The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Newbie audio engineering + production question zone

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 149 views: 122,455
orior 2 days ago

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 109 views: 56,627
abluesky 2 days ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 132 views: 66,792
LouisT 2 days ago

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 68,066
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 33,252
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 33,824
Jules 1st February 2011

Hey guys. I recently bought the RME Fireface UCX and new genelec monitors and wanted to make a new acustic measurement with...

Nungunugu
replies: 2 views: 71
brockorama 33 minutes ago

Hey guys, so I’ve been producing for a little over a year, and I feel like I’ve made some progress, but it’s very slow. I...

dooger94
replies: 2 views: 281
dooger94 34 minutes ago

Hi, I've been ITB the last years. Now things are going better and software wise I'm pretty stuffed. I got 2000€ (~ 2400...

occide
replies: 10 views: 265
occide 1 hour ago

Hello I have a question about panning: In my project everything other than the vocals are vst instruments; drums, synth bass,...

SlugPass
replies: 5 views: 353
apartment dog 1 hour ago

My condensers (fet and tube) seem to make hard consonants sound like ice-picks to the head. My ribbon does pretty well, but...

goom
replies: 0 views: 66
goom 2 hours ago

Hello folks: I don't come here often, but I'm having problems finding answers to a couple of nagging questions to me. My...

Robash
replies: 0 views: 65
Robash 3 hours ago

Was good GS fam, Someone made me a bargain for a dangerous 2 bus LT summing mixer for $600. I really want to hop on top of...

DontaBlack
replies: 7 views: 340
DontaBlack 4 hours ago

So here's the problem. I accidentaly auto-panned the bass part on a track and rendered it like that a few years ago. The bass...

maqio
replies: 3 views: 120
maqio 4 hours ago

Hello all, I have a relatively simple project that I am having a great struggle with implementing successfully. The...

agleam
replies: 7 views: 363
agleam 5 hours ago

Dear fellow Slutz, First post. Hello all! rockout I am looking to buy a funky Yamaha Reface keyboard and I am wondering how...

FunkyWorm
replies: 0 views: 94
FunkyWorm 6 hours ago

I'm using UAD Apollo 8 in ProTools and am using SPDIF instead of regular I/O input/outputs to route to my outboard gear for...

OfficialCJA
replies: 1 views: 120
mattiasnyc 6 hours ago

I’m going to be tracking drums next weekend. I have a couple nice (or nice-ish) preamps and am trying to figure out how to get...

franktree
replies: 10 views: 364
franktree 6 hours ago

Hello everybody! Please advice me of the right order of turning on and off my audio gear to avoid potential damages! This...

morosh
replies: 5 views: 293
BIG BUDDHA 12 hours ago

I am workng on a song right now, and in the verse there is guitar, pad and piano playing the exact same chords in the exact same...

WOTC
replies: 2 views: 246
unitymusic 14 hours ago

So I've reamp'd guitars before, and just used a passive Radial ProRMP reamp box. It worked fine, but I keep reading online that...

pint07
replies: 0 views: 137
pint07 18 hours ago

I"m not new to IT or recording. In fact, I'm from old school where we use to cut 2" tape and aligned them before...

Anthony1
replies: 0 views: 235
Anthony1 23 hours ago

My first tutorial video that perhaps people will find useful: how to build a virtual Marshall stack with impulse response files...

DoctorBonkers
replies: 0 views: 188
DoctorBonkers 1 day ago

Objective: Please articulate the minimum collection of high-end gear (item, brand and model) that you personally require to...

RayHeath
replies: 4 views: 544
Arthur Stone 1 day ago

Hi guys! first post here.. What would be the most convenient way to record a desktop synth (O-coast ie)? I mean, without a daw....

sdhdavid
replies: 0 views: 207
sdhdavid 1 day ago

Hello everyone, :) I often see people talk about saturation for high end frequencies on vocals, specially set on the...

Sybille
replies: 7 views: 276
Sybille 1 day ago

Hi, I have plans in the near future to record an album entirely of spontaneous piano music with some vocals inbetween the...

WilsonHoyle1994
replies: 1 views: 254
bill5 1 day ago

Imagine you finish a mix where you add a clone of itself with a different stereo width. Some kind of "parallel...

branscobe
replies: 3 views: 321
dzb 1 day ago

So if I make a list of my equipment, can someone tell me how am I doing choices wise?

Guitarist93
replies: 16 views: 654
Guitarist93 1 day ago

Hi, I have plans in the near future to record an album entirely of spontaneous piano music with some vocals inbetween the...

WilsonHoyle1994
replies: 0 views: 41
WilsonHoyle1994 1 day ago

Hey guys so I'm so confused lately with mixing vocals. Say I have a verse section in my song but then now I have a chorus...

dannydawiz
replies: 15 views: 497
BIG BUDDHA 1 day ago

The only things I’ve had to record at work (I’m a high school band and orchestra teacher) are concerts, rehearsals, and...

OrchDork
replies: 23 views: 537
OrchDork 1 day ago

So I've got a Tascam 16x8 as an interface, and discovered that the rear inputs are without preamps. Didn't realize when I bought....

FenrisFrost
replies: 1 views: 297
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

I had a thread that created another question I have regarding early 80's recordings. The album in question is Rainbows -...

mr. torture
replies: 1 views: 340
BillSimpkins 2 days ago

Hello all. What is the best way to achieve clean gain? Everytime i go up i hear the hiss which isnt room noise. Is it another...

sotorious
replies: 13 views: 628
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

I've encountered a strange phenomenon while mixing one of my songs. I had a bit of heavily delayed guitar I created using a pedal...

scanner737
replies: 4 views: 313
scanner737 2 days ago

I want to learn how to play different instruments and compose my own music, but right now I cannot get a full-sized keyboard so...

sumthinsumthin7
replies: 6 views: 312
sumthinsumthin7 2 days ago

Is it worth upgrading from a USB Yeti mic to a e835 + CL-1 + ur22mkii or At2020 xlr + scarlett solo? Untreated bedroom, male...

walterlopez8
replies: 2 views: 274
wrgkmc 2 days ago

I found this song from Pantelis Pantelidis and I liked a lot the lead vocal that is so upfront and has a warmth! I want to ask if...

LouisPapa
replies: 2 views: 310
wrgkmc 2 days ago

Hello, I am a sound technician at a local church and we have recent problems with the Sennheiser. We run it from our board, and...

jgibson2010
replies: 1 views: 258
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

Hello, I am very new to music production. I am currently working on my first project in Logic Pro X. I know close to nothing...

nsherris
replies: 9 views: 535
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

Hi all, I setup a mackie dl1608 board for recording a daily podcast at my work studio (wouldn't have used it, but it was all...

morphine1
replies: 1 views: 300
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

I am trying to get a better understanding of how to use mixers with recording devices. Suppose I have a four channel cassette...

haunted3
replies: 18 views: 581
joeq 2 days ago

Hi friends! I am looking to buy two preamps, one for guitar and bass and one for vocals if that makes any sense. It's a total...

Lovetiger
replies: 89 views: 1,177
chessparov2.0 2 days ago

Maybe a dumb question, but I'm curious... I'll try to use examples to the best of my knowledge. I use a Scarlett 18i20 AD/DA...

dtx3yamaha
replies: 3 views: 278
Bushman 2 days ago

I'm going to be using the Dangerous 2-Bus, and my understanding is that it takes 16 mono inputs (or 8 stereo ins) and sums them,...

franktree
replies: 4 views: 308
Notanothersteve 2 days ago

So I just moved to a new place and im trying to ghetto rig some acoustic treatment with the very limited amount of money I have...

purleedef
replies: 0 views: 238
purleedef 2 days ago

Apologies if this is the wrong section to post this question in. I don’t like using software like fl studio very much and I...

NicolBolas
replies: 4 views: 492
joeq 2 days ago

I’m going to be tracking a drum kit and plan on running 8 of the mics through a decent set of preamps. But I’m thinking I’m...

franktree
replies: 12 views: 429
Sigma 2 days ago

Right now I'm using the Apollo with unison and the Neve 1073 plugin with my Sony c100. Things sound ok but Im not getting that...

Cokey30
replies: 28 views: 1,409
Singlecutz 3 days ago

Title is kinda self explanatory.. I recently got back into music I bought an Apollo Twin quad which was recommend by a friend...

Cokey30
replies: - views: -
Singlecutz 3 days ago

Ok I thought I knew what I was doing after asking some questions here and on the Presonus forum, as well as some Pro Tool videos...

TheEdge
replies: 4 views: 347
TheEdge 3 days ago

Hello, Today as I was cleaning my father's basement I found some gear from our old shop such as a tuntable , a cd player and...

logouxarin
replies: 2 views: 233
logouxarin 3 days ago

I have two studio setups, the main downstairs one with all the "high end" recording stuff, and the upstairs one that's...

ocharlas
replies: 5 views: 388
wrgkmc 3 days ago

Hi guys, just wondering if there is anyway to bypass my mixers pre amp (yamaha MG06X). My current set up is Sm7b >...

BKSTRICK
replies: 10 views: 475
wrgkmc 3 days ago

I am new to all of this, but hopefully a fast learner. Our band wants to record at home. We have Reaper for a DAW and the...

OpenRoad
replies: 6 views: 392
OpenRoad 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search