The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 142 views: 87,772
bill5 23 hours ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 152 views: 102,901
puremix.net 2 weeks ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 173 views: 169,884
Tascam238 9th September 2019

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 91,983
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 41,319
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 45,000
Jules 1st February 2011

I recently got a MOTU M4, great interface. I got this specific interface so I could dedicate inputs 1 and 2 to my mics, and...

foul_owl
replies: 2 views: 599
DownTheLine 2 minutes ago

I make low-key instrumental music that veers between post-rock, minimal guitarists (Roy Montgomery, Loren Connors, etc) and warm...

deern
replies: 16 views: 634
Progger 23 minutes ago

I read repeatedly the problem that exists when trying to record with two microphones at the same time and the phase issues that...

Murrfk
replies: 41 views: 995
mattiasnyc 23 minutes ago

I'm a bit slow. So bear with me, please. I've got a new apollo 8xp and figuring out my setup so I can use all 16...

bannerj
replies: 7 views: 813
bannerj 48 minutes ago

Is there a dB per octave setting that benefits finding a mix balance, esp. when you can't trust the sound in your room in the...

goom
replies: 1 views: 385
wrgkmc 6 hours ago

Hello, noob here, producing for about 1 year. Lately i've got some serious problem understanding low end and sub bass. I know...

kide
replies: 0 views: 106
kide 7 hours ago

I'm a newbie/home hobbyist in terms of audio recording/mixing. If you look back about a year you'll see a couple threads I posted...

mwtzzz
replies: 31 views: 861
mwtzzz 9 hours ago

I got a new microphone and thought is sounded odd. But maybe it is just me. In any event I put two similar small diaphragm...

Murrfk
replies: 8 views: 315
Murrfk 9 hours ago

As I'm building my studio (finished up pretty much) I've been reading extensively on the whole mixing thing, watching tons...

Deleted 5edf3fa
replies: 150 views: 12,555
jazzcabbage 13 hours ago

My Question is around Drums , I have some drum samples that are filtered. Everything below 30hz was cut and everything above...

metaverse
replies: 4 views: 534
jammiedodger666 14 hours ago

Hello All, First post! I currently have two separate audio interfaces (Scarlett 2i2 and Zoom R16) both of which only have two...

MINDRXN
replies: 6 views: 319
MINDRXN 15 hours ago

Im starting my podcast project and was looking at the Audient iD22 or iD44 interfaces primarily for its RETURN input feature to...

patriot
replies: 0 views: 361
patriot 22 hours ago

So for the people that want to know how to get that bachata guitar sound i will tell you what you need this is the authentic...

StudioStive
replies: 8 views: 378
StudioStive 1 day ago

Hi I am searching for what are the best audio converters out there in terms of audio quality and minimal loss. I want to convert...

Cafijn
replies: 9 views: 2,712
OzoM 1 day ago

I am new to this forum (first post) and not very knowledgeable, but have spent around a year getting to this point. I am trying...

Murrfk
replies: 8 views: 425
Murrfk 1 day ago

Recently got HD600's and want to use the balanced capabilities. I learned that my Studio 24c has balanced 1/4" L/R...

biglearner
replies: 10 views: 433
BT64 1 day ago

Hello!! First post here. I just purchased an SM7b for main vocal recording in our studio. I’ve heard and read great...

kc8302
replies: 18 views: 754
fried fingers 2 days ago

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I am in need of help. Building up...

Spencer M
replies: 1 views: 364
DownTheLine 2 days ago

Hello, I've searching all over the web for help with my issue and found nothing so here I am. I have a behringer europower...

Masterninja7
replies: 21 views: 666
Masterninja7 2 days ago

Hi I’m looking for opinions on a setup I want to put together. I just got an Atomic Amplifire to replace my old roland gp100,...

Firecat
replies: 0 views: 615
Firecat 2 days ago

OK so when I have two analogue channels on my desk that I want to match the levels exactly for stereo should I be using... 1....

Carl Freeland
replies: 40 views: 1,158
Carl Freeland 2 days ago

Ignore - posted in wrong place and can't delete, apologies

OrchGal
replies: 0 views: 755
OrchGal 2 days ago

Hello, I have a newbie question and I'm not able to find anything related to our problem here in the forums. I help run...

bradv2
replies: 5 views: 305
DownTheLine 3 days ago

Hey guys - sorry if this has already been covered but I can’t seem to find an answer. I’m loving the suhr Reactive Load box,...

ruprecht123
replies: 0 views: 761
ruprecht123 3 days ago

Hey all, I am upgrading my bedroom home studio and purchased a Behringer UMC1820 8 channel interface. I have heard that it is...

mattz14
replies: 3 views: 426
DownTheLine 3 days ago

Am getting to grips learning how to use a Soundcraft DC2000 mixing console. Could somebody help me with a question?... In...

filmcomposer
replies: 2 views: 411
filmcomposer 3 days ago

So I came up with an idea..... What I'm trying to do is make a stereo Piano/Rhodes sound having one sound more towards the...

DimensionStudio
replies: 5 views: 835
smoke 3 days ago

Hi guys , Im new here and i need your help with the connection. I have very good Yamaha Subwoofer YST-SW325 which has been...

agnes_magi
replies: 7 views: 453
mattiasnyc 3 days ago

What are the reasons for removing RESONANCE frequencies from a sound? Whay happens when u leave some of it? (mastering issues?)

kushaal
replies: 11 views: 2,670
phillus 3 days ago

So I'm running Logic Pro on a 2019 Macbook pro 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 with 32 GB of memory. The project I'm running...

Naoki971
replies: 1 views: 784
BT64 3 days ago

Hey, I got a Scarlet 2i2 interface connected to my mac, and to a pair of Yamaha HS7's and it's working wonders for me. Now I'm...

HeyHoLetsGo
replies: 7 views: 2,593
agnes_magi 3 days ago

I've been slowly building up my little studio for a while. Getting some nice results & learning a whole lot too. Looking...

Val Diaz
replies: 14 views: 739
leinadsey 4 days ago

Hi All, I have a MOTU 8pre-es audio interface expanded with two Clarett Octopres (not a musician; just fascinated over outboard...

Hybrid66
replies: 1 views: 628
adrianww 4 days ago

When I finish a mix, I make sure the loudest sections don't surpass about -6dB to allow myself decenter overhead during...

deern
replies: 5 views: 286
CJ Mastering 4 days ago

I am needing a rackmount interface that is reliable, but more importantly, from a company with great customer service. In other...

db9091
replies: 0 views: 647
db9091 4 days ago

When I load a WAV file straight from the recorder I've noticed a major difference in the sound quality that comes out of (a)...

runbei
replies: 2 views: 643
runbei 4 days ago

Right now for my current vocal recording setup I have a Scarlett Gen3 8i6 and an old Audix Om-2 dynamic microphone. Eventually, I...

Theoso
replies: 1 views: 618
nosebleedaudio 4 days ago

Hi everybody! I have a question about pitch correction. When I'm mixing I'm careful about pitching the low instruments and the...

Yohan73
replies: 1 views: 606
CJ Mastering 5 days ago

Hey all! I'm new to gearslutz and i'm not sure that i'm even in the right thread...Hopefully i am but basically i've been having...

JamesLyford
replies: 1 views: 316
CJ Mastering 5 days ago

In the past I've used Logic's native Adaptive Limiter plugin. I created a Gain stage before it, drove in some gain, and then used...

deern
replies: 18 views: 503
eternalsound 5 days ago

Hi guys. I've been using an SM-57 directly in front of the single speaker on a Deluxe Reverb with good results. Last week,...

Krauthammer
replies: 4 views: 355
CJ Mastering 5 days ago

I need a Slut! I’ve posted a picture to aid. I have a mic (SM7B) going into a interface/preamp (Behringer ADA8200 8...

Dylanlockstar
replies: 0 views: 568
Dylanlockstar 5 days ago

Considering you can analyze EQ these days via software, what's the advantage of hardware spectrum analyzers? I tried out a...

DarrenD
replies: 1 views: 232
CJ Mastering 5 days ago

So, this probably has an obvious answer, but it has bothered me for a long time and I haven't found a succinct answer through...

Clbraddock
replies: 3 views: 286
CJ Mastering 5 days ago

Hey All, I am trying to set up 6 mics that all go into a PC for a Twitch live-stream. I have not purchased equipment yet...

ziggyatticus
replies: 3 views: 404
Bushman 5 days ago

Hello! So I believe Gain Staging is 100% key to a good recording and i’m using a U87 into a 1073 into a WA76 then into a WA2A....

ForeignFaraz
replies: 25 views: 623
Karloff70 5 days ago

Hello, Im starting to put together a podcast/You tube set up. i currently have a symetrix 528E and dynamic Mic (EV RE 20 and...

patriot
replies: 34 views: 645
dwpthe3rd 6 days ago

Is it critical or necessary to link compressor channels? I have read other threads, specifically about the drawmer 1968-69 on...

Mixxed Up
replies: 17 views: 12,541
Wayne 6 days ago

I would like to know what people recommend for ways of miking up an acoustic guitar. Is one or 2 mics preferred amongst you...

bgardner
replies: 14 views: 1,233
unitymusic 6 days ago

So I have delved into mixing recently pretty heavily, and have been working hours daily, sometimes aimlessly, but still...

arlingtonmusic
replies: 0 views: 463
arlingtonmusic 6 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search