The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 176 views: 179,358
Matt Syson 3 weeks ago

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 142 views: 93,852
bill5 28th January 2020

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 152 views: 110,975
puremix.net 10th January 2020

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 95,897
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 42,356
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 46,874
Jules 1st February 2011

I’ve heard through the grapevine that stereo delay(haas effect) and reverb is a disaster on mono speakers so will making the...

PROPHET IX
replies: 0 views: 61
PROPHET IX 3 hours ago

Hi everyone, Can somebody tell me what's the time signature of this loop?

CurveOne
replies: 4 views: 209
Owen L T 7 hours ago

Greetings to you all, This is my first post after hours and hours of trawling the web I thought this forum was most likely to...

Reamonnt
replies: 10 views: 2,756
naphta 10 hours ago

I've been using this mic setup for recording guitars. Got lucky enough to have a friend store his AC30 at my house so now I have...

SometimesAlways
replies: 1 views: 140
skillz335 12 hours ago

Greetings Recording a song w/fingerpicking accoustic guitar using a km184 via RM Babyface into Reaper, I'm noticing distorion...

Flippo
replies: 46 views: 898
sirjuxtable 13 hours ago

Hey guys, today I was thinking about Pre and Post Fader option in the sends, something I never fully understood and I've...

Gians
replies: 5 views: 287
Brent Hahn 16 hours ago

Hello. As the title is probably explaining everything already. I need help in identifying the name of instruments in a song...

Khariis
replies: 8 views: 284
Khariis 20 hours ago

Hello everyone ! I just registered on this forum :) So here's the deal. I'm a french student in a sound mixing and producing...

Blouby
replies: 2 views: 151
Blouby 21 hours ago

Hello guys, we wanted to share this new article where you can learn about song structure! Take it away right here HERE...

puremix.net
replies: 0 views: 107
puremix.net 21 hours ago

Hi, I started recording finger style guitar a few years back, for which I purchased the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (1st gen) and a...

flo12392
replies: 7 views: 237
makinao 1 day ago

Hi all, I’m looking for some advice on good affordable mics for my home studio. I’m very new to all of this, previously...

Gracekenneally
replies: 6 views: 217
edva 1 day ago

Hi, everything worked like a charm until noon. I used the Audient iD14 since two months now and I had sound. My laptop wasn't...

Deleted 5eec6e9
replies: 7 views: 9,510
tom1991 1 day ago

Hey gang, I'm kind of in hell right now trying to dial in a guitar sound. I am going for something with high gain. I need...

snowinmyhand
replies: 2 views: 198
snowinmyhand 1 day ago

I've been listening to Ulla's Tumbling Towards A Wall lately (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvTvN0e5iz0) and there's something...

jeremycsf
replies: 1 views: 124
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Recently, I bought Lexicon FW810s audio interface (only have firewire port). I knew the adapter(usb to firewire) can't work with...

leonpo456
replies: 3 views: 224
RockstarWizkidd 1 day ago

Just trying to compare and gather ideas. I gain stage to about the same level for all of my mixes for tracks and instruments that...

SkubaSteve
replies: 0 views: 75
SkubaSteve 1 day ago

First time poster. Have been kind of lurking for years though. This might be the "newbiest" question ever and if you...

jimmychimpo
replies: 19 views: 860
Korcraft 1 day ago

I've been making music since I was 16. Started with a Tascam Midi Studio 644 cassette recorder. I've been on and off producing...

Tao jones
replies: 5 views: 268
Tao jones 1 day ago

Hey guys, I searched via Google and the GS forums extensively for a solution, but haven't had any luck so far, so I decided to...

MicahJude
replies: 23 views: 756
Cabirio 1 day ago

Can anybody give me any link to music theory group in gearslutz

MSF
replies: 0 views: 141
MSF 1 day ago

Looking to purchasing a SM7B for my untreated studio room. I own the Apogee Duet which goes up to 75db (More then enough gain for...

LiveATheHudson
replies: 1 views: 119
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hello, I have an Audient ID14 (2 analog inputs, and 1 ADAT digital IN only) and as the number of outputs is not enough anymore I...

spnc
replies: 1 views: 244
HeadlessDinosaur 1 day ago

Hey gear fam! Used this platform so many times for info and thought I’d join to try and get some input on this. I have an...

Kusstard
replies: 0 views: 352
Kusstard 1 day ago

I've been trying trying to learn how to set compressors attack correctly for on vocals and 2bus. My method of learning is looking...

youngghenea
replies: 12 views: 411
Cabirio 2 days ago

Hi, i've bought my new Audient Id4 yesterday, i have installed the drivers, everything that the guide says to do. But when i've...

Orse
replies: 5 views: 168
DistortingJack 2 days ago

Hey folks, I have never used autotune live before but had a question - is there any reason (other than (I'm assuming) reduced...

lonvoc
replies: 4 views: 522
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

Hi everybody! I have a question about pitch correction. When I'm mixing I'm careful about pitching the low instruments and the...

Yohan73
replies: 3 views: 743
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

What kind of snare is used on Katy Perry - Harleys In Hawaii track? I cannot achieve it either with short envelope acoustic...

dmpol18
replies: 9 views: 439
rixscix 2 days ago

Hi All, I'm new to Gearslutz (my first post) and just looking for some advice on a home setup. I recently started an...

JayG1990
replies: 1 views: 196
mattiasnyc 2 days ago

I have a rack setup with a dbx286xs compressor and a sans amp rbi going into a palmer speaker simulator, should i use my...

joshuacable24323
replies: 1 views: 184
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Hi, I want to know the ideal RMS & Peak level for individual tracks.Like what's the best RMS & Peak for...

MSF
replies: 6 views: 257
unitymusic 3 days ago

Hi I recently got a Scarlett 2i2 because I needed to record some keys. I thought it was a good opportunity to finally get some...

Jazzycat
replies: 1 views: 152
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Just need some guidance or expertise on this matter as this is my first home studio setup just for vocal tracking. My setup...

audiosensi
replies: 1 views: 294
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

So Im new to this, looking to get into audio production, I recently bought the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (3rd Gen) USB Audio...

Zelix
replies: 3 views: 254
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Hi, In my DAW, I actually have two stereo audio tracks which both host the exact same audio clip. Both tracks are set at...

bertru
replies: 4 views: 194
mattiasnyc 4 days ago

Hi All! I'm looking to start a channel that goes into art and I want to go for a warm but clear listening experience for...

Whimsicalbird
replies: 9 views: 496
standup 4 days ago

I'm using the Metric AB tool, and I'm trying to get my track to match the loudness (at least I think that's loudness?) of my...

thetizzler
replies: 3 views: 279
thetizzler 5 days ago

For those that have had the experience, give your thoughts on what the tape sound is....I'm curious as I've never worked with...

johnd5412
replies: 26 views: 1,029
johnd5412 5 days ago

Hello everyone ! First, I'm new in this community and I'm glad I finally found a place with plenty of musicians that isn't...

FromAutumn
replies: 0 views: 203
FromAutumn 5 days ago

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has some insightful info for this, I always "correct" my monitors or headphones with eqs...

suburst
replies: 5 views: 300
joeq 5 days ago

I keep messing up as I use one amplifier for recreational movie viewing, monitoring etc. Every couple months or weeks I end...

snogroove
replies: 6 views: 312
loujudson 5 days ago

Hi from Northern Italy, I'm preparing podcasts and videos for my students during the Corona virus shutdown. Not pleased with...

factotum68
replies: 1 views: 201
MarkF48 5 days ago

Maybe I"m totally missing something... but I assume that stereo means 2-channel. I had a suspicion that my Mac, using a...

chickeneps
replies: 4 views: 225
Bushman 6 days ago

I have a patchbay and for ease of use, I normalled all my synth outputs into the inputs of my interface. When I patch into a...

goodboyo
replies: 5 views: 342
goodboyo 6 days ago

So these two tracks are finished and released. Available on all the platforms, yadda yadda. I'm approaching the beginning phases...

brodieskiddlz
replies: 6 views: 334
brodieskiddlz 6 days ago

Hi everyone! First time poster here. My 11 year old son has been into theater for years now and only recently became so...

bh750
replies: 4 views: 305
Avatar for BlueLab | Audio Plugins
BlueLab | Audio Plugins 6 days ago

Hello everyone. Very new to recording and using equipment. I will try to make this as detailed as I can as I searched and no...

unionjackrocker
replies: 3 views: 270
joeq 1 week ago

greeting Please solve my problem which is that the microphone input does not work even though the driver of the card works well...

khairosoft
replies: 11 views: 9,341
chaichop 1 week ago

Okay, I don't have much time, so sorry if this question is a little underdeveloped. I was a die-hard fan of the h4n zoom,...

AVaughn
replies: 3 views: 274
MixedSignals 1 week ago

What would cause a discrepancy in balance translation between systems? I will balance a track to sound great on my monitors and...

Nightmare Circus
replies: 1 views: 220
CJ Mastering 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search