The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 140 views: 82,540
Etch-A-Sketch 2 weeks ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 151 views: 95,929
Wayne 3 weeks ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 173 views: 161,949
Tascam238 9th September 2019

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 88,730
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 40,617
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 43,511
Jules 1st February 2011

Take a listen please..does it sound to smacked? Are the highs too much? I normally send our mixes out to master but I'm trying to...

lumpcalhoon
replies: 1 views: 114
BIG BUDDHA 1 hour ago

I just ordered another compressor. This one is a stereo compressor and has an unblanaced trs input and output per channel. I want...

camomiletea
replies: 27 views: 299
camomiletea 2 hours ago

Hi, it always seems to be impossible for me to edit my acoustic guitar or vocal recording in a song where this is in focus of...

kwaem
replies: 9 views: 412
joeq 2 hours ago

Hello All, I want to try to sing to studio monitors. I've read about different ways to try to do this with minimal bleed. What...

BoomWomb
replies: 0 views: 82
BoomWomb 3 hours ago

Hi! I'm quite new to synths but fell in love with old analog synths. I've heard that it's quite risky to buy used ones like an...

nightoul
replies: 2 views: 136
badmark 7 hours ago

I’m having a strange issue with the mic level slowly increasing in volume and then decreasing in a cycle. Never had this issue...

Rarely_Spoken
replies: 1 views: 116
CJ Mastering 12 hours ago

Why does hardware/analog sound like 3D and plugins/digital like 2D?

erike123
replies: 212 views: 6,588
12ax7 12 hours ago

I'm looking for a budget mixer/pc interface with independant channel phantom power. At present I have 2 mics I want to use at the...

Genesis1
replies: 11 views: 255
MarkF48 12 hours ago

Hi, just got a blackbox HG2 . I put it on a my master before limiter . Here are the files with/without the BBox...

EmilEchal
replies: 0 views: 100
EmilEchal 13 hours ago

I’m looking to get my first analog synth and could use some advice on which of these to purchase. I know the poly d hasn’t...

wolfywolf
replies: 1 views: 170
MaztotheUla 14 hours ago

Hi there... I just wanted to ask how to get that center and side big separation that can be found often in rock records. Blink...

J.Martinez
replies: 9 views: 285
J.Martinez 15 hours ago

Cymbals are swirling the overheads it's my fault I was in a hurry and didn't follow the 3 1 rule any way to fix them? I tried...

lumpcalhoon
replies: 17 views: 656
lumpcalhoon 15 hours ago

Hi, I'm currently mixing my band's demo and I'm having hard time mixing guitars. I think they sound weird, esepcially in palm...

ulumulu14
replies: 0 views: 132
ulumulu14 15 hours ago

Hi, I've been struggling with mixing kick & clap/snare problem for years... Im not able to make a such sounding mix in any...

DocSlow
replies: 26 views: 617
lumpcalhoon 17 hours ago

Hey guys, I'm trying to find a place where I can purchase this vocoder by roland, anyone know if they are still being...

xXGreenXx90
replies: 3 views: 192
CJ Mastering 19 hours ago

So, this is an old problem for all of us I think. You get your mix sounding great in your studio, then off to your car and it...

retiredstudio
replies: 40 views: 911
Quetz 19 hours ago

I am having trouble lately getting snares to sit in the mix. They seem to really jump out and compete with the vocals. I try to...

cap217
replies: 7 views: 221
DocSlow 23 hours ago

I've learned about Sidechain but have failed to utilize it in a session. I understand the basic concept of it, basically...

nicholasr325
replies: 5 views: 195
nicholasr325 1 day ago

Is it just me or does Logic Pro X have amazing sounding stock instruments compared to Ableton. I demoed Logic Pro X yesterday...

xXGreenXx90
replies: 0 views: 116
xXGreenXx90 1 day ago

Hi, I'm starting to use serial compression and I want the first compressor to be the one that has the fast attack and release to...

Brendonintendo
replies: 5 views: 234
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Has anyone out there tried any tube swapping with the Warm 47? If so, did you like it and what tube did you use? I picked one...

blotto
replies: 12 views: 1,247
Bushman 1 day ago

hi folks - just finished a song using real instruments in garageband and now realise that its too slow. short of re-recording the...

moongod
replies: 5 views: 198
joeq 1 day ago

Hi! Anyone knows how they did the intro in this song? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE6pANWJGuU Thanks

lumocolor
replies: 2 views: 197
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

As a beginner, I typically add some EQ to my masters and still they just don't have the clarity or character I'm searching for. I...

deern
replies: 13 views: 882
Proverbalizer 1 day ago

I run my vocals through an la2a clone which has its own gain section. Can someone please run me through the basics of the...

camomiletea
replies: 4 views: 182
camacozie 1 day ago

I was given an audient iD4 to use with my DAW, but I see it only has 1 line in... would it be possible to use that for the L...

MargaritaMix
replies: 1 views: 131
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Newbie question here, I'm a bit confused by the term "mono-compatible". My understanding of a mono-compatible mix is...

Scoox
replies: 9 views: 326
Quetz 2 days ago

Hello! I am a new and a bit inexperienced AV Tech at a school. I've been asked to connect an NAD Stereo Amp model 3130...

squircle
replies: 7 views: 261
Quetz 2 days ago

I was curious if its safe to hook up a Cloudlifter to a patchbay? I'd like to be able to quickly swap mics onto it. But my...

kernsyworld
replies: 2 views: 185
David W. Jones 2 days ago

How was this vocal sound achieved? https://youtu.be/GClmCWG8OI0 I'll have access to this microphone (Sony C800g) and a 500...

Cesarnsanchez
replies: 2 views: 240
wrgkmc 2 days ago

So... I’m new to this and I’m trying to see if I can work with what I have at home. I don’t want a great mix for now, just...

Mieleko
replies: 2 views: 290
bill5 2 days ago

For Christmas, I want to get my boyfriend the Shure SM7B Cardioid Dynamic Microphone, Focusrite Scarlett Solo (3rd Gen) USB Audio...

Lana90
replies: 9 views: 429
Brent Hahn 2 days ago

I recently posted two Lo-Fi hip hop songs to SoundCloud but they don't seem as loud as other songs I listen to. I did my best to...

olearyi
replies: 19 views: 962
olearyi 2 days ago
replies: - views: -
NOA91 2 days ago

Quick question I have the focusrite scarlette solo 3rd gen. I have 2 computers and 1 microphone. I would like to be able to use...

kzpl27
replies: 3 views: 228
Scumbaguk 2 days ago

Hi Guys I was wondering just when its appropriate to use a linear phase EQ. I have multiple kick tracks that I bus to a kick...

karlamacintyre95
replies: 4 views: 291
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

Hey everyone, I’m currently trying to find out how one could make the lives of beginning producers a lot easier ;) Which is...

ProducingTekk
replies: 2 views: 183
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

So ! its my first post ! I currently have the Presonus 16r to run 3 stereo IEM mixes for my X3 PSM...

rotaxhead
replies: 11 views: 811
DownTheLine 3 days ago

This is probably a noobquestion, but I was just curious for which applications this would get used, because I never ever needed...

neoking
replies: 7 views: 194
12ax7 3 days ago

Hi there Gearslutz! I've learned a lot from browsing these forums over the last year, and mainly I always found what I was...

classicalguy25
replies: 4 views: 246
classicalguy25 3 days ago

As I'm building my studio (finished up pretty much) I've been reading extensively on the whole mixing thing, watching tons...

Deleted 5edf3fa
replies: 149 views: 10,892
Russell Dawkins 4 days ago

Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question. Does this signal path make sense and is it feasible? SIGNAL PATH: (L)...

dnouse
replies: 9 views: 281
Quetz 4 days ago

Hey, Basically I am starting to record more Violin and soon Vocals, wondering if I need to spend more time on tweaking what I...

dv0dv0
replies: 4 views: 243
dv0dv0 4 days ago

Hey guys I can't seem to find ANY information on this issue anywhere online. I'm using Cubase 5 and there's a large amount of...

karlamacintyre95
replies: 11 views: 367
jerry123 4 days ago

Accidentally posted twice.

Travisjohnallen
replies: 0 views: 169
Travisjohnallen 4 days ago

Hey everyone.... I am having some stability issues—weird, right? Anyway, I have a Mac Pro 1, 1 with 2 owc ssds: one for pro...

Travisjohnallen
replies: 0 views: 150
Travisjohnallen 4 days ago

Hi there, I am trying to connect my TV (headphone out) and Chromecast Audio to my monitors using my Focusrite Scarlett 6i6....

GeorgeB01
replies: 5 views: 353
Quetz 4 days ago

Hey all, I have some Native Instruments stuff, a couple of the Abbey Road Drummer packs, and another freebie or two. I imagine I...

dewey decibel
replies: 1 views: 184
BT64 4 days ago

I'm eyeing the Samson S patchbay as I've acquired two compressors, two eqs and and some other outboard gear. When mixing, I...

blotto
replies: 10 views: 471
wrgkmc 5 days ago
replies: - views: -
deedeeyeah 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search