The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Sponsored ByThreeBodyTech
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 126 views: 72,181
Choko 17 hours ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 149 views: 84,615
Jeff Hayat 3 days ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 168 views: 147,634
nosebleedaudio 9th April 2019

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 81,705
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 38,221
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 40,291
Jules 1st February 2011

No amount of compression on any setting with any lookahead can soften a harsh vocal consonant that pierces my ears. I have to...

goom
replies: 7 views: 775
deedeeyeah 3 minutes ago

In the youtube video below, a group of kids with amplified acoustic guitars had some kind of atmospheric synth playing in the...

Molossus
replies: 1 views: 268
jammiedodger666 57 minutes ago

Hi guys! I have a Roland Rubix interface with 2 mic/jack inputs and me and my friend want to record a jam session live which...

davidbalazs1997
replies: 5 views: 135
BT64 2 hours ago

Hi, I‘ve bought a Kontakt license from a private person. I used his Transfer ID, got Kontakt working and now I see that I‘ve...

Horizon7777
replies: 2 views: 500
Horizon7777 5 hours ago

Hi all, First post. I'm about to set up a little (very little) home studio to have a bash at creating / recording music. I'm...

MattWeth
replies: 11 views: 580
Evert1 5 hours ago

Hi everyone -- I want to record a small vocal group in M/S stereo format. I plan to use a "Y" cable to split the...

MichaelK
replies: 25 views: 896
BT64 6 hours ago

Hey Folks, is there any hardware out there to trigger Midi Tempo Change in a DAW while playing drums? Or any possible way to...

RayGrauberger
replies: 2 views: 586
terrible.dee 7 hours ago
replies: 3 views: 657
terrible.dee 7 hours ago

I've been playing around with speakers, now that I have a few more to play with, and I've noticed something. To my ears, the...

Liko
replies: 23 views: 2,151
Toby Pearce 8 hours ago

This may seem obvious to more experienced folk, but I'm tearing my hair out. I run sound for a Buddhist sangha, and we have been...

phorgan1
replies: 0 views: 294
phorgan1 9 hours ago

Hope this is the right thread. I have a song I have been working on for a while, with a version on spotify already, but I wanted...

Garage Rodeo
replies: 5 views: 856
Smithburg 11 hours ago
replies: - views: -
Dezza 12 hours ago

Hello, So I want to get into recording my guitar through an audio interface but I also want to keep the sound I use from my...

Warboss_Choppa
replies: 4 views: 476
Smithburg 12 hours ago

Dear slutz, I quite literally just got the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 for Christmas and have been trying to set it up but with no...

ktmay2
replies: 11 views: 57,876
Sea Shark 13 hours ago

Hello, I have a DAT recorder that is having a very bad issue with tapes. I know DATs would be considered "not worth the...

LeafAce
replies: 0 views: 496
LeafAce 16 hours ago

I’m having trouble getting a good thrash tone, I’m looking something similar to slayer with a lot of mids. I’m using a...

Slaythrash
replies: 2 views: 572
Slaythrash 16 hours ago

Hi everyone, do you might know how to reproduce this sleepy voice? Special mic setting, or only the way of singing? Or both?...

future_
replies: 1 views: 330
CJ Mastering 18 hours ago

Got a Samson GoMic that plugs into my laptop via USB. In two rooms of my house I get this awful...

nuyutu
replies: 0 views: 276
nuyutu 19 hours ago

So, I got my new (2nd hand Mac), I got Studio One and then I got my Audient id4. Everything was working fine.......I'd changed...

Esay
replies: 0 views: 503
Esay 19 hours ago

here is my set up, mpc2000 w goldbaby tape 808 samples into 3630, very light compression into sherman filterbank out to...

ravecity24
replies: 4 views: 451
CJ Mastering 20 hours ago

theres effect on some of the synth at the beginning on this song and so other many on this mort garson album many other 1970's...

PillsInfinity
replies: 3 views: 531
BT64 21 hours ago

Hey I am doing a mix where a client likes the digital artifacty dirty distortion of an L1 plugin, with too much limiting going...

phillus
replies: 10 views: 790
vze26m98 23 hours ago

I have a delicate problem that I’ve never had before, and for which I now hope you good people at Gearslutz may have the...

Valle
replies: 4 views: 513
Valle 1 day ago

I've had a look about but couldn't find a direct answer to this. Simple Question: If the signal is coming out of a summing...

soldat
replies: 2 views: 558
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hello... If I'm going to use only vst's synths and effects with 48 hz and 24 bit quality, does the quality of the audio interface...

Murmur
replies: 4 views: 530
BT64 1 day ago

For those who may be interested in comparing a sample to Tape, does it sound dull? Not great drum technique.. Modified...

nosebleedaudio
replies: 1 views: 540
nosebleedaudio 1 day ago

Hi, I just recently bought an ID14 and have spent well over 10 hours trying to get the bloody thing to work. I've already looked...

Kekidesu
replies: 12 views: 690
Kekidesu 1 day ago

Hey all. Recently started coming here and I gotta say this forum is full of very smart people. The internet is awesome. What was...

musicisfun
replies: 30 views: 1,009
Dr. Mordo 1 day ago

Hi, my problem is that i have no hear-able audio output in my studio monitors when i playback some music at a normal volume,...

Skilldog
replies: 2 views: 625
Sixsa 1 day ago

I can name one but the rest I am unsure: Exhale for all them vocal snippets. What fot the drums? the sounds?

Musician
replies: 0 views: 778
Musician 1 day ago

Greetings all, I'm trying to use a Korg D1600 mkII as my interface for recording into ProTools 10, or even garageband if PT...

rand13
replies: 6 views: 526
MarkF48 1 day ago

Hola! My guitar sound is coming into Pro Tools incredibly weak, low and needs so much work in Pro Tools to compensate when I'm...

Nelifedo
replies: 8 views: 634
Nelifedo 1 day ago

Hi there :) Hope you're fine :) I'm having routing troubles and questions with my setup, and so far I haven't found the...

Djswoop
replies: 0 views: 420
Djswoop 1 day ago

Basic question, do I need to invest in a good de-essing plugins for recording hypnotic script dialogue? I already have the...

Cruello
replies: 4 views: 653
BT64 2 days ago

I hear this a lot in 80's songs, what exactly is this sound? Starts at 01:00 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=432KXxfsVgI

newspapers
replies: 7 views: 879
thedberg 2 days ago

For the longest time, I have been mixing electronic and sampled drums. Recently I hired a real drummer to lay down some tracks...

mixing_man_200
replies: 4 views: 542
terrible.dee 2 days ago

Hello guys I'm getting a really annoying white noise/hiss in the background of my recordings. I can hear this noise while...

danportillog
replies: 5 views: 505
Bushman 2 days ago

Long story short, I'm not trained at all and don't plan to be, but I love making music and learning about production. I know my...

cheguevara93
replies: 14 views: 856
mbvoxx 2 days ago

Hi people. It's clear to everyone that ZZ Top's Eliminator and Afterburner was produced entirely with a drum machine, but I...

raphaelmsx
replies: 1 views: 795
BT64 2 days ago

Hi, How can I make a warm guitar like here. I think the “warm” come from hardware effect like reverb and compressor. Can...

aviorrok
replies: 13 views: 656
joeq 2 days ago

So I'm fairly happy with the results I can get recording my acoustic guitar and vocals separately, but I've been thinking about...

aegisninja
replies: 2 views: 504
Brent Hahn 2 days ago

I've been bedroom recording and mixing for about a year now. I've made a lot of improvement I guess but I'm still at a loss why...

D3M0T1VAT3D
replies: 33 views: 910
over-man 2 days ago

This is probably a really stupid question, but I’m going to ask it anyway. So I was watching tutorials on mixing and I notice...

magik87
replies: 14 views: 922
simon.billington 2 days ago

so i have a Akg c314 and am using a 710 twin finity pre into apollo twin and Ableton on a 2015 MacBook pro, i'm not getting the...

Artcutech
replies: 5 views: 1,047
themiracle 3 days ago

Hello everyone. I've been listening to a lot of thee oh sees and when they play live John Dwyer deepthroats the sm57 or beta...

ReeceCarter2509
replies: 10 views: 651
BT64 3 days ago

Hello! Currently i'm using Steinberg UR28M for year and a half and totally satisfied with this soundcard. Build quality is...

Eugenekarnak
replies: 6 views: 514
Eugenekarnak 3 days ago

Hi there! I'm currently recording a podcast using a Shure SM57 through a Behringer UMC22 interface. The issue I have is...

Tomdan
replies: 5 views: 715
sirjuxtable 3 days ago
replies: - views: -
lukeforester1 3 days ago

Unbeknownst to me (mostly because I didn't even know to look for it), the 202HD (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QHURUBE/)...

Haxasaurus
replies: 3 views: 515
Haxasaurus 3 days ago

Hey guys! I need some noobie help... Is there any way to calculate if a audio interface can drive a high impedance...

Anthesi
replies: 3 views: 534
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search