The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 140 views: 82,783
Etch-A-Sketch 2 weeks ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 151 views: 96,253
Wayne 3 weeks ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 173 views: 162,344
Tascam238 9th September 2019

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 88,921
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 40,664
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 43,585
Jules 1st February 2011

Hi fellow slutz!! I'll jump right in. If I have multiple tracks sending to the same reverb send and need to make separate wet...

ZachSingsThings
replies: 2 views: 143
mattiasnyc 17 minutes ago

I am using massive x in logic pro x. there is no automation. every time i play it back the midi notes play at a random volume...

colbykeyz
replies: 0 views: 42
colbykeyz 1 hour ago

Hey there! I'm going to ask some stuff which may seem incredibly rudimentary to you all, and I'm gonna use a lot of words to do...

Kyamcalvert
replies: 3 views: 243
standingwave 3 hours ago

Can anyone share some thoughts as to how the reverb on this snare might be done? Is that a gated plate?

prophet
replies: 1 views: 86
Kerbkrawler 4 hours ago

(I posted this in the forum "Newbie Audio Engineering + Production Question Zone" but I just got invited in this forum...

e95e
replies: 1 views: 165
Sypowicz 6 hours ago

Hello everyone, For quite a while I've been mystified with how Serban has crazy wide sounding bass on some of his mixes. A few...

JanetB
replies: 0 views: 84
JanetB 6 hours ago

basically I am studying audio engineering at university and I have a signal flow exam coming up.I was wondering if there's any...

sense_12
replies: 5 views: 736
sense_12 7 hours ago

Hi everyone, i've always started a mix like that: 1.All the faders down to -inf and start bringing them up one by one...

MikeAGV
replies: 8 views: 311
MikeAGV 7 hours ago

I have a question about multi-channel bass mixing. I don't mean double-tracked in the sense of multiple performances; instead...

BrentD
replies: 0 views: 87
BrentD 8 hours ago

I have a Soundcraft Signature 22 MTK desk. Because it doesn't have inserts, I'm sending aux 1 & 2 to a dbx 266xl...

jsaipe
replies: 2 views: 268
jsaipe 8 hours ago

Hello, i wanted to ask what the idea battery powered live set up and workflow would be for a group ( singer, 2 Guitars,bass and...

SkyStudios
replies: 0 views: 124
SkyStudios 9 hours ago

Hello!:) I'm new here and I'm desperate for help! I've been using Logic Pro X for a while now but one thing I still trying...

e95e
replies: 3 views: 310
Val Diaz 10 hours ago

I love this vocal sound. It sounds so up close with some subtle compression. Can anyone tell me how to recreate a vocal like this...

ToneG
replies: 1 views: 254
kwaem 12 hours ago

hi folks - just finished a song using real instruments in garageband and now realise that its too slow. short of re-recording the...

moongod
replies: 7 views: 261
moongod 15 hours ago

Dear slutz May I ask if I was to connect a stand-alone a/d converter to hardware recording device via spidif. Surely the signal...

luke da ruff cut
replies: 5 views: 528
casparlee 17 hours ago

I struggle with this. How do you determine which tempo to set before you start composing? And when recording audio only do...

dpaulb
replies: 27 views: 1,176
hello people 1 day ago

For Christmas, I want to get my boyfriend the Shure SM7B Cardioid Dynamic Microphone, Focusrite Scarlett Solo (3rd Gen) USB Audio...

Lana90
replies: 13 views: 519
Quetz 1 day ago

I’ve found myself having to rewire a bunch of things in my studio anyways. My main interface is the Steinberg MR816. It...

axemanchris
replies: 4 views: 282
axemanchris 1 day ago

i'm new to using midi instruments so i'm lost with this. i've noticed that when notes sustain, there's a sort of modulation at...

eor
replies: 0 views: 276
eor 1 day ago

Hi, I'm currently mixing my band's demo and I'm having hard time mixing guitars. I think they sound weird, esepcially in palm...

ulumulu14
replies: 7 views: 330
wrgkmc 1 day ago

How did the records from the 70s and 80s pitch correct Vocals or did the musicians just actually finally hit a good pass?

Digiplex
replies: 7 views: 407
wrgkmc 1 day ago

Hello all, I'm dabbling into hi-fi equipment and was wondering if I could have some guidance. I currently have V-Moda M100's...

Xerry Berry
replies: 0 views: 256
Xerry Berry 1 day ago

Is it just me or does Logic Pro X have amazing sounding stock instruments compared to Ableton. I demoed Logic Pro X yesterday...

xXGreenXx90
replies: 3 views: 209
Trensharo 1 day ago

Hey guys, i know that in the Paz meter, in RMS mode, the orange bars on the side are reading peak signals from the L and R and...

Ssublett
replies: 6 views: 231
UnderTow 1 day ago

I just ordered another compressor. This one is a stereo compressor and has an unblanaced trs input and output per channel. I want...

camomiletea
replies: 66 views: 966
camomiletea 1 day ago

Hello, could sure use some clarity on this. I just received 2 JBL active monitors. (these are my Christmas present!) The...

PJD3
replies: 4 views: 247
explorer 1 day ago

hello, if usually or most often a mix doesn't exceed 16-track to 24-tracks including 8-tracks connected at the inputs like...

walidantar
replies: 4 views: 360
walidantar 1 day ago

Why does hardware/analog sound like 3D and plugins/digital like 2D?

erike123
replies: 213 views: 6,791
psycho_monkey 1 day ago

Hi guys Does anyone know of or can recommend a Youtube or similar style amateur tutorial for beginners to learn how to create...

deuce42
replies: 0 views: 204
deuce42 2 days ago

I’ve never owned an Elektron machine, though just now picked up an MPC live and am just curious what the difference is between...

ZenEagle
replies: 0 views: 237
ZenEagle 2 days ago

Howdy. I have a recording of my first band from when I was 13 years old in 1966 that my dad recorded on an Airline reel to reel...

All Fired Up
replies: 2 views: 247
All Fired Up 2 days ago

Hey guys I've got a MODX and it's been my intro into synthesisers (quite an intro) but one thing that bugs me on a daily basis...

mitya
replies: 4 views: 472
Gtechture 2 days ago

Ive recently upgraded my mic (mainly for rap vocals) from a mxl 3000 to a sterling audio st69 which comes with a power supply.....

unknown44
replies: 6 views: 2,548
Monode 2 days ago

Hi, it always seems to be impossible for me to edit my acoustic guitar or vocal recording in a song where this is in focus of...

kwaem
replies: 11 views: 507
kwaem 2 days ago

Hello All, I want to try to sing to studio monitors. I've read about different ways to try to do this with minimal bleed. What...

BoomWomb
replies: 3 views: 277
BoomWomb 2 days ago

Hey guys, First post, so sorry it's a bit long... Been looking to get a new set of headphones for a while now and I...

kevd
replies: 3 views: 207
kevd 2 days ago

Take a listen please..does it sound to smacked? Are the highs too much? I normally send our mixes out to master but I'm trying to...

lumpcalhoon
replies: 3 views: 249
lumpcalhoon 2 days ago

Hi! I'm quite new to synths but fell in love with old analog synths. I've heard that it's quite risky to buy used ones like an...

nightoul
replies: 2 views: 265
badmark 3 days ago

I’m having a strange issue with the mic level slowly increasing in volume and then decreasing in a cycle. Never had this issue...

Rarely_Spoken
replies: 1 views: 244
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

I'm looking for a budget mixer/pc interface with independant channel phantom power. At present I have 2 mics I want to use at the...

Genesis1
replies: 11 views: 287
MarkF48 3 days ago

Hi, just got a blackbox HG2 . I put it on a my master before limiter . Here are the files with/without the BBox...

EmilEchal
replies: 0 views: 206
EmilEchal 3 days ago

I’m looking to get my first analog synth and could use some advice on which of these to purchase. I know the poly d hasn’t...

wolfywolf
replies: 1 views: 224
MaztotheUla 3 days ago

Hi there... I just wanted to ask how to get that center and side big separation that can be found often in rock records. Blink...

J.Martinez
replies: 9 views: 321
J.Martinez 3 days ago

Cymbals are swirling the overheads it's my fault I was in a hurry and didn't follow the 3 1 rule any way to fix them? I tried...

lumpcalhoon
replies: 17 views: 693
lumpcalhoon 3 days ago

Hi, I've been struggling with mixing kick & clap/snare problem for years... Im not able to make a such sounding mix in any...

DocSlow
replies: 26 views: 660
lumpcalhoon 3 days ago

Hey guys, I'm trying to find a place where I can purchase this vocoder by roland, anyone know if they are still being...

xXGreenXx90
replies: 3 views: 240
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

So, this is an old problem for all of us I think. You get your mix sounding great in your studio, then off to your car and it...

retiredstudio
replies: 40 views: 962
Quetz 3 days ago

I am having trouble lately getting snares to sit in the mix. They seem to really jump out and compete with the vocals. I try to...

cap217
replies: 7 views: 270
DocSlow 3 days ago

I've learned about Sidechain but have failed to utilize it in a session. I understand the basic concept of it, basically...

nicholasr325
replies: 5 views: 237
nicholasr325 3 days ago

Hi, I'm starting to use serial compression and I want the first compressor to be the one that has the fast attack and release to...

Brendonintendo
replies: 5 views: 266
CJ Mastering 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search