The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 139 views: 80,556
Piedpiper 2 days ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 151 views: 93,438
Wayne 4 days ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 173 views: 159,175
Tascam238 9th September 2019

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 87,511
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 40,281
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 42,942
Jules 1st February 2011

To keep it short, I was thinking about buying the MOTU M2 next week. But I found interfaces with more features in the same...

susumusic
replies: 6 views: 169
Zasterz 1 hour ago

I track close mic'd vocals without EQ or compression on the way in, and I control proximity effect ITB with transparent EQs and...

Cesarnsanchez
replies: 8 views: 260
Wayne 1 hour ago

Not really a Noob question per se, but I'm just looking for a little help... I'd like to hire out BG vocals for a song I'm...

undermind
replies: 1 views: 138
Mike Lambert 3 hours ago

Help! I am trying to record vocals on my projects in Logic Pro X. I have two usb condenser microphones. The first is a CAD...

tkwismer
replies: 5 views: 193
weave 5 hours ago

Hi I'm really lost on how to begin with my audio rack. We are a 3 man grind core band. My problem is the sound in our...

primatreat
replies: 2 views: 157
primatreat 5 hours ago

Hi everyone! I'm trying to recreate the Synth sound of "paradise city" by Guns'n roses (the intro's one:...

lorenzosalvatori
replies: 0 views: 57
lorenzosalvatori 5 hours ago

Hello people, sorry if this is the wrong section. I looked but didn´t find anything related to this issue. Someone played one of...

kurtmanifest1
replies: 4 views: 169
kurtmanifest1 8 hours ago

Hey guys. I need help in working out what kind of mixer I need to make recordings of our live events and also to do the levels...

aisha_
replies: 1 views: 269
Scharpf 12 hours ago

Hiya! I use a Roland PK5 live (one of the foot controlled single octave pedal things). MIDI >>> interface...

soldat
replies: 0 views: 105
soldat 15 hours ago

Alright, my first post...and scrolling down through the forum menu this feels like the right place. So what do I got going...

Troute
replies: 0 views: 145
Troute 18 hours ago

Hi, my girlfriend and myself love to go running to dance/techno/trance music. For years I have been using Mixmeister to make mp3...

TooCool
replies: 3 views: 297
TooCool 20 hours ago

I'm a pretty novice recorder (although I have been a musician for decades and know how to use my ears) just doing my own stuff. I...

Skoolboy Jim
replies: 24 views: 1,317
GENX 23 hours ago

Why does hardware/analog sound like 3D and plugins/digital like 2D?

erike123
replies: 202 views: 5,669
ywshuo 1 day ago

Hello everyone! There is a stock room reverb setting in Ableton that I absolutely love. I am trying to figure out if there's...

diegoferrera
replies: 2 views: 298
diegoferrera 1 day ago

I have noticed that snares sound relatively louder on my headphones than they do over my monitors. Is this normal, or could...

Jmstrick
replies: 5 views: 323
Jmstrick 1 day ago

i bought a new used condensor microphone (studio projects b1) and plugged it into my scarlett 2i2 1st gen with the phantom power...

fightin
replies: 3 views: 286
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hi. This is my first post so I hope I am asking my question in the correct place. I looked, but could not find a related...

whooshdoo
replies: 1 views: 121
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hello all - I am somewhat new to this, so I thought I would tap into the GearSlutz hive mind for some advice: In brief:...

behindthecurtain
replies: 5 views: 339
stella645 1 day ago

OK SO LONG STORY SHORT .. I just purchased a 4i4 3rd Gen focusrite audio interface I’ve also purchased DT 770 Pros 250 Ohm...

Superkawasaki
replies: 3 views: 260
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

And all the vocals sit on top perfectly, untouched by all the instruments and yet I can hear everything so well. It's...

goom
replies: 1 views: 163
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hello I have a pretty simple setup, which I use at home and on location: Macbook Pro Audient id22 (as slave) Audient ASP800 (used...

MrPatachou
replies: 1 views: 130
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hey yall. I just recently started having an issue with my system at the studio where if I send phantom power to any 1 channel,...

Rwagn182
replies: 1 views: 301
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hey guys, I found the sample used in "Somebody That I Use To Know" and am trying to figure out how they mixed it to...

xXGreenXx90
replies: 1 views: 219
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

I recently posted two Lo-Fi hip hop songs to SoundCloud but they don't seem as loud as other songs I listen to. I did my best to...

olearyi
replies: 12 views: 634
Zasterz 1 day ago

I'm having trouble getting my mixes to sound anywhere close to being as full of life as the pros. I know this is probably a super...

olearyi
replies: 3 views: 394
RockstarWizkidd 1 day ago

Hi folks. I hope that you are able to help me. Over the course of the last few years I've been building a studio from scratch....

LevityDJ
replies: 3 views: 311

Hi friends! I'm looking for tips on recording and mixing a VERY DYNAMIC singer in the vein of X Ambassadors. Listen to the...

kevbag
replies: 7 views: 389

I am new to recording. I just want a way to have fun creating some music - it doesn't have to sound that great but I'd like to...

rodzilla
replies: 8 views: 408
TurboJets 1 day ago

I am recording an acoustic track and I want to double the guitar track. I have each take panned hard left and hard right. It...

jakeg70888
replies: 6 views: 454
open_source 2 days ago

KRK Rokit 6s Kali LP6s Yamaha HS5s Which would you go with and why?

Nightmare Circus
replies: 20 views: 784
weave 2 days ago

I use a mac with a Focusrite Clarett which has thunderbolt connectivity so it is pretty fast. I am currently looking to buy a new...

camomiletea
replies: 26 views: 816
BT64 2 days ago

OK first off this forum is for noobs and I am definitely that I am not recording Led Zep or G&R maybe just some broke garage...

johnnybegood1
replies: 8 views: 373
johnnybegood1 3 days ago

I need to get a midi keyboard but this is still a new topic for me. I have got my eyes set on the Maudio keystation but it only...

camomiletea
replies: 5 views: 249
adrianww 3 days ago

Hi all. New member after some lurking. Should be a basic question, hopefully I chose the correct forum. I am a member of a...

Pjr587
replies: 17 views: 593
joeq 3 days ago

Hi I'm looking for advice on whether or not I should upgrade my audio interface/converters. -Gear - I use a 2014 imac with a...

FullStopArt
replies: 7 views: 357
ShadowsOfLife 3 days ago

Hi guys I have JBL 306P MKII monitors and Yamaha MG10XU as audio interface. Need to add a sub but JBL LSR310s has only ~30hz...

Gameboi
replies: 4 views: 325
CJ Mastering 4 days ago

Hi Everyone. I am new to this site so I hope this is the correct thing to do. I have a second hand Fostex 280 which I go a...

GL31
replies: 2 views: 338
GL31 4 days ago

I've been slowly building up my little studio for a while. Getting some nice results & learning a whole lot too. Looking...

Val Diaz
replies: 5 views: 316
Val Diaz 4 days ago

my friend recently got pro tools. i was excited to use it but we're having an issue. we set everything up, and pro tools...

C0419
replies: 20 views: 14,333
Krazyjojo 4 days ago

Hi All! My band plays post rock, and I do all the recording and mixing. Our bassist strongly prefers to strum chords (with...

replies: 11 views: 496
Zasterz 4 days ago

How do you set up an independent D/A converter? What other gear is needed? Is it worth all the extra setup and expense?

pinkqwall
replies: 6 views: 470
Owen L T 5 days ago

This might be the most ridiculous question ever asked on this forum, but here goes. I work for a private detective, and my job...

Krinkov58
replies: 9 views: 572
bmanzer 5 days ago

Hello, Trying to record direct-in guitar for the first time using guitar>direct box>DAV BG-8 pre>Apollo...

directhitmedia
replies: 4 views: 336
CJ Mastering 5 days ago

Do you seperate for example; "lead vocals, hook and bridge" or do you put together in one track and mix them all? I...

kagen
replies: 2 views: 335
CJ Mastering 5 days ago

Hello there! I use Pro Tools subscription v.2019.6 and a PC with Windows 10. I'm having issues with my Behringer FCA1616...

Ebba
replies: 3 views: 231
CJ Mastering 5 days ago

Hi guys I need a bit of help to solve a problem. I've been working on tracking DI guitar tracks to later reamp at a pro...

matterofsplatter
replies: 2 views: 307
Mendocino beano 6 days ago

Good afternoon gearslutz! So this is something i've had on my mind for a long while but have never really figured...

imad909
replies: 2 views: 275
khedger 6 days ago

When my speakers are plugged into my interface and I am monitoring the audio inputs, I get this digital interference / usb ground...

sly_separator
replies: 1 views: 301
lestermagneto 6 days ago

So I recently purchased a second hand TR-8 and as usual I performed a factory reset and firmware upgrade. All nice and clean but...

Muarco
replies: 10 views: 846
PHRMK 6 days ago

Thinking of using a Mackie Pro FX 8v2 mixer for the usb as an interface to connect to my analogue Allen and Heath GL2800 mixer...

johnnybegood1
replies: 2 views: 334
johnnybegood1 6 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search