The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 121 views: 66,870
jmwatt1234 4 days ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 154 views: 139,626
Matt Syson 1 week ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 145 views: 79,249
DIGIT 3 weeks ago

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 77,105
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 36,549
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 38,174
Jules 1st February 2011

Hi guys, I am a voice actor and I use a Neumann TLM102. I have recently experienced a problem when turning on phantom...

The0
replies: 8 views: 199
Matti 3 minutes ago

hey guys, i need some feedback/more ears! i got this track and sample original - Clyp it is muddy and needs more clarity...

Caine
replies: 12 views: 350
akai612 1 hour ago

Hey there everyone, I'm new to recording and don't completely understand gear, mics, mixers etc and looking some recommendations....

jacobmh44
replies: 2 views: 139
dethbyoogabooga 4 hours ago

hi all, i haven't been around much of late, i haven't even been recording. my folks had a house fire last June, and due to...

Hamsterdam
replies: 1 views: 117

Hello All, I have used Audacity in the recent past to edit and produce community radio vox pop audio interviews. My new work...

Guitar Man
replies: 1 views: 108

They just ain't sitting right. I know that I'm meant to do the ol': 1. Find problem in the sound 2. Fix problem in the...

AlexVild
replies: 5 views: 160
AlexVild 11 hours ago

hey, im using krk rokit rp5 g3 and when i connect them straight to my audio interface there isnt any hum or white noise but as...

Jasonxolly
replies: 0 views: 105
Jasonxolly 12 hours ago

Forgive me if this is discussed already somewhere. I feel like I have exhausted my abilities to search on this great...

Willbchap
replies: 3 views: 248
Bushman 14 hours ago

I’ll start C64 with mssiah cart(anyone know some different carts?) Ekdahl Moisturizer Dynacord EC280 Those old...

ravecity24
replies: 0 views: 118
ravecity24 15 hours ago

Hello all, I'm after some advice on vocal chain hardware, here's what I have now; Vocalist: Temperamental but gets the job...

itwillendintears
replies: 2 views: 399
tobinharris 16 hours ago

Hi, Newb here. I have recorded 3 tracks from Logic Pro x from the loops library. I have a Mac book pro, a Saffire pro 40, a dbx...

Jmuse53
replies: 0 views: 111
Jmuse53 16 hours ago

Hi!! Can someone explain what and how you do a midsize compression with 2 compressors? I've read about this only by name...

Richonamps
replies: 0 views: 125
Richonamps 16 hours ago

I haven't used patchbays yet so I'm trying to figure out whether they could suit my need: I am using a lot of volume pedals for...

AnalogGuy
replies: 0 views: 116
AnalogGuy 16 hours ago

Hi there, newb here. As the title suggests, I'm having difficulty getting my Saffire Octopre MKII to talk to my Gen 1 Scarlett...

BlackHallSound
replies: 0 views: 102
BlackHallSound 16 hours ago

Hello everyone! Long-time lurker. Not sure if this is the right place to post this type of thing. I'm trying to take steps to...

Adriel_Jeremiah
replies: 5 views: 355
Adriel_Jeremiah 16 hours ago

Easy peasy question: do i need a pop filter for recording vocals on a Shure SM57? If so, which one do you suggest me, metal or...

thelessiknowtheb
replies: 5 views: 1,234
shvffle 18 hours ago

I've done some research and experimentation, but I can't get my triple recto to sound acceptable to me. Specifically what I find...

AJS_gtr
replies: 5 views: 254
AJS_gtr 19 hours ago

Hello everyone, I'm an amateur producer and I was wondering if anyone could help me understand what certain equipment I need...

Glyph The HB
replies: 3 views: 383
Synth Guru 22 hours ago

Hi there, Guys this problem is driving me nuts. I'm pretty sure it's masking but I can't seem to figure it out. So I'm...

Romdave
replies: 2 views: 231
Prodba 22 hours ago

I've had my songs (hip hop songs with a two track beat) semi professionally mixed by people before, but I recently started trying...

Vocalrecording
replies: 12 views: 394
wrgkmc 22 hours ago

Hey, I have done my research and watched some courses but I'd like to ask some questions about cutting low frequencies in...

musicfirexate
replies: 13 views: 333
Monk u 23 hours ago

At the end of this question, will be a detailed "HELLO, I am ____ and I can ____. Im here to help just as much if not more...

Skettalee
replies: 0 views: 126
Skettalee 1 day ago

Hey all I'm currently doing some experiments for a “brass and synth” project I'm working on. I'm sending a baritone horn...

MonVieuxMilou
replies: 3 views: 256
MonVieuxMilou 1 day ago

I have a musical vision of creating a very texture-driven album, with heavy usage of FX to make the guitars sound much different...

brainpile
replies: 6 views: 261
brainpile 1 day ago

This happens often! It fixes it self and then it happens again. I dont understand the issue... Here are some...

cheguevara93
replies: 10 views: 255
kingstonmike 1 day ago

I have a pair of Presonus Eris5 for the last 3 years. Today, while I was playing test sounds so I can solve some acoustic...

matheussiq8
replies: 0 views: 210
matheussiq8 1 day ago

Hey, I'm looking to record my band and require a console mixer with either 7 xlr inputs or 4 xlr inputs and 3 1/4" jack...

jacobmh44
replies: 4 views: 256
Scragend 1 day ago

Good morning. I’m new to the Active /Pro world.. I’m looking at buying a pair of PMC TwoTwo8 next week. Mainly for home...

CGM
replies: 1 views: 241
CGM 2 days ago

My recording interface (Roland Rubix 22) does not have an XLR output. I want to reamp my guitars, but without an XLR-out, I...

scis
replies: 1 views: 191
BT64 2 days ago

hey there, i'm using a akai mg614 mixer at the moment and i can't seem to find much information about it on the internet....

dodecaphonic
replies: 134 views: 3,102
dodecaphonic 2 days ago

Hey guys, long time member, long time reader, rare if ever poster. But I've bought a house and built out my garage into a nice,...

Deadletteroffice
replies: 0 views: 194
Deadletteroffice 2 days ago

hello everyone, i am wondering why my mixes sound good on speakers and distorted on phones. i want my mixes to sound good on...

gegen
replies: 33 views: 1,254
Stuart B 2 days ago

Hi there, I record in Studio One. I am considering switching back to Logic because my mixing engineer uses it. I'm not sure...

heftylefty
replies: 9 views: 323
joeq 2 days ago

Hey dear Fellows i really got a problem to let the analog rytm sound like a rich production... how are you treating your...

rsda1980
replies: 0 views: 193
rsda1980 2 days ago

So, my one KRK Rokit 5 monitor is only outputting a little sound through the tweeter and nothing through the speaker. I've...

spexy
replies: 4 views: 235
spexy 2 days ago

Voltage question: I’m probably entering the semi-modular/modular experimentation world soon. One of the items I plan to...

dysamoria
replies: 2 views: 313
M.Retra 2 days ago

Hello everyone! I just picked up a used Midas Venice 320 for mixing purposes and now I realize that, go figure I have to connect...

Omen Audio
replies: 2 views: 192
Wayne 2 days ago

Hi, I cannot find an answer to this either on the forum on Google. I've got lots of vocal clips on a track and the most...

Romdave
replies: 2 views: 203
Wayne 2 days ago

Hello, I am a female choir teacher and would like to be able to sing into a microphone and instantly have my voice drop an...

Songbirds
replies: 4 views: 235
Noisewagon 2 days ago

I recently recorded drums for the first time on my portastudio, and when I got the drummer to have a jam while I set the trim, I...

Silvan Shrigley
replies: 3 views: 584
RustyRafters 2 days ago

Dear Gearslutz, I have following in my new location: - Manley Reference C. microphone - Rupert Neve Preamp - Vocal booth...

antilife
replies: 2 views: 233
matt pinchin 2 days ago

So Ive been thinking of making my next big purchase soon and having a hard time picking between getting a lunchbox and individual...

sweetheart
replies: 0 views: 195
sweetheart 2 days ago

Hi guys, New to the forum and hoping someone will be able to help as after having spent a day tearing my studio apart I'm on...

patrizioknight
replies: 2 views: 209
patrizioknight 3 days ago

So..the question is in title...

delayed_flight
replies: 8 views: 333
Brian M. Boykin 3 days ago

HI Folks, I recently bought a WA273-EQ for my home setup. I came across this...

cpsmusic
replies: 1 views: 179
BT64 3 days ago

Hello there! I'm getting new room for myself where I can practice, produce and also able to record some instruments. (I...

shimoyjk
replies: 0 views: 148
shimoyjk 3 days ago

I recently purchased a 96pt TT patchbay for my studio that has fully selectable modes for normalling and grounding. I fully...

wing
replies: 4 views: 264
wing 3 days ago
replies: - views: -
Scragend 3 days ago

Hello there ;-), what do you think about this recording / phase alignment tutorial for double bass: YouTube Would you...

forwardaudio
replies: 11 views: 317
jammiedodger666 3 days ago

Hi I have a question about clippers in the mixing and mastering of a trap beat: I usually used to put only a t racks clipper on...

Edobajo
replies: 19 views: 503
SpicyPonyHead 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search