The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 149 views: 109,802
zacbarnes26 4 days ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 153 views: 127,616
Akailama 2 weeks ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 182 views: 202,118
omega75 11th December 2020

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 105,775
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 47,271
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 51,962
Jules 1st February 2011

Hello! I am trying to sync up a Drumbrute, Tascam Model 12, and an RD 2000, and eventually a synth. Currently, I would like...

aidangoodmn
replies: 1 views: 13
b2001bt 12 minutes ago

In this video I show how I mix a snare drum into a new song. What are your favorite techniques for mixing snare ? ...

maartenl945
replies: 1 views: 105
Wayne 1 hour ago

Good morning, everyone I'm a newbie when it comes to audio equipments. I really hope this is the right thread to post it. This...

Matthew94
replies: 19 views: 450
RedBaaron 2 hours ago

Hi, all! Sorry in advance if this has already been answered in another thread, but I've had a few beers and I'm an impatient...

muffegutt
replies: 10 views: 270
Korcraft 2 hours ago

hello ok so I am having an issue with my setup and I don't know what to do with it. I have a Audio-Technica AT2020 connected to...

Miss Kitty
replies: 1 views: 68
BT64 3 hours ago

I've noticed that my mixes sound fine to me when listening on my speakers and on my good quality headphones. But when I'm on the...

Jaydoc
replies: 5 views: 163
Korcraft 4 hours ago

I’m taking my music career more serious then ever. My Neuman TLM 103 & Apollo Twin Duo went missing. But I’ll be honest,...

Deuce218
replies: 5 views: 96
Deuce218 10 hours ago

Hey guys, i record videos while playing games. My rig is a 12 core amd + 1080 ti and i'm using a TLM103 + Yamaha MG10XUF as a...

RedFox300
replies: 0 views: 77
RedFox300 11 hours ago

I record at 24bit/48khz. I've noticed that the DeEsser I use seems to work better at 2x oversampling, but I don't know if there's...

Jaydoc
replies: 3 views: 110
Jaydoc 12 hours ago

My guitar recordings never sound professional. It always seems they're lacking presence and clarity. I have good gear and mics,...

mzfl1
replies: 4 views: 114
easyrider 13 hours ago

Hello how are you! I just recently purchased a Neumann TLM 102! I currently use it with a Focusrite Solo 3rd gen audio interface...

LORDJAM
replies: 2 views: 136
ambiguous signal 15 hours ago

Hi everyone, I need your help, I really want to make the most out of my gear. Because of the repetitive lockdowns and curfews,...

CarloEspresso
replies: 4 views: 236
BIG BUDDHA 16 hours ago

As the title suggests, this post is in regards to this article on Keith Grant and Olympic Studios circa late 1960s....

UncleJimmy
replies: 1 views: 255
rhye 1 day ago

Hi all, Been a long time lurker and have learned a lot here, so thanks for that. I've been working on a home set up, have...

mje13
replies: 4 views: 573
frwiss 1 day ago

Hi, Is it possible to remote control Midas MR18 from Behringer X32 console. I know that you can remotely control Behringer XR18...

tgavrano
replies: 1 views: 101
MediaGary 1 day ago

Hi! Total newbie posting for first time here. I'm experiencing a repeated issue with audio playback. Not constant, but often...

gsguitars
replies: 5 views: 161
Korcraft 1 day ago

Dear GS Community, I'm lookin to buy a Topping D10s DAC, but I'm not sure how it'll work with active speakers that has only...

aamha
replies: 7 views: 178
uOpt 1 day ago

Hello guys! New here in this forum and in search for some knowledgeable people. It seems like my microphone sometimes (more...

Pleby
replies: 8 views: 335
ambiguous signal 1 day ago

Hi guys, first post on this forum. During lockdown I built a small (2m x 3m) control room/ recording studio under my house. This...

Andresound
replies: 5 views: 448
Marcus89 1 day ago
replies: 0 views: 113
mfubib 1 day ago

On the Octopre's I'm looking at, it seems to turn on phantom power 4 channels at a time. If I turn on channels 1-4, and I connect...

GeodudeGeodude
replies: 1 views: 161
psycho_monkey 1 day ago

So I accidentally left my Rode NT1 mic in my garage overnight, where it got to be like 40 degrees Fahrenheit. It was connected to...

Jonthagoat
replies: 8 views: 222
bill5 1 day ago

As a new project I've decided to make a crazy little electroacoustic noise box with various springs, strings and other acoustic...

The Mule
replies: 9 views: 184
AfterViewer 1 day ago

Is it true that you should keep peaks below -6dbfs? At one point my song peaks at about -5.5dbfs. How do I remedy this? Can I...

Jaydoc
replies: 5 views: 185
Jaydoc 1 day ago

Sorry if this has been asked before. I record in my bedroom, and I can never get the right sound out of my amp when it comes time...

TheRealGrimm
replies: 15 views: 344
Muser 1 day ago

Hi everyone. I currently own a Scarlett 2i2 interface and I want to reamp to a radial reamp box. It’s the blue one. What cable...

ScottytheHutt
replies: 3 views: 163
Korcraft 1 day ago

I'm looking to track drums in my home studio for the first time. I currently have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and enough mics for a...

schimdog
replies: 3 views: 132
edva 1 day ago

Does anybody know how to achieve this big round warm compressed in your face vocal processing, like the one in this song??...

Thefoxworth
replies: 0 views: 109
Thefoxworth 2 days ago

I was wondering if anyone has managed to find the patch used for Tame Impala's Borderline piano/clav sound for the main...

TomTom1
replies: 0 views: 123
TomTom1 2 days ago

Hey guys, I have a question about reamping. I use the Universal Audio Apollo Twin as my main interface, but my studio has been...

nickagga
replies: 7 views: 2,527
Sense_A 2 days ago

Hey guys, I'm having trouble layering 2-3 reverby guitars/ one bass together. Trying to emulate this kind of sound that...

tokel69
replies: 4 views: 166
tokel69 3 days ago

Hello everyone, Lately I've been starting to mix my own music, right now being still a newbie. I got mixes that are sounding...

Sedativ
replies: 33 views: 6,159
chrisdude 3 days ago

Hi, I hoping somebody can advise me on this. I have a pair of Focal A65 and a pair of Yamaha HS5, going through the Mackie Big...

yvngface
replies: 4 views: 148
yvngface 3 days ago

So it’s this warm pad sound at 1:05 after the high pitched square wave that I can’t figure out. Any help would be...

mikemike1191
replies: 0 views: 106
mikemike1191 3 days ago

Hey guys, my setup is just a prophet 6, a Scarlet 2i2, and Ableton. I was wondering how Synthetic World 859's Prophet sounds so...

mikemike1191
replies: 2 views: 201
mikemike1191 3 days ago

Right now for my current vocal recording setup I have a Scarlett Gen3 8i6 and an old Audix Om-2 dynamic microphone. Eventually, I...

Theoso
replies: 4 views: 1,444
Mag J 3 days ago

i've been mixing our online church stuff, and the part that takes way too long is tracking each vocal into autotune 8.1. Before I...

analoglovr
replies: 0 views: 109
analoglovr 4 days ago

hey just wanted to see if anyone out there has a fine tuned baritone guitar plugin chain. i play a dan electro baritone and it...

angelsson
replies: 6 views: 355
David W. Jones 4 days ago

Hey! I just bought a Behringer UMC1820 to replace my smaller Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, and I’ve had it for about a week now....

Kaseki
replies: 19 views: 477
Kaseki 4 days ago

Hi there! I've been looking around in a few threads but I am still trying to find some clarity regarding the...

K303
replies: 4 views: 181
K303 4 days ago

Hey everyone, I've seen quite a few comments around the internet about how much of a resource hog Omnisphere can be. I decided...

Biodiode
replies: 0 views: 114
Biodiode 4 days ago

So I actually and literally seriously fed up of getting no views on soundcloud or any hits on my youtube account and want to take...

darksixtyfour
replies: 8 views: 315
darksixtyfour 4 days ago

Hello all, First I have done extensive research here regarding how to achieve Drake style vocal chain, and it seems a lot of...

RakanAyyoub
replies: 3 views: 199
Sigma 4 days ago

Incredibly stupid question, I'm sure, but I've never had to do it before, so. I'm looking to copy audio from certain tv shows...

petsematary
replies: 3 views: 197
Garage Rodeo 5 days ago

Hi everyone, I've just taken delivery of my new Alesis V25, and I want to be able to use the drum pads as drums while playing the...

DirtyDan9758
replies: 1 views: 121
b2001bt 5 days ago

Hope you guys can help me out on this one... I have a couple of hardware synthesizers that i want to record and use in FL...

Dopey88
replies: 2 views: 157
b2001bt 5 days ago

When I'm monitoring my mix in my session, I'm happy with the sound. However, after exporting, the sound is slightly less warm,...

Jaydoc
replies: 7 views: 286
Sigma 5 days ago

can there be a difference exporting to a lower bitrate between a DAW like ProTools and an external program like sox ? (without...

JusTipsie
replies: 2 views: 153
JusTipsie 5 days ago

Hi guys, I'm new on here. I have limited music production experience but have recently begun exploring more at home. I bought a...

GoatsHeadStew
replies: 5 views: 496
red light king 5 days ago

Beginner questions about tracks and sends and buses here. I'm unclear on something: When I create a send from a track to a...

flyagaricus
replies: 7 views: 247
Zed999 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search