The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 154 views: 139,402
Matt Syson 5 days ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 145 views: 79,098
DIGIT 2 weeks ago

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 120 views: 66,712
slutbox 4 weeks ago

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 76,978
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 36,498
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 38,118
Jules 1st February 2011

Hello everyone... I happen to take measurements of my home studio with REW. Can anyone plz help me understand these graphs and...

macbethdj
replies: 22 views: 223
macbethdj 17 minutes ago

Hey, I have done my research and watched some courses but I'd like to ask some questions about cutting low frequencies in...

musicfirexate
replies: 9 views: 84
musicfirexate 59 minutes ago

Hello there ;-), what do you think about this recording / phase alignment tutorial for double bass: YouTube Would you...

forwardaudio
replies: 10 views: 202
Muser 1 hour ago

Hi, I'm pretty new to audio engineering and would like to know how much do you correct timing (drums, guitar, etc.) in your...

JoKeR85
replies: 16 views: 388
Brent Hahn 1 hour ago

Hi there, I am new here. I bought a Shure Sm81 microphone a while ago but only got around to using it recently. I am getting...

Davidalexbyrne
replies: 19 views: 399
Wyllys 1 hour ago

I’ve a question about mixing. I’m not too keen on processing acoustic tracks as I record them; I prefer leaving the...

filmcomposer
replies: 4 views: 273
CJ Mastering 1 hour ago

Need Help! I am new to he API 500 rack modules. I have goggled around but can't really understand the LINK SWITCH in my new...

OwDU7
replies: 4 views: 752
_Ludovico 1 hour ago

Keep in mind that I'm using all soft synths. I always hear the cliche line of "trust your ears." And some things...

rallycapmusic
replies: 24 views: 647
smoke 2 hours ago

Hi I have a question about clippers in the mixing and mastering of a trap beat: I usually used to put only a t racks clipper on...

Edobajo
replies: 13 views: 391
smoke 2 hours ago

Hi there, I record in Studio One. I am considering switching back to Logic because my mixing engineer uses it. I'm not sure...

heftylefty
replies: 3 views: 128
Sigma 4 hours ago

So..the question is in title...

delayed_flight
replies: 5 views: 253
CJ Mastering 6 hours ago

Why is that? It seems that the mix starts out pretty awesome in the first day of mixing, but the more time I spend fixing the...

goom
replies: 47 views: 1,440
JSchlomo 8 hours ago

Hi all, new member here. I am a guitarist and I am currently putting together my first home recording setup. My aim is to record...

David7
replies: 2 views: 152
David7 8 hours ago

hey there, i'm using a akai mg614 mixer at the moment and i can't seem to find much information about it on the internet....

dodecaphonic
replies: 129 views: 2,954
Prodba 11 hours ago

I recently purchased a 96pt TT patchbay for my studio that has fully selectable modes for normalling and grounding. I fully...

wing
replies: 3 views: 214
acidlab 12 hours ago

Hi guys, New to the forum and hoping someone will be able to help as after having spent a day tearing my studio apart I'm on...

patrizioknight
replies: 1 views: 142
slowheart 16 hours ago

This video is for beginners who are just learning about EQ. Basic concepts (Sound, frequency, frequency bands, 0dB,...

jmwatt1234
replies: 0 views: 123
jmwatt1234 19 hours ago

How can I successfully convert a .DAT file on a CD-ROM to a WAV file?

newspapers
replies: 7 views: 211
rumleymusic 21 hours ago

I'm trying to setup tracks for my Beatstep Pro sequencers in Logic Pro X but I can't prevent a situation in which the patterns I...

Katinka
replies: 7 views: 211
Muser 1 day ago

Hi there, I have been having a lot of problems with Plugins on Instrument Tracks for a number of weeks. Any help with this...

Davidalexbyrne
replies: 0 views: 103
Davidalexbyrne 1 day ago

Hey guys, I'm making an "Audio and Acoustics Fundamentals" course. Other day my teacher was talking about...

Magic Music Box
replies: 6 views: 284
Prodba 1 day ago

Still a nooby doo, I have a Dbx Mic Processor and a Dbx Tube Channel Strip (does digital out.) What are the benefits and...

astrolabesoul
replies: 2 views: 202
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hello everyone,thank you for reading this. I have a question which has plagued me for a long time and I am hoping to finally...

ShepRamsey
replies: 5 views: 298
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

does anyone know to make panned vocals (hard left,hard right) sound good in mono? ive been listening to professional mixes and...

Newbie956
replies: 9 views: 294
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

How does manny marroquin mix some of these rappers vocal so super dry in context with the mix when there is a lot of reverb going...

skitzothebeast
replies: 7 views: 1,934
simon.billington 1 day ago

Hi, when composing with a lead sound based on a preset from Omnisphere, I often run into trouble during mixdown because the...

Apebot
replies: 4 views: 368
dethbyoogabooga 1 day ago

How does a Stationary Wave sound like? Does anyone have a recording of it?

Magic Music Box
replies: 5 views: 240
avare 1 day ago

I'm a noob so I'm just trying to make sure I'm understanding things correctly. From what I gather digital processing has...

Deleted 3f92f5b
replies: 3 views: 278
acidlab 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
Noisewagon 1 day ago

Hi everyone, first post here, hope you can help. In my current setup, I use a no input mixer which goes through a Gate in...

Ilia Gorovitz
replies: 2 views: 227
jwh1192 1 day ago

So whenever i plug in my Evh 5150 50 watt head into my scarlet studio solo it works just fine for about 10 minutes then it just...

mythrilgeasrs
replies: 4 views: 309
mythrilgeasrs 1 day ago
64gtoboy 1 day ago

Can somebody please help me narrow down which of the following microphones I should buy for recording these instruments? I...

Saladface
replies: 6 views: 379
njallen 1 day ago
Prodba 2 days ago
BT64 2 days ago

Hi, I’m getting a PA system but am new to it, I’m thinking of getting a Yamaha MG16XU because I need effects, phantom power...

replies: 2 views: 173
2653589 2 days ago

I am using Line Out 3 and 4, in this case, to send some recorded synth through an amp. Anyway, In my Console, the channel strip...

redinoslo
replies: 2 views: 176
redinoslo 2 days ago

Hey guys I'm curious ive read threads claiming a tube mics transient response is generally slower then a soild state microphone...

Egodeath
replies: 3 views: 255
Egodeath 2 days ago

Will the RT2 work in Ubuntu Linux?

678x
replies: 1 views: 370
cserrano 2 days ago

Hello guys, I was wondering if it's possible to mirror my main output (maybe with cuemix?) from the motu 828 mk III in order to...

domycastellano
replies: 0 views: 194
domycastellano 2 days ago

Hello :) I will be soon recording a smooth jazz album with myself playing the Saxophone. I suppose some of you sound engineers...

chromatronic
replies: 60 views: 1,071
Musiclab 2 days ago

Hello there, is there any chance I could control at least some of the parameters available on the TG33 through this unit? I have...

PBMIT
replies: 0 views: 213
PBMIT 2 days ago

We're working on collecting the gear for a podcast with two hosts. The last piece I'm looking at is finding the right hardware...

turpentyne
replies: 2 views: 225
turpentyne 2 days ago

Afternoon all, firstly sorry if this is in the wrong section this is my first post (Long time visitor). Ok so basically I'd...

Miopium
replies: 7 views: 249
jlam 3 days ago

Greetings! I'm new here. I have a specific problem that has been quite difficult to solve and I'm hoping someone can help me...

Gravityhamster
replies: 9 views: 323
willem1958 3 days ago

There are many threads on why having two sounds with similar frequency content can create masking issues, and how with the help...

wsstudios
replies: 3 views: 217
mattiasnyc 3 days ago

I mix hip hop. I use Dr. Dre's The Chronic 2001 as the perfectly mixed album to compare my mixes to. It's on CD and I have it...

contax
replies: 16 views: 436
contax 3 days ago

Can anybody suggest some reference track - pop/folk with acoustic guitar, bass and female vocal

MpaMusik
replies: 0 views: 220
MpaMusik 3 days ago

I've done some research and experimentation, but I can't get my triple recto to sound acceptable to me. Specifically what I find...

AJS_gtr
replies: 4 views: 229
Tartan_Commando 3 days ago

Hi, I've been mixing beats for 3 months so I have to learn a lot. I think that I didn't understand the gain staging well, because...

Edobajo
replies: 7 views: 317
s wave 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search