The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 148 views: 107,923
Axle_australia 15th September 2020

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 152 views: 125,899
HSi 13th August 2020

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 181 views: 198,592
nosebleedaudio 22nd May 2020

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 104,050
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 45,885
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 51,081
Jules 1st February 2011

Basically what I was thinking that say in a drum bus, there's an incredibly loud bass drum compared to a 16th hihat track. If I...

dirtROBOT
replies: 3 views: 54
dirtROBOT 3 minutes ago

Hey guys, so I'm pretty new to modern recording (I use to record with a Roland VS-880EX back in the day!) and have started to...

DrTrevorkian
replies: 7 views: 5,184
Mr. Wolfe 7 minutes ago

Hi folks, Have been trying to get my gain staging right. I am using cubase 8 Pro. I have been setting up audio tracks to peak...

PepeLuis
replies: 1 views: 89
coreyspencer 1 hour ago

Hi, What are some great alternatives to these popular plugins: BF-76 (bomb factory) EQ3 7 band Air Flanger D-Verb Dyn3...

TheMCBull
replies: 2 views: 99
Jake_SJL 2 hours ago

Hey Guys, I know the trick is to run Saffire-compressor-saffire-DAW. I cannot get the mix through the compressor to be the only...

TyBeahm
replies: 18 views: 3,811
n1ckvh 3 hours ago

I'm not an audio professional, but I certainly have a love for all things music in nature, so I really have enjoyed the posts...

HandLogger
replies: 10 views: 134
HandLogger 4 hours ago

I recently upgraded to the Scarlett 18i20 3rd Gen with a Clarett OctoPre from a Scarlett 18i20 1st gen and OctoPre MKII. The main...

Johnnyo_Alb
replies: 1 views: 201
Johnnyo_Alb 5 hours ago

Hello everyone! So I've just gotten into recording at home. I need someone to take a listen to my mix and tell me their...

HonzaS
replies: 5 views: 305
bmanzer 8 hours ago

Hi.. I'm still fairly new to music production, but made a mistake of getting a Novation Audiohub 2x4 for my home studio a...

antekp
replies: 7 views: 268
sKJF 10 hours ago

Hi, I have ALVA AES/EBU adapter for RME interface and I want to connect my monitoring speakers via AES socket. The problem is...

Metasfera
replies: 3 views: 92
BT64 11 hours ago

Hey, I record into a fostex 8 track and use an analogue mixing desk. Over the last few years, I have used an Audient ID with 2...

Leerude
replies: 1 views: 94
BT64 15 hours ago

Firstly, I have read other thread but my question is a bit more specific My imagined set up: Mic into audio interface then use...

beatroot3
replies: 2 views: 106
beatroot3 17 hours ago

Hello, I'm an experienced musician, who's now having a go at mixing (usually for 2+ hours a day). As a long time musician, I've...

JaGarza0985
replies: 5 views: 229
joeq 20 hours ago

Hi guys. For example, i have a mixed track -5 db for mastering, in the process of mastering i increase the limiter gain to the...

Fractal3
replies: 8 views: 315
Korcraft 22 hours ago

Hey Slutz! Hope everyone's well, was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this for me - I'm currently using a VST...

karlamacintyre95
replies: 2 views: 137
Korcraft 22 hours ago

Hey there. Newbie here. Can anyone link me to a guide or describe the best process for getting a mastered audio file on a...

RawGuitarist
replies: 3 views: 128
mattiasnyc 1 day ago

Hi all I have a Prism Lyra 2 audio interface. I recently had to move my setup to a space that no longer provides a neutral sound...

Atari Wolf
replies: 3 views: 187
Korcraft 1 day ago

Hey everyone! I am a young Norwegian mix engineer who has been doing this for a few years now, and I've just gotten to the...

sivertb
replies: 0 views: 103
sivertb 1 day ago

Godspeed from the album Acid Tongue. Love the vocals here, trying to figure out if she’s double tracked or maybe it’s a...

jayme
replies: 2 views: 247
jayme 1 day ago

Hello all, Again I am brand new to site, so please forgive me as this thread is prob in wrong place, I also was doing some...

Fine Mess
replies: 3 views: 188
Fine Mess 1 day ago

Hello Bought my first piece of outboard gear, the Zulu. I am coming out of outputs 3 and 4 in my audient id44, going into...

willow
replies: 2 views: 220
willow 1 day ago

Hey Slutz! Hope everyone's well, was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this for me - I'm currently using a VST...

karlamacintyre95
replies: 2 views: 181
mattiasnyc 1 day ago

I am fairly new to the analogue world of engineering. Im also just not a professional engineer by any means at all, normally my...

spacefacegold
replies: 5 views: 418
Korcraft 1 day ago

Hey guys, just been looking for a control surface in the $500 range and have really narrowed it down to the Behringer X-Touch....

SteveyC123
replies: 3 views: 1,861
Korcraft 1 day ago

Hi everybody I am an audio newbie who is starting to podcast. Equipment I have a Yamaha MG10, an MXL990 mic and have...

PeteJordan
replies: 6 views: 286
Korcraft 1 day ago

hello all, like it says should i avoid "True Peaks" at all costs or are some of them unavoidable and hence to be...

bassface1
replies: 18 views: 514
bassface1 2 days ago

I'm trying to get my DAW set up to compensate for latency. My DAW is Reaper. The automatic latency detection isn't working....

foul_owl
replies: 4 views: 171
foul_owl 2 days ago

Hello, I'm getting a song mastered tomorrow, and I have tweaked it with my mixer 6 times, paid the bill, and was listening again...

deanpaul
replies: 5 views: 278
sKJF 2 days ago

I really love the drums (and general production) in this track, and was wondering how to best emulate them:...

solingen
replies: 3 views: 260
sKJF 2 days ago

Hello guys i am really having problems with automation esp the vocals. The thing is i don't know when to automate or why at a...

nickalpha
replies: 11 views: 236
nickalpha 2 days ago

Hi there, I recently bought used Novation Supernova rack version. I plug it into Mackie Mix8 mixer, from there it goes to my...

hsignals
replies: 2 views: 165
hsignals 2 days ago

Hi, I've been getting into reel to reel recording after hearing many great contemporary records recorded on reel to reels....

elijam
replies: 12 views: 500
BIG BUDDHA 2 days ago

Dear Gentlemen, I’m new to forum and would like to receive some advise. I record myself for quite a while at my home...

MikePostnov
replies: 2 views: 400
MikePostnov 3 days ago

Hello everyone, I recently purchased a pair of Bumblebee Pro Audio RM-7 active ribbons. I'm using them with an Audient iD14...

jackdbryant
replies: 2 views: 183
jackdbryant 3 days ago

Hi all... I am putting this production question here as I wasn't really sure where to put it... So to cut a long story short, I...

bluntrazor
replies: 7 views: 225
Korcraft 3 days ago

This might be a really dumb question, but i'm asking because I am trying to find out if theres something wrong with my new Mixpre...

DCooper
replies: 4 views: 301
DCooper 3 days ago

SORTED! Hi Folks, the brick wall and my head have had enough of their current punch-up and I could really do with some help...

Durr GaGa
replies: 4 views: 164
Rick Dalton 3 days ago

Hello all! I'm trying to figure out how to make my furman system (hds-6) work with my digi 003 control surface and Pro Tools...

GregB4223
replies: 2 views: 131
joeq 3 days ago

I've just bought a Neewer NW-700 condenser mic kit (stop laughing in the back) for general voice-chat duty and a little vocoder...

benanderson89
replies: 7 views: 570
Korcraft 4 days ago

I am interested in building a subwoofer to equal the Eve Audio's TS112 which contains a radiator, or the Temblor T!0 which has an...

Sukhdan
replies: 3 views: 322
Al Rogers 4 days ago

Whenever I record music I can hear a crackle every so often through my headphones and then it shows up in the actual mix. I got a...

Kenney
replies: 25 views: 3,242
Stellaaa 4 days ago

Hello people! How are you? Could you help with something? I'm doing a upgrade in my monitors and I'm thinking about this...

bpway
replies: 2 views: 210
bpway 4 days ago

Hello All - A Quick question for you. I have a Behringer UMC404HD and I would like to use its mic pres only, without passing...

jurfin
replies: 6 views: 494
carpa 4 days ago

Hi, I'm experiencing a constant hum (white noise) coming from my DAW. I am using Logic Pro X and only VST instruments, so the...

CRock
replies: 12 views: 426
CJ Mastering 4 days ago

Can someone recommend in-line pads attenuators, please ?

agnes_magi
replies: 2 views: 218
CJ Mastering 4 days ago

Hi Guys, I have a ,probably dump, question that's making me helpless for years. Short about me. I am making music and...

Pippo12
replies: 2 views: 291
Korcraft 4 days ago

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read and help. I am recording a grand piano, using two Royer R10s, Audient ID22, and Adobe...

Cytolan
replies: 4 views: 297
Korcraft 4 days ago

I'm curious about why many (if not most) pro mixers create a mixbus aux and a print aux in pro tools? What is the benefit of...

Clbraddock
replies: 18 views: 434
mattiasnyc 4 days ago

This Multi Track is free on sound on sound i mixed it really would love your feedback please.

nickalpha
replies: 6 views: 253
nickalpha 5 days ago

I have an Audient id4 with 1/4" TRS outputs I want to connect to the RCA jacks on my ILoud Micro Monitors. Do I use a Dual...

dylanmitchell
replies: 1 views: 151
paul o 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search