The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 140 views: 75,902
Samc 6 days ago

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 112 views: 64,020
Jwitb 3 weeks ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 152 views: 135,235
mattiasnyc 8th September 2018

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 74,841
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 35,862
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 37,108
Jules 1st February 2011

I wanted to start a thread geared to singer/songwriters/producers who are trying to produce and release music all by themselves...

s wave
replies: 19 views: 413
Romdave 43 minutes ago

Ahoy ! just upgraded from pro tools 0.Wood To 12 , how do I hide the Db numbers on the right side of fader? It’s good to have...

Moongerms
replies: 1 views: 160
Wizzomixer 48 minutes ago

I'm looking for the specific orchestra hit used in Carly Rae Jepsen's "I didn't just come here to dance". YouTube...

Renliano
replies: 5 views: 358
Romdave 56 minutes ago

Hello everybody, this is my first post on Gearslutz. I need some advice on recording. For some time now I have wanted to...

Klomp
replies: 0 views: 40
Klomp 1 hour ago

I have several questions. If Im slaving an interface to an 8 channel preamp through adat can I also simultaneously use the...

Dlane
replies: 7 views: 302
dethbyoogabooga 1 hour ago

Why is that? It seems that the mix starts out pretty awesome in the first day of mixing, but the more time I spend fixing the...

goom
replies: 25 views: 567
Romdave 1 hour ago

Hi, anyone know why my out levels are not bouncing around? If I switch to headphones it is responsive. But when using the...

Endeffekt
replies: 1 views: 164
dethbyoogabooga 1 hour ago

OK I'm fine with 110 degrees and 17mm spacing......horizontally, but to make room for longer pencil condensers one has to alter...

Paul Aviles
replies: 8 views: 307
deedeeyeah 2 hours ago

As I'm building my studio (finished up pretty much) I've been reading extensively on the whole mixing thing, watching tons...

Nuieve
replies: 51 views: 1,568
BIG BUDDHA 5 hours ago

Firstly, a big thank you to all those to contribute here and provide such wonderful insights into this profession/obsession/hobby...

webmst007
replies: 0 views: 68
webmst007 6 hours ago

Hello! New to Audient iD14 device. Installed drivers, updated firmware, and rebooted the W10 PC. Plugged guitar in the DI...

DC42
replies: 5 views: 146
foxwaves 9 hours ago

Hello just wondering if someone can suggest me some vst plugins I dont mean a vst guitar virtual reality I mean something I can...

dynamite29
replies: 1 views: 134
chrischoir 10 hours ago

Hi guys, I'm kinda stuck on something. I'm loving the 'Retro Synth' from Logic but since Logic isn't my DAW of choise I'm...

afroaky
replies: 1 views: 260
afroaky 13 hours ago

Hi! I´m only used to recording myself rapping, so the dynamic range there is, shall we say, limited. But today I recorded...

wagninger
replies: 4 views: 289
wagninger 13 hours ago

Hi I just bought a sm7b and focusrite solo with cloudlifter and everything is okay it’s just when I turn my gain to about 85%...

MyCway
replies: 3 views: 195
MarkF48 16 hours ago

Hi slutz. I have had these monitors for about a month now and have been really struggling to figure out why they are so noisy....

Endeffekt
replies: 3 views: 200
Prodba 18 hours ago

Hello there! newbie producer here(shame to call myself a producer but a hmm...) I made a song with my friend and we just...

shimoyjk
replies: 1 views: 229
mattiasnyc 18 hours ago

Im starting to record some guitar/bass/VST drum tracks in Ableton Live and would like some advice on how to improve my mixes. ...

pos69sum
replies: 1 views: 251
Unclenny 21 hours ago

This might be a really "newbie" question. But I'm new in the studio/recording/production field and was wondering if I...

Alsa7100
replies: 13 views: 2,051
MiguelDamas 22 hours ago

I just bought the Adam T5V monitors and their power cords are extremely short. I just built my desktop and the cords wouldn't...

StarSMASH1
replies: 10 views: 381
nosebleedaudio 23 hours ago

I'm mastering my first album and already aware that it sounds a bit too digital and sterile. It's instrumental music influenced...

deern
replies: 2 views: 291
Bedroom Studio 1 day ago

Hi does anyone know if you can load different disks in to the sampler and save each sound instead of being limited to one sound...

Djcatfood
replies: 0 views: 222
Djcatfood 1 day ago

Hi, I have a Motu 896HD in near-mint condition, a Shure Beta 87A, and an Event EMP-1 mic preamp box. I'd like to record voice...

Cowbell
replies: 0 views: 218
Cowbell 1 day ago

Hey, first post, forgive me if it's not exactly up to Gearslutz standards!! I recently purchased the Yamaha HS5s and decided I...

Mattkx4
replies: 1 views: 270
Mattkx4 1 day ago

Yesterday I was listening this album in Spotify with my KRK headphones and I noticed all the songs have a strange fast phaser...

WarrenBeat
replies: 2 views: 279
vashuba 1 day ago

Hello all. I am a youtuber/streamer that plays video games on my computer. I currently use an Audio Technica AT2020 usb+ which...

MeatSheeld
replies: 2 views: 251
MarkF48 1 day ago

Hi there, The RME FireFace UCX box currently uses a DC Power Adapter with an Output of 12V -- 2A; I've ordered a new one in...

Alastor
replies: 1 views: 254
rumleymusic 1 day ago

Hi guys, I am a total noob when it comes to the inner workings of electronics so i believe it is better to ask this silly...

guilhermelima95
replies: 4 views: 298
Wayne 1 day ago

Been enjoying the AEA Sessions recently, such as this one YouTube. What is doing my nut in is that they say in the video...

tobinharris
replies: 3 views: 338
Mag J 1 day ago

Well the time has come to finally retire my trusty M Audio 2496. I upgraded my PC and it no longer has a PCI slot so now I'm...

murraythek
replies: 6 views: 298
murraythek 1 day ago

I'm a bit confused on how to get the most out of my gear. I have an 8 track mixer (LD Systems Vibz 8) where all my instruments...

guilhermelima95
replies: 7 views: 277
guilhermelima95 1 day ago

for people, unlike me, who know what they are doing. I capture tracks in Garageband, then I send them to Reaper, then through...

BoomWomb
replies: 3 views: 319
wrgkmc 1 day ago

Hey guys need your help, I bought the Behringer U-Phoria UMC22 USB Audio Interface of which I connected to my laptop running...

ArmyZul
replies: 4 views: 312
WorldPowerLabs 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
Koselig. 1 day ago

My WA76 doesn't leave my house and I record drums off site. When I am back home mixing and wanting compression, I don't have good...

BoomWomb
replies: 21 views: 480
BoomWomb 1 day ago

There are a few questions I am wondering about: 1. Why are some people lowcutting their synths? I understand that there might be...

Chan Yat Fu
replies: 2 views: 302
jude 2 days ago

Hello, I've tried connecting the IK Multimedia IRig I/O Stompbox to my mac into Logic Pro X but nothing happening. I've...

Ivenado
replies: 0 views: 240
Ivenado 2 days ago

Hi all, I have recently acquired a Behringer UB2222FX mixer and I have a couple of queries regarding the aux sends. I have...

Steeplemouth
replies: 0 views: 252
Steeplemouth 2 days ago

Greetings! We are looking to replace a defect CPS150 power supply for our Soundcraft Delta 200 16 channel mixer. Old...

perrodg
replies: 5 views: 264
louis1 2 days ago

I'm on a Mac in PT 11.3.1. trying to archive some old projects. Did what I used to do and deleted the fades and rendered files...

blinkSaunders
replies: 0 views: 255
blinkSaunders 2 days ago

Hello, good people of GSz! I'm totally new electronic, virtual, midi music production. Currently, I'm using Reaper as my daw....

earllywilliam
replies: 2 views: 293
Kimi777 2 days ago

Hi guys, I have a question regarding the sound of recorded vocals. I've been recording (mainly) vocals and guitar for quite...

thatguitarguy
replies: 3 views: 346
wrgkmc 2 days ago

I'm currently working with a great female vocalist who has a very "country" style and voice. I have recorded her twice...

texasguitar903
replies: 7 views: 930
Ninecows 2 days ago

Hello all, I recently bought a Yamaha hs5 studio monitor (planning to upgrade to two in future) as I have started to gain an...

finnwaring
replies: 1 views: 240
BT64 2 days ago

Hi all, Today I purchased two KRK Rokit RP5 G3 monitor speakers, however they are both emitting a noise that sounds like...

dtb
replies: 15 views: 16,949
KRKrappyMonitors 2 days ago

Can we rename this sub section Newbie audio engineering + production question zone... and questions you should know the answers...

Tobias Enstrom
replies: 5 views: 368
wrgkmc 2 days ago
replies: 29 views: 965
wrgkmc 2 days ago

Hey guys, I'm trying to record guitars using Amplitube 3 and the HISS is killing me... I'm using a Focusrite Scarlett and...

ToneSeeker96
replies: 10 views: 379
Kimi777 2 days ago

Lately I've been getting quite a few requests from clients to play their phone demos to me during preproduction so that they can...

buckleylives
replies: 5 views: 301
buckleylives 3 days ago

~Hello I am trying to record some acoustic guitar with rode nt1a My computer is silent there is some fan sound but I can barely...

dynamite29
replies: 4 views: 290
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search