'm not a beginner in...

Drew Bypass
replies: 3 views: 227
Drew Bypass 3 days ago

Hi all, I'm a total newbie when it comes to midi and chaining different hardware devices together. Can someone help me to...

gearmeupscotty
replies: 0 views: 28
gearmeupscotty 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search