The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 123 views: 70,782
Carbinax 2 weeks ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 168 views: 145,941
nosebleedaudio 9th April 2019

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 145 views: 83,273
DIGIT 3rd March 2019

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 80,584
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 37,708
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 39,753
Jules 1st February 2011

Hi Slutz I'm currently trying to make my basic drum recordings sounding a bit more punchy with Slate Digital's Trigger 2...

Deleted 76d1bd4
replies: 6 views: 556
marQs 22 minutes ago

hey hows it going- having a problem with a SM57 whilst recording an acoustic guitar hum is present when i use it w/ rme ucx...

dodecaphonic
replies: 10 views: 418
dibravibra 34 minutes ago

Hey Gearslutz, this is my first topic on here. I was just wondering if I could plug my guitar pedal (a Zoom multi effects unit)...

Recreate Atlas
replies: 4 views: 113
CJ Mastering 53 minutes ago

Hi everyone! I'm a hobby-mixer and my main goal is to make my own music sound good, or at least listenable enough :) I'm...

boringsim
replies: 29 views: 800
RyanM 1 hour ago

I record in a small vocal booth and my vocals sound boxy. Are there any plugins to improve boxy sounding vocals?

xmasdy
replies: 3 views: 192
CJ Mastering 1 hour ago
replies: 1 views: 174
wrgkmc 1 hour ago

Is it OK to use balanced audio patchbays together with unbalanced ones? The signals will all be unbalanced. I ask because I have...

rhythmcomposer
replies: 4 views: 324
rhythmcomposer 1 hour ago

I record a lot of Acoustic guitar. With a singer-songwriter I like the mic closer to get less bleed, which requires eq in...

richie0801
replies: 20 views: 465
Karloff70 1 hour ago

Hi there, I'm new (gearslutz) and old (DAWs and birthdate) I am curious if simple (ie passive, spliced wires) MIDI "Y...

geoivansky
replies: 2 views: 151
geoivansky 2 hours ago

I don't know how to word this best, but essentially: I have a Moog Grandmother, and I know nothing about MIDI. But if I got a...

chochochocho
replies: 4 views: 180
chochochocho 3 hours ago

Hi all, I'm an opera singer looking for an amp/PA that will project my voice and a multi instrumental backing track clean and...

oldpyjamas
replies: 0 views: 72
oldpyjamas 4 hours ago

I was looking for UAD Plugins like 1176, LA-2A to mix and master my tracks. But someone suggested me iZotope Ozone 8 und Neutron...

xmasdy
replies: 2 views: 100
RyanM 4 hours ago

I’m going to mixing my own album (hip hop/singing over two track beats), and one thing I’ve always struggled with is...

Vocalrecording
replies: 3 views: 142
BT64 4 hours ago

Heya gearfolks! This is my very first thread on the website, I'll try to make it simple. I am not an utter newbie with home...

deamanar
replies: 10 views: 385
Sinner 6 hours ago

Hello guys, its been like 1 year since I'm using the focusrite scarlett 2i4 for my home studio. The issue I'm having now is that...

Vinnie_dajee
replies: 3 views: 196
MarkF48 10 hours ago

Hi Slutz, A few days ago I bought myself a pair of in-ears to go along with my headphones. Now I'm trying to connect the in-ears...

ST076
replies: 10 views: 343
SyneRyder 11 hours ago

I do mostly solo work, but i plan on doing more group recording- I use multiple mics a lot- I'd love to know how I can make...

Pale Rider
replies: 6 views: 289
deedeeyeah 13 hours ago

I record sound to HDD using Cubase and MOTU audio io. Now days How do you record sound has big readroom like ADAT SHVS old...

blueink
replies: 18 views: 890
Wayne 13 hours ago

So I used multibus compression. Top down stuff, with a different kind of saturation and a different compressor on each bus. One...

Dlane
replies: 58 views: 1,373
Carl Freeland 14 hours ago

OK so when I have two analogue channels on my desk that I want to match the levels exactly for stereo should I be using... 1....

Carl Freeland
replies: 39 views: 789
Carl Freeland 15 hours ago

Hi I’ve been using Diva. I’m familiar with fm synthesis concept but I still find it hard to tweak especially the label part...

caton
replies: 5 views: 324
Kerbkrawler 23 hours ago

Going to be getting an akai force next week.ive an absolute tonne of cds and I’m wondering could I sample them to the force...

Swordfish222
replies: 3 views: 222
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

I know this is the newbie section and I’ve already posted this elsewhere, I figured I’d try here as well to maximize the...

locnus
replies: 1 views: 400
_._ 1 day ago

Im on my trial of ableton 10 after using 8 for many years and there's a problem with the compressor when sidechaining and its...

Sk1nZ
replies: 7 views: 347
Sk1nZ 1 day ago

Hi guys! I've been making and selling music for the past seven years now, mostly with software and VST but recently i've...

Raven.FR
replies: 4 views: 246
Raven.FR 1 day ago

Hi guys I'm trying to find the missing link in what I'm working with at the moment, I've got a good sounding drum kit in a...

karlamacintyre95
replies: 9 views: 395
Jeff Hayat 1 day ago

My signal chain is thus- Shure SM7b to DBX 286s to Line In on my mother board. I am running Windows 10 and using the stock...

ChestyLarou
replies: 4 views: 368
ChestyLarou 2 days ago

Hey guys I've got a MODX and it's been my intro into synthesisers (quite an intro) but one thing that bugs me on a daily basis...

mitya
replies: 3 views: 269
TRSC 2 days ago

Hello, I have two nutrek patchbays and I just have them stock without using the grounding tabs. In the top patchbay I have the...

Andyboy29
replies: 0 views: 274
Andyboy29 2 days ago

Hey guys, I don’t know if it’s my room or what but I’ve been trying to get back into production again and every single...

Nevbone1674
replies: 6 views: 383
DCtoDaylight 2 days ago

Hey there, My initial apologies for a really long post to follow. Having trouble with my RME 9652 DSP card on my Win7 machine,...

RavenHeart
replies: 9 views: 434
RavenHeart 2 days ago

Don't know how to plug audio source into ATLAS HPA2604 pro amplifier

Thurman Strother
replies: 2 views: 350
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

Good day everyone, I need help regarding potential clients. I strictly do demo's, that's my nitch, and get them a great liver...

Basslik
replies: 2 views: 409
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

I'm sure this has been asked before so apologies but I need to ask... I have two synths plugged into my audio interface, both...

almondoo
replies: 11 views: 384
almondoo 2 days ago

Not truly a newbie - I've been recording for 30 years - mixing on phones. Got myself a better room and wanted to try out...

JohnDLewis54
replies: 5 views: 323
JohnDLewis54 2 days ago

So I've had my Behringer Touch hooked up to my iMac for about a year, I recently purchased a MPC touch and successfully hooked it...

andre2001
replies: 0 views: 286
andre2001 2 days ago

This is one of the biggest stumbling blocks to my growth as a mixer. :facepalm: I find mixing videos (like plugin specific or...

Nuieve
replies: 29 views: 1,022
thismercifulfate 2 days ago

So as you're probably aware Waves are having a huge sale at the moment with most plugins down to only $29. Im torn between the...

Stuart09
replies: 11 views: 454
Monotremata 2 days ago

Hi, I noticed that when my roland system 8 is powered off I can hear a buzzing/hissing through the headphone jack when plugged...

Novationthomas
replies: 2 views: 306
Novationthomas 3 days ago

Hello Slutz! Firat off any guidance is much appreciated, i dont use internet forums as much as i should/or unless im really...

dafendrz
replies: 0 views: 281
dafendrz 3 days ago

Hi all i am have a 8 out/8 in soundcard to which my speakers are connected and make music with hardware gear through a 16...

teksob
replies: 0 views: 274
teksob 3 days ago

So Ive been producing for a few years and have always sent my tracks out to have them mixed and or mastered. Lately Ive been...

iamgod
replies: 10 views: 2,309
jbrownf 3 days ago

I remember a couple of years ago the "reversed reverb" was one of the newer and innovative effects used in the mixing...

benstaf
replies: 17 views: 1,066
Poinzy 3 days ago

I have a Motu UltraLite Mk4 arriving tomorrow and am curious, what are the best default settings to configure the driver with for...

starfly
replies: 1 views: 308
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Each voice is unique, each voice is different. Some voices are nice to listen at, others make you run away. Vocals in music, for...

Infoseeker
replies: 20 views: 1,866
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Hey, I bought 2 UAD plugins - Neve 1073 preamp and Teletronix LA-2A compressor. Is that enough to make my vocals sound...

xmasdy
replies: 5 views: 428
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

When compressing drums, vocals, electric guitar, or bass how many db's of gain reduction are you knocking off typically? (I know...

rcd
replies: 19 views: 5,814
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Hi! Shure SM58 and Shure Beta 58 are great mics. I am wondering why the grill in SM58 is not as solid as in the Beta...

kite
replies: 4 views: 336
Arthur Stone 3 days ago

Hi, I’m trying to figure out where to put my new UA 6176 (First piece of rack gear) and the only place that makes sense right...

Mendocino beano
replies: 1 views: 277
ventil 3 days ago

I've never mixed with stems before, but I'm planning on using my own beats for upcoming songs, so I want to take advantage of...

Vocalrecording
replies: 6 views: 425
joeq 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search