The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 152 views: 127,117
mattiasnyc 2 weeks ago

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 110 views: 59,510
mikeg.lazer 9th August 2018

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 135 views: 70,075
mikeg.lazer 8th August 2018

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 70,337
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 34,189
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 35,035
Jules 1st February 2011

Hey, this is my first post on Gearslutz. Hope this is the right place for this type of question, if not then my apologies. ...

EurekaSeven
replies: 12 views: 220
12ax7 5 minutes ago

Good day, thanks for paying attention to my thread. The thing is i am studying mix.engineering and working in headphones for...

Tamer Lane
replies: 21 views: 471
mattiasnyc 43 minutes ago

Heard it so many times. Last nite on radio with the xx's new song 'say something lovin'. It sounds almost like a whispering on...

Littlemart
replies: 14 views: 984
simon.billington 50 minutes ago

I usually am not a big fan of the band, but I like the snare sound they get, plus the Gorrillazs' M1A1 snare at the end of the...

Spano
replies: 0 views: 23
Spano 52 minutes ago

I have some interesting analog pedals that I hope will sound good if hooked up as inserts to my Apogee Ensemble... A...

Spano
replies: 4 views: 331
Spano 1 hour ago

Hello! First of all, I've just registered on the forum, although I'd known about it for years, of course. So, hi everyone!...

CesipXynic
replies: 2 views: 263
CesipXynic 2 hours ago

Hello everyone! First time poster here... would love your advice. I have recently bought an Allen & Heath Zed10FX desk,...

yvois
replies: 1 views: 186
OHM GHOST 11 hours ago

Hi everyone, I have been doing voiceover for a year now and saved for a new mic - I got a Rode Broadcaster - just because:) and...

Salsapaw
replies: 0 views: 105
Salsapaw 11 hours ago

As the title says, yes... feedback is the rock in my shoe/pita/the thing that really wants to make me quit live playing with my...

DeusPaul
replies: 14 views: 449
Wyllys 14 hours ago

Hi folks My current setup is this: Mac Mini Server Quad Core, 2TB Grace Design m108 UAD Apollo Twin (Quad) UAD...

guitarua
replies: 1 views: 296
guitarua 16 hours ago

Hi Gearslutz community ! :) I'm looking for upgrading my home-studio (from full ITB mixing to hybrid mixing), but my gears...

RasBe
replies: 4 views: 191
Quetz 16 hours ago

Once a time I recorded as a player an album in a studio, I didn't care of mixing much so I didn't asked the mixer stuff. That...

andy3
replies: 8 views: 354
Salty James 18 hours ago

Hi, this is my first post on here. I heard about gearslutz in the past but didn't know it was actually this big of a forum,...

Juny1spion
replies: 4 views: 284
Quetz 20 hours ago
replies: - views: -
DannyMac 21 hours ago

Hello all, Wondering what to do here but first let me give a little background. At home I do most of my production on my...

PostPositive
replies: 1 views: 137
gearhead1 21 hours ago

I have been using the newfangled audio equivocative, and using the eq match function. Not for the finished product but as a kind...

colonelporridge
replies: 2 views: 202
zukan 23 hours ago

Hi, I have a little request to the people who own the Presonus Eris 5. On one of my speakers there's a buzzing sound coming from...

Lilith
replies: 0 views: 137
Lilith 23 hours ago

A couple of times while I was working ive had this weird clipping sound come out of my speakers and then no sound. The LED's are...

jasus
replies: 1 views: 212
dethbyoogabooga 23 hours ago

I have a track where the rythym and lead guitar are right on with the click track. The drums are on but they are too basic. I'm...

Jaked4ge
replies: 4 views: 265
jammiedodger666 1 day ago

I am looking for any tips and tricks for using compression specifically on fingerstyle acoustic guitar (steel string)....

Laco
replies: 43 views: 746
JSchlomo 1 day ago

Hi, I am wondering on how to or is it possible to 'put a song in the background of an already finished scored drum or guitar or...

tokeng00
replies: 1 views: 211
soldat 1 day ago

Hey peeps, let me know if this should be anywhere else, but; So I've got a 16 channel mixer setup where I use all direct...

General Haze
replies: 6 views: 276
MediaGary 1 day ago

Hey guys, Looking for any feedback/suggestions for helping me get closer to the tone I'm after. I'm trying to get something...

goldylocks
replies: 0 views: 194
goldylocks 1 day ago

In a lot of older recordings you hear the guitar panned hard and then the reverb panned hard on the other side. What's the best...

spidernook
replies: 2 views: 279
spidernook 1 day ago

YouTube vQx-mx93iAI The sound in the intro. It sounds like it's a rhodes or electic piano with some type of sweep going on. I...

Dkelloway
replies: 1 views: 206
jammiedodger666 1 day ago

Umm.. Hi! I'm new here and i hope i don't sound stupid but... I got a problem with plosives. A big one. So I've been searching...

A L E X
replies: 32 views: 971
StevieD009 1 day ago

Hi, I have Mac mini running ableton live 10, steinberg ur22mk2 and a vestal dj mixer ( pcv175) I want to sample records...

Olil
replies: 3 views: 254
Olil 2 days ago

Hi, Im currently setting up my first recording setup and have a few questions about what I'll actually need. I'm a complete...

p3go0
replies: 1 views: 266
slowtrain 2 days ago

I'm recording an EP for my band, I'm... competent, not a pro recording engineer by any means. I think I do a good job all things...

ampetrosillo
replies: 12 views: 416
Jeff Hayat 2 days ago

i recently found out that dropping an mp3 into a DAW is supposed to result in you being able to see the arrangement and stuff but...

dkk77
replies: 0 views: 224
dkk77 2 days ago

Help! I have just been recording audio on Reaper through my new Scarlett 2i2 ,first 2 tracks no problem. I then closed everything...

stethemod
replies: 1 views: 201
BT64 2 days ago

Hi I am looking for near field speakers and after doing some research i decided to go with mackie's speakers in my country a...

nishan99
replies: 5 views: 305
Wayne 2 days ago

Hey guys, I got a C414 XLII which is a great mic so far, but I've been using it into my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 :facepalm:, so I...

wesleyestudiobr
replies: 22 views: 737
themiracle 2 days ago

Could be a stupid question this. I want to add another set of monitors which will be either the Auratone 5C or...

Tobias Enstrom
replies: 0 views: 201
Tobias Enstrom 2 days ago

Some of the tracks sound better with a more dynamic master. Some of the tracks sound better a little more squeezed. Obviously, if...

Polymorphia
replies: 5 views: 313
joeq 3 days ago

I record acoustic guitar with a Lewitt LCT-140 --> Mixer pre-amp --> M-Audio Delta 1010 interface (line input). Gain...

MichaelDude
replies: 9 views: 556
Squeegee 303 3 days ago

Hi, Yesterday my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 decided it wasn't going to work anymore grrr Although it's a real inconvenience, it...

SeanPaget1995
replies: 9 views: 331
bgood 3 days ago

Hello, I am new here also new to all of this audio stuff. I am setting up a podcast with multiple mics/headphones etc. I am...

eyesbrahh
replies: 0 views: 228
eyesbrahh 3 days ago

So after watching this video I have a question. I understand what this guy did in this video to eliminate bad frequencies so...

ValliSoftware
replies: 8 views: 305
ValliSoftware 3 days ago

I have been recording for about a year now (mainly techno). I am using a pair of tannoy reveal active speakers from 2005 to...

Dome1
replies: 7 views: 368
deedeeyeah 3 days ago

Hey Do you know which speaker fits better in my room, the HS5 or the HS7? I have a tiny room dimensioned 3,9m x 2,6m and the...

uxmachine
replies: 3 views: 303
AndreiPiatra 3 days ago

Hey guys, I am a 90s RnB Sampler (Mary J blidge, joe, Gina Thompson, Dru Hill etc) and I am wondering how to I get a good 90s...

donaocousar
replies: 6 views: 298
szegedin 4 days ago

Was wondering if this particular backing vocal (the "hey, hey" part) was done by session vocalists group or just a...

blotto
replies: 8 views: 327
jonnyjonjon 4 days ago

I'm not a professional audio engineer, and have never had a ton of different gear before so this question never really dawned on...

KhaosSignal
replies: 5 views: 361
BIG BUDDHA 4 days ago

Hey everyone, 1st post! I am trying to daisy chain an Ensemble Thunderbolt and a Quartet together. The Quartet doesn't...

xitvp55
replies: 4 views: 355
xitvp55 4 days ago

Hi, I'd like to get a pair of drums sounding like the drums in this song from the early 1980's. Could someone recommend era...

boing
replies: 5 views: 524
CJ Mastering 5 days ago

Bit basic, but how do i send audio from an iMac to a hardware compressor? Will i need an audio interface or line out...

JohnCameron2018
replies: 1 views: 261
CJ Mastering 5 days ago

Hi all, Don't hate me for this but I wound up with some serious equipment and need to get it all plugged in correctly and I'm...

Elevated Dream
replies: 0 views: 249
Elevated Dream 5 days ago

Hi guys, I am a relatively new voice actor and I am considering a new mic. I am working at my self made home studio but since...

The0
replies: 23 views: 611
Bushman 5 days ago

Hello, May be a silly question, but ... Do I need to export my audio in real time (Cubase) when I'm using convolution reverb...

trubac
replies: 8 views: 258
Jake_SJL 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search