The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Newbie audio engineering + production question zone

Options
Announcement: The Gearslutz 2018 Member Survey is on! Whitecat
29th March 2018 Views: 2,741
Views: 2,741
29th March 2018
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 107 views: 53,601
Etch-A-Sketch 2 weeks ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 130 views: 63,283
bainmack 9th March 2018

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 148 views: 118,132
mattiasnyc 27th January 2018

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 65,236
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 32,393
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 32,555
Jules 1st February 2011

Hello everybody. I’m actually a pro-user but Basic vs. Premium differences are a bit confusing and not well documented. I know...

hes_ko
replies: 16 views: 1,212
Antelope Audio 9 minutes ago

Hello I’m a newbie to the recording game, so please bare with me :). Had couple of questions for you pros out there. 1. How...

Ash198324
replies: 1 views: 70
Dana_T. 20 minutes ago

Has anyone heard anything good on Tascam DP32 multi track recorders? I don't have a computer and I'd rather buy the Tascam just...

Connorclarkmusic
replies: 3 views: 918
RustyRafters 2 hours ago

I have decision making paralysis and it's stopping me from recording and creating. I really need some help. I need to upgrade my...

apparition
replies: 3 views: 290
elegentdrum 3 hours ago

Hello everyone! This is my first post here and I want to thank every single one of you for checking it out! I'm also newbie when...

VoiceOverJoe
replies: 36 views: 584
VoiceOverJoe 4 hours ago

Hi guys! Today I picked up a Ditto x4 to use with my Volca beats. I plan on getting a Korg minilogue very soon as well. I was...

theluckysloth
replies: 3 views: 322
theluckysloth 4 hours ago

As a new "musician" and college-aged kid, I don't have the money to go ahead and get an Apple laptop for...

sumthinsumthin7
replies: 3 views: 194
rimisrandma 4 hours ago

Ok, I mix on a hybrid setup so I have my (stereo) parallel compressed drum buss in my daw (mixbus 32c) routed to two mono channel...

Earwormer
replies: 4 views: 191
mixedbyjoe 6 hours ago

Hi all. My issue : There is a constant white noise present when I arm a track for record using a hardware instrument. The...

Wooksound
replies: 32 views: 1,021
Wooksound 6 hours ago

I’ve heard about serial compression, but lately I’ve been hearing about serial de-essing where multiple de essers are used at...

skitzothebeast
replies: 6 views: 308
BillSimpkins 7 hours ago

Getting my first mix buss comp (drawmer 1978) so I am wondering two thing. the first is a bit more general. when using a mix bus...

jeb stuart
replies: 7 views: 655
ac_music 12 hours ago

I am a total noob I just use this setup to listen to music. I've got a PC which connects via USB to M-Audio M-Track 2X2 Audio...

crazylegz
replies: 9 views: 385
johannburkard 13 hours ago

Hi everyone, I’m planning to improve my home studio in order to get a better quality. I wonder which one will do the work...

mehrads
replies: 1 views: 216
jdier 15 hours ago

I'll cut to the chase: I have; -Limiter on the kick and snare -Kick, snare and percussion sent to buss and lightly...

optimistuk
replies: 17 views: 931
Neurocortex 15 hours ago

Ok guys the song is YouTube There is this big snare sound, i want to achieve. I'm on logic, so if your know how to do with...

Detective_Disco
replies: 3 views: 375
jdier 16 hours ago

Hello, i know there are lots of posts about this topic on several foruns, BUT i'm still looking for an definitive answer to my...

Mathost
replies: 1 views: 325
CJ Mastering 16 hours ago

Rank newbie here. Well, at least I've read enough to know what midi is and that I need a "daw" software. So, if I...

note_cushion
replies: 5 views: 278
jdier 16 hours ago

Hey guys, I am into EDM and a project I am working on I have this lowend bongoloop in the context of everything everything sounds...

magik87
replies: 1 views: 178
CJ Mastering 19 hours ago

I'm sure most of us on here have heard the track Lenny by SRV. If you haven't: YouTube I'm curious on how one would go about...

connorzman
replies: 59 views: 814
CJ Mastering 19 hours ago

I'm not a newbie, but I am fairly new to analog tape, so this is sort of a newbie question. I recently acquired a Fostex R8...

KingsX
replies: 9 views: 381
Waltz Mastering 20 hours ago

Hi, This problem is driving me nuts, as I cant see how I have set this up incorrect. I already made a topic earlier this year...

neoking
replies: 3 views: 275
JackFocusrite 1 day ago

So I've got a talkback system here that'a s bit complicated. At the moment it goes into a Cranesong Avocet and gets routed...

Dayo
replies: 5 views: 338
Dayo 1 day ago

Hi! I hope someone could help me here. I recently bought the RME ADI-2 ADA converter and I have successfully connected it...

arttuextra
replies: 0 views: 272
arttuextra 1 day ago

Throwing this out there for anyone who might know a thing or two about electrical stuff... I got a RADIAL SGI Studio Guitar...

Vandaski
replies: 0 views: 209
Vandaski 1 day ago

So for an audio class project I need to reproduce the sound of Led Zeppelin 1 as closely as possible. I have musicians who can...

GiveMeYourGuitar
replies: 41 views: 1,057
Arthur Stone 1 day ago

Thoughts on this mix? Walking The Dog 4.23.18.wav - Google Drive

CDB Studios
replies: 1 views: 284
BillSimpkins 1 day ago

Hello everyone, Here is my question. My church is looking to get a RTA software because our room sounds horrible and it has...

drummer1818
replies: 0 views: 217
drummer1818 1 day ago

I’ve just purchased the Rode ntk microphone , and I can not seem to get anything to work for me to record , I have tried 2...

TreyDon
replies: 6 views: 296
MarkF48 1 day ago

Hello, I have recently acquired myself a basic home studio setup with the following devices: - Desktop computer (windows...

Noitcereon
replies: 3 views: 351
Noitcereon 1 day ago

Hi there I've been editing and tuning some harsh vocals (like bring me the horizon - Throne) with melodyne and been having...

368beef
replies: 9 views: 311
unitymusic 1 day ago

Hi Guys i am kind of new here read the rules and hope this is appropriate. I am working on a song on logic pro and have an...

Dig It
replies: 1 views: 293
butter 1 day ago

Hi All, I currently have the following setup: DAW->UAD Apollo Twin->PMC twotwo.6 The UAD is connected to the PMC's...

VNVNation
replies: 4 views: 300
VNVNation 2 days ago

Hi to all of you professional mixers/engineers. If you want to skip the whole discussion and just give me some simple feedback...

Quetz
replies: 86 views: 1,710
BIG BUDDHA 2 days ago

I have a MTP AV. Using one controller MAudio keyboard. I want a program 1 setup as a stand-alone for live. I am able to trigger...

robinmink
replies: 2 views: 276
shanabit 2 days ago

What is the best way to record the Juno-6 output as there is no MIDI on it, there is a Mono, Stereo output, headphones or just...

Brianbrook
replies: 1 views: 333
JonnieK 2 days ago

Hi Everyone, I need a mic to record both solo and group vocals. Any particular mic to suit my need? I do mostly pop/rock and...

gegen
replies: 23 views: 692
gegen 2 days ago

Ok so let's say I wanna record an E.P. for a band. I would want to have the same uniform sound throughout the album with the same...

xxrobbie
replies: 26 views: 2,515
jal075 2 days ago

I am a home recorder guy who records just basic drum, guitar, vocal, bass, keyboard maybe, shaker etc music... I aim for a...

hello people
replies: 29 views: 629
hello people 2 days ago

I tried the Waves Triple D on my two bus, and it instantly tightened everything up in a way that plugins like the L2 never could...

asarghmatey
replies: 1 views: 320
simon.billington 2 days ago

Hello everyone, I'm new on the forum, though I've been using it for a lot of researching over the last couple of months....

rode87
replies: 1 views: 317
Dana_T. 2 days ago

I've returned to composing and recording music after a 10-year hiatus where I focused on work/school/life stuff and for the past...

jiffybox
replies: 7 views: 398
jal075 3 days ago

hello, so i have an old casio MA-150 keyboard which only has a 5 pin DIN midi out . i want to use it as a midi controller ,i...

rajath
replies: 4 views: 309
rajath 3 days ago

Hello. Newbie here! I face the following problem when i try to sum mix with the dangerous D-box. I 'm routing my mix bus channels...

Roussetos
replies: 2 views: 599
JohnnySixStrings 3 days ago

Hi everyone. I know posts have been made about this topic before, but none of them solved my issue. I’m trying to double track...

MashburnGear
replies: 37 views: 780
rparker 3 days ago

I just got my slate VMS yesterday and I proceeded to plug it in to my apogee duet in one of the inputs that are provided. Of...

MusicInHeart
replies: 4 views: 276
Thrust 3 days ago

How do I connect apogee big ben to midas venice firewire? Hoping aes is compatible with xlr with correct aes cable. Thank you

rawboogie
replies: 1 views: 262
rawboogie 3 days ago

Any advice on remaking this synth guys? Using Logic X

DenversWorld
replies: 3 views: 304
DenversWorld 3 days ago

Hello all, So this question is in regards to mono compatibility, specifically my synths and leads. My basses and drums don’t...

DanSiego
replies: 11 views: 350
Sharp11 4 days ago

Hello guys, any ideas on how the effect on the guitar in the LEFT channel is achieved in this song? It's almost synth-like and...

tanelilucis
replies: 3 views: 319
tanelilucis 4 days ago

Trying to decide on a small DAW controller for effect parameters like compression and EQ.

goom
replies: 0 views: 260
goom 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search