The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Newbie audio engineering + production question zone

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 102 views: 51,642
ttippie 1 week ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 130 views: 61,375
bainmack 1 week ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

replies: 148 views: 115,713
mattiasnyc 27th January 2018

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

replies: 41 views: 63,733
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

replies: 0 views: 31,910
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

replies: 0 views: 31,865
Jules 1st February 2011
replies: 1 views: 199
goom 12 minutes ago

Just looking for some advice on what key elements separate a commercial recording from a amateur recording. I have found that...

replies: 49 views: 2,445
Manicearthling 1 hour ago

Hi folks! Hope this is the right forum for this question. I'm a bit in a pickle regarding a bass track that I recorded for...

replies: 1 views: 69
Cardinal_SINE 3 hours ago

Hello everyone! I definitely fall into the realm of audio novice, and need a little help. I recently purchased a Yamaha...

replies: 1 views: 71
TheBrightSide 4 hours ago

I just brought a Tascam M-308 mixer, and I have no clue as to how I can hook it up to my computer. I currently have a Focusrite...

replies: 24 views: 511
Jay Davis 5 hours ago

Hi all, I have been making techno with a couple of synths and an mpc for a while and have connected everything via my roland...

replies: 1 views: 168
Owen L T 7 hours ago

Hey Guys, I’m going to be making my version of walkthrough type gaming videos on Youtube & I had a couple questions on...

replies: 0 views: 104
CyS 11 hours ago

Hello gearslutz fam, lately I've been questioning my workflow in regards 2 dithering... I record and mix in ProTools 10...

replies: 9 views: 369
E_Slim 12 hours ago

I tracked some vocals in a live room that sounds really bad. i need to EQ or compress the room reflection out. Is there any trick...

replies: 12 views: 376
wrgkmc 14 hours ago

I picked up an API 500-b4, looking to use it with my Capi VP26 rockout The back of the lunchbox has no XLR inputs. Are these...

replies: 7 views: 327
hculture 14 hours ago

My friend has this motherboard ASUS P8H77-M PRO, which in turn has this on-board audio card: Realtek® ALC892 8-Channel HD...

replies: 4 views: 271
MediaGary 15 hours ago

* Greetings from one who is just starting out. Generous advice received here (plus a little from my Sweetwater sales...

Gary D Olson
replies: 13 views: 386
Gary D Olson 16 hours ago

Hello to all music junkies! rockout New to the forum but many years reading through the articles and posts here. Although many...

replies: 0 views: 133
datablob 17 hours ago

Hello, I am new to the forum. Been producing for a few years. I have a small studio set up in my room. I currently own rockit 5s,...

replies: 60 views: 710
Notanothersteve 18 hours ago

I'm exhausted with audio and trying to get good levels and set my equipment up. I have a lot going on and now it seems I...

replies: 7 views: 352
Emarcy 19 hours ago

Quite a few things here I have a fireface 400 recording straight into a DAW, I produce minimal electro beat orientated music...

replies: 2 views: 268
dodecaphonic 19 hours ago

Hi, I'm currently getting into using "glue" compression on my master bus. I came across the following...

replies: 4 views: 234
Jake_SJL 19 hours ago

I was given a Roland R 8 m. It did not come with any PCM cards, however, I'm wondering if I can use it as a midi sort of patchbay...

replies: 1 views: 197
Noisewagon 1 day ago

Hi Friends, Like many of us, using a mouse or track pad can be tedious and take the tactile fun out of recording, mixing, and...

Redondo Paul
replies: 2 views: 262
Redondo Paul 1 day ago

What's up guys, im a rapper, i record & mix my own stuff and have been for years. I've always wanted to try my hand at...

replies: 8 views: 363
OldManProducer 1 day ago

Hi all, I am mixing a track at the moment and I’m happy with the mix I have, which is coming from Studio One Pro, into a MOTU...

replies: 0 views: 197
DerbyUK 1 day ago

Hi, I've been recording, mixing and mastering for about a year now, to find clients and add to my portfolio i offer doing 1...

Monk u
replies: 32 views: 956
jonnyjonjon 1 day ago

Hi everyone! So I have a small studio where I record a lot of stuff, but I don't have room for drums, nor the money to record...

replies: 2 views: 246
Owen L T 1 day ago

These questions relate primarily to configuration of stereo rotary speaker effects for keyboards that have a stereo output....

replies: 3 views: 255
wrgkmc 1 day ago

Currently on REAPER, but it doesn't support post-fader FX.

replies: 8 views: 380
jdier 1 day ago

Hello, when putting a plug in on a whole track is easy. I'm trying to figure out how to put a plug in on only one section of...

replies: 2 views: 222
wrgkmc 1 day ago

Hi guys, forgive me for my lack of knowledge on music theory... Basically, I don't have the best vocal range, when I want to...

replies: 5 views: 354
synthesia1073 1 day ago

YouTube Hey guys, I know there was a thread on a similar subject already but no one was really sure about the answer. Clip is...

replies: 13 views: 628
jetam 1 day ago

I'm trying to get a better understanding of the different ways that "saturation" sounds by gathering some good, obvious...

Aaron Robertson
replies: 3 views: 624
magneticfidelity 1 day ago

Sup yall i got some questions and issues lol.. First, my issue is confusion about mastering should i generally keep my rms low...

replies: 18 views: 493
Flyinglotus1983 2 days ago

Hello from Austria :) Im thinking to buy one of this interfaces .. for me is important SOUND .. PREAMPS .. CONVERTER - Im really...

replies: 3 views: 545
pilvet 2 days ago

Hi. I'm trying to decide how many inputs I need in my studio. Currently have a Saffire Pro 40 (8 ins) and a RME9632 (2ins)...

replies: 6 views: 1,164
midicontrol 2 days ago

Hi, people! Long time reader, first time posting :) I love listening to electro music with some atmospheric mood. I recently...

replies: 1 views: 224
shinka 2 days ago

hi guys, new to this so any help will be much appreciated! I'm looking to get a studio set up going in the near future, still...

replies: 2 views: 316
Owen L T 2 days ago

Hello, long-time lurker of the forums, but I decided to make an account and post because I have a question that has stumped...

replies: 6 views: 410
Joeywhat 2 days ago

Hello Gearslutz, I hope everyone is doing well. My dad is having a issue with is Mackie PROFX12 board he just got. When he...

replies: 8 views: 5,046
Neilp1980 3 days ago

What are you all doing for reverb/early reflection panning? Feeling a bit bewildered at all the possibilities. Are you...

replies: 14 views: 488
Wayne 3 days ago

I'm using the simple built-in Parametric EQ that comes with Cakewalk/Sonar. Let's say I have a bass track and I want to HP at...

replies: 17 views: 476
bvdd 3 days ago

Hey guys So I produced a track, and recorded vocals for it. I am still new at vocals, so I have realized I'd better have...

replies: 4 views: 304
joeq 3 days ago

Hi, my name is jaime and im new to the community. I need some help recording acoustic guitars pleaase, does anyone know a...

replies: 3 views: 308
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

I wonder when "pros" tracking a real drum do they do editing on the fly? Or simply re-record the parts?

replies: 3 views: 325
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Hi everyone. I have a Yamaha O1V96i mixer borrowed from a friend that I want to use as an audio interface with Ableton Live...

replies: 2 views: 255
sandy9999 4 days ago

I am exploring things to buy next month and something come up during a discussion with one of my friends…super-duper, newbie...

replies: 6 views: 319
Josef_K 4 days ago

Hello, I have a Focusrite 6i6 (I believe first generation) and a Yamaha MG12XU mixer. The mixer only has 6 dedicated preamps, so...

replies: 2 views: 268
CJ Mastering 4 days ago

how do the pros manage to get great mixes without using outboard gear? I use UAD plugins which make a huge difference by just...

replies: 7 views: 492
CJ Mastering 4 days ago

Old fart wanting to get back into music making for fun looking for some advice on a new setup, please! A looooong time I ago I...

replies: 3 views: 246
spikysimon 4 days ago

I know a few of us studio owners get these emails from time to time, and I got another today. I just thought I would give a...

replies: 6 views: 406
Noisewagon 5 days ago
replies: 10 views: 576
bill5 5 days ago

If you compared these: YouTube YouTube To my track: Enfield Housing Master V1 by Third Eye John | Free Listening on...

replies: 2 views: 351
ThirdEye 5 days ago

Hi guys, Long story short, when I'm building up a drum track, I usually start with the kick. Find a nice kick. Import it as...

replies: 19 views: 531
mattiasnyc 5 days ago

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search