The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Newbie audio engineering + production question zone

Options
Views: 5,612
24th November 2017
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 92 views: 44,006
Trebor75 4 days ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 127 views: 52,065
zukan 1 week ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 129 views: 104,598
whocancatchme 1st September 2017

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 56,663
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 30,024
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 28,974
Jules 1st February 2011

I just bought GOLIATH and now I can't seem to get it installed properly and East West has like ZERO support for some odd reason....

Royaldeadman
replies: 9 views: 100
dethbyoogabooga 10 minutes ago

Hi All, Apologies if this is a daft question but I could use help... I'm currently running an MS-20, Microbrute and a mic'd...

pimbott
replies: 1 views: 132
dethbyoogabooga 33 minutes ago

Hi, I just want to make sure I understand it well - the highest peak is always a fundamental frequency, right?...

snee
replies: 6 views: 229
Etch-A-Sketch 51 minutes ago

Hi All, I once had a pair of Beyer Dynamics- I seem to remember that they were solid and easy on the ears. I was thinking...

AudioJunky
replies: 1 views: 68
ventil 1 hour ago

Hi, I am very new to making electronic music. I have always been a singer songwriter and played acoustic guitar or ukulele....

Ukulazy
replies: 1 views: 137
FreshProduce 2 hours ago

Is that true that in pro/commercial songs there is a massive use of EDITING? What kind of editing, can you give me an example,...

andy3
replies: 17 views: 482
psycho_monkey 3 hours ago

Hello all, So ill finish my track all arrangements,structure,sound design is just how i want it but now its time to level...

MusicLover32
replies: 3 views: 270
MusicLover32 3 hours ago

Recording rookie here. Last week I picked up a warm audio tone beast TB12 pre amp to add to my vocal chain. Before that I was...

doctrinity
replies: 3 views: 128
jerry123 6 hours ago

The following are 2 rooms mics top one is left, bottom one is right, As you can see the bottom one almost looks clipped on the...

theillusionist
replies: 12 views: 301
Brent Hahn 6 hours ago

Hey Gearslutz community, Its my first post. I know this is a noob question to a lot of you but I am lacking the know-how to...

TB1990
replies: 2 views: 161
TB1990 8 hours ago

Yo, whats up? I'm trying to figure out how to correctly transpose things. I have a loop in a E major key and I want to...

Hip Hop Head
replies: 9 views: 257
norfolk martin 8 hours ago

Hey Guys, I have noticed that some Large Diaphram Condensor Microphones are on the list of top Tom Tom mics. I have been a...

Danny Scott
replies: 14 views: 290
Etch-A-Sketch 9 hours ago

anyone know what kind of reverb and how to get an echo like this?

bitchmade
replies: 2 views: 176
Muser 9 hours ago

Hi My mixes have just started improving and the major problem with my previous mixes was extra decibles between 3-4 khz. So in...

indianboii
replies: 15 views: 535
Jake_SJL 16 hours ago

I have an ambient / film score like / piano piece with discernible melody I'm finishing up. I like the mix; it is for an iTunes...

tluke
replies: 2 views: 160
psykostx 22 hours ago

Hello All... Brand new to the community, long time original member of The Gear Page for those who recognize my name. I am 54...

foomoola
replies: 9 views: 261
Bushman 1 day ago

Not sure if I'll get an answer (and if this is the right forum) but I wonder if the community can help me with something. I just...

tjonau
replies: 9 views: 245
DCtoDaylight 1 day ago

Hi, I have two Yamaha hs7s and a xfi hd sound blaster. I'm looking to connect these up to my pc, however the 7s don't have RCA....

Liamkerr12
replies: 14 views: 297
MarkF48 1 day ago

What do we mean with tuning adjustments in mixing, do you have any real-world example, please? :cowbell:

andy3
replies: 6 views: 215
psycho_monkey 1 day ago

Hey guys I know this is pretty straightforward, but I'm trying to switch over to Ableton and I'm having trouble importing a MIDI...

cecilkakarot
replies: 0 views: 131
cecilkakarot 1 day ago

Hi guys, I'm having some problems with my Korg SQ-1 in my current setup. I have some semi-modular machines, attached in this...

detention
replies: 1 views: 150
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Can you tell me some basic/starting point ideas for delay on a main vocal? Slap delay I already know. Please specify if mono or...

andy3
replies: 2 views: 176
Jake_SJL 1 day ago

I just picked up some LOGITECH Z625 speakers that came with a sub. I figured, I'd like to use them outside of my Presonus ERIS E5...

Royaldeadman
replies: 1 views: 175
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hi, thanks for looking at my first post (most likely not my last!). I hard pan the floor tom (drummers perspective) and hard pan...

hybrid1982
replies: 6 views: 205
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hello. I have listened to thousands of professional recordings intently and I have noticed something: Piercing, harsh...

ChevyCruz
replies: 16 views: 1,287
cavern 2 days ago

If you could go back in time, and would have just enough time to give "starting out you" 1 tip. What would it be?...

Afroham
replies: 24 views: 374
TJT 2 days ago

Hey Gear Gurus, I got an M147 Neumann Tube mic that is giving me grief. It picks up radio interference above 500hz. tried on...

Jacam
replies: 2 views: 140
Jacam 2 days ago

Hello! Love it or hate it -- I'm told that clipping w/ high quality AD/DA converters is one of the 'secrets' for frying great...

Nabume
replies: 0 views: 156
Nabume 2 days ago

I have two powered mixers. Phonic Powerpod 1860 Plus and a Phonic Powerpod 820. (Yes, i know, they are low end, but they have...

harvester311
replies: 2 views: 149
harvester311 3 days ago

Please correct me if i'm writing in the wrong forum lol So, I just bought a Uphoria UMC22, and as soon as i plugged in my...

Manobufz
replies: 2 views: 161
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Hello, I would like to import a .wav file (track) from a CD I've burned from my Windows 8 PC. When I try to import them in the...

antoine4269
replies: 5 views: 154
MarkF48 3 days ago

hey guys, i wanted to know how to record my juno 106, it has a stereo output which i plug into my crimson interface, to a...

davidisaac
replies: 3 views: 189
dethbyoogabooga 3 days ago

I was on Future Producers asking about how/where/why to get my Audio Engineering certificate. It's something that I feel will...

busystarter
replies: 5 views: 234
donsolo 3 days ago

When it comes to mixing electronic music, people recommend to group tracks into busses, and I usually put together high frequency...

loldrew
replies: 3 views: 192
smoke 3 days ago

Hello, I have a Fast Track Pro with two XLR inputs and two S/PDIF inputs. I need a third channel, so I'm planning using one of...

brmusician
replies: 1 views: 125
brmusician 3 days ago

Any time I use a reverb I have trouble "gluing" the wet reverb with the dry vocal signal. Both sound great in...

ndc
replies: 13 views: 303
Reverb 3 days ago

I made many tests, I started reading and applying for "just few dbs of comp", then I tried to compress all the tracks...

andy3
replies: 2 views: 184
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

I have a Tascam 22-4 in near new condition. I want to track 4 mics simultaneously, but I'm a little unsure of what sort of...

philsmithmusic
replies: 2 views: 144
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Hey all, I need a suggestion on the following: I am using a Bryston BHA-1 preamp/headphone amp, and unfortunately the XLR...

itsikhefez
replies: 5 views: 193
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Okay, so, I was helping out on a film production the other day, and we ran into some RF interference issues with our Sennheiser...

jacobe
replies: 7 views: 217
ventil 4 days ago

There is a LOT of emphasis placed on the stereo image in the horizontal plane. In both the recording and the reproduction aspects...

blwatlongwood
replies: 16 views: 324
joeq 4 days ago

Hello, i Just purchased a power spec g700 Amd ryzen 7 1700 16mb l3 cache Asus prime b350 system board Nvidia gtx 1070 pci...

simply intricate
replies: 0 views: 167
simply intricate 4 days ago

Hi, I am new to gearslutz, so if I am posting in the wrong place etc, just let me know. Is there any way to record a stereo...

Johnny72
replies: 2 views: 145
Johnny72 4 days ago

I've recently gotten an SM7B and because this microphone needs a lot of gain I started turning up the gain on the DBX 286s more...

JohnnyIce
replies: 8 views: 311
wrgkmc 4 days ago

Hi there, I'm writng because I don't understand what I'm testing about the relationship Mono Mixdown and Pan Law. DAW :...

offtheone
replies: 16 views: 351
mattiasnyc 4 days ago

Well, as the title states, I'd like to be able to play various vocal types through all my mics to A/B all of them, but I don't...

John_Cunningham
replies: 12 views: 312
AnalogOverdose 5 days ago

Hi can anyone recommend the best polar pattern, based on their experience of, recording lead vocal with an AKG C414...

RonWellsJS
replies: 3 views: 240
AnalogOverdose 5 days ago

Hi everybody! I've got this problem and I'm not sure whether it's the tape itself or the machine that causes it. I want to...

Muse1131
replies: 2 views: 148
MarkF48 5 days ago
replies: - views: -
DCtoDaylight 5 days ago

Hey everyone! Always loved this forum, but haven’t become a member until now. Thanks in advance for any and all help! I’m...

secondtooth2
replies: 2 views: 131
secondtooth2 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search