The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Newbie audio engineering + production question zone

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 148 views: 112,788
mattiasnyc 2 weeks ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 129 views: 59,003
zukan 3 weeks ago

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 101 views: 49,841
bernieesquire 3 weeks ago

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 62,023
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 31,428
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 31,030
Jules 1st February 2011

Hi folks, Want to clear up something in my head here. Full disclosure: I have a Babyface Pro, to which I'd like to add a few mic...

Ishkash
replies: 5 views: 194
CJ Mastering 4 minutes ago

Can someone help me try to wrap my head around preamps and if it takes more that one on an interface to record multiple things at...

youngaudiobro
replies: 10 views: 281
Bender412 26 minutes ago

I want to sounded like this autotune style. Which vst i need to use?

Erdem Alsirt
replies: 0 views: 42
Erdem Alsirt 58 minutes ago

… so you can EQ all the tracks or buses at the same time with knobs. high/low pass and the parametric band. I don't own one,...

goom
replies: 5 views: 331
Owen L T 1 hour ago

Hi guys. I'm a little confused on AES3 (IEC 60958 Type 1) sampling rates. Let's say that I'm not using any type of external...

Brian Bowers
replies: 0 views: 46
Brian Bowers 2 hours ago

Hello there! I'm developing an electronic music project in which I'll have a small section of 3 clarinets, 3 flutes, strings...

end
replies: 0 views: 50
end 2 hours ago

Hi everyone, I will be recording a concert at a fairly large venue. Id like to blend a multitracked recording directly from...

Jsky
replies: 4 views: 234
Snoggin 3 hours ago

Naturally, I want the absolute highest quality I can get, and I currently render everything at 24bit, but I'm wondering if...

Carbinax
replies: 23 views: 430
bill5 3 hours ago

Hey guys, So I've recently got a Zoom H6, and I was very unsure about that purchase due to mixed feelings about it with people...

edwinfrancis
replies: 1 views: 588
Bert37 3 hours ago

Hi guys! So I’m new to mixing and recording. I’ve been a part of multiple semi pro recordings in the past but never dived...

Sonsnotbeggars
replies: 10 views: 205
Sonsnotbeggars 5 hours ago

When I Master I typically can't get my Volume up to Standard without peaking. Is this because i am mastering in box, and...

Tobias Funke
replies: 29 views: 955
Carbinax 6 hours ago

(title is wrong, can't edit, should be "Difference between 1/4TRS line inputs, and TRS headphone out >...

tim_gear_tom
replies: 9 views: 404
psycho_monkey 13 hours ago

Amateur drummer with small, deadened room. Trying to use colvolution reverbs to get a decent sound, but it’s been tough in a...

h20fam
replies: 0 views: 134
h20fam 16 hours ago

I am just starting to learn how to master so aside from this post if anyone recommends a good source to learn some basics that...

bby94
replies: 6 views: 196
bby94 16 hours ago

Hi Guys I am looking for a Neve console, and I was wondering, what makes that great warm sound? Is it "just" the...

MRjakel87
replies: 52 views: 2,060
Frank_Case 16 hours ago

hi everyone...two days ago i bought Yamaha hs5. one speaker seems a bit open in mid range than other. is it speaker problem or...

Sohan
replies: 19 views: 347
Sohan 17 hours ago

Okay, the synths are from 0:52 in the chorus. Bit difficult to explain, but it's the rhythmic ones, sorta hard attack but with...

Taragana
replies: 0 views: 145
Taragana 18 hours ago

Hello, A newbie to the site here and darn happy to hear of you. I have an Electro-Voice RE20 mic and recently upgraded to the...

CHawkins
replies: 3 views: 175
Owen L T 21 hours ago

Hey guys, I'm almost done with an album I'm working on, and currently I have the entire album as a single wav file because the...

mantoon312
replies: 7 views: 197
norfolk martin 22 hours ago

Hi everyone. I had my guitar plugged into Logic as usual. I opened up a new project and the line was so much quieter than...

BigMoney
replies: 3 views: 233
BigMoney 1 day ago

so i've been recording my vocals and bass directly into my usb interface for the last couple years. sounds great. no complaints....

wentzelitis
replies: 0 views: 161
wentzelitis 1 day ago

Anybody want to help me identify this sound and how to replicate it? Maybe its a preset on a certain drum machine? it's the drums...

TRDream
replies: 2 views: 296
TRDream 1 day ago

Love gearslutz don’t see anything dedicated to mixing on here. Suggestions? Thanks!

LoneSoundRanger
replies: 4 views: 274
LoneSoundRanger 1 day ago

Hey guys, I’ve been mixing music here and there for a few years now. I’m doing indi and folk music, I’ll leave out the...

LoneSoundRanger
replies: 2 views: 215
wrgkmc 1 day ago

Hello all, I am new to this community and wanted to start my journey with a question. How many speakers do we need to put...

Savvy
replies: 3 views: 190
mattiasnyc 1 day ago

I keep hearing this phrase being thrown around about getting a "huge mix" but when I compare my mixes to pro mixes they...

Nevebro
replies: 3 views: 248
Owen L T 1 day ago

Hey guys ! So im trying to find the formula of super old school techno bass The best example for it is LFO - LFO (Leeds...

chemik
replies: 6 views: 2,275
tauraxx 1 day ago

haha...I edited this twice. Clearly, I did a poor job of stating my question.

WarBeer
replies: 8 views: 382

So I have a question regarding the 1 channel headphone/mic amp, behringer MicroMON. First of all, I have a ART PRO MPA2 Preamp...

Ezzo
replies: 4 views: 224
stella645 1 day ago

Hey guys, I've been working on creating depth in my mixes. I've messed around with eq and reverb for years. Recently I've...

LoneSoundRanger
replies: 2 views: 240

Hi All, I once had a pair of Beyer Dynamics- I seem to remember that they were solid and easy on the ears. I was thinking...

AudioJunky
replies: 20 views: 1,047
AMIEL 1 day ago

I do what I can with eq compression and reverb. Where I find my mixes really begin to pop is when adding very subtle amounts of...

LoneSoundRanger
replies: 17 views: 357

can someone help me? i'm considering buying a 24 track system 8 MK3. the one i'm interested in has 24 1/4" direct outs on...

y2kalaki
replies: 2 views: 196
y2kalaki 1 day ago

Hi! I have been mixing on and off for about 2 years and have read 3 or 4 well-regarded books so I know a fair amount but...

railcity
replies: 21 views: 454
railcity 1 day ago

I can't control my environment enough to clean tracks on my desk monitors. I have to rely on my 7506 to clean up the noise. Use...

goom
replies: 5 views: 369
Carbinax 1 day ago

Can I use a di box as a dac to connect my tube amp, which is not made for headphones (more for speakers) and is home made. If i...

Anto1
replies: 4 views: 451
dfchandler 1 day ago

So, i'm looking for some budget preamps. But the preamps and digital converters have me confused. Can someone explain me what the...

NerdyUsername
replies: 10 views: 302
NerdyUsername 2 days ago

I'm curious to know if listeners can hear the difference in two versions of the same song (one is processed and the other is...

nmccamy
replies: 1 views: 250
Red Black 2 days ago

Hi all, I've just finished my first digital release (a solo guitar EP) and it's been uploaded to all major stores. One thing...

wikaman1
replies: 4 views: 304
MiguelDamas 2 days ago

Hello, I have a PA with an aux out. 1/4" TRS balanced +4db output. The headphone amplifier is stereo 1/4" TRS input...

foul_owl
replies: 2 views: 236
foul_owl 2 days ago

Hello, I recently purchased a Mackie ProFX8v2, I already own a Behringer Uphoria interface, being the newbie that I am, I have...

VicEmRa
replies: 3 views: 221
Josef_K 2 days ago

Looking to buy small light weight PA speakers for a 4 piece playing small venues. Will only have the voxs going through it. Any...

Gilda
replies: 1 views: 263
stevelindsay 2 days ago

IMO anyway Edit: no idea why it's not cut/pasting right, but delete the spaces below to get it www. the producers choice...

bill5
replies: 2 views: 262
bill5 2 days ago

Hi Guys.. got this newbie doubt.. I often shop on Discogs, buying cds i don't find in digital stores. I store and listen all my...

far away
replies: 25 views: 475
Noisewagon 2 days ago

A question for all of you GS compression gurus: is it true, as I surmise, that all (or most all) spoken word compression benefits...

VoiceShow
replies: 50 views: 1,323
VoiceShow 2 days ago

Hi, When I listen to reference CDs that I have imported into protools and put them on a track that is set to 0dbfs I find I...

dobbiedada
replies: 6 views: 316
Wizzomixer 2 days ago

Hi all. I am thinking about getting some studio monitors for my home studio (probably 25m2 in size). I am not a professional and...

Kjell M.I.E
replies: 6 views: 349
Owen L T 2 days ago

Hi this is my first post on here so apologies if it is in the wrong sub or I've done something stupid... I did look at the...

Luffy
replies: 10 views: 260
Brent Hahn 3 days ago

Which of the following attached music samples (same song) sounds better to you and why?

nmccamy
replies: 3 views: 239
nmccamy 3 days ago

Hello, I need some kind of mixer/splitter... I have three keyboards that I need to control separately white space...

tgavrano
replies: 3 views: 279
deedeeyeah 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search