The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 148 views: 107,761
Axle_australia 15th September 2020

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 152 views: 125,777
HSi 13th August 2020

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 181 views: 198,325
nosebleedaudio 22nd May 2020

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 103,936
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 45,772
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 51,014
Jules 1st February 2011

I'm curious about why many (if not most) pro mixers create a mixbus aux and a print aux in pro tools? What is the benefit of...

Clbraddock
replies: 3 views: 123
mattiasnyc 1 hour ago

For VO work, anyone have any experience running a DBX 286s into the Motu M2? The Motu’s preamps seem great, but wondering if...

signaltonoise
replies: 4 views: 329
vintagelove 2 hours ago

Hello everyone! So I've just gotten into recording at home. I need someone to take a listen to my mix and tell me their...

HonzaS
replies: 2 views: 184
gearstudent 3 hours ago

Okay. I am a brand new producer (if you would even be kind enough to call me that) with absolutely no education in recording at...

NoobKore
replies: 24 views: 10,226
bill5 3 hours ago

Hello, I've got a piece of music with synth parts that are more or less functioning as marimbas, and I'm trying to make them...

natenyc
replies: 2 views: 74
natenyc 3 hours ago

I had a serious issue with one of my plugin VSTs (Nexus 2) which I since upgraded to Nexus 3. I sent a crash report to Ableton...

iSolo
replies: 2 views: 197
iSolo 6 hours ago

Hi, I have a feeling this is a question lots of newbies ask, sorry if I'm annoying... I have an analog mixer (Yamaha MG)...

Evml
replies: 13 views: 349
joeq 6 hours ago

Hi all, I have been researching different gear for a while now and have mostly decided on what I want, yet I still have some...

jodie
replies: 1 views: 126
Cabirio 6 hours ago

Hello, I am currently running the following: Heil PR40 -> dbx 286s -> TRS to Scarlett Solo line input (gain knob at...

Eggshellent
replies: 3 views: 273
E-Irizarry 11 hours ago

Godspeed from the album Acid Tongue. Love the vocals here, trying to figure out if she’s double tracked or maybe it’s a...

jayme
replies: 1 views: 167
Smithburg 12 hours ago

Hi :) So I was just wondering: If I record something with my audio interface which has a built-in preamp and then run the...

BananaPeelMan
replies: 10 views: 280
BananaPeelMan 13 hours ago

Hey guys, just been looking for a control surface in the $500 range and have really narrowed it down to the Behringer X-Touch....

SteveyC123
replies: 2 views: 1,775
Micofmag7 23 hours ago

This Multi Track is free on sound on sound i mixed it really would love your feedback please.

nickalpha
replies: 0 views: 93
nickalpha 1 day ago

Ok so lately I recently started mixing an unplugged performance for a youtube video that I plan to release in the near future. It...

Juan Luis Sandov
replies: 0 views: 106
Juan Luis Sandov 1 day ago

How does the pro's get there mix so tight listening to even the drums they have little sustain even the hi hats are short. is...

nickalpha
replies: 12 views: 360
nickalpha 1 day ago

Hi guys, first post on this forum. During lockdown I built a small (2m x 3m) control room/ recording studio under my house. This...

Andresound
replies: 4 views: 268
Unclenny 1 day ago

So ive recently been buying a bunch of studio stuff and have decided its time i finally get a couple 57s... the only thing is i...

NextDefault
replies: 46 views: 5,443
Sybille 2 days ago

Hey guys, Been a longtime reader, but this is the first time I'm posting a question! Hoping this is the correct venue for...

jparsons
replies: 2 views: 3,748
Caz 2 days ago

Hi everybody I am an audio newbie who is starting to podcast. Equipment I have a Yamaha MG10, an MXL990 mic and have...

PeteJordan
replies: 4 views: 156
MrKahuna 2 days ago

Reading the manual has not helped. I have not been able to find any recent vids on this. So reaching out for help. I am trying...

mikekay
replies: 8 views: 684
waldie wave 2 days ago

Today reaper was working fine and then once I opened my interface control on my Mac suddenly I wasn’t getting any output at all...

Falconhoof27
replies: 0 views: 108
Falconhoof27 2 days ago

Hello all. I recently purchased a TSR-8 from eBay, and after setting it up with my mixer today, I'm having trouble getting...

jstrawser
replies: 3 views: 188
jstrawser 2 days ago

Hello people! How are you? Could you help with something? I'm doing a upgrade in my monitors and I'm thinking about this...

bpway
replies: 1 views: 119
Cabirio 2 days ago

There seems to be no one right answer to this as it depends on the circuitry of my interface. I have a Tascam US-1800 and it has...

classybarbarian
replies: 12 views: 5,244
Cabirio 2 days ago
replies: - views: -
Garage Rodeo 2 days ago

I'm a female vocalist & recently started working as a voiceover artist. I have an RE-20 (my pride and joy) but I'm still...

mconnery
replies: 6 views: 271
ambiguous signal 2 days ago

I recently made the acquisition of my first guitar amp modeler, a Fractal Audio FM3 and would like to setup a small home studio...

Jpbiker
replies: 1 views: 178
ambiguous signal 2 days ago

Due to covid finding a place to record is seeming impossible so my band is attempting to do it at home. I attached a crappy...

jorro
replies: 7 views: 303
Cabirio 2 days ago

Hi there, Here's my original song that I mixed/mastered on my own. It was a very difficult mix because I had to add an amp/cab...

endlessrain999
replies: 0 views: 143
endlessrain999 3 days ago

Good day, dear ones! Question to the owners of neumann u87 ai at the moment, I feel paranoid. When connecting the neumann u 87...

Sergio1
replies: 0 views: 141
Sergio1 3 days ago

Hey guys, Long time GS lurker, but this is my first post. I’m currently looking into setting up a back end for my home...

Bingy
replies: 2 views: 172
Bingy 3 days ago

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read and help. I am recording a grand piano, using two Royer R10s, Audient ID22, and Adobe...

Cytolan
replies: 3 views: 189
joeq 3 days ago

This might be a really dumb question, but i'm asking because I am trying to find out if theres something wrong with my new Mixpre...

DCooper
replies: 3 views: 221
rumleymusic 3 days ago

A silly, rudimentary question... but one that I don't fully know the answer to: If an "expert" has a sound clip of a...

cyberdaniel82
replies: 11 views: 320
Avatar for BlueLab | Audio Plugins
BlueLab | Audio Plugins 3 days ago

I got this sample I COULD DIE FOR: I found it on my PC, probably in some stuff i found on internet what, 15 years ago? The...

MisterKilgore
replies: 3 views: 184
MrKahuna 4 days ago

I currently have a pc running fl studio with a focusrite scarlett 2i2 and a guitar and drum machine connected to that. I am...

d4z0mg
replies: 1 views: 212
b2001bt 4 days ago

Complete newbie question here. Was just wondering if each of these had pros and cons on a audio interface: USB 2.0 bus...

Just Started
replies: 22 views: 24,330
b2001bt 4 days ago
replies: - views: -
Bender412 4 days ago

hello all, like it says should i avoid "True Peaks" at all costs or are some of them unavoidable and hence to be...

bassface1
replies: 5 views: 237
BT64 4 days ago

If you record, produce and/or engineer Hip Hop, please let me know, this is a solo self recorded (but not produced as I don't...

boombapdame
replies: 8 views: 705
Sigma 4 days ago

Two questions I have. I've been pulling my hair out & struggling over this for months & still never seem to find a...

TheThing
replies: 10 views: 370
Wayne 5 days ago

So I have two mics for streaming purposes (My partner and I sit next to each other while we game) and was trying to use a Mackie...

N8MOTO
replies: 3 views: 257
N8MOTO 5 days ago

Hi all! I'm looking at getting my first MIDI controller, and at this stage am leaning towards Arturia's Keylab Mkii 61 or...

Terriar
replies: 1 views: 192
gearstudent 5 days ago

Hi all, glad I found this community. I've played music for about 15 years but only really attempting home recording for the...

poadvine
replies: 3 views: 239
bill5 5 days ago

Hi, electronic music production is something I have wanted to do for a long time, but have never felt I had the time to commit to...

Onenormm
replies: 6 views: 239
bill5 5 days ago

Hi, I'm experiencing a constant hum (white noise) coming from my DAW. I am using Logic Pro X and only VST instruments, so the...

CRock
replies: 10 views: 323
stella645 5 days ago

Guys I'm running an Akg c414 into ART Pro MPA II tube 2 channel pre Amp. From my pre Amp I run a balanced XLR into my thunderbolt...

Rakan333
replies: 12 views: 297
warlordpriest 5 days ago

Hi everyone, I'm literally loosing my mind trying to get that kind of tape "dungeon synth" sound. I asked the...

fsk23
replies: 1 views: 200
derco 5 days ago

I was just poking around acustica's green acqua compressor and it has parallel fast/slow compression units. I believe the fast...

dirtROBOT
replies: 0 views: 165
dirtROBOT 6 days ago

Can someone recommend in-line pads attenuators, please ?

agnes_magi
replies: 0 views: 157
agnes_magi 6 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search