The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 168 views: 141,424
nosebleedaudio 1 week ago

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 122 views: 67,921
Nuieve 1 week ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 145 views: 80,311
DIGIT 3rd March 2019

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 77,909
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 36,791
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 38,530
Jules 1st February 2011

is there any reason to prefer Midi cables before usb cable connection to PC? In my home studio, I would like to connect midi...

mertas
replies: 8 views: 3,315
Julez 5 minutes ago

I have never been satisfied with the vocals in the DAW. Interface is 6i6. I have a handful of microphones, and I record them at...

mark1971
replies: 21 views: 457
mark1971 8 minutes ago

I've got a reflective area (my kitchen). It sounds really nice from my perspective. It's around 16x12x10ft. I'm thinking a...

stixstudios
replies: 6 views: 75
stixstudios 18 minutes ago

I have my tascam 414 cassette recorder plugged into an mbox 3rd gen interface via an rca to dual 1/4. It goes from the line out...

rhinoceros
replies: 4 views: 262
RustyRafters 25 minutes ago

hey so it seems like vocals recorded professionally sound like there ontop of the beat even with headphones they kinda sound...

Jasonxolly
replies: 14 views: 567
CJ Mastering 27 minutes ago
replies: 9 views: 561
CJ Mastering 1 hour ago

I currently don't use a DAW and just record straight onto a 24 track recorder. For vocals i use a few different mikes thought...

redhenry
replies: 3 views: 141
CJ Mastering 1 hour ago

Okay I've been a DJ since 1990. Along the way I purchased some production gear and lately revisited and bought that gear back...

Billy2Kay
replies: 2 views: 149
CJ Mastering 1 hour ago

While I know my fair share about audio I am writing here as I have no experience with passive studio-monitors and little...

Synthbrass
replies: 9 views: 257
Synthbrass 6 hours ago

So I am playing an mp3 track on my phone conected to an anolog mixer into the AUX ports of my mixer Then from the mixer I run it...

Lunch and bell
replies: 38 views: 666
Muser 7 hours ago

When you’re recording a stereo pair of overheads, do you adjust the preamp gain to be equal or do you adjust so that the snare...

lm183902
replies: 2 views: 117
chrischoir 8 hours ago

Ok I thought I knew what I was doing after asking some questions here and on the Presonus forum, as well as some Pro Tool videos...

TheEdge
replies: 5 views: 514
sdarr 11 hours ago

I know this has been out there a bunch but of course its gear, so it never ends. I made a video of my impression of the Black...

zathrasb5
replies: 0 views: 107
zathrasb5 12 hours ago

Hi, I recorded a stereo piano track (using the entire range of the piano) via MIDI and a VST ('The Maverick' from Native...

Bart Michiels
replies: 2 views: 170
Prodba 14 hours ago

I'm interested in purchasing a book (or finding a blog or the like) that can provide, among other things, a kind of reference...

franktree
replies: 9 views: 365
wrgkmc 18 hours ago

What XLR connection type is needed for Scarlett 2i4 2nd Gen? AT2035 to be bought soon. Looking to connect matthiasnyc 2035 to...

boombapdame
replies: 6 views: 202
caseyleesharp 19 hours ago

Hi everybody. I hope i am on the correct page for this question: I am always coming up with rhythms and patterns with my...

kooly
replies: 2 views: 297
ravecity24 19 hours ago

Hi all, I have the following setup: Output 1 on audio interface -> input on guital pedal -> output on guitar pedal...

krgr
replies: 14 views: 2,270
DirkP 22 hours ago

Hi guys, I would like to get a overview what I would need for a full hardware setup in the future with the only use of a...

Coenf99
replies: 6 views: 336
Pindrive 1 day ago

Hey guys. So today i just got an old synth basically for free and i need to connect it to my interface. What im wondering is if i...

mareSLO
replies: 6 views: 289
mareSLO 1 day ago

I have a old passive volume pedal that I am wanting to use again, but the potentiometer is bad, I will be using the pedal with...

eartoyz
replies: 4 views: 279
wrgkmc 1 day ago

If I and my recorded audio to come in around -24 LKFS/LUFS, what is the best way to use pro tools metering to do that? Or a third...

KSMUSIC
replies: 3 views: 246
64gtoboy 1 day ago

Hi, I haven’t recorded anything in over 2 decades and I just found some of my gear and really need a refresher before I start...

khalz75
replies: 4 views: 299
khalz75 1 day ago

Hi all, I’m Getting back into recording some demos, but i need advice about multitrack units that have been out there for the...

khalz75
replies: 2 views: 251
khalz75 1 day ago

So Blink's album California has been out for some time now, and I've been really trying to figure out what they're doing with...

brodieskiddlz
replies: 1 views: 301
brodieskiddlz 1 day ago

Hi, Still Corners have absolutely fantastic production. They're playing near me soon. We'll see how a live show holds up against...

Romdave
replies: 3 views: 332
bainmack 1 day ago

Hello guys, I don't really know if it's the right forum for this kind of philosophical question but It has been driving me...

Sybille
replies: 70 views: 1,087
Bushman 1 day ago

Hey folks, The preface is that I’m a musician trying to improve my sound. I know very little of sound reinforcement. I...

Josephryanevans
replies: 4 views: 262
Bushman 1 day ago

Voltage question: I’m probably entering the semi-modular/modular experimentation world soon. One of the items I plan to...

dysamoria
replies: 3 views: 365
dysamoria 2 days ago

Hi! I think it's my first time writing here and I had some questions about outboard gear especially EQ/Compressor. I'am a little...

Albastudio
replies: 5 views: 652
ywshuo 2 days ago

Hello all Looking to get an old mbox Pro 2 so I can open some old pro tools file on pro tools 8 LE? The wave files are 96 kHz...

Mbroady
replies: 4 views: 266
Mbroady 2 days ago

We live near the shore and wanted to bring the sound of the lapping water and other "nature" sounds into the house. I...

Mossytoes
replies: 0 views: 235
Mossytoes 2 days ago

Hi, weird question ! I have reduced hearing range at a young age, because of loud sounds. Now I stopped every dangerous...

Pepino456
replies: 3 views: 288
pief 2 days ago

Hi All, I have written a house track with a heavy emphasis on a piano melody(Think Calvin Harris/MK) played using minor...

Funkwave
replies: 9 views: 346
jerry123 2 days ago

I am the proud owner of some old KRK V88 monitors. Bought them in the early to mid 2000s. Worked great for years, fairly...

accameron
replies: 1 views: 254
Poinzy 2 days ago

I have had this issue come up a few times in the past. So, I was curious to see outside methods of resolving this...

BLANK_DREAM
replies: 2 views: 270
Murky Waters 2 days ago

Hello there, I'm having a problem with the connection of my speakers (Marantz LD20) to the amplifier (Rotel Ra-931), I have...

FoolsGold
replies: 0 views: 252
FoolsGold 3 days ago

I know this is something some mixers struggle with (myself included). Can anyone with experience or insight tell me if mixing...

greengravel
replies: 11 views: 705
pief 3 days ago
replies: - views: -
bill5 3 days ago

Hello fellow Slutz! I am a professional trumpet player who has for years played "wanna be recording engineer" in my...

jazzmcazz
replies: 19 views: 634
amanitas 3 days ago

I am wondering how you guys would route your mixes with effects and reverbs? I am currently doing something like this:...

M_nyh
replies: 8 views: 401
Monotremata 3 days ago

I'm a songwriter and mainly I record vocals and guitar on Garageband. I bought a Scarlett 2i2 and admittedly was intimidated at...

pockett
replies: 1 views: 242
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

This is all new to me so I dont know what to looking for when I buying a mixer But dose a mixer with EQ effects and reburb give...

Lunch and bell
replies: 21 views: 436
Lunch and bell 4 days ago

Right now i'm using an USB mixer so i'm not familiar with other setups really. I slowly want to move to getting a bigger...

NerdyUsername
replies: 12 views: 399
NerdyUsername 4 days ago

Hi, I cannot find an answer to this either on the forum on Google. I've got lots of vocal clips on a track and the most...

Romdave
replies: 3 views: 285
Romdave 4 days ago

Hi, everyone. I'm new to recording and mixing and have been working on a cover of Welcome To The Jungle by Guns 'N Roses, which...

melvin7727
replies: 5 views: 335
melvin7727 4 days ago

I'm relatively new to recording and still trying to get my head around things. I recently got to record some tracks in a really...

bamsehopp
replies: 13 views: 470
Scragend 4 days ago

I'm not sure how similar these two products are. Are they both sequencers?

Skwisgaar
replies: 7 views: 365
Scragend 4 days ago
replies: - views: -
Cribbles 4 days ago

I'm in the process of trying to learn to mix my own songs (I make rap/hip hop), and one issue I usually have is the hook being...

Vocalrecording
replies: 6 views: 329
Karloff70 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search